main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Double Legacy ( Luke and Leia return to Naboo to find their mother) UPDATE 10/6!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Princess_Tranquility, Jan 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Princess_Tranquility

Princess_Tranquility Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 19, 2002
    thanks to Emily! I redid my paragraph structure making this much easier to read!
    Don't be afraid to post comments about my story! I love feedback! :)

Summery: 4.5 years after the battle of Endor, Luke Skywalker and Leia Organa-Solo begin helping the Rebels in rebuilding the New Republic. During this short time of peace, Luke and Leia begin wondering about their mother. Who was she? What happened to her? Where did she come from? And who were they really? They knew their father?s dark past, but even his life was a mystery.

As they attempt to piece together a fabricated past, Luke discovers a pendant that once belonged to their mother.With that as a guide, and a twist of events that lead them to the truth, they discover that she was a resident of a mid rim planet known as Naboo. The two of them venture there in hopes of discovering her past and theirs.

Accompanied by Han Solo, Chewbacca, Lando Calrissian, Rouge Squadron, and the droid duo R2-D2 and C3PO.They begin their trek to the once powerful planet. There they discover it in ruins, and it?s people in poverty, what had happened here? As their past becomes more in focus, they discover the truth of a life they never knew, and Luke discovers a part of himself he didn?t know existed. He was the King.

As the planets inhabitants look towards him for guidance and help with an unimaginable foe. Luke is faced with the hardest decision of his life, saving the planet and taking his place as King or continuing with his plans of rebuilding the Jedi. Caught between two worlds that need him desperately to survive. He must make a choice.

Chapter one

?The last of the command ships are coming in.,? a deck officer yelled.

Leia Organa Solo looked up from her datapad, to see a Mon Calamari star cruiser and two frigates coming in. They were returning from a peace conference in the Tion Cluster. Leia hoped things had gone well. It was important for the system to stay within the New Republic. The Tion system was the leading manufacturer of navicomputers, and their components since the beginning of the rebellion.

A largely technological center they had been neutral and had dealt with both the Imperials and the Rebellion during much of the civil war.That was until a bombing raid happened on the system?s controlling planet Terrus.The Imperials had raided and destroyed a few shipments of the computers on their way to Hoth, the Rebel's current home base.The raid had destroyed many of Terrus?s power plants, causing the Tion Cluster to immediately take sides with the Rebellion.

Lately however; during these last few month?s of strange yet agonizing peace, The Tion System was experiencing some difficulties with a new computer draft that the New Republic had come up with. Upset at the design, they sent a rather disturbing message that they were no longer going to supply the New Republic with computer components, until the design was figured out.

Mon Mothma, knowing how important the Tion Cluster was; ventured out to Terrus to see to the matter personally. Taking with her Admiral Ackbar, Wedge Antilles, Rogue Squadron and had asked for the Millennium Falcon to join in as well.

Han was a bit reluctant to go. He had not wanted to leave Leia on Coruscant, relatively unguarded in his opinion. Much less gallivant around the galaxy for a matter that as far as he was concerned had nothing to do with him. His ship was fine and if he needed a part for it, he?d get it from some old dig he had set aside.

She knew that the real reason he hadn?t wanted to leave was because they had only been married a few months, and after the terrorizing situation on Dathomir, they were both still getting over the fact that they had nearly lost each other. She hadn?t wanted him to go, but knew that he had too. The only way to get him to agree with her was by making him see that she would be protected, protected by the best and most trusted bodyguard in the galaxy. Luke Skywalker.

Now that she thought about it, using her brother as a scapegoat wa

2. Mcily_Nochi

Mcily_Nochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2001
    Much better. :) Now I have to tell everyone to read this . . . *runs off*

3. Princess_Tranquility

Jan 19, 2002
    Here's chapter 2, sorry it's not growing into the good stuff yet! But Hey! You have to know where they are coming from, before you know where they are going.

Post replys! The more replies, the more I write.

Come on enlighten me! :D

//Where was he?// Han thought to himself.

Taking in the surroundings, he noticed he was still standing in the docking bay of the Palace on Coruscant. The last thing he remembered, was a heated arguement with Wedge. Something....about...the Falcon... He heard his name called, somewhere in the distance. The visions of the moments before collected in his mind again, as he began reshaping the memory. The arguement became clear, and though he still should have been angry, his body temperature didn't even flinch with his building rage.

"Han-" Leia's call came again.

