main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson DOWNTOWN LIGHT PARADE - Saturday December 9th

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by dialswiftjustice, Nov 3, 2006.

1. jedirevan1

jedirevan1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 4, 2006
    LOL..I just told him that and he said costume or no costume, he's there! :)

2. thatsMISTERwookiee

thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2005
    I'll be there, either as the wookiee, Qui-Gon, or in civvies (yes, Dustin, I'll wear the BLACK t-shirt), but I will be there.

3. Bylar

Bylar Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 4, 2006
    me and my kids are in, we need loaners, id like a double sunriders please if possible, but will gladly use whatever you/they offer lol

May The Force Be With You and With Us All

4. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Hey all, I was at our local yokel parade the other day and have a few suggestions from that:

1) lots of folks give out candy to the kids. Here is a great opportunity to make up bags with candy or stickers and have the TFF card with it. [hint: Hand the candy to the kids rather than throwing it to the kids. It breaks and the kids are get obnoxious fighting over the candy :p]

2) If at all possible have someone "cart" a boombox with Christmas music. I've been to several parades where there is hardly any music and I just don't see the point of a Christmas parade [or any parade] without music.

If you need it I've got several "jazzy" CDs that I could burn and send to someone. Just get back to me ASAP!!!

5. dialswiftjustice

dialswiftjustice Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    Thanks for the suggestins Jada, but giving away items att his [parade is forbiddenn, from floats or even walkers, but Id recommend getting somemore business cards from Cat or myself to give away att he after party in case anyone asks who we are.

We can bring a radion for some star wars music, but this parade will have musical floats and marching bands.

Here is more info on parking, times etc.
    More information will
    Saturday, December 9.

4:00pm ? Festival at Armory Park until 9:00pm.
    5:45pm ? Tree Lighting Ceremony with Mayor Walkup at the Joel D. Valdez Main Library - Jácome Plaza.
    6:00pm ? PARADE BEGINS.

We are not obligated to be at the Festival, but we need to be in parade position (info to follow soon) by 5:00

6. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    would the wookie be willing to wear a santa coat and hat for this?

7. hal9k1

hal9k1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2003
    What about Vader? Then it would be a Merry Sithmass.

8. jedirevan1

Mar 4, 2006
    Has a meeting time and place been decided on yet? Sorry to keep bugging about this, but I'm trying to get everyone down here organized for the trip.

9. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    The organizers whill send me an info packet by monday or tuesday

10. jedirevan1

Mar 4, 2006
    Ok, thanks DSJ. :)

11. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    I called today and will get a packet of info on wednesday.

Any volunteers to carry the banner? We need two, one on either side. Its out banner, with red rope light around it, on a wood frame. Preferrably wranglers or the non helmeted, although Id like the jedi with enough room to twirl a saber.

Frank have you officially extended an invite to ULtrasabers? If so what was their answer?

Jack can someone wear the Wookie if you dont want to? He's the biggest draw.

Head count so far:

Me-Vader
    Jack Quigon/wookie/wrangler
    Morgan-trooper
    Tina-Revan
    Frankie-Santa Nihilus
    Bob Dial-Dooku
    Damian-Red gaurd
    Gabe-Anakin
    Mike-Emporer
    Chris-Jango (yes he said it would be done)
    Jake-Jedi (scum)

Any wranglers going? Rebelmom? Marlena? Cat? Sierra Vista Brian?

I think we are going to have a blast, and this could become a traditon, expect to get mobbed!

12. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    oh yes, of course I will be there.. I thought that was a given. :)

13. jedirevan1

Mar 4, 2006
    SV Brian may have to work that day, not sure right now. He's in the middle of changing jobs. I do have another friend who's coming who might be interested in being a wrangler if needed. Jeannie sadly is just not physically able to do the walk.

14. Mugen

Mugen Jedi Padawan star 4

May 7, 2005
    I have asked the Ultra boys about coming, but alot has happened since then. I will ask again, and post as soon as I can.

15. _Anakin_Vader_

_Anakin_Vader_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 8, 2005
    I REALLY need to get a hold of Brian (the molding one, if there are more than one, I am kinda lost on that point) because he has my clasp for Mr. Palpy and I kindof really need it. I posted in the costume thread, but nobody has responded. Could someone PM some personal info (phone #, email, etc) on him so I can get a hold of him? And also on the subject of Palpatine, we do have all of the makeup, glue, and whatever else we need, right? I am not going to be able to get contacts in time, unfortunately. But the event is at night, so it shouldn't matter too much. And, as always, if all else fails, I just be a Jedi.

16. hopeful501st

hopeful501st Jedi Youngling

Apr 26, 2006
    Hey all!

Sorry I haven't been on the boards before (I registered MONTHS ago, just haven't gotten around to saying anything :p )

Anywho, I'm coming for certain with Tina, likely Jeanie, and maybe one other person that Tina mentioned.

I think I'm supposed to be suiting up as a Stormie (thanks to Dustin), but I'll be prepared to throw on a TFF T-Shirt an act as a wrangler if the armor doesn't work out.

Looking forward to trooping with you guys!

-Morgan

17. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    I'm working on a Jedi costume. If it is done by Sat, I will wear it (I'll need the boots, Dustin). If not, I'll wear the TFF Tshirt. I want to borrow a lightsaber too! I'm not picky about color or style or anything.

18. _Anakin_Vader_

Mar 8, 2005

19. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    Ok Mike, you dont need to freak out and post the same thing multiple times a day. Ill get ahold of Brian for you. I dont want to just throw out his number without his permission. Also keep in mind he decided to make this for you out of the kindness of his heart, and asking for no monetary compensation. So if its not done (the guy has like 10 projects going at a time). Dont give him a hard time. Plus it is a small detail that the