main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Double Vision (Obi-Wan clone fic) - Siri, Obi-Wan - update 8/17

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by DarthMousche, Aug 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peagis

Peagis Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 14, 2005
    Glad to see this going again!

2. Sabe126

Sabe126 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Your descriptions of their walk through the Temple were excellent. I too hope that she can use Jak's emotional state to her advantage. Looking forward to what happens next :)

3. Jedikma

Jedikma Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    I hope Siri isn't being overly optimistic about being able to get out of the situation. Now both she and Obi-Wan are Force suppressed. [face_worried]

Your descriptions were great here, I could feel Siri's apprehension. [face_worried]

More soon? [face_mischief]

4. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    I'm very worried about our heroes....[face_worried]

5. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I missed updates! :eek: If you have a PM list, could you please add me to it? [face_praying] I love this story and don't want to miss another post. =D=

6. Yodan

Yodan Jedi Master star 3

Feb 21, 2005
    Nice update, but you've gotten to be pretty evil, what is this, the 6th update in a row where you left us hanging? o_O

:p Well in any case I'm glad you updated and I am still enjoying this story. More soon?

7. SiriKenobi12

SiriKenobi12 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 6, 2004
    Thank you so much for the update! It was fantastic...I am a bit worried about Obi-Wan, yes he's alive but that maybe not as good a thing as we are all hoping. Please update again soon!

8. JagF

JagF Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 27, 2006
    Hooray for the post! Hmmm, where could Obi-Wan be? Let's just hope that Siri and him will be able to get themselves out of this situation in one piece.

Great update and looking forward to the next one!

Thx for the pm.

9. Veloz

Veloz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2004
    Yay! i love the update! [face_dancing]

These cliffies are just mean [face_frustrated] [face_laugh]

Im a bit worried ... i have a bad feelign about this :oops:

Tnx a lot for the pm! :D

[face_peace]

10. THE_PIED_PIPER

THE_PIED_PIPER Chapter Rep Knoxville, TN star 4

Jun 8, 2006
    I just found this story..:)

Obi-Wan is my favorite Star Wars character and I'm a rapid Obi/Siri fan. I will spend the next few days catching up and comment. I've read the first 2 post and it looks great Darth Mousche.

THE PIED PIPER

11. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    [face_hypnotized] Marathon read but I finally caught up! So many things I love about this story but I'll just name a few. Love the easy flow of the relationship between Obi and Siri. The scene with Qui-Gon brought a lump to my throat. It was heartbreaking when Obi-Wan got upset that he can't reach his late mentor. :_| And Qui's thoughts on his former apprentice was very touching. I'm very worried about Obi and what this nasty Sith wants with him. :mad: And finally, Jak. I can't help but feel sympathy for the poor clone. It isn't his fault he was created and raised to be evil. Perhaps his affection for Siri can save him in the end? [face_praying] Lovely story and spot on characterization of Obi-Wan. Please add me to the PM list. :)

12. DarthMousche

DarthMousche Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 16, 2005
    Noi: Siri's pretty resourceful. I'm sure she'll use whatever she can to get out of this. [face_mischief]

obsessedwithSW: [face_laugh] You're probably right about Anakin. And I'm kind of liking the doorknob idea for the little girl. :p

dianethx: Oooh, a nanny! [face_thinking] Thanks for the comments on the descriptions. I do struggle with them, and I consider you one of the masters.

Jennifer_Lyn: Some people think Siri is a hothead, but that Jedi upbringing wasn't for nothing. :p

Peagis: Thanks. :) And I hope the muse stays active until the end.

Sabe126: Thank you. Siri's going to be looking for any possible cracks she can take advantage of, I'm sure. :)

Jedikma: Too optimstic? Nah. Just confident. :p

Jaira: Hope you like this post. :) And I hope your finals went well. ;)

VL: Thanks! I'll put you on the list. :)

Yodan: I didn't mean it! I really didn't. It just happened that way. [face_whistling]

SiriKenobi12: Glad you enjoyed it. [face_mischief]

JagF: We'll find Obi-Wan soon enough. Whether or not he's in one piece remains to be seen. [face_batting]

Veloz: You think cliffies are mean? Uh oh... :eek:

THE_PIED_PIPER: Thanks for stopping in. Hope you enjoy the rest of it. :)

OE: So THAT was the marathon you were talking about. And just in time for a new post! o_O Thanks for taking the time to read it and say all those lovely things. I kind of feel bad for Jak, too. As for whether or not he'll be redeemed...we'll just have to see. [face_devil]

New post coming right up!