Turning he saw his wife running towards him. Her hand was clasped tightly around Luke's wrist, keeping him in tow as they ran.

"Han-" that was Luke's voice. As they came up beside him, Han locked eyes with Luke. It only took a moment for him to realize, that his surpressed anger had been the result of some mind trick Luke had used on him.

"I thought-" he began waving a finger at the Jedi "that I told you never to do that to me!" Han wanted to be angry, angry that his ship was busted again. The hyperdrive was forever giving him trouble, forever wearing on what little patience he had.

As he saw Luke's defeated expression, he began to feel bad about snapping at the Kid.

He was surprised at his short temper. He had thought after dealing with Luke's Jedi crap for nearly 5 years, the things the Kid preached had started rubbing off on him. Patience being at the top of the list. However, after this harrowing experience at Terrus, his impatience had returned. He had formed a short fuse with everyone on the mission, from Mon Mothma on down.

"Relax" Leia spoke smoothly, grasping his shoulder.

Gazing into her warm brown eyes, he began to feel even calmer. He let out a sigh, and then reached up to run a dirty hand through his hair. Giving off a short laugh, he gave his trademark smile.

"Hey" he said. "I'm fine."

Leia smiled.

Luke looked on, his bright but calm blue eyes piercing Han's heart. He really felt bad for yelling at him. Maybe his impatience was only with the people outside his small circle of family and friends. Maybe, someday it would reach beyond them. Then again, as he gazed out to the techs near his ship and frowning, maybe not.

He took a step closer to Luke, and set a comforting hand on his shoulder. "I'm sorry Luke."

Luke looked up, he had known Han really wasn't angry with him, just miffed about his ship. Then again, Han had mentioned in the past, how he dispised Luke using the Force on him. Maybe he shouldn't have done that.

"It's okay-" Luke began, letting a smile cross his face. "I know you're only upset about the Falcon." He spoke, looking back at it.

"Yeah I am." Han sighed again."But you know I hate it when you do that." Han said in a calmer yet still aggrivated tone."I am sorry though." He smiled, trying not to look in Luke's eyes.

Luke nodded, he knew Han was just tired.

Wishing not to discuss it further, Luke decided to change the subject. "We should head back to the appartment."

A confused expression crossed Han's features.

"Wedge is coming up." Lukestated.

"Oh...yeah..." Han said rubbing the back of his neck. He'd temporarily forgotten.

He shouldn't have been so upset with Wedge, after all he was only trying to help. Han trusted him. Counted him among his closest friends. Hadn't He just got done saying he experienced no impatience with his friends? Another person to apoligize too. He seemed to be doing that ever since they had arrived at Terrus.

Watching, as Chewie finished helping Wedge unload the Falcon from the Ressurection's holding bay. Luke felt Han's internal struggle with his ever fuming impatience. Han kept referring back to the negotiations. He wondered what had happened there?

Leia watched as Luke slipped int

4. feather

feather Jedi Youngling

Jan 12, 2002
    very interesting story coming up here.. Please continue its very so far.intriguing.

5. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    Hey this is a very interesting story, and I like your style :D But your dialogue is a bit confusing. Remember that each new speaker gets their own paragraph :)

EDit: Did I mention I love your title? Simple yet it works so well... very cool :D

6. LovelyLea

LovelyLea Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 17, 2001
    I didn't find anything confusing. I thought that it was great! Keep up the good work! We are looking forward to more! :)

7. Princess_Tranquility

Jan 19, 2002
    Glad you're liking it so far.
    sorry if it seems somewhat confusing, I don't usually organize paragraphs by the character speaking.
    I usually organize it by the discussion that is taking place.
    If it'll be easier to read, I'll try doing it that way.
    Cut me a brake though this is my first posted fanfic. I have written a collection of several award winning novels.
    But this is the first fanfic written.
    So...wow the pressure! :-|
    well chapter 3 will be up soon!
    Maybe I'll post some of my novels here! they do deal with a Jedi organization that exists on Earth, during this time period, a kind of Men in Black thing! :D
    But you'll have to ask me to post those!;)
    because I'm not quite sure yet! :D
    but thatnks for the kind words!

8. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    Well correct dialogue format *is* new paragraph per speaker, I learned that through writing fanfic :D Jedi on Earth eh? That sounds like my kind of story :D

9. Princess_Tranquility

Jan 19, 2002
    Alright! I edited my story so that the layout is easier to read. Now that I know what you are looking for, I got it covered!
    Enjoy! I'll have Chapter 3 up in an hour! :D
    Thanks for the comments, keep writing.

