main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Double Vision (Obi-Wan clone fic) - Siri, Obi-Wan - update 8/17

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by DarthMousche, Aug 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthMousche

DarthMousche Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 16, 2005
    Title: Double Vision
    Author: DarthMousche
    Timeframe: Pre-RotS
    Characters: Obi-Wan, Siri, others
    Genre: drama/romance/AU
    Summary: Siri heads back to the Temple and makes a new acquaintance.

Author's notes: The first chapter was originally written for the Quotation Roulette challenge, but that darn Obi clone just wouldn't leave me alone, so now it's a story.

Quote: 95. "With affection beaming out of one eye, and calculation shining out of the other." - Charles Dickens

All of the usual disclaimers apply. No profits for me!

Thanks, Jedikma, for the betas. [:D]

Chapter 1

Siri Tachi cruised through the traffic grid of Coruscant, reveling in the wind that blasted her face and whipped through her blonde hair. She had deliberately chosen an open-cockpit speeder for her journey from the spaceport to her home so she could feel this sensation again. When the spires of the Jedi Temple came into view, she couldn't help the wide grin that took over her face and the elation that took hold in her heart.

Home. After months of slogging through the jungles of Kashyyyk with only clone troopers for company - they weren't bad company, just a little too focused on all things military - it would be good to see some familiar faces. After witnessing so many brutal slayings and wanton destruction, it would be refreshing to find some reminder of innocence and joy. She would make it a point to watch some of the youngling training sessions during her time home.

Not long ago Siri would have snorted at the thought of observing the children's sessions. Pointless, she would have called it. There was too much for an important Jedi Knight to do than to just sit and watch exercises that she had already been through. She remembered the last time she found Obi-Wan seated on the edge of the training field, watching as Master Drallig led the children in exercises. It had been a few days after the Battle of Geonosis, and as she approached him, she felt the need to lighten his mood.

"Trying to reclaim your youth, old man?"

Without taking his eyes off the field, his reply was soft, "This is our future, one of the reasons we are going to war. Yet that very thing may be what destroys them all."

"You're even starting to sound old," she teased, dropping to the grass next to him. "Hey, we won the first battle."

"But at what price? How many of our friends died? How many of the clones died?" He let out a breath. "The battle would not have ended the way it did without those troopers, but is it right to bring beings into the world for such a purpose?"

Obi-Wan looked at her directly, and she could see the conflict darken his eyes. An old, familiar feeling came alive in her, and she had to resist the urge to lift her hand and stroke the side of his face. All she could offer him was words.

"Your upbringing and your soul demand that you ask such a question," she said. "As horrible as the thought may seem to us, those clones - those men - were created and raised to fight. Their creation wasn't necessarily a good thing, but here they are. And their souls demand that they fight for the given cause, which fortunately happens to be our own. Now that they are alive, would you deny them the chance to fill their duty?"

He simply nodded, absorbing her words. The two sat in companionable silence for a time before Obi-Wan stood up. In a gesture that was gallant yet came naturally to him, he offered his hand to help her up and, in a teasing tone, said, "If I'm getting old, you're not far behind, Master Tachi. Only a few years separate us."

Siri smiled and accepted his help. As their hands touched, warmth spread through her body and feelings that she had carefully kept buried simmered and threatened to spill over into her heart. As soon as she was standing, she let go of his hand and tried not to look at his face. She could sense the same struggle in him, so they bade farewell and walked in opposite directions.

Yes, she thought with a grim face, sep

2. VadersMistress

VadersMistress Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 7, 2004
    Wow! Great start! I really enjoyed that. GREAT, GREAT, GREAT job. [face_good_luck] =D=

3. DarthMousche

Jun 16, 2005
    Chapter 2

Siri walked through the deserted halls of the Temple, the sound of her boots echoing off the high stone ceilings. The single noise made her feel the emptiness of the halls more keenly.

When there wasn't a war going on, Padawans and Knights would mill about the hallways, even at this late hour, catching up with friends between missions or debating the merits of Vapaad over Soresu. Others spent time in the training rooms refining their techniques, learning new forms or just working up a sweat. For Knights who worked in the field, time at home was for rest, reflection and renewing acquaintances.

