main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Download help please, or "Why, yes, I am new. Why do you ask?"

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by DonC, Feb 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    Well, new to watching fan films anyway.

Basically, and I'm sure this has been asked and answered a thousand times, my search just find any of them, I was wondering what can be done to fix incomplete downloads. Some of the movies I've tried to download have stopped early, like 3 MB, and no matter how many times I delete then retry to download them, they always stop at that same place. I've tried to download "Crazy Watto" more then 10 times.

2. Jyro-Kyrn

Jyro-Kyrn Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 26, 2002
    I have used Download Accelerator Plus before. Worked really well. Just do a search for it on Google.

3. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    The problem isn't staying online, it's the "download complete (3.34 MB in 34 seconds)" thing I keep getting on files that are supposed to be around 14 MB.

4. JEDIBYKNIGHT

JEDIBYKNIGHT Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2001
    Maybe try to clean your Temporary Internet Files folder.

5. Figrin-Dan_Man

Figrin-Dan_Man Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 4, 2002
    Don't waste your time, and welcome...year old-newbie. :eek: . Crazy Watto is, IMOHO, about the most overrated film out there. If you wanna see a good Z-Team production, get Jedi Hunter, which is considerably better.

Now, if you really want to waste your time, download Empire Reborn. Great name. 6 seconds of 100x150 pixel, music driven, quasi-good duel. Quasi-quasi good, maybe.

:::Congratulations, Fig, you've just effectively pissed off the entire forum, and offended those which weren't pissed. Well done.:::

;)

Fig

6. Generic_Jedi

Generic_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 8, 2002
    This exact same thing happened to me a while ago with the Formula (best fanfilm ever). Eventually, I managed to get it.

So my useless advice would be to keep trying until you get it right, or someone could send it to you over msn or aol messenger.

7. GrnJalera

GrnJalera Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 3, 2001
    DonC - wassup, bud!

Send me a pm of the films you're looking for and I'll see what I can do to have them for you for the meeting next weekend.

8. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    Thanks for all the help, that cleaning out the temporary internet files looks like it might have worked. If not I can always talk my friend Grn into holding another fan film festival. ;)

No wait, it's his fault I'm having this problem now. Up until then I'd only seen one fan film worth watching, Darth Vader's Psychic Hotline at Celebration II (I didn't spend a whole lot of time in the fan fiim room), then him and his buddy Douz have this thing a couple months ago and got me interested.

I'll leave out that I didn't download any of the ones here until about a week ago and haven't done Conspiracy or Challenge of the Superfriends, er, Sith yet. [face_devil]

9. RocketGirl

RocketGirl Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2002
    Okay, here's a hint: go DL GetRight or some other DLing program that supports resuming files and enter the URL for the movie into it. It'll DL faster because you can multi-thread the download, and you can resume if the download goes all pear-shaped on you.

10. AWB1989

AWB1989 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 3, 2002
    Don't search for download accelerator plus on google; search for it on download.com. ;)

11. Ben-Kushaan_Exile

Ben-Kushaan_Exile Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 29, 2000
    or just go to www.downloadaccelerator.com

lol.. you weinies..

;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.