main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Down the Sn'aala Hole We Go (NJO: Brodey/Kyp/Jaina/Jag) NEW STORY IS UP!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by NarundiJedi, Jul 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Jedi-Princess-Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 24, 2002
    :eek: Poor Brodey! Ooh, bet Anja's a little freaked right now ;) Great post NJ ;)

2. Lt_Jaina_Solo

Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

May 27, 2002
    awesome post! Anja definately has to be freaked right now.

3. Goddess_Jaya

Goddess_Jaya Jedi Master star 4

Jun 24, 2002
    Anja (and the others too) probably don't have a clue as to what Brodey has gone through. Maybe he'll get to talking about what he's experienced. At least we know how he got his mechanical arm.

Great post NJ!

4. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    Thanks guys! I'm sure that Anja will be able to tell from the translucent skin and his symptoms what he's going through. Remember, she was once a spice addict herself.
    The question is whether or not she's going to be supportive or she's going to get mad at him because he told her he was clean. ;)

Another question, which I'm dying for people to ask so I can give the backstory, is about why Brodey is crown prince when he has an older brother. ;) :D

Sit tight, though, because the fun hasn't even really started! ;) :D

Jae Angel

5. collywolly

collywolly Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 22, 2002
    Ok, why is Brody crown prince when he has an older brother? :) Great post. :)

6. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    Well, Brodey is crown prince because his older brother Ch'aanlei is only the foster child of Noaa'lan and J'aa'nalia Narundi, Brodey's parents. Ch'aanlei is actually the only son of K'aashi T'aa'lani and his wife, S'aa'lia S'aahai. K'aashi was the best friend of Noaa'lan Narundi since they were both in primary school. Both of Ch'aanlei's parents died before he was seven so, as a dying promise to his best friend, Noaa'lan agreed to care for Ch'aanlei.

At the point in the story that you saw in the dream Ch'aanlei is a jedi master and 24 years old. He's heard all the stories surrounding his father and he's determined not to end up like him (even though K'aashi wasn't such a bad guy, by N'aanwarian standards the things he did were forbidden. ie: eloping before the age of legal marriage. That's why no family members on either side will take Ch'aanlei.) That's why Ch'aanlei seems like judge and jury in the flashback. He's trying to be a moral authority just to prove that he's not a little bastard child and can make something of himself.

Brodey's trying to do exactly the opposite. He's trying to break free of his parents' old ways and do something new and original. Needless to say he's not appreciated by Ch'aanlei, who sees him as wasteful of the gifts he's been given.

There's the backstory. :) Feel free to pester me for any more information. :D

Oh, and a pronunciation guide:

Ch'aanlei: Chahn-lee
    K'aashi: Kah-shee
    Noaa'lan: Noh-ah-lahn
    J'aa'nalia: Jah-nah-lee-uh
    S'aa'lia: Sah-lee-uh
    T'aa'lani: Tuh-lah-nee
    S'aahai: Suh-hi (the i is long)

Jae Angel

7. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    Well, I'm sitting here, with homework hanging over my head, drinking a really strong Jack and Coke, but I plan to get another post up tonight. Just be warned that it might be a really weird post. ;) Ok, so I already planned for it to be weird, but it might have a LOT of weird stuff. :D

Jae Angel

8. collywolly

Jul 22, 2002
    Weird is ok. :)

9. the_jedi_princess

the_jedi_princess Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    I feel so sorry for Brodey. I hope he gets better soon!!!!

10. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    Hehe, I still haven't decided how long I want the withdrawal symptoms to last. ;)

Now that I'm sufficiently drunk I'll do my homework quickly and then get to the fun stuff! :D

Jae Angel

11. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    Finally done with this. :) I wanted to get a lot written for a change. ;) Enjoy!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"By the grace of El'aanus, did you see the spill he just took?" The medical attendant on the hovership shrieked. "Circle back around, now!"

The captain swung the ship around and headed for the spot next to the rail where Brodey had fallen in. Once the boat was close enough the medic jumped off the side of the ship with a life preserver, trying desperately to pull the young man out of the water before he bled to death. He knew just where to dive as he found the spot where the blood clouded the water.

