main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Down in Front: - This week, SCOTT PILGRIM VS. THE WORLD.

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Teague, Apr 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    I'd love a DVD with all these fan commentaries on them :D

2. bobaandy123

bobaandy123 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 21, 2005
    If you want more publicity you could also upload them you youtube and just throw a logo in as the "video."

3. MasterZap

MasterZap Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 11, 2002
    Yes, for anyone who missed it, DO listen to The Abyss commentary. It's * a w e s o m e * !!

I've listened to it not once, not twice, but thrice!

/Z

4. FX_guy

FX_guy Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 7, 2002
    Well garsh, thanks. I thought me talking for three hours might have been a bit much. And it probably was for some folks, but apparently not those who like DIF with the Cool Ranch Insider flavor.

As it turns out, three hours wasn't enough time - I spent at least another half hour telling tales after we ended the commentary. And that was without telling the one where Cameron got mad at me because something looked too good. Classic.

There are a few other flicks where I could fill most of a recording with True Tales From The Set, Team America comes to mind. I expect we'll get to that one eventually.

5. Ryan_W

Ryan_W VIP star 4 VIP

Aug 15, 2001
    Alright, so, I spent a fair amount of my work day listening to DIFs. I am now in a fiercely critical and judgmental mood toward movies.

This does not bode well for the Transformers 2 premiere tonight.

6. FX_guy

FX_guy Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 7, 2002
    Then our work here is done.

Neither do any of the reviews I've seen so far. But then nobody should really be expecting a "good movie" out of Transformers, I think most will be expecting to see action figures punching each other. Which I'm sure the movie will deliver magnificently, and the target audience will go home satisfied. Which would make it a "good movie" by a certain definition, tho maybe not up to everyone's standards.

David Mamet wrote an interesting essay in which he said modern Hollywood moviemaking isn't about drama anymore, it's more like the circus. Look over here - a scary thing! And over there, a funny thing! Here comes another scary thing! And for our grand finale, the biggest thrilling-est thing of all! Ta-dahhh! The end!

So maybe you could try looking at Transformers II as a movie version of the circus, and just enjoy the mayhem for what it is.

7. Ryan_W

Ryan_W VIP star 4 VIP

Aug 15, 2001
    Oh believe me, that's where I'm coming from, and even though I actually enjoyed the first one (for those reasons, essentially... it was entertaining as hell) I'm going into this with no expectation at all. I'm actually expecting it to be a really bad movie... which is a first for a midnight premiere, for me.

Additionally/consequently, for anybody who'll happen to be around the ArcLight at Sherman Oaks tonight... I'll be at the bar at least 30 minutes before the midnight show.

8. VaporTrail

VaporTrail Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 19, 2002
    I'd imagine the setup isn't really mobile... but a "Down-in-Front at the midnight premiere" might be kind of cool.

Tho, you might piss off the fans if you talk during the movie. It'd be neat as a special of sorts, going up to the early-bird fans and asking about what their expectations are, then doing a follow-up after watching it. Could be fun.

9. fjrsm

fjrsm Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 25, 2007
    Have you uploaded the PAL version of TPM and AOTC?

10. Teague

Teague Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2006
    PAL version of AOTC, yes, TPM, no.

If you want to convert an NTSC-fitting file to PAL, pop it into any audio editor (like the freeware Audacity, editing software of choice for Down in Front), change the speed by 4.096 percent (speeding it up), and the pitch by -4.096 (pitching it back down) to make it fit. That's all I do to my final NTSC mixes to make them PAL-friendly.

11. fjrsm

fjrsm Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 25, 2007
    Cool. Thanks, Fig.

12. Guybrush

Guybrush Jedi Master star 3

Oct 18, 2001
    I think you boys need to move "Transformers 2" right up to the top of the review cue as soon as it hits dvd. Very... very... bad, I guess if you review it, it would mean you would have to watch it so you guys are going to have to do some serious discussion on if you want to hurt your eyes and ears that bad. Meagan Fox looks good though!

13. Ripper

Ripper Jedi Master star 3

Mar 8, 2002
    Just listened to the Phantom Menace recording, very funny stuff, will check out the Attack of the Clones one some time this week.

14. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    I'd love to hear you guys do Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves :D

15. Sanctimoniously

Sanctimoniously Jedi Master star 5

Dec 28, 2005
    We need to keep you guys well-stocked with wine. The AOTC one was even funnier than the one for Starship Troopers, which definitely had me in stitches at the most inappropriate times.

16. DigiDirectors

DigiDirectors Jedi Youngling

Jun 25, 2009
    HA! Funny stuff. I enjoyed listening to you guys.

17. DorkmanScott

DorkmanScott Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    For those of you who like the show, if you could take the time to rate and review the show on iTunes, we can hopefully start getting some of the attention our parents didn't give us and we so desperately crave ARE YOU PROUD OF ME YET FATHER?!

...Anyway, that'd be awesome of you.

18. ZNichols

ZNichols Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 21, 2006
    Rated and wrote a review.

Thanks again for your hard work guys!

19. Lord_Charisma

Lord_Charisma Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2001
    Are you really going to make me download iTunes? I thought I'd gotten rid when my iPod died.

20. Vidina

Vidina Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2006
    Gah, silly Windows-using British boy.

21. Lord_Charisma

Feb 9, 2001
    It's times like this that I have to remind myself that you're Norwegian.

22. Vidina

Jan 11, 2006
    at least we have proper Carlsberg.

23. Lord_Charisma

Feb 9, 2001
    You can keep it, too.

24. Vidina

Jan 11, 2006
    So long as you keep your room-temperature lager, I'm allright with that.

25. Lord_Charisma

Feb 9, 2001
    *ale

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.