It was with the first of the three Siri had in mind as she walked toward the meditation gardens. After her bizarre encounter with Obi-Wan and his clone, she tried to fill the rest of her day with activity so she wouldn't have to think about the situation. She had met with the Council to give her mission report, then spent the rest of the day in a studio, working out with a training droid. With all her extra energy and tension, she had been the one to give it a workout. She grinned, remembering the satisfaction of knocking the thing to bits. She would bring the bundle of parts to Anakin tomorrow. It was the sort of thing he would understand, even as his former master would have just grimaced and made some remark about controlling her aggressions.

Somehow, smashing a droid didn't give her the tranquility she was looking for. Even worn out from her mission and the workout, she tossed and turned on her sleep couch. After weeks of sleeping outdoors, her quarters were stifling. So she sought a breath of fresh air ... or the closest thing you could get to it on Coruscant.

As she walked in the garden, she was enveloped by the blue glow of the night lighting. She followed the path lined with flowers and shrubs for a time, then cut through a tangle of shrubbery to find her favorite spot under the two Arboray trees. The lean trunks were spaced a few meters apart, but they slanted together, their branches joining to form an umbrella over a patch of wild grass. It was an ideal place for solitude - usually.

Siri was surprised to discover that her spot was taken. Stretched out on a cloak that was spread over the ground was a sleeping Jedi Master. The lack of lights made it hard to see his features, but Siri didn't need her eyes to see who it was. She reached out and sensed no noise, no shock to interfere with her judgment, and she knew for sure that this was her Obi-Wan. In the Force, she felt no blinding glare, only a soft, soothing warmth. There were no wrong notes, only tones that harmonized well with her own.

As her eyes adjusted to the shade under trees, more of his features became clear under the moon's blue glow. In the years since she and Obi-Wan had decided to set aside their feelings for each other, Siri had spent most of their time together trying to not look at him. ?But here we are,? she thought and was unable to resist drinking in the sight of him. He lay on his side, his head resting on his left arm. He was dressed in his usual choice of attire, the sand-colored tunic and slightly darker trousers. ?Even in his sleep not a hair is out of place,? Siri mused, smirking. She mirrored his position on the ground beside him, using her hand to prop up her head.

?He's so changed,? Siri thought, ?More mature.? Memories of their teenage years surfaced, especially of those few precious hours she and Obi-Wan had opened their hearts to one another. Her eyes went to his hand, resting on the ground, and she remembered the feeling of those fingers entwined with hers. A current of energy had spread through her body, warming her core. At the time, both of their hands had been soft, with only a few calluses from lightsaber practice. She knew that her own had changed, grown more rough with age and battle.

Her gaze moved up to his face. It was this face that appeared before her in her weaker moments. The beard he had grown in the intervening years only added to its appeal. The first time she saw it, she'd h

4. Hananiah

Hananiah Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2003
    Wonderful! I'm almost crying, it was a bit strange with the whole Obi clone thing going on but I can't say no to more Obi time. You really handled the relationship between Obi and Siri really well, keeping a sense of history and hope alive. Very cool.

5. Star_Drifter

Star_Drifter Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2005
    Siri gasped. "You mean there could be a whole fleet of them?" Her vision clouded with the thought of facing a room full of Obi-Wan look-alikes.

A low chuckle escaped from Obi-Wan's lips and he said, "No. We're pretty sure that isn't the case. Our hope is that we're not so blind as to miss something that big." He shook his head. "My, that would be quite the sight, wouldn't it? It would give Anakin nightmares for years to come. Picture them all saying 'Your lightsaber is your life, Anakin,' all at once. It might actually drive the message into his skull."

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Every time I read this, I laugh! [face_laugh] [face_laugh] That is the funniest picture! I can see Anakin holding his head and groaning! :rolleyes:

And I'm not jealous of Siri, I do have four Obi-Wans of my own! [face_whistling] Like him at any age! ;)

I just hope that Obi-Wan and Siri won't do anything that George Lucas wouldn't let them do outside of marriage... I think HE sets the standard with Anakin.

