main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Dotting of the "i": The Ohio State Athletics Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by DT421, Nov 30, 2006.

1. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    After the Florida game, it appears O-Line was a concern this year.

2. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    Not as much as it may be next year, though.

And the O-line this year seemed pretty solid until that last game.

and, Integral, whats up with all the crazy characters in the subject line of your posts in this thread? Does your computer just not like quotes or something?

3. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I don't know ... Alex Boone had a couple of bad games this year, and seemed to be plagued by stupid mistake penalties a lot, too.

And it's not like the O-Line played that well in the Illinois game

And, yeah, I'm running the firefox extension, so it doesn't like certain characters, and quotation marks that I don't type myself are in that list. If I manually change the title, it'll be fine though ...

4. DT421

DT421 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2003
    Pittman gone too? I think he's making a mistake. He's a second rounder at best.

I guess it will be a big dose of Wells next season.

5. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    It's looking like Ohio is taking a major step backwards. At least on offense. It will be interesting to see if they can still be a top ten team...

6. DT421

Nov 6, 2003
    The Bucks and Badgers are in for a big game this weekend. It'll be interesting to see, regardless of the outcome, if both teams can come out with 1 seeds in the tournament.

7. DT421

Nov 6, 2003
    =D=

OSU beats Wisconsin 49-48 and gains the inside track for the top seed in the NCAA tourney. I just hope they can get through the Big Ten Tourney unscathed.

8. DAR

DAR Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2004
    Congrats to you guys it was a well fought game. I hope to play we play you guys a few more times this year.

9. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Nice game today. Had me worried up until the last twenty seconds. Nice, tough, gritty win.

10. DT421

Nov 6, 2003
    Against Michigan too. ;)

11. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Thad Matta is now 5-0 against Michagan.

12. DT421

Nov 6, 2003
    Make that 6-0.

Oden destroyed them in the second half.

On to the semis in the Big 10 Tourney.

13. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    ... and hopefully that was the nail in the coffin for Michigan's hopes of getting an at large!

14. DT421

Nov 6, 2003
    The Bucks advance to the finals. Kudos to the Boilers for a hard fought game.

15. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Just saw the highlights. Oden was a beast. If he plays like that for the next seven games, OSU will be national champs.

16. DT421

Nov 6, 2003
    Big Ten Champs! [face_dancing]

It wasn't even close.

Should get the overall number one seed for the Tourney.

17. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    SHOULD have had the #1 overall, yes... but I suppose the committee was looking at the head to head losses against Florida and UNC? I can't think of another reason.

And what the heck is up with putting OSU in the South and Florida in the Midwest?

18. DT421

Nov 6, 2003
    What the hell is the point then, of having a regular season ranking, you finish the season on top and then you don't get placed close to home in the tourney? :mad:

19. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    Well, normally, the top seeds get placed geographically... maybe the committee just flunked geography?

20. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    I don't think it matters much where Ohio State is geographically. They have, in my opinion, the easiest road to the final four of all the #1 seeds, drawing the weakest #2 (Memphis), and a bracket full of inconsistent teams.

As long as Greg Oden is interested in dominating games like he has the past couple of games, I don't see a team that will stop Ohio State from reaching the Final Four, and I don't see many teams that will stop the Buckeyes from being national champs.

21. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    Why do you think I've had OSU as my national champ for the past 3 months?

22. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Because even Thor fears Oden?

23. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    Thor, shmor, Osiris is clearly better.

24. DT421

Nov 6, 2003
    Okay, I understand that it's Central Connecticut - but 17 points at the half!?!

25. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    I'm mildly surprised its that close :p