A meter below the surface he found him, bleeding profusely from a wound that had nearly severed his left arm just above the elbow. The crown prince's features were screwed up in agony and he feared that shock would set in long before he was able to pull the young man from the warm ocean waters.

"Brodey, can you hear me?" Kyp asked forcefully as he shook Brodey by the shoulders. The younger man's eyes opened slightly from the movement but all that was visible were the whites of his eyes. "Come on kid, come back to us!"

"What's wrong with him?" Jaina asked with a quaver in her voice.

"I'm not sure," Kyp answered truthfully. "It looks like some sort of sudden intestinal illness. I just don't think he gets sick that often, from what he told me."

"It does seem odd," Jaina agreed, snuggling up to Jag as looked down at her friend with a pitiful expression. "Do you think we should call off the mission?"

"No," A small voice answered weakly, and they all looked down at their fallen comrade. "Don't give up on the mission. I'm not that important."

"Oh, you're not that important, except that whoever we're meeting made a point of sending a message to you," Anja said coolly, narrowing her eyes at him. She already knew the reason for his illness. It was obvious. His skin was translucent, his eyes were widely dilated, and he had headaches and chills. All were common symptoms of spice withdrawal.

"Get my pack! We need to get a pressure wrap on his arm, now!" The medic gasped as he hauled Brodey's limp body onto the ship. The captain froze, staring in horror at the youth's arm. "Don't just stand there! Move!"

As the captain ran to retrieve the life support kit that was onboard the medic performed an assessment of Brodey's condition. The young prince's rapid heart rate wasn't helping the blood loss and after a quick check he'd determined the cause. Spice. Now he just needed to find out which type he'd taken so he could administer the proper antidote.

The hovership sped back toward shore at an illegal speed and all the medic could do was stop the bleeding and pray that he would make it.

"Don't give up on me now, kid," He muttered to his patient.

"Please, just don't give up on me now," Kyp said softly as he wiped Brodey's forehead with a cool cloth. "Stay with me, kid!"

"Do you think we should try giving him some water?" Jag asked with a frown.

Kyp was about to answer when Anja interjected. "He wouldn't be able to keep any of it down."

"Why is that? How do you know?" Jaina questioned, still looking visibly shook up.

"Because I've seen this before," Anja said cryptically. "And so have you."

"You don't mean. . ." Jaina gasped in shock but then trailed off as if she feared the next words that would come out of her mouth.

"Spice withdrawal," Anja said in a grave tone.

"Are you sure?" Brodey's coach asked as he hovered over the young man's body.

"Positive. Look at the symptoms. He probably fell because of a headache," The medic replied as he waved a couple more medical personnel over to where Brodey lay.

"It just seems so sudden," The coach continued in disbelief. "I mean, don't withdrawal symptoms come on slowly?"

"With some types of spice they do, but the newer varieties are more unpredictable," The medic responded. "That's why we need to find out what he took."

"I just can't beli

12. Jade243

Jade243 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2002
    <delurks> Great post, NJ! :D <relurks>

13. jacensky315

jacensky315 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2002
    Great post as usual NJ. :D :p

14. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    Am I the only one that hates mornings? :p Five, count em, five hours of sleep! :(

But anyways, I'll try and have another one up by tonight! :)

Jae Angel

15. Lt_Jaina_Solo

May 27, 2002
    great post, NJ! thanks for explaining how he lost his arm and the spice..... 8-}

16. Goddess_Jaya

Jun 24, 2002
    That's pretty rough. I didn't see anything wierd about the post NJ, just more serious than humorous. Hopefully Brodey will recover enough to explain what happened to him and finish the mission.

17. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    I don't know about having Brodey recover that quickly. . . [face_devil] ;)

There will be a good amount of serious material in this story, but I won't neglect the funny stuff. ;)

Jae Angel

18. Goddess_Jaya

Jun 24, 2002
    He'll have to at least temporarily deal with his past so he can confront whoever wants this meeting with him. They'll be at the rendezvous spot in a couple hours after all.

