Down in Front: - This week, SCOTT PILGRIM VS. THE WORLD.

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Teague, Apr 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: AdamBertocci
  1. Spider-Fan Force Ghost

star 4
    My spidey senses tell me I should probably avoid this commentary altogether shouldn't I? :p
  2. VaporTrail Force Ghost

star 6
  3. PaplooTheory Force Ghost

star 5
    As of today I have finished listening to every single one of the podcasts.

Now what the hell am I supposed to do when I'm bored?
  4. VaporTrail Force Ghost

star 6
    I'd tell you, but this is a family establishment.
  5. Teague Jedi Master

star 4
  6. CountDoosheee Jedi Knight

star 3
    Legion started badly, and got worse towards the end.
  7. NateCaauwe Force Ghost

star 4
    I was ready to punch Legion in the face when I saw the trailer as well as their advertising campaign. As you guys pointed out, the friggin' premise flies in the face of Christianity. I only saw it in theaters because I had an employee pass and wanted to properly diss on it, and I've been glad to see that everyone else saw how stupid it was.
  8. BrandonFlyte Jedi Knight

star 3
    Down in Front request: Repomen, the Jude Law/Forest Whitaker one. As long as ya'll are watching some bad movies... No movie made me angrier that year.
  9. DorkmanScott Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Which, to my mind, is not so much the issue as the fact that it does so without bothering to present a coherent alternative mythology in itself. It doesn't make sense through the lens of Judaism or Christianity, nor any of their non-mainstream "heretical" interpretations. If it had picked any one of them and run with it, it could have improved the film tenfold.

I've been meaning to check this one out. Might be fun to do a double-feature with "REPO! The Genetic Opera," which I didn't care for at all.
  10. VaporTrail Force Ghost

star 6
    I've gotta see REPO! in full. The look of it was kinda nifty in a violent Burton-esque way, but I was fairly confused as to what was actually happening for the parts I saw.

And then Repo Men came out and I just couldn't understand why, though I do love me some Forest Whitaker.
  11. Teague Jedi Master

star 4
  12. JediCow Jedi Master

star 2
    I'm so glad you guys finally did Serenity! And it was one of your better commentaries, I felt. Probably in the top five, as far as I'm concerned.

As an aside, I upgraded to Blu-ray last summer, and I've been trying to focus on new titles rather than replacing my DVD's, but I bought Serenity on Blu-ray last week and its maiden voyage was with your commentary. Not really an important bit of information at all, I suppose, but... y'know...
  13. AndyJarosz Jedi Knight

star 2
    Agreed! I always loved Serenity but all my friends never did even though they loved Firefly. Glad to hear I'm not alone.
  14. TrowaGP02a Force Ghost

star 4
    Teague hates colors. That's what I learned.
  15. VaporTrail Force Ghost

star 6
    "My ship is dragging reavers!"

Love this movie. We could use some more good space romps like this, there aren't nearly enough.
  16. B238ben Jedi Padawan

Looking forward to finding the time to listen to this one.
  17. NateCaauwe Force Ghost

star 4
    I had to leave about 30 minutes into the live Serenity. I'm listening to it now and am thinking you should bust out some screenshots and point out what you don't dig about the colors, Teague :)
  18. frodo_1987 Jedi Padawan

I think he was getting at the fact that the color scheme of the movie is so radically different from the show. I just watched the movie a few weeks ago after marathoning the show, and I noticed the same thing.
  19. Teague Jedi Master

star 4
  20. Spider-Fan Force Ghost

star 4
    Hmm it seems my iTunes subscription isn't updating with Serenity, however, it has no issues with other podcasts. Am I the only one having this problem?
  21. Spider-Fan Force Ghost

star 4
  22. Teague Jedi Master

star 4
  23. beafet Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Honestly, I didn't care for this one as much as some of the others. It was mostly talking very broadly about the movie. It seemed just to be a different style than what I prefer from the DIF crew. To contrast, I greatly enjoyed listening to the Matrix commentary as well as The Phantom Menace one. I haven't listened to most of them, though.
  24. Teague Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, I'm just about to explode with psyched-ness. If you're in the LA area, guess what you're doing on March 4th?

If you could please spread the word to other interested filmy types on Facebook, I would be so obliged it would probably hurt both of us.
  25. NateCaauwe Force Ghost

star 4
    Do I have to pay for drinks?
Moderators: AdamBertocci
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.