main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Down in Front: - This week, SCOTT PILGRIM VS. THE WORLD.

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Teague, Apr 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord_Charisma

Lord_Charisma Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2001
    The PAL version of Reloaded worked perfectly for me. Oddly, The Mask went out of sync, but not by much. Unless someone with vastly more knowledge than me (I'm looking at someone like Zap) can come and tell me the 4.096% difference number I worked out is nonsense, it seems to work most of the time.

You dudes were really quite light on Reloaded. I was expecting a brutal maiming. Perhaps you're reserving that for Revolutions.

2. Teague

Teague Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2006
    Yeah, I've been trying to push us a bit out of the habit of straight-up ripping on a movie. (We were never really in that habit to begin with, but you know, it can happen.)

Next week: Se7en.

3. Whiteley79

Whiteley79 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 19, 2006
    I really liked this one, especially how Micheal begins to understand it a bit more. That was pretty funny.

I thought the trilogy was great all up until the very end. The ending to Revolutions was terrible. Reloaded though? I absolutely love the cliff hanger ending, but that's because Smith is my favorite character.

I really like the story, but apparently people are having problems following it? I had to coach my girlfrind through the movie as we watched, but when we finally got to the end, she was giddy as a fangirl when Bane/Smith is revealed to be the guy that screwed up the counterattack and is mirrored to Neo in the medical room.

4. DorkmanScott

DorkmanScott Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    I understand individual scenes more than I did, especially that speech that Col. Sanders von Exposition gives in the room with the monitors.

But I still don't actually know what the hell the characters were actually trying to accomplish in the grand scheme. I have a better sense of the pieces, but still none of the whole.

5. NZPoe

NZPoe Jedi Master star 4

Nov 21, 2001
    ????? Anything specific?? (Huge Reloaded fan here)

6. Teague

Apr 9, 2006
  7. VaporTrail

VaporTrail Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 19, 2002
    I think he dragged out the "O" more than the "X". Try it out loud, you'll see.

Great film.

8. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    Of course he dragged out the O, but you can't WRITE that, it looks like "boooooo" with an x after it, not a drawn-out "box".

Rick McCallum looooooves you!

9. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    bohhhhhhhhhhhhcks?

10. FX_guy

FX_guy Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 7, 2002
    What's in the booooooooks?

11. Funk-E

Funk-E Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 11, 2003
    I always kind of wondered what really WAS in the box. I mean the prop that they used. Just some goo and hair?

12. VaporTrail

May 19, 2002
    Did we see hair? I don't recall.

Sometimes I like to think it really was this.

13. DorkmanScott

DorkmanScott Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    We actually don't see anything to indicate what's in the box.

It's funny because I also could have sworn you see some wisps of blonde hair blowing in the wind, but we don't. That's good filmmaking -- the way Fincher constructed it, it feels like we saw more than we did, and we remember it that way.

14. Laszlo

Laszlo Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2006
    [image=http://www.allthingsyank.com/uhf15/kunibw.jpg]

Nothing! Absolutely nothing! STUPID! You're so STU-PIIIIIIIIIIID!

15. Funk-E

Funk-E Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 11, 2003
    For real? Well, damn, now I guess I have to watch it again just to see.

16. bobaandy123

bobaandy123 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 21, 2005
    Win.

17. Teague

Apr 9, 2006
  18. VaporTrail

May 19, 2002
    You may sigh, but if it's any consolation I love you a little bit more right now.

[thwip]
    EDIT: Your d/l link still says "Se7en", btw.

19. elemental_fantasy

elemental_fantasy Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 6, 2006
    I've been wanting to see this one.

BTW, I think it's great that you guys sit down for two hours or so and just kinda hang out while watching a movie, simultaneously revealing a large amount of knowledge and information about film's. Great job!

20. Teague

Apr 9, 2006
    Thanks, sir!

21. VaporTrail

May 19, 2002
    Just for the record, the last several months I was living in my college town, my fellow film majors and I would get together every Thursday, which we proclaimed was "Geek Night", where this same event often went down. Sometimes it was game night, but we had even discussed recording our own movie reviews for a while, we were just too lazy/distracted to actually do so.

So, y'know. They stole the format from us. So there.
    [face_not_talking]

22. SilentBat

SilentBat Jedi Knight star 4

Aug 28, 2006
    I still have absolutely no idea how you can hate on this movie. I'll listen to the commentary when I get home and I'm sure I'm going to argue your points when I listen.

23. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    I didn't listen to the Podcast, I'm just going on a tangent here:

For some reason people rip on Spider-Man 1. There's a small but subtle fragment of society that doesn't go for it even if they liked or even loved 2. Why, one of my favorite screenwriting books rips on it a lot (and the author is Blake Snyder, writer of "Blank Check" and "Stop or My Mom Will Shoot", so it's not like he doesn't enjoy mainstream Hollywood movies).

It remains my favorite of the trilogy though... hideous opening titles and unfortunate Goblin mask and horrendously dated New York pride moment aside, it won my heart from "it's about a girl". That's ALL it took to win me over for the rest of the piece.

And I prefer Don Burgess' cinematography to Bill Pope's, which I know is blasphemy, but... I just liked the way Burgess made the colors pop in that, well, pop manner.

Rick McCallum loves you!

24. SilentBat

SilentBat Jedi Knight star 4

Aug 28, 2006
    Structurally, I thought Spider-Man 1 was paced very well.

25. Vidina

Vidina Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2006
    Spider-Man was great, albeit some very obvious CG suit, Spider-Man 2 was kick ass, and Spider-Man 3 isn't out yet. No it's not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.