main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Down the Sn'aala Hole We Go (NJO: Brodey/Kyp/Jaina/Jag) NEW STORY IS UP!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by NarundiJedi, Jul 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    A little update - I still don't know if TKJ is not an alien. She didn't produce conclusive proof. ;)

And I'm still debating if I should add another part to the last post. But that will be decided right when I open up word, and you'll have a new post no matter what in an hour or two. :) Maybe less! :D

I'd also like to mention that after this story is over there will most likely be a week of down time, but during this week I'll post a few teasers and possibly a trailer for the new story! ;)

Lastly, I realized today that an image that I linked to earlier in this thread had been changed since I posted it. I apologize for said image, since it was not appropriate, and I removed it as soon as I found out it had changed. This is why remote linking = bad!

So, see you all soon, with THE FINAL POST! :D

Jae Angel

2. TenelKaJedi

TenelKaJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 9, 2003
    Sorry I couldn't produce conclusive evidence, but as I said, my digi-cam is on the fritz. The stupid thing won't open!

GRRRRRRR

Sometimes I hate technology.

Can't wait for the post, NJ!

Stryke

3. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    Do you mean that the lens cover won't open, or that the software won't let you get to your pictures when you plug it into your computer?

Mine needs batteries. . . :( I used to have so much fun with that thing. I should have asked my dad for more when I was at his house.

Jae Angel

4. TenelKaJedi

Jun 9, 2003
    Both, actually. This camera is strange. The software won't let me in unless the lens cover is open, and it won't open!!!!!

I can't afford to buy a new one, but I can't afford to get it fixed, either. So I'm stuck.

Stryke

5. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    Huh. *scratches head* I wish I knew how to fix either one! I usually just defer to the guys in my life for mechanical and computer things that I don't want to tackle for fear that I might break something. Then again, sometimes I'm better than them at figuring it out. :p

So, TKJ, would it be better if I posted the first part of the final post now, or if I waited a bit so I could post the entire thing?

Jae Angel

6. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    Here it is! The FINAL POST! :eek: :D ;)

~*~*~

Another morning dawned, though it was nearly impossible to tell morning from night on Eclipse without the help of a chrono. The chrono currently glowed green with the numbers 0540, but the only one up to notice them was feeling too poorly to care. On the cold durasteel floor of the fresher, Anja was contemplating her past mistakes as she had almost every morning for nearly a month.

Pregnancy wasn?t the best feeling, especially when her stomach wouldn?t let her sleep through these unpleasant morning hours or keep down food during the day. Then there was Brodey; keeping up face around him wasn?t easy when she looked like she?d been plowed over by a speeder half a dozen times. The others, the ones who knew of her pregnancy, were hyper-aware of her current state, but Brodey remained blissfully inattentive, not even commenting that she looked tired.

This annoyed Anja more than her recurrent bouts of nausea. Anja hated being ignored by her supposed ?boyfriend? when he was supposed to be her source of support through the gestation months. It seemed that his grandfather and cousin had abducted the Brodey she knew and locked him away somewhere, bringing back this imposter in his place. He sure looked like Brodey, but he didn?t joke or kiss her as lovingly as he had before.

Kyp, who was at her side a little too often to evade suspicion, explained that Brodey had other obligations to fulfill, but that didn?t stop Anja from feeling painfully jealous of the attention he was paying to studying with his grandfather and Siri. She wanted more attention than a quick peck on the cheek before he set off for training, and while Kyp was always willing to fill in for him, she was wary of the risks of their continuing relationship.

One day, when her belly became too swollen to hide under baggy clothes, she would need to tell Brodey about their child. She was still confused and irked because he hadn?t noticed already. Weren?t jedi supposed to be able to sense their own force-sensitive children? Was he too busy even for that? Any other, non-pregnant woman would have broken it off by now, but with the baby she felt she had certain obligations that included staying with him as he acted aloof. She was starting to resent him for it.

A very small part of her wanted to be sympathetic because he was always coming back from jedi training with enough bruises to make normal movement difficult. Plenty of people had to make personal sacrifices since the war began, for their families and for the galaxy. This she understood. She just didn?t want her own relationship to be one of those in jeopardy. It was selfish, but she reminded herself that her own selfish desire to take their relationship to the next level was the reason she was in this position. ?Why quit now,? she thought sarcastically, ?while I?m ahead??

On top of all that there was Siri. Every time Anja saw the woman, she was leering at her with a mixture of smugness and amused interest. This could be for any number of reasons; she could have found out about Anja?s torrid affair with Kyp, or she could just be feeling pleased with herself for occupying so much of Brodey?s time and keeping him away from Anja. However, Anja suspected that the real reason was because she knew. She was observant enough to catch the life form slowly developing inside the older woman, and the smug smile was from thinking about how her cousin might react when he found out about the baby. Anja wasn?t sure if Siri would tell Brodey herself or if she would patiently stand by and wait for the shavit to hit the air flow regulator, but she suspected that the second was probably more amusing to the woman who seemed to love watching others squirm and suffer.

Soon she would get her wish. There wasn?t a chance on Coruscant that Anja could hide things forever.

~*~*~

Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

He tried to sc

7. rogue11lovesjag

rogue11lovesjag Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 13, 2002
    Ahem.

POST IT!