13. DarthMousche

DarthMousche Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 16, 2005
    @};- Many thanks to Jedikma and Master_Noi for catching all my flubs. And extra hugs to Noi for getting me through the Sithly writer?s block. [:D]

Chapter 17

Jak led Siri through a tangle of turns and alleys she did not recognize. What little light the glowsticks gave off revealed only smooth duracrete walls, occasionally interrupted by doorways. Even if she could tell any of the passages apart, she would not have recognized them.

But Jak was very familiar with the corridors, and she had a hard time keeping up with him, finding it difficult to follow his form. She eventually got the feel for his pace and was able to keep his back in within the light.

But she wasn?t ready when he suddenly stopped and she ended up colliding with him.

He handed his glowstick to her and reached up for something she couldn?t see. She heard squeaks and groans, then saw that Jak was pulling a ladder down from somewhere above. Tilting her head up, Siri could see a faint glow. At least this climb wouldn?t be as long as the last time, she thought, wincing at the soreness in her thighs.

?We no longer need those,? Jak said, taking the glowsticks from her and setting them on the floor. He then gestured to the ladder. ?After you.?

Siri stepped up the several rungs to find herself in a room that, though no more than several paces wide either way, seemed vastly more open than the dark corridors they had been traveling for Force knew how long. Siri took a deep breath, filling her lungs with air that seemed somewhat less dank than the atmosphere in the passages. She wasn?t sure if it was in her head, but at that point, it didn?t matter. Space and light.

She turned her head to the source of that illumination, which turned out was not in that room at all. A pane of glass taking up almost one entire wall looked out over what appeared to be an enormous warehouse, an abandoned one, Siri mused, taking note of the empty steel-frame shelves lining the walls. The room was awash in artificial lighting that, while bright, cast a greenish pall over everything in sight, including the two figures in the center of the floor, one kneeling and the other pacing a wide circle around him.

The relief Siri felt at seeing Obi-Wan alive ? and apparently alert ? sank as she saw his hands were bound behind his back. It was a good thing he?d had his clothes with him in the ?fresher, she thought with a small measure of mirth.

She shifted her focus to the other person - a tall, broad-shouldered man with pale silver hair ? who had a long, quick stride. His constant movement made it difficult for Siri to see his face; he was speaking and making grand gestures with his arms, and with every step his heavy black cape swished behind him. She leaned forward until her nose touched the glass, squinting to see if she could catch any features that might help her recognize him.

When he finally turned and stilled for a moment, Siri?s eyes widened. She turned to Jak, sending an accusing glare his way.

?Count Dooku. That?s your master??

Jak met her gaze and his eyes glittered with challenge. ?He ordered my creation. He oversaw my brief upbringing. He trained me in the ways of the Force ? You could say he is like my father. ?

Siri said nothing. She broke eye contact and focused on the floor below. The truth was she was only half-listening to Jak. The whole picture now took on a much broader scope. Dooku was the leader of the Separatists; taking him out of the equation could turn the tide of the war, possibly even bring a swift ending to all the violence. And here he was, a stone?s throw away from two of the Republic?s generals.

And both of them were nearly helpless. She barely managed to hold in a growl as she gave a quick shake of her wrists. She felt irritation bubble up inside her as she watched Obi-Wan as serene as ever. Why didn?t he do something? All right, so he was as restrained as she was. But a Sith was within arm?s reach and he didn?t even look the least bit perturbed. He looke

14. obsessedwithSW

obsessedwithSW Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005
    Wonderful post!

