main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Double Vision (Obi-Wan clone fic) - Siri, Obi-Wan - update 8/17

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by DarthMousche, Aug 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthMousche

DarthMousche Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 16, 2005
    As always, thanks for the look-see, Jedikma. @};-

Chapter 15

"I?m so happy that you?ve joined me here.?

As the last of the words passed Jak's lips, Siri pressed her palm out in front of her, flinging a burst of Force energy in the clone's direction. She'd been thrown off by his appearance - why hadn't she sensed him coming, she wondered - but thought she might be able to buy a few seconds, enough at least to get her saber back.

Instead of being thrown back, however, Jak raised his own hand and countered with another blast. The air between them crackled as the two bursts collided. Siri?s eyes widened and she felt her mouth fall slightly open. In her shock, she hesitated and found herself pressed up against the wall, her own glowing purple blade at her throat.

?Did you think I wouldn?t be ready for that, this time?? Jak growled. ?I may not be your perfect Obi-Wan, but I am a quick study.?

Siri swallowed and tried to collect her thoughts into a single idea, a thought, a whim ? anything that could help her here. Without the influence of Obi-Wan?s presence, his reserve and discipline, she really didn?t know what Jak was capable of. And apparently, his skills had improved since she last saw him. Either that or, she thought with a shiver, he?d concealed his knowledge well.

The question was, who was teaching him? Under whose influence did he fall? She cast out a tendril from her mind, hoping to glean something she could use, but the shadows that shrouded his Force signature were impenetrable.

But these weren?t really the most ideal conditions for thinking. She felt a bead of moisture trickle down the side of her neck as the heat from the blade caused her to sweat. ?What do you want?? she whispered, looking into his eyes trying to search for any trace of the congenial man he?d been almost every other time they?d met. ?Why are you doing this??

He said nothing, only stared at her face as the seconds dragged by, one by one. The hum of the saber was the only sound, and its drone filled Siri?s ears, threatening to drive her insane. Then just as she thought she was at her breaking point, Jak switched off the blade, leaving only darkness and silence to fill the inches between their faces. With his body still pinning her to the wall, he lifted a hand to her temple and brushed back a fallen lock of blonde hair.

?I could love you, you know. He spoke barely above a whisper, running the back of his hand along the line of her jaw. ?Maybe I already do. It?s just so confoundedly difficult to figure out which feelings are mine alone and which are just echoes of his. Do you understand how frustrating it is to not know who you are? I just wanted to be treated as a man. Not a cheap copy of one.?

Despite her precarious position, Siri felt a sympathetic tug in her heart. But then she saw a young girl?s face and felt a hint of the grief and guilt that had knocked her to her knees only a few hours ago. The pity she was starting to feel for him dissolved into indignation.

?How dare you stand there and try to make me feel sorry for you! I did at one time, and maybe I would have tried to help you. It can?t be easy knowing that you?ve been created exactly in someone else?s image, but you?ve done more than enough to distinguish yourself from Obi-Wan.? She couldn?t move, so she did her best to lash out with words. ?If you were in any way truly connected to Obi-Wan Kenobi, had one lick of the compassion and inner strength he does, you would never have callously sacrificed so many innocent lives.?

The body leaning up against hers stiffened slightly, and Jak spoke through clenched teeth. ?That wasn?t my decision. I have to follow my master?s orders. You were conceived and came into this galaxy the normal way. I was created for a purpose and programmed for quick training and obedience without question. How am I supposed to overcome that??

Siri felt a surge of anger rise up in her gut. Instead of trying to bank her rage the way she normally would, she decided to channel the energy into an ef

2. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    :eek:....But....:eek:

3. obsessedwithSW

obsessedwithSW Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005
    Is she dead?? he whispered to the hooded figured that had emerged from the shadows that had concealed him.

?Unfortunately no,? the deep baritone voice intoned. ?We need her alive ? for now. I think her death will have to be witnessed in person to have its full effect.?