@};- @};- @};-

6. Master_Noi

Master_Noi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    She would bring the bundle of parts to Anakin tomorrow. It was the sort of thing he would understand, even as his former master would have just grimaced and made some remark about controlling her aggressions.

I really liked this. Of course Anakin would understand.

It would give Anakin nightmares for years to come. Picture them all saying 'Your lightsaber is your life, Anakin,' all at once. It might actually drive the message into his skull."

[face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]

But as Siri locked her gaze with his, she felt she had never seen such depth of feeling in one expression before. She pressed her advantage.

Smart girl. [face_love]

Silently, Obi-Wan pulled her into his arms, giving her the comfort she needed as she tried to cope with the flood of emotions. As she sobbed into his shoulder, he pushed back the hair from her ear and whispered, "I am here. I will always be here."

And of course, I am melting now. :D

7. Sabe126

Sabe126 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Her vision clouded with the thought of facing a room full of Obi-Wan look-alikes. - Sigh!!!! :) Two are bad enough but a room full?!!!!

This is a brilliant idea. It did strike me as strange that Obi-Wan's views on cloaning had changed but I didn't guess that he was the clone.

Can't wait to find out more about the mystery!

8. Jedikma

Jedikma Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    Of course, you know I love your first post and the surprise of finding an Obi-Wan clone. I wouldn't mind having one of those for myself. ;)

Loved the conversation between Obi-Wan and Siri in the second post. Very sweet how she's never really far from his mind. [face_love]

9. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    "You mean there could be a whole fleet of them?" Her vision clouded with the thought of facing a room full of Obi-Wan look-alikes.

A low chuckle escaped from Obi-Wan's lips and he said, "No. We're pretty sure that isn't the case.

Damn! You're no fun. [face_laugh] But then, I don't think the galaxy can handle all that Obi-Wan! =P~

They're so sweet together. [face_love] Love how they can still be there for each other, and not technically be going against the Code. [face_mischief]

10. JediGaeliaWindstar

JediGaeliaWindstar Jedi Youngling star 1

May 9, 2005
    Wow this is such a wonderful story so far! I quite enjoyed it very much! Keep up the good work!

11. Jennifer_Lyn

Jennifer_Lyn Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 8, 2005
    Oh lovely! Clone Obi? Poor Siri. The poor girl's got no chance now!
    Very perceptive of her though, she knows her man!
    I'm intrigued by what the clone's true purpose is. Somethings fishy around here.
    PM me when you post more! I'm looking forward to it.

12. whie_dreams

whie_dreams Jedi Youngling

Jul 30, 2005
    Clone Obi! [face_batting] Very lovely beginning.

13. Ani-maniac

Ani-maniac Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    Absolutely wonderful! I loved the picture of an entire fleet of Obi-Wan's. Wow. :D Anakin's worst nightmare. ;)

And I am so glad that Siri and Obi-Wan have kept their Jedi vows, as hard as it is for them. :) Though I could understand them deciding to get married. :)

Wonderful job!

Could you please PM me when you update? [face_praying]

Thank you! [:D]

Ani-maniac

14. JOINME

JOINME Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 25, 2005
    Siri felt her mouth go dry. By the Force, how was she supposed to be a good Jedi when there was two of them to draw this reaction from her.

Siri gasped. "You mean there could be a whole fleet of them?" Her vision clouded with the thought of facing a room full of Obi-Wan look-alikes.

He shook his head. "My, that would be quite the sight, wouldn't it? It would give Anakin nightmares for years to come. Picture them all saying 'Your lightsaber is your life, Anakin,' all at once. It might actually drive the message into his skull."

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Ha ha! This is a wonderful fic, I love the humour and the bittersweet moments, as well as Siri and Obi-Wan struggling to stick to the Code... damn that old fashioned Code. :mad:
    lol.

Loved the conversation between them... love you're writing!

