main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Downhill Run (Ben, Jysella) Benella Winter Challenge- one shot. Responses 12/20/07!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by brodiew, Dec 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    Title: Downhill Run
    Author: brodiew
    Characters: Ben and Jysella
    Timeframe: post LOTF
    Keywords: romance/verbal sparring/winter sport
    Summary: Ben goes skiing.
    A/N: this is a response to the Benella Winter Challenge.

Requirements:
    Write a one-shot that takes Ben and Jys to a winter wonderland.

They must do some sort of winter sport while there.

Words:
    palm tree
    hot
    sun
    mistletoe
    Caroling

Ben pulled his goggles down over his face and placed both ski poles firmly into the snow. His brow was knit with concentration and his eyes were alive with excitement. It never snowed on Ossus, and in light of recent events in the galaxy, he had never been able to take the time to renew the passion ignited in his childhood. Pushing hard with both hands he lunged and disappeared over the edge.

Feet together, legs bent, and poles tucked tightly under his arms, Ben juked, hopped, and glided down the mountainside. He jumped moguls, dodged trees, and threw giant tails of snow in his wake. He wished Jysella could see him.

Suddenly Jysella appeared at his side, and zoomed ahead of him. That wasn?t the strange thing. She was wearing an off white tunic and a pair of shorts. Tucking into a tighter, more aero-dynamic ball, he shot forward.

The sun was out, but the temperature was low. What was she thinking? This was no beach adorned with palm trees. Did she think this was water skiing weather?

As he approached her, he noticed her stand up and start flailing about. Her tunic flew off, which was weird enough, but it was making a bee line straight at him. He shifted just in time as the garment flew by.

As he continued to gain, he noticed that she was wearing a stocking hat, a bikini top, and those blue shorts. Nice legs. He continued to take stock of her, his eyes moving from her calves to backside and up her toned, bare back. Some her raven hair jutted out from under her hat and blew unbidden in the wind. She glanced over her should and her saw her silver, reflective eyewear. She was hot!

The glint from her glasses shot white fire into his eyes. At the same time, he hit and mogul and flew into the air. He felt himself tipping too far forward. Reaching out with the Force, Ben attempted to right himself, but it was too little too late. Both skis dug into the snow packed ground pitching him forward, end over end. He felt his boots disconnect from skis, but form that point on he was rolling uncontrollably down hill.

After an interminable time rolling, he hit something hard, which gave under his momentum and fell in front of him.

?Stang, Ben!? said Jysella, lying in the bottom of the booth, Ben on top of her. ?Get off me!?

Clumsily getting to his feet, Ben helped Jysella to hers as well. The outfit was real, but the bikini top looked better from the front. Her sun glassed sat, awkwardly on her nose, and the stocking hat hung at precarious angle on the left side of her head.

?Where did you come from?? Ben asked stilled stunned.

?Don?t be silly, Ben,? she, removing the hat and straightening her sunglasses. ?I was out shopping while you were in here goofing off. Where did you get all that winter gear??

?Uh, it's all part of the game rental,? Ben said still a little dazed. ?I guess I was really into the game. I was a little shocked when you appeared on the mountain?in a bikini top!?

Arching an eyebrow and drilling him with her emerald orbs, she said ?I had to do something to shift your attention from this silly virtual reality.?

?Come on, Jys,? Ben whined. ?When have we ever been on a ski trip? Let me have me have a little fun, especially if you are off shopping.?

?Get that snow suit off,? Jysella said, grinning. ?You look ridiculous standing here in the booth wearing that stuff.?

?We could make snow angels?? Ben said, pulling his goggles up and placing them on his head. ?Make a snow man? Finish our race??

?If you want to roll around on something, we have a large bed in our cabin,? Jysella mewed, looking him up and down. ?And

Delta1595 likes this.
  2. SITH_MAYO

SITH_MAYO Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2005
    Nice one-shot. :) I liked the twist!

She handed him the sprig. ?You?re the one that?s gonna need this.?

Lol, awww that was funny![face_laugh]

Brilliant!=D=

3. Flowerlady

Flowerlady Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    Oh that was funny....[face_laugh]

Great response!!!=D=

FL @};-

4. PHGS_Weyr

PHGS_Weyr Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 11, 2006
    Great Job very very funny!

5. brodiew

Oct 11, 2005
    SITH_MAYO: I'm glad you liked the twist. I thought that would be fun. Yeah, and men usally never shy aways from the advances of their wives, but, from time to time that mistletoe might come in handy when Jysella might not be in the mood.

Flowerlady: Thanks. Its good to be writing Ben/Jys again!

PHGS_Weyr: Thank you. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

6. Earthknight

Earthknight Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 3, 2002
    Nice one shot. Very funny. Very cute. I'm really liking the Ben/Jysella pairing( maybe even more than Ben/Tahiri).

?Local tradition says that I should hang this above the doorframe of a man I want to kiss. Tradition says he cannot refuse.?

?Why would I refuse?? Ben said, perplexed.

?You wouldn?t!? she laughed. ?But I, on the other hand, I don?t always want to kiss you.

Ben frowned.

She handed him the sprig. ?You?re the one that?s gonna need this.?

LOL[face_laugh]. Brilliant dialogue right there=D= .

7. brodiew

Oct 11, 2005
    Earthknight: thanks for the kind works. I'm glad you enjoyed the story and the dialogue. I thought that last line was a good one as well.

8. Meredith_Kenobi

Meredith_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    Ha! I can just imagine the look on Ben's face as Jysella delivered that last line.

Verily funny, Brodie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.