IS this Sidieous? I didnt think he had a baritone voice.
    Watch out OBi-Wan! Although people often underestimate him. HE sometimes can be quite impressively suave.[face_love]

4. SiriKenobi12

SiriKenobi12 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 6, 2004
    :eek: That's all I can post right now...I'll try to post a real review after I'm over this shock.

Thanx for the PM!

5. Master_Noi

Master_Noi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    ?Can you honestly pull that trigger? Can you kill me? Can you kill him??

Wow, that was really hard for Siri. I am hoping Jak will think about what she said, and maybe find he can break through his programming. He seems torn with this plan to kill her. Ugh, and now they are off to collect Obi-Wan.

6. Peagis

Peagis Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 14, 2005
    Wow i wonder who this mystery person is??

7. Jennifer_Lyn

Jennifer_Lyn Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 8, 2005
    you've got me haning on every word here. i've no idea who this mystery guy is, but can't wait to find out!

great chapter and well worth the wait! :D

8. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 9, 2005
    wooohooo! another update. and another cliffhanger!!! this is great, thanks!

9. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Jak certainly can't decide whether to love Siri or kill her, it would seem. I loved that the dark one is watching when Jak is trying to push her into thinking about how much he is like Obi-Wan.

See, I knew it was not a good idea to lock Obi-Wan up. Plus he's Force suppressed. Not good!!! He'll be easy to capture and kill.

Great job. Looking forward to more.

10. JagF

JagF Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 27, 2006
    Grr, it makes me mad that Jak is trying to make Siri believe he's Obi-Wan. Maybe his humanity will make him realize that what he's doing is wrong.

Fantastic update, can't wait to see who the mystery man is and thx for the pm.

11. Veloz

Veloz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2004
    GRRR @ Jak!.. he cna never be Obi Wan, he aint noble enough [face_not_talking]

This was a great update!... tnx a lot for the pm

I cant wait for the next chapter! :D

12. Jedikma

Jedikma Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    You know I love this chapter. [face_love]

I actually found myself feeling a bit sorry for Jak. For the first time he seems trapped by the person controlling him and maybe he doesn't like that. I'm hoping anyway. :p

But once again you've left us with an evil cliffie! [face_devil]

13. DarthJediMaster

DarthJediMaster Jedi Youngling

May 27, 2006
  14. Princess Cambria

Princess Cambria Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2006
    Wow...this is such a great Siriwan[face_love] =D=

Must have more soon[face_batting]

15. Yodan

Yodan Jedi Master star 3

Feb 21, 2005
    Having trouble sleeping so I thought I?d do a marathon read of this here story.

I just have to say that I love your Siri so much!

[face_laugh] So true! So Siri!

So Obi. The whole Qui/Siri discussion was well done. I still say your Siri is really good.

As much as I thought I?d like a clone of Obi-Wan, I don?t like Jak. Boo on him!

I?m glad I didn?t read it one post sooner, that was an evil cliffie on May 20! Bad! But so good too!

OK reading the last chapter, I might have been wrong, maybe I should have waited longer! :eek:[face_skull]

You?ve got to update soon! And please PM me for the duration of the summer. When I get back from my trip, I should hear enough about the coming chapter to know when its posted... :p

All in all a wonderful story, I knew it would be, I just needed the time (in this case a sleepless night) to sit down and read it through. Bravo! =D=

16. usher-lover

usher-lover Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 20, 2005
    an update...with a cliffhanger! This is such a great story! but I wanna see what happens next (said with a whine)[face_praying]

17. Sabe126

Sabe126 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Oh no! So they think (whoever Jak's Master is) that killing Siri in front of Obi-Wan will turn him to the dark side? Will he end up fighting Jak? How can he defeat himself?

Looking forward to more :)

18. obsessedwithSW

May 24, 2005
    Just wanting to let you know I ve been anticipating the next post!

19. ManofConstantSorrow

ManofConstantSorrow Jedi Youngling

Jun 25, 2004
    This is getting intense! I hope youn can get to the next post soon.

