main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga ~DownFall~ AU vignette- Vader, Emperor and two special char.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by _Jedi_of_Destiny_, Apr 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _Jedi_of_Destiny_

_Jedi_of_Destiny_ Jedi Padawan star 4

May 17, 2003
    Here's my in The Saga attempt. Hope you enjoy.

~Downfall~

A petite figure, in a skin tight, free moving jumpsuit, dodged the attack gracefully, her flowing dark hair kept in check by a headband, which was the same shade as the vibrant beam she was gripping fiercely. She was young and pretty, and normally she?d use that to her advantage, but not today, not this opponent.

Her rival fought aggressively, almost arrogantly, his one handed grip seemed almost casual, as if he didn?t consider her a worthy foe. She lunged at him, only to be deflected by a careless parry. A black anger exploded in her head, adding strength to her muscles and power to her movements. It was true, this person, this being, was stronger than she was. Physically, at least. She had a greater mental control over the Force than even he could ever dream, however, and she was quick on her feet. She planned to use that to her benefit.

The room was immense, the perfect terrain for this clash of conflict, this battle of wills. A figure, up high on a dais, with the backdrop of stars the only light that they fought by, watched quietly with a fanatical grin that seemed to sap any mirth from the galaxy.

She blocked out the figure, that once-a-man life form that now only was darkness; The presence that seemed to make even the dark cower in fear, and demanded focus from herself. She couldn?t lose, the girl knew, or in one moment, she would experience the ultimate humiliation and shame.

And then she would die.

She supposed the same thoughts were running through her enemy?s head as well. That grey-eyed, dusty haired, boy she?d grown up with, trained against, maybe even loved, before any such attachments were drilled out of her mind forever, of course. Now, he was only a monster, a bug to squash under her steel-toed boot, a barrier to be knocked down in her path to power. And knock him over she would.

If only he would just lie down and die. It would be easier, she thought, but a little unchallenging. It would not be a true test of her might, her abilities. It would not show how far she had progressed in her training.

He was stronger, she was faster, and they were both equally fit. Both had trained vigorously together. She knew his weaknesses; he knew hers. It was just a matter of who would succumb to their faults earliest. Or, who would take the lethal advantage of their opponent?s flaws first.

She ducked low when a heavy-handed fist came right at her head, instead of getting back up; she sank to the floor, supported by only her left arm and shot out her leg to trip him. He danced back with a laugh. She flipped backwards and charged him with a relentless assault, her blade pulsating and pushing against the receiving light sword.

His lightsaber was the same color his eyes had been, once, long ago.

Her beating lacked the strength necessary to drive him back, she would have to use some finesse, slip through his defenses. Brute strength alone would not prevail against him.

They spent minutes, hours, days, she didn?t know, trading blows. The boy snarled at his trouble in hitting her and lashed out recklessly with his weapon. Too slow, she realized when the blade found purchase on her upper left arm, burning through the thin fabric and brushing skin. She pulled back reflexively, crying out, bile rising in her throat as the stench of burnt flesh battered her senses.

Jaw clenched against the pain, she called on the Force, not to shunt away the pain but to center her will on the emotions that the wound caused: her anger at being sluggish, at her opponent for gaining a measure of satisfaction from her pain. She felt the call of revenge keenly and let her anger amplify her hold on the Force.

He would pay.

Quietly unscrewing one of the durasteel beams that held this room together, she lowered it to the same height of his head and with a powerful tug, wrenched it toward the boy?s head. Almost too late, the young man realized his peril. He dodged to the right and a blow that was meant to

2. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    A petite figure, in a skin tight, free moving jumpsuit

I like it already :p

And then she would die.

So this is more than a practice session...

Too slow, she realized when the blade found purchase on her upper left arm, burning through the thin fabric and brushing skin. She pulled back reflexively, crying out, bile rising in her throat as the stench of burnt flesh battered her senses.

=D= I loved that :)

It hadn?t been a coincidence that their Master?s had pitted them against each other.

Hmmm.... [face_thinking]

But she wasn?t going to die alone. She had one last card to play. She knew her opponent probably better than she knew herself. Knew his strengths. More importantly, she knew his one, hopefully fatal weakness.
    Her.