19. collywolly

Jul 22, 2002
    Great post. :)

20. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    It's more like a day until they have to rendezvous. A lot can happen in a day. . . ;)

Jae Angel

21. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    Well, I'm back, but I'm thinking I'm going to make some cool house music with my boyfriend before I start the next post. :) There's always time to write once he goes to bed. ;)

Jae Angel

22. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    House music was fun to make but I couldn't neglect this story! ;) Here's the next post:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Are you kriffing kidding me?" Ch'aanlei asked in outrage as he maintained his hold on the adolescent's shirt collar, pulling him up off the ground. "You must have a death wish! Giving Ganliet to my brother after all the media reports on the side effects might just be the last stupid thing you ever do."

"I'm sorry! I had no idea he'd react so violently!" Chaser squeaked in fear as Ch'aanlei's murderous gaze bore up at him.

"You better be sorry! You've been corrupting my brother ever since you came into his life!" Ch'aanlei barked through gritted teeth. "You introduced him to spice and alcohol. You keep on pulling him farther away from his family and closer to the dark side. I think I'd be doing everybody a favor if I just killed you now!"

"You wouldn't," Chaser challenged, knowing that he spoke the truth. "Your honor is too much at stake. You wouldn't throw it away on a scumbag like me. Besides, I'm not the one who's pulling him closer to the dark side."

"Oh yeah?" Ch'aanlei asked indignantly. "Then who is?"

"It's so obvious," Chaser said in a far away tone. "I'm surprised you're not smart enough to figure it out already."

"Kid, you've got a lot of guts to say something like that with my hands around your neck," Ch'aanlei growled, growing angrier. "Now answer me! Who's pulling him to the dark side?"

"All of you," Chaser whispered icily.

"I've never heard of Ganliet spice!" Anja insisted angrily. "Maybe he's just delirious."

"I'm sure it's something that's not from this galaxy," Kyp muttered as he raked a hand through his hair. The group had managed to move Brodey back onto his bed and roll him over onto one side. Kyp found that his hair was amply soaked with sweat from the effort.

"Oh great!" Anja said sarcastically. "We're really going to be able to find out about it now!"

"Heh," Kyp snorted, casting a sidelong glance. "I guess it would be wishful thinking, but maybe rich boy has a data library installed on the ship's computer."

"Hey, it's worth a shot," Jaina remarked, taking Jag by the arm and leading him over to the ship's comm.

"She sure has that boy on a leash," Anja laughed under her breath. "I'm jealous."

"Why? You want to have a whipped little bantha cub following you around all the time?" Kyp asked with a snide half-grin. "I don't think anybody could put a leash on Brodey."

Anja glared at him defiantly with her hands on her hips.

"No offense, of course!" Kyp said mockingly.

"Hey, I think we found what we were looking for," Jaina called from the adjacent compartment.

"Really?" Kyp exclaimed with relief.

"Ganliet, in its purest form, is a potent stimulant and neurological toxin. It was originally discovered in mines below the village of Ganliet on Tsaorai. Many people have died since its introduction ten years ago on the streets of Freedom City. Death occurs both from the dose and from the withdrawal symptoms. Common causes of death during a high include aneurysm and heart attack while the most common cause of death during withdrawal is dehydration."

Ch'aanlei remembered the media broadcast well. It had been top news ever since Ganliet gained status as the new drug of choice for rich adolescents. He just never thought his brother would be so dumb to take it. It was painful to hear Chaser recount his story to the medical workers and police, to hear that his brother was so desperate that he took whatever Chaser handed him without asking what was in the vial.

"Do you know what the dosage was?" The medic asked patiently.

"One vial. Approximately a quarter of a millinic," Chaser answered cooperatively, pulling the vial out of his pack and showing it to the older man.

"That much?" The medic exclaimed, raising both eyebrows. "It's amazing that he's still alive!"

"It wasn't pure Ganliet," Chaser confessed. "I mixed a few other things in there too."

"Me

23. Goddess_Jaya

Jun 24, 2002
    :eek: Wow. Brodey is into big time stuff. I like the flashbacks. Nice post NJ.

24. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    Yeah, it is some pretty big time stuff, but hopefully Jaina and Jag have found the information they need to fix the withdrawal. . . ;)

I'm sitting here on my butt today so maybe there will be another post before tonight. :)

Jae Angel

25. Lt_Jaina_Solo

May 27, 2002
    awesome post!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.