[face_mischief]

20. DarthMousche

Jun 16, 2005
    Jaira: What? [face_whistling]

obsessedwithSW: I don't think Sidious has a baritone voice, either. :p And thanks for all your encouragement. [face_hug]

SK12: Shocked? :eek: Not as shocked as I am that I finally got this chapter out.

Noi: Jak has many issues and Siri is only one of them. I'm just not sure if he's going to be able to work things out, though. [face_worried]

Peagis: You'll find out ... but not probably not today. Thanks for reading. :)

Jennifer_Lyn: Thanks. :) I hope this one is worth the wait, too, even if it's not as exciting.

aabbccdd: Glad you're enjoying it. :) Sorry to keep you hanging for so long.

diane: You're on the mark about Obi-Wan being easy to capture and kill right now; fortunately, the master wants him alive for now. And Jak is facing some internal conflicts; his connection to Obi-Wan has given him more than he bargained for.[face_mischief]

JagF: It is rather mean of Jak to try to get to Siri that way. [face_shame_on_you] His intentions might not be all bad, though. We'll have to see who has the most influence over him.

Veloz: Sorry you had to wait so long for this chapter. :( But thanks for your comments. You're right about Jak, and that might be one of the reasons he's so bitter.

kma: I feel sorry for Jak, too. Who knows? Maybe he'll be pushed to the breaking point ... but which way? [face_whistling]

DarthJediMaster: :D

PRINCESSCAMBRIA: Thanks! Sorry I didn't oblige on the "soon" part, but I hope to get better. :D

Yodan: *sigh* It's very sad that I didn't write anything the entire time you were away. You must have taken my muse with you. :p But thanks for all your comments. I'm glad my story kept your attention for a late-night sitting. [:D] Thanks for your help in getting the wheels turning again. :)

usher-lover: You know, the funny thing is that I didn't mean to end it there; it's just happened. Hope you enjoy what's to come. :)

Sabe126: Those are some interesting theories. [face_thinking] We'll have to see what happens.

ManofConstantSorrow: I'd hoped so, too. But better late than never right? :D

I've been such a bad author. My summer turned out to be a lot busier than I'd anticipated, and it's been hard to focus on writing. Plans are rolling along, though, and I hope to have another post out before too long. I'm so grateful for your endless patience ... and for the nominations. I'm really over the moon about it. :)

In the meanwhile, if anyone has any advice on how to write while taking care of a bouncy 2-year-old, I'd love to hear it. :p

Thanks, Jedikma, for the feedback and help. @};-

21. DarthMousche

Jun 16, 2005
    Chapter 16

When Siri opened her eyes, her head felt like it was encased in a block of duracrete and the rest of her body felt like she been buried in the sandy desert habitat of the bocats she?d visited just a day ago. Even her tongue felt coarse as she ran it long the inside of her cheeks, hoping to stimulate some moisture to wet her cracked lips.

Oh, dear Force! She was here again. And through the drug-induced fog clouding her mind, she somehow knew it wasn?t a dream.

?Shhh. There?s no need to panic. I?m sorry I had to restrain you ??

As the too-familiar words filled her ears, her mind spun, trying to replay the rest of the dream she?d had, desperately reaching for a clue about how she?d gotten here, what she could do to get out of this situation.

She couldn?t muster up the strength to lift her head, but her eyes darted all about trying to figure out which direction to move in. As her orientation gradually returned, she noted gratefully that she was still dressed. The slight relief from that faded as she instinctively tried to stretch her mind out, only to find herself foundering in a void. The thread of light she normally used as an anchor was completely missing. Suppressing the bile of alarm that burned in her throat, she tried to sit up. When she went to move her arms, she found them bound, attached at the wrist by thick circles of metal that were stuck together. In vain she tried to pull them apart, but even that small effort made her short of breath. With a frustrated sigh, she let her head drop back down to the pillow.

She rolled her head around looking for her captor. She saw the familiar tea set still out on the table and knew she was back in Obi-Wan?s quarters. Maybe he was here still?