Nice :cool:

Wow :eek: I did not see that coming. Luke and Leia :( So I guess this is what would have happened if Luke had given in in ROTJ, and Leia given into the darkside along the way. Pretty sad ending, but well done, Lauren :) Hope to see more from you soon ;)

3. _Jedi_of_Destiny_

May 17, 2003
    I like it all ready

You're such a guy!

Wow I did not see that coming. Luke and Leia So I guess this is what would have happened if Luke had given in in ROTJ, and Leia given into the darkside along the way. Pretty sad ending, but well done, Lauren Hope to see more from you soon

You got it. Except I think it was more like if Vader and the Emperor knew about the twins from the beginning and they were raised in the darkside, not knowing that they were brother and sister. :) I'm glad you enjoyed it. Now I have to catch up on all your stuff. :D

4. _Jedi_of_Destiny_

May 17, 2003
  5. Bria921

Bria921 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 31, 2005
    Wow! Wasn't expecting it to be Luke and Leia. Great saber fight. :D

6. _Jedi_of_Destiny_

May 17, 2003
    [face_blush] Thanks, Bria. Glad you liked it. :)

7. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    You're such a guy!

It was the opening line to the fic, I had to say something :p

8. _Jedi_of_Destiny_

May 17, 2003
    It was the opening line to the fic, I had to say something

Yeah, sure. I guess that wasan oversight on my part. I'll try not to let it happen again. ;) :p

9. _Jedi_of_Destiny_

May 17, 2003
  10. Dally

Dally Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    Yikes! I like the idea. Very original, and very dark.

11. _Jedi_of_Destiny_

May 17, 2003
    [face_thinking] Yeah, in waiting for RotS I've found myself in "dark" kinda moods. :p Glad you liked it, Dally. :)

12. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    We seek her here, we seek her there, we find her in The Saga, dear. LOL Yeah - I know, absolutely ghastly poetry. :)

But a superduper viggie! The Leia/Luke battle was an unusual twist - i didn't foresee that one. ;)

A figure, up high on a dais, with the backdrop of stars the only light that they fought by, watched quietly with a fanatical grin that seemed to sap any mirth from the galaxy.
    That image really stood out for me. Nice writing. :)

The ending was unnerving, too. A very moody piece indeed.

Great to see you posting again, Destiny.

13. _Jedi_of_Destiny_

May 17, 2003

We seek her here, we seek her there, we find her in The Saga, dear. LOL Yeah - I know, absolutely ghastly poetry.

LOL. Yeah, everyone's looking for me in BEyond the Saga and they find me here. :D I have a few more one pieces(I've been busy, ;) )to post here too.

But a superduper viggie! The Leia/Luke battle was an unusual twist - i didn't foresee that one.

:D :D :D

A figure, up high on a dais, with the backdrop of stars the only light that they fought by, watched quietly with a fanatical grin that seemed to sap any mirth from the galaxy.
    That image really stood out for me. Nice writing.

[face_blush]

The ending was unnerving, too. A very moody piece indeed.

Great to see you posting again, Destiny.

Thank you, Tahi. It's good to be back. I hope its permanantly and not sporadically like its been lately. :)

14. _Jedi_of_Destiny_

May 17, 2003
    C'mon, stay up! :)

15. _Jedi_of_Destiny_

May 17, 2003
    An UP for someone else to enjoy. :D

16. cka3ka

cka3ka Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 9, 2003
    Poor Vader... he'd been had again!

17. _Jedi_of_Destiny_

May 17, 2003
  18. Jedi_Linewalker

Jedi_Linewalker Jedi Master star 2

May 1, 2005
    Very well done, very well done. I thoroughly enjoyed it

19. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    _JoD_: Chose a reply from the following idioms:

(a.) Impressive - most impressive!

(b.) Good... good!! =D=

(c.) Great 'fic, kid, that's one in a million! :D

(d.) Carrie!

(e.) Ha-hey! I knew that there was more to you than poetry!

(f.) Good job!

:D :p

- The Imperial Ewok

20. _Jedi_of_Destiny_

May 17, 2003
    Hey!

You forgot: g.: All of the above. [face_mischief]

21. _Jedi_of_Destiny_

May 17, 2003
    Oh, missed you, Jedi-LineWalker. Thanks for reading. :D