10. Mcily_Nochi

Sep 23, 2001
    *runs in panting* Sorry I took so long getting here, Josie! *grimaces* I've just been so busy lately . . .

Still looking good. :D

11. Princess_Tranquility

Jan 19, 2002
    here's chapter 3. :D

Relax Emily, I won't hold it against you.
    I might next time, but not now!

The door closed behind him, and Luke stepped into the sunken living room. Leia headed for a small liquor cabinet, grabbing at glasses, and different bottles of Corellian Whisky. Taking a seat at the small round dining table, he keyed in his codes on the datapad Leia had been carrying. He scanned the system seeing if there was anything new.

"Found anything yet?" Leia came over questioning.

"No, still nothing." Luke sighed and sat back in the chair, rubbing exhaustion from his face.

"You need to sleep more." Leia commented taking a seat to the right of him.

"I will after the DNA results come back." he replied.

"It's been a week, the medical staff may not have found a match in their records." Leia spoke evenly.

She hoped she was wrong. They both desperetly wanted to know more about their mother. Luke had been wearing himself thin. He had spent the last three nights up in the Republic command center, going through the dead record files. Gone all night, he would come home and fall asleep during breakfast.

"All her records may be gone." Leia said.

"No" Luke stated. "They think they may have a lead remember?"

"Luke-" Leia beagn, "-that was 4 days ago."

"I can't believe you're giving up." Luke shouted.

"I'm not giving up!" Leia said, jumping to her feet in self defense. "It just doesn't seem plausible"

"We'll find her!" Luke commanded as he stood. His blue eyes turned icy. His face was expressionless.

Leia backed down from that. She knew she couldn't fight with him when he was determined. He would find their mother. Would find out who she was, and where she came from.

"Did it ever occur to you, that all her records may have been erased when we were seperated, to ensure her safety, as well as ours?" Leia asked her brother, his back turned to her now.

"Yes..." He sighed. "There has to be something, somewhere." He spoke in frustration. His fist curled, like he was going to punch the nearby wall. //calm// he told himself. //don't give into your anger Luke// He sighed again.

Leia knew he was just exhausted. The circles under his eyes spoke volumes. He was stressed, heartbroken, and distraught all at the same time. He was also determined, and what she knew more then anything about her Jedi brother, was that his determination overrode everything. He turned from the wall.

"I'm going to freshen up." He said, a little more breathlessly.

He began walking to the 'fresher, when he suddenly collapsed.

"Luke!!" Leia yelled. She ran to his side, taking hold of his arm, and trying to hold him steady.

"I'm alright Leia, I just got lightheaded for a moment" His ears continued to buzz.

"Luke, look at you, your exhausted! You have no stamina! You've bearley slept or ate in the last 2 weeks." She spoke out of concearn. "Please, go lay down."

"Alright, after Wedge leaves" he said gazing in her eyes. "I promise."

"Okay." She helped him up. Then over to one of the long, ornate couches. He laid back for a moment, staring at the ceiling.

"Here, drink this" She brought him over a glass of Corillian Brandy. It was from Han's private stock.

"I'm not much of a drinker" Luke commented, politely refusing it.

"Oh come on, one drink won't hurt." Leia said, opening his hand and wrapping it around the glass."Besides it'll make you feel better, and you'll sleep calmer."

"Alright" He took a sip. He had to admit, the buzzing had stopped almost instantly, and he felt somewhat better. He sat bolt upright on the couch. As the Brandy burned his throat.

"Burn, did it?" Leia said laughingly.

"You could say that." He forced out with a small chuckle.

The door suddenly opened to reveal a rather loud and obnoxious group of smugglers, minus Wedge of course. "Honey we're home!" Han yelled. Leia got up from the couch and walked over to Han, emersing herself in his arms.

"I'm so glad." She said softly.

"How ya' doing there brother?!" Han said from the doorway.

Luke just

12. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    They're going to look for their Mom!!!!

Wonderful! :D :D :D

13. Princess_Tranquility

Jan 19, 2002
    Hey! Sorry about the wait but I'll have a post up tonight. I've been pouring my writing into "It Can't Be Done..." Feel free to check that out while you wait,and you'll understand why I've been preoccupied. Well it'll be up tonight. Thanks for your patience!