?Obi-Wan,? she rasped, then swallowed hoping to moisten her vocal cords to make them work. ?Obi-Wan??

?He?s not here.? A smooth voice sounded from somewhere behind her. ?But there?s no need to worry; he?s in very good hands.?

Siri felt cold fingers of fear squeeze her heart but managed to convince herself that if Obi-Wan had been killed, Jak would have had little reason to keep that fact from her. Or she would have felt something; surely there were some things that transcended the Force. Squeezing her eyes shut until she saw white spots appear, she blocked out everything about her surroundings, the neutral walls, the firm pillow beneath her head, the musty scent of old tea ? it all faded away until it was replaced by whiteness. While her connection to the Force was severed, her body was still accustomed to years of ritual meditation ? much of it against her will ? and she found it easy enough to clear her head.

But instead of the warm glow she normally felt in this state, all she saw was nothing. She was alone.

?Don?t waste your energy. You won?t find him.? Jak?s voice pulled her out of her mind. He stepped into her field of vision, then knelt beside the sleepcouch. He brushed back a stray lock of her hair and said, ?Why can?t you just focus on the present??

Siri glowered, lifting her bound wrists. ?I can?t focus on much of anything right now.?

Something that looked almost like regret came into the azure eyes. ?I know, but when you have your abilities, there are just too many tricks up your sleeve. And I can?t trust you not to throw me against the wall again. I don?t want you to be too uncomfortable, though. Let me help you sit up.?

For a second, Siri considered resisting him, but sense told her that the short moment of triumph she felt would dissipate quickly if she got a kink in her back, so she gave a curt nod. Jak put his hands on the outsides of her arms and held her steady as she swung her feet to the floor.

After confirming that she was comfortable enough, Jak strode to the mat on the other side of the room that Obi-Wan used for meditation. He kneeled there, placing his hands on his thighs, then closed his eyes.

Siri took advantage of the silence. Much of the fog wrapped around her earlier had dissipated, and her mind started calculating possible escapes. If

22. Master_Noi

Master_Noi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    I don't think going away from the Temple and into the dark bowels of Coruscant is a good sign, but at least she is alert and trying to learn as much as she can. Hmmm, there seems to be a little jealousy on Jak's part toward Obi-Wan. I wonder if Siri can use that to her advantage.

23. obsessedwithSW

May 24, 2005
    Yea! A post!
    *does a happy dance*
    She wondered if Obi-Wan knew about this exit. She could imagine him and Garen creeping through the corridors after curfew as kids. And that would explain how Jak had learned about it?only someone with an intimate familiarity with the Temple would be able to find a passage that ran this deep.

Or maybe Obi-wan discovered some of these pathways tracking Anakin. Although, I think Ob-Wan had his own brand of mischief as a boy.
    I have no idea where we are going with this but I cant wait to find out.

As to the 2 year old bouncy thing- my oldest son use to tie his brother to a post or door knob. He could move around. He only had a limited radius though. I dont know how social services would feel about that! LoL just kidding If you are reading this do not try this at home It is for trained professionals only! Although I actually liked it when my son got sick it was the only time he held still. Now he is 17 and you cant get him to move for anything.

24. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Oh, this is not good. Siri is alone with Jak, she doesn't have the Force and no one is looking for her. This doesn't sound like a good situation at all. Plus he's half pyschopath. I don't see how you are going to get them out of this one.

Great job on the descriptions. I could just feel the weight of the Temple above them and the silence.

As for a 2 year old, sorry. It's been so long that I don't remember. Blocks,maybe, crayons and paper? A nanny? :p

25. Jennifer_Lyn

Jennifer_Lyn Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 8, 2005
    ooooh, things are moving. *bites nails*

good for Siri, keeping her cool when we all know she'd rather be knocking this guy senseless.

she's got a way to get through to Jak, and i'm sure she'll be exploiting that little bit of info soon enough.

anxiously, but patiently awaiting the next chapter! a 2-year-old? i've no idea.. maybe get the kid to act out the next duel. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.