main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Down in Front: - This week, SCOTT PILGRIM VS. THE WORLD.

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Teague, Apr 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vidina

Vidina Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2006
    It's still a beverage best served cold. You brits are the only people who enjoy it.

I've tried, but, nah,

On Topic:
    Listened to the matrix. It's really good, but you got some facts wrong. Obviously, in retrospective, I can't remember them, but I know they're wrong :p

2. Ripper

Ripper Jedi Master star 3

Mar 8, 2002
    I also really enjoyed the AOTC commentary after a long day at work, cheers guys!

3. DaftMaul

DaftMaul Former TFN Fan Films Staff star 5 VIP

Feb 18, 2001
    I enjoy listening to these, and have (finally) got to the point of listening to all of them. They have even made me want to find my Abyss Special Edition and watch it over again (can't find it at the moment) which has to be a good thing.

My only criticism? I know it's for your entertainment as well as ours, but hearing people eating crisps/food close to the microphone is just something I can almost not bear to listen to. But it's a small price to pay for an otherwise interesting listen, keep up the good work and I look forward to whatever film you enjoy/loathe next time.

Edit: (You guys must have been REALLY hungry whilst watching the Mask ;) )

4. Teague

Teague Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2006
    Wow, Daft, it's always cool to see you pop up around the forum. Glad you're digging the show, sir. (We've tried to work out all of our audio bumps and crunches. Not perfect yet, but on the way. We'll get there, I promise.)

Speaking of Down in Front, my word, it's Monday! Check out our commentary of The Mist, with guest Jake Lloyd!

5. Ripper

Mar 8, 2002
    guess he didn't hear the episode where you wished him dead, eh? :p

6. Teague

Apr 9, 2006
  7. Ripper

Mar 8, 2002
    um... I mean dead cool?

8. VaporTrail

VaporTrail Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 19, 2002
    Good save.

9. Vidina

Jan 11, 2006
    So, you wished him dead, then invited him over to do a commentary? Huh.

10. elemental_fantasy

elemental_fantasy Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 6, 2006
    ^^lol

I stil need to find time to finish AotC, maybe today.

11. Spiderfan

Spiderfan Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 9, 2004
    Yes but the commentary will be for Weekend at Burnies. Its part of a theme.

12. Guybrush

Guybrush Jedi Master star 3

Oct 18, 2001
    I think what might be cool would be to take the StarWars fan films you guys did and talk about them, maybe throw in a few of your favorite fan films to get an hour long show. Not sure if there would be a fan base for such a show or not but with so many out there doing films it might be cool to here a little background about creating the shorts.

13. Vidina

Jan 11, 2006
    Currently listening to TPM, and I had to take a moments pause to rewatch the original TPM trailer. I had chills going the whole 2,5 minutes of it. I then pressed play on iTunes again, and remember exactly why I had chills in '99, and don't even want to watch it anymore.

Man, I love that trailer. SO much potential! Great podcast though.

14. bobaandy123

bobaandy123 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 21, 2005
    I just watched the Mist for this commentary.

I have a new second favorite movie now.

15. NZPoe

NZPoe Jedi Master star 4

Nov 21, 2001
    Hey guys,

A semi-sensible request (I hope) - since you don't have ALL of your commentaries in PAL versions yet, is there anyway you could do a small page with a list of the commentaries that you DO have in PAL?

Just makes it a lot easier then going through the movies, one by one, trying to find a PAL version to listen to.

16. Teague

Apr 9, 2006
    It's chronological, starting a month or two ago. The movies that came before the week someone piped up there will be no PAL version for. One day I might get bored and systematically do the -4.096% speed, 4.096% pitch change trick in Audacity for all of those.

However, a look-up page might become useful at some point, just for shorthand.

I do believe I'll do that right now, actually.

17. Teague

Apr 9, 2006
    The Matrix Reloaded commentary, and a special half-hour episode, with Dorkman's treatment for a much better Reloaded.

Enjoy!

18. SilentBat

SilentBat Jedi Knight star 4

Aug 28, 2006
    I liked his PT treatment better. His Reloaded treatment was a bit more convoluted.

19. Teague

Apr 9, 2006
    I really enjoyed it, myself.

20. Vidina

Jan 11, 2006
    You really should release the PAL versions on the podcast aswell. It's the easiest way to get them without being notified, and it gets so much out of sync it's ridicoulus.

Looking forward to reloaded though :)

21. DorkmanScott

DorkmanScott Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Well, I wasn't nearly as drunk when I wrote the PT down. I had finished the rest of the AOTC wine by the time we recorded the alternate Reloaded pitch. Besides, it's the Matrix. It's supposed to be convoluted. ;)

22. Teague

Apr 9, 2006
    But then everybody downloads two seventy-meg MP3s a week when they subscribe, only one of which will work with their DVD player. A slightly more workable alternative being setting up a whole other feedcast, and getting iTunes to understand why we'd have two ostensibly identical shows on their server. Probably won't work.

I think the best I could do would be to set up another feedcast, not get it listed in the iTunes directory, and have it be a manual subscribe in iTunes just for those PAL-listeners who want to use iTunes to download the show. (IE, you paste a special link into the Advanced -> Subscribe dialog box, and it shows up alongside all your other podcasts, but isn't actually touching iTunes' servers in any way.)

I'd have to talk to my guy-who-knows-RSS-stuff about that. If anyone here knows how to set up an RSS feed, hook me up with information and I'll definitely start updating a feedcast weekly with PAL versions for our crazy-PAL-player-watching UK brethren. Until then, you're stuck killing mastodons with spears and right-click-save-as-ing every week when this thread (or the Twitter account) notifies you. ;)

23. DorkmanScott

DorkmanScott Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    I see video podcasts with multiple versions (ex. HD and iPod/iPhone compatible), I'd think regular & PAL compatible versions would fly.

24. Vidina

Jan 11, 2006
    Weirdly enough, my Matrix reloaded PAL DVD and the PAL release of the commentary get out of sync. As usual, the film goes faster. Weird.

25. Teague

Apr 9, 2006
    That's odd. That file is the usual 4.096% faster, and it's still going too slow for your player.

Is the math wrong?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.