I won't be leaving you alone after this.. :D

Please add me to the PM list!! [:D]

15. CrystalKenobi

CrystalKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    I read this last night and I loved it. Two obi-wans. Oh and I love how Siri was fooled for a little while there. I like how obi-wan said too well a sense of jealousy there. Look forward to the next update. please add me to pm list.

16. bek

bek Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    Very interesting! :) Can't wait to see more of this. ;)

I liked how Siri was able to catch on to the differences between the real Obi-Wan and the clone. Although, the kick probably was a bit harder than he would have liked. [face_laugh]

17. DarthMousche

Jun 16, 2005
    VadersMistress- You snuck one in between posts! :D Glad you liked it. Thanks. :)

Hananiah - Who couldn't use a little extra Obi-Wan? This one's going to be a little different, though... [face_devil]

Star_Drifter - I like to think Obi-Wan has a sense of humor, even in this odd situation. And who knows what he and Siri will be driven to. [face_whistling]

Noi - Thanks for reading! Siri's feeling rather rebellious these days, so there may be more melting to come. [face_batting]

Sabe126 - I'm happy you liked it. More mystery to come! :)

Jedikma - I like to think Obi-Wan and Siri are always together on some level, even if they've learned to lived without each other. @};-

Jade - Yeah, the room full of clones would have been fun; at least there would have been enough Obi goodness to go around. =P~ And working aroud the Code is what it's all about!

JediGaeliaWindstar - Thank you! :)

Jennifer_Lyn - Something is definitely fishy. Hopefully our friends will find out what it is soon. [face_mischief]

whie_dreams - Thanks for reading! :)

Ani-maniac - Yes, I'm a hardcore Siriwan, but a big part of what appeals to me about them is that they are dedicated to the Order. Then again, this is AU ... [face_devil]

JOINME - Thank you. [face_blush] I haven't been writing fanfics for long, and I'm flattered you're enjoying them. And you're always welcome.

CrystalKenobi - Even Jedi aren't perfect, right? Siri was too overwhelmed to get a handle on who was whom at first. And, yes, despite his usual emotional control, Obi-Wan can get a little jealous - in my little world, at least. :)

bek - I was originally going to have her dump water on his face or something, but a kick seemed more appropriate (that, and why would she be carrying water with her in the garden?). And, yes, Siri just had to catch on. She knows him too well. [face_batting]

Thanks for taking the time to read this, those of you who responded and lurkers alike! I'm having a good time writing it, and I hope to have the next chapter posted before next Monday. I will PM those who requested it. :)

18. Shadowolf

Shadowolf Jedi Master star 2

May 4, 2005
    Oh man, I thought I responded to this fic but I see now I didn't, my bad.

Clone Obi! Oh man, how I love it, and his relationship/friendship with Siri is wonderful. I really like how she was able to tell the difference between the two of them.

If you're keeping an update pm list please add me to it. :)

19. Siri-Wan-Kenobi

Siri-Wan-Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 14, 2005
    Really love where you are going with this story !!!! [face_love]

Can't wait for more!

20. LumiKuningatar

LumiKuningatar Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 10, 2003
    I'm really loving this story. The image of a fleet of Obi-Wans would seem a bit horrifying to young Anakin, but I myself would gladly grab me a couple of Kenobis.. do you think five would be enough? o_O ;)

Siri and Obi together are beautiful. Sniff.. they really are perfect for each other. [face_love] :*

I didn't get the clone thing. what was it that Obi didn't tell Siri. He said he might not be a protorype-thingy.. then what is he? And why exactly was he made? Did you leave it out or am I that dense that I couldn't figure it out.. ? :p

21. DarthMousche

Jun 16, 2005
    Shadowolf - More of the Obi clone to come! Thanks for reading. :)

Siri-Wan-Kenobi - Thanks, Sis! You don't have long to wait.

LumiKuningatar - I didn't get the clone thing. what was it that Obi didn't tell Siri. He said he might not be a protorype-thingy.. then what is he? And why exactly was he made? Did you leave it out or am I that dense that I couldn't figure it out..

