main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Downtown DASH/Red/Blue line, easy transportation

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by mrcottonsparrot, May 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrcottonsparrot

mrcottonsparrot Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 26, 2004
    http://www.ladottransit.com/dash/routes/downtown/downtown.html

The Line F DASH stops directly in front of the conv center. It runs between Figueroa St/Downtown and USC/Exposition park, from 6:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m., every 10 minutes on weekdays and 20 minutes on weekends. It is 25 CENTS EACH TRIP. I'm not sure if anyone could beat that, unless you got someone to carry you unconscious on their back! Even if 6:30 return is too early for you, the cab/shuttle options back should be too bad.

Or...from a downtown hotel, go to the 7th-Fig Metro station, and pick up a BLUE LINE Metro train. Get off at Pico, which I think is the next stop. You're like 2 blocks from the conv center.

Again, I cannot highly enough recommend a multi-day transit pass.

LA is not as big and scary as people are making it out to be -- well, yeah, okay, it is, but with a tiny bit of effort, you can scoot around fairly economically. Just don't make eye contact with anyone, don't act stupid (like getting too drunk, flashing cash, etc. in public), be aware of your surroundings and belongings at all times -- basically follow the normal-intelligence rules for "big city".

Caryn B.
    Use your other thread, we really don't need 3
    The Parrot

2. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    Stop it!!

We do not need three seperate topics on public transit!

One topic with all the information is enough. You could have simply have added any additional information to your original post. That keeps it altogether in one place for everyone to refer to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.