~Rogue

8. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    I just did, rogue! :D

Going to bed now. . . :p Stupid work!

Jae Angel

9. Sache8

Sache8 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2000
    **waves from door** Can't hang around- I have work tomorrow. Loved the ending, though! Guess Anja doesn't have any doubts about being pregnant anymore ;)

And Brodey made Siri crack. hehehe ;)

10. Jaina_Solo_Durron

Jaina_Solo_Durron Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2002
    :D :D :D :D A BIG YAY! FOR NJ! :D :D :D :D

That was lovely, sweetheart. Anja/Kyp were cute, not to mention rather critical of Useless!Brodey. Honestly. That boy. Ah well, Siri will put him to rights, no? She better...and we better witness it! *hint hint*

Cheers! *raises margarita* Here's to one of the bestest fics on JCF! Good Luck, NJ!

-JSD

11. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    Sache - Gotta love work, right? ;) I hate Mondays. :(

Thanks though, for taking the time to read this when working gals are going off to bed! :) I'm glad you liked the ending! I was going for the "everyone's screwed" kind of ending. Anja's pregnant, Brodey's beaten, and Siri's not living up to her standards of cruelty. ;) I can't wait to make her crack more! Hehehehe. [face_devil]

Oh, and I love your signature! [face_laugh]

JSD - Hehe, thank you! [face_blush] There will be mucho Kyp/Anja, coming soon to a message board near you. ;) And I'm glad I managed to make Brodey look horribly useless, because he kind of is . . . Can't even win against a girl! :p

I promise that you will see lots of Brodey being put in his place, and lots of confusion (mostly between cousins), and maybe there will be some men carrying purses, in honor of LianaMara. ;) One thing's for certain: It will be funny. :D

Jae Angel

12. TenelKaJedi

Jun 9, 2003
    I CAN'T BELIEVE SN'AALA HOLE IS OVER!!!

*sniff sniff*

I'm going to miss this..... :_| 8-}

I'm going to print it off, so I can have it with me always!

I can't wait for the next story, NJ. It'll definitely be one in a zillion!

Stryke

13. SpacedOutAnna

SpacedOutAnna Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 14, 2002
    *Bursts into wild appluase* Brilliant!!! A perfect ending.... I'm so sorry I haven't been posting but I've been crazy busy. I loved this fic so much - I'm so glad that the characters are still going in the other fics.

Great job - Anna

14. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    Stryke - I know! Me too! :( I was working today and I couldn't believe this thing was finished!

Thank you so much for reading, and I'm glad you enjoyed it that much! I can send you the word files via email if you wish. :) PM me about it.

Anna - Thank you! I totally understand (wait until school starts :p You'll be seeing a little less of me) and I'm so glad you made it in for the ending! I definitely hope to continue the characters' story, and with Kyp/Anja mush and sneakiness, Brodey/Siri fighting with a dash of hormones, and Gramps being himself, I think it'll be worthwhile. ;) At least I hope! My beta is still without internet and I want him to come back and tell me if he thinks I did well! :p And I need him to help me with formulating the next story so I have a little more structure. . .so it doesn't end up being 134 pages long for a chapter. . .

Can chapters even BE 134 pages long?

Jae Angel

ED: Speeeeeeelling. . .

15. TenelKaJedi

Jun 9, 2003
    Thank you NJ! Received requested e-mail, and now I CAN READ IT ANY TIME I WANT!!!!!!!!

MUAHAAAAHAAAAHAAAAAAHAAAA!!!

*chills*

Thanks for taking the trouble!

Stryke

16. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    It's definitely no trouble for me to do that! In fact, I think I'm going to edit the first post to let people know that I'll gladly provide the word file for them! :)

The same goes for any of my stories. If people want the next story in word, I'll give that to them. :D

I should run away now and come up with a suitable trailer for Attention Moron: Your Pal is Stealing Your Gal ;)

Jae Angel

17. TenelKaJedi

Jun 9, 2003
    Yes you should.

Stryke

18. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    I'll do it now, while I'm waiting for this thunderstorm to end. Tornado watch! :eek: :D

Jae Angel

19. TenelKaJedi

Jun 9, 2003
    Be CAREFUL, NJ. Don't let the tornado get you!

BTW: I have a short post up on TM. Go see what'cha think!

Stryke

20. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    I read and replied, even while eating buffalo chicken strips. :)

Now I just gotta get my act together and do some writing of my own. . .

Jae Angel

21. TenelKaJedi

Jun 9, 2003
    As did I.

As should I.

Stryke

22. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    So there's going to be more? :eek: LOL, you're a machine! :D

Jae Angel

23. TenelKaJedi

Jun 9, 2003
    Of course there's going to be more! I haven't even reached CH. 5 yet! This thing has about 25 chapters.

Stryke

24. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    Oh, I didn't mean more in general. I meant more today! :) More than one post in a day is a little more than I can usually manage. I'm trying to avoid burnout, after last summer where I stayed up until 6am writing multiple posts a day. ;)

Jae Angel

25. LianaMara

LianaMara Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 30, 2000
    That was pure wonderfulness! I loved Anja's inner thoughts, and hurt Brodey (poor boy!), and the beginning of the cracking of Siri's shell, and K/A, and everything, and "Captain of My Soul," and basically everything. :D

And AM:YPISYG might have men with purses? Oh boy! :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.