Basically, the clone has been sent to the Council on the pretext that he's a prototype for a bunch of clones that would be created to be diplomats (soldiers of peace, so to speak). Basically a sales pitch. What Obi-Wan reveal to Siri in Ch. 2 was that the Council suspects that a Sith or some other dark force is behind the creation of the clone and he was sent for some nefarious purpose, which Obi-Wan now has to ferret out while teaching him how to use the Force. I think that's what I wrote, anyway...o_O Anyway, thanks for reading. I do enjoy the Siri/Obi thing. :)

Chapter 3

After months of training herself to wake up with full awareness, Siri found the habit was hard to break. The moment her sleep ended, she felt the rush of chilled air fill her nose, its elements feeding every cell in her body. Before opening her eyes, she knew the grass was covered with a blanket of dew. She knew the creatures in the garden were going about their morning routines, some seeking out breakfast for their families and the nocturnal ones settling in for a day of rest. She knew it was just over an hour after dawn and that the soft morning lighting in the garden would give it a misty, magical appearance.

Above all, she knew she wasn't alone, though the open space next to her belied that fact, physically at least. Obi-Wan had risen earlier, probably off to a Council session, but she felt his presence, a companion to her own in the Force. She brushed his mind and felt a warm return pulse. At least he hadn't left her cold, she thought as she pulled his cloak tighter around her body.

After taking a few minutes to enjoy being amid the lush greenery and the fresh air, Siri stood up. As she stretched her arms above her head to get the circulation going, she let the cloak slip to the ground. She twisted her neck this way and that to get the kinks out, then bent down to pick up the cloak. As she was about to stand up again, she spotted a flash of white on the ground. She picked up the hand-sized blossom, which she recognized as a Flandorian flower, and lifted it to her nose, inhaling its sweet scent. Scanning the area, she didn't see any of the plants nearby; the flower must have been left there deliberately.

Her lips curled up into a smile at the thought of Obi-Wan walking the gardens to find just the right flower. It was a sweet gesture, though a little strange. ?He must have a fever or something,? Siri mused. She had never been into flowers and mushy things like that, but she was feeling a little playful, so she tucked it behind her ear.

There was still a chill in the air, so she donned Obi-Wan's cloak and found her way back to the main path. A gentle breeze blew against her face, reminding her of how raw it was from the sobbing she did the night before. She couldn't think of a single time in her life when she had allowed herself the luxury of a good cry. It wasn't the Jedi way. "Bury your feelings. They will only cloud your connection to the Force," was a mantra of training for younglings all the way to newly minted Knights. But Siri didn't feel clouded. Releasing all that emotion, sharing it with someone else, lifted a weight that had long burdened her. She hadn't been able to get out any words after her initial breakdown, but none had been necessary. Obi-Wan had been just what she needed. Her friend. Her protector. Her comfort. Siri wasn't quite sure whom he would be next time their paths crossed, but she was grateful for what he had given her.

And now, she wanted to be what he needed. She didn't need the Force to figure out that his mind was occupied with the clone quandary, so sh

22. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 9, 2005
    wow. this fic is so great! i've been following your stories and i love the way you write obi-wan and siri. i'm looking forward to the next update! please pm me!

23. Hananiah

Hananiah Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2003
    Oh I really don't like Jak, he's far too smooth. I loved the distinctions you described how Jak and Obi Wan were different. JAk reminds me too much of the 'real' ewan in the island though. Great work

24. Sabe126

Sabe126 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    LOL at Yoda's cloak comment :) I'm not sure what this Obi clone is up to. I hope that Siri can keep her wits about her and not forget who he really is. Wonderfully written.

25. Siri-Wan-Kenobi

Siri-Wan-Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 14, 2005
    "Hmm?a little distracted you were, Master Tachi? Not often it is that others are looking up at me."

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] That would be a interesting experience, looking up at Yoda!

I wish Jak would leave Siri alone!! Siri is Obi-wan's not Jak's! :p I would be happy to take Jak off her hands though... [face_mischief]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.