14. Mcily_Nochi

Sep 23, 2001
    Poor Leia . . . surrounded by men . . .

15. Princess_Tranquility

Jan 19, 2002
    Here's chapter 4 thanks for the patience!

Luke awoke the next morning to the burning of dawn on his face.

"mmmm......" He moaned rolling onto his back.

Rubbing his face, he opened his eyes, still stinging from the sunlight streaming through his bedroom windows. Sitting up he began wondering how he had gotten there. The last thing he remembered was smoking a cigarette, drinking his glass of Corellian Brandy and the conversation about Han and Wedge's trip to Terrus. After that everything turned black and fuzzy.

Pushing the covers back he found he was still clothed from the night before. Luke shifted, allowing his legs to dangle over the edge of the bed. He rubbed his face again, trying to pull himself out of his sleep. He hadn't remembered the last time he had slept that well. Looking around his bed, he found his boots and pulled them on.

Standing, he moved towards the windows, and opened them, allowing the warmth and the breezes of a typical Couruscant morning to cascade into his room. Stepping out onto the small vine covered balcony, he listened to the buzzing traffic and took in the sounds and scents of the people and the flowers of the world beneath him. He took a deep breath, knowing today was going to be special. He could feel it.

Closing his eyes, he began to piece together the momory of last night. After the group had left, Han had carried his exhausted body into his room. Leia then stripped and tucked him in. He laughed slightly at the thought of Han's caring gesture towards him. That wasn't Han's style. Han tried to pretend to be hard and calloused, but Luke knew better. Han had a real soft side. The hardest people often did. Look at his father.

Taking one last breath of air, he stepped back into his room, and stopped in front of the vanity mirror. He ran a hand through his hair, shaking it back into a mess of tossed locks. He sighed, would he ever look older then 16? He shifted his hair to the side a little, //No, that looks worse then before.// He thought. Shaking his head, the locks fell back into place. //Oh well, there were worse things then looking young.// He figured.

Picking up his cloak he exited the room.

"Do you think Luke is ever going to get up?" Han asked over his breakfast, of anorian spice cakes, and caf.

"Give him a break, he hasn't slept well in awhile." Leia said setting her breakfast down on the table. She reached out to touch her brother's mind, and smiled.

"What?" Han asked noticing her brightened expression.

Suddenly he was startled away from her as the door to Luke's room opened.

"Morning Kid." Han said, lifting his fork to his mouth.

Han noticed that Luke didn't look to well.

Luke gave a slight smile, before being pulled into a loving embrace by his sister.

Han looked on.

Leia loved him. Han knew that. But he sometimes wished she loved him like she loved Luke. Oh he knew they were closer because of being siblings, but he still felt a twinge of jealousy when she seemed to express more emotion towards Luke then him, her own husband.

He looked down into his anorian cakes again, then back up to see them an arms length away from eachother, sharing a quiet conversation. Leia glowed with a happiness Han could never reach with her. A happiness she saved only for her brother.

It was hard to be competing with a man Han knew he didn't have to compete with. But for some reason he still had the urge to fight his silent war.

The thing that bothered him however when he looked at his wife in the gentle arms of her twin brother, was that had there been a contest between them for Leia's affections, he knew hands down, he would have lost.

Luke had much more to offer then he did. Not just apperance wise, but his wisdom, his character, and his honesty. Then there were his Force abilities! He could never compete with that! Luke was on a completely out of reach pedistal.

More respected then any man in the galaxy, Luke would be quite a catch for whatever woman was lucky enough to get sweapt off her feet by the last of th

16. Princess_Tranquility

Jan 19, 2002
    Emily where are you!

17. MariahJade2

MariahJade2 Former Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 5 VIP

Mar 18, 2001
    I really enjoyed seeing Han's feelings. I just love it when he takes on the big brother role and takes care of Luke. It's Funny that he's still a bit jealous too.

18. Princess_Tranquility

Jan 19, 2002
    glad you're enjoying it MariahJade2. Yeah it always seems in the books that there is still some pent up jealousy in Han, directed towards Luke. Even though he knows it's unnecessary. I wanted to illustrate that a bit. I hope to put some more up tomorrow. I'm going between this and "It Can't Be Done..." After these two I have a couple fanfics, growing in my mind! So keep watch! Hope to see some more posts from you! Tahnx!
    *runs off to type more*

19. Princess_Tranquility

Jan 19, 2002
    This story isn't seeming to attract the attention of my readers like my other fic "It Can't Be Done..." is. That's okay though. This is the original fic anyways. I'll keep writing it. The next post will be up tonight!

20. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    Well of COURSE I am still reading, I can't resist a well written and good characterized Lukie story, now can I? ;)

I like Han's concern\jealous of Luke, it's cute. I can't wait for more Princess :)

21. Princess_Tranquility

Jan 19, 2002
    Thanks padawan lunetta glad to see some resposes. Thanks for the lovely comments, and more will be up tonight!

22. Princess_Tranquility

Jan 19, 2002
    Just moving this toward the front
    I have more comming soon!

meanwhile check out my other fic
    It Can't be Done

Great suspence

23. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    good story!

I have a story with this exact same concept/story plot. its called "Luke's Search". If you want to read it, the link is in my sig. :)

Adding this to my active topic notification........

24. Princess_Tranquility

Jan 19, 2002
    Well here's a new post, hope everyone like's it. I'll have more tomorow, this is part of chap. 5 the other half will be up soon. Enjoy and remember post, post, post!!!!!!

Luke walked into his room, debating a shower.

//No, I'm just going to get dirty again.// He thought as he looked towards the fresher.

He instead stripped down to a pair of his usual black military pants, and a form fitting black tee shirt.

As he changed he noticed the pendant he had been wearing for the last three days.

It was an odd looking trinket.

An old warn gold cryptic symbol.

It was quite a fancy one at that, embellished with lot's of swirls and strange markings, in a language he had never seen before.

He tugged at it a little, fumbling with the gold chain it hung from.

He had discovered it in the Republic's dead files.

It was in an old envelope, with a name scribbled on it. Unfortunately the name had worn off, leaving behind nothing but a series of smudges.

After opening the envelope, he removed the pendant, and instantly felt a comforting sensation radiate from it. He had searched the envelope, praying that there was a slip of paper proving some type of ownership to the strange charm, but nothing emerged.

He concentrated on the feeling for the hundredth time, and in an instant the same vision appeared before his mind's eye.

A woman.

She was smiling down at him, caressing his head with her soft hands. Sweat ran down her face, along with tears. Her long hair was half undone, and looked stringy next to her flushed complection.

Her warm brown eyes comforted him.

Just like Leia's.

He saw himself reach up for her.

His fist took hold of the charm she wore, on a short chain just above the coller of her dirt stained tanktop.

She laughed as she looked up at man, with long golden hair, and a soft beard.

The man smiled down at him, taking hold of his other hand.

"He's beautiful Obi-Wan." She said looking up at the older man.

Luke held onto the pendant as they talked for another moment, in words he couldn't recognize.

He never let go of the necklace.

Even after he felt himself being snatched from her arms and carried by Obi-Wan into the darkness.

The necklace fell to the floor, along with a scream from his mother.

He snapped into full awareness, just like all the other times, feeling a cold sweat cover his body.

Leia came running into the room.

"Luke, Luke, are you alright?" She asked in a panicked voice.

She relaxed when she saw him standing in front of his vanity, hand clasped around something hanging from a chain at his neck.

"Luke?" She said "I've been banging at your door for the last 5 minutes. I thought something terrible had happened. I felt this pain rush through you and-"

She stopped as he turned to face her.

She saw his paled features.

"Luke what happened?" Leia asked touching his cheek.

He looked towad the floor, and sighed, pulling her hand from his face.

He removed the necklace and layed it in her open palm.

She looked down, as she felt a warmth fill her.

Seeking the comfort of his bed, as she sat on it stiffly, pulling him down by the wrist with her.

Luke plopped down, looking to the right of him at his confused sister.

"Where did you get this?" She spoke to him with pleading eyes.

"I found it in the dead files." Luke answered.

Leia looked at it again.

"It's mother's!" She said in a shocked voice.

"I know." Luke said, scratching his head.

"Was there anything else in the area where you found it?" She asked.

"No, and trust me I looked!" He said with a laugh.

"It's strange." She began. She opened his hand and laid the pendant in it.

Luke looked down at it, then up at his Leia's face.

He had meant for her to keep the necklace. Give it to her.

"But, I was giving it-" He started.

"I know." Leia cut him off. "But it's connected to you. Somehow. It's not my place to take it."

Luke looked at it again, tears nearly filing his eyes.

Leia took the necklac

25. Princess_Tranquility

Jan 19, 2002
    Just moving this to the front of the boards.
    Carry on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.