Siri did a quick visual scan of the room but could see no obvious entrance. Anyway, there was no time to be conventional. Obi-Wan was engaged in a duel without a weapon; even with the Force on his side, that was not a good situation.

From what she could see, there was only one way in. She walked as far away from the window as she could, gathering the Force around her, and tucked her saber into her belt. Then she squeezed her eyes shut and ran as fast as she could, swiveling at the last second to let her shoulder and hips lead as she broke through the glass.

I loved this! The bad guy is Dooku.
    That seals it I want to be Siri at C4 in May. She is a spitfire! I can see why Obi-Wan would be crazy about her. I am going to enjoy reading them fight side by side!

15. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    She should have killed Jax while she had the chance but that's not the Jedi way. I wonder how she got out of the cuffs. Was Jax being nice to her or was there something else going on? And now Dooku has entered the picture. This is not good.

Great job. Keep going.

16. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    What's next, what's next?!?!?!:D

Come on, I'm in suspense here!!!

17. Peagis

Peagis Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 14, 2005
    Yay! More please!

18. Hananiah

Hananiah Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2003
    Jak is very stupid if he thinks he can keep Siri anywhere she doesn't want to be for long. Love the story and can't wait for more.

19. JagF

JagF Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 27, 2006
    Fantastic update! Hmm, I wonder how Siri was able to get herself out of the force cuffs. Well at least she has the force to help her and Obi.

Can't wait to read what happens next!

Thx for the pm.

20. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I wouldn't mess with Siri! [face_shame_on_you] Oddly, Mara was brought to mind here, not because Siri is anything other than herself, but just that these two women would have probably understood each other QUITE well! [face_laugh]

And both of them were nearly helpless. She barely managed to hold in a growl as she gave a quick shake of her wrists. She felt irritation bubble up inside her as she watched Obi-Wan as serene as ever. Why didn?t he do something? All right, so he was as restrained as she was. But a Sith was within arm?s reach and he didn?t even look the least bit perturbed. He looked completely unfazed.

Her eyes narrowed as she looked even closer at Obi-Wan?s expression. The man was positively Yoda-like in his composure. He must have something planned.

Had to laugh here! That sly Obi-Wan! ;)

Thanks for the PM!

=D=

21. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    Then she squeezed her eyes shut and ran as fast as she could, swiveling at the last second to let her shoulder and hips lead as she broke through the glass.

Siri taking a page from AOTC Obi's bag of tricks. :D I forgot to tell you in my previous review that I found Siri's thoughts on Anakin very interesting. Looking forward to see what happens next. =D=

22. Jedikma

Jedikma Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    Woo hoo!!! Go Siri! :cool:

I have to admit, knowing now that Dooku is behind the creation of Jak, just to try to recruit and use Obi-Wan, I'm beginning to feel sorry for Jak. :( He's become a rather tragic figure.

23. Jennifer_Lyn

Jennifer_Lyn Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 8, 2005
    And with that, she pulled up her knee as hard as she could and was rewarded with a low groan as Jak sank to his knees. She plowed forward, shoving past him to the hole that had brought them into the room, and jumped.

DOH! go Siri! get him!

great chapter! OMG, keep writing! can't wait to see what happens next!

Dooku? eek! and how did Obi and Siri get out of those cuffs? :confused:

24. Master_Noi

Master_Noi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    ?I know him as more than just the model Jedi Master. He?s a human, a man with all of man?s weaknesses. And so are you.?
    And with that, she pulled up her knee as hard as she could and was rewarded with a low groan as Jak sank to his knees.

Somehow I just can't picture Dooku preparing Jak for that move. Jak just has no idea who he is dealing with.

Yay! Siri is to Obi-Wan's rescue now (he'll hear about that later), but I'm still worried. Unless Dooku happened to bring Obi-Wan's weapon, they only have one saber between the two of them against Dooku.

25. Veloz

Veloz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2004
    Ugh Dooku! :oops:

It's not gonna be easy for Siri and Obi, but if any can find a way thru this its them!

And yes, ur cliffies are mean o_O :p [face_laugh]

Loved this update! but of course the suspense is killing me :_|

Tnx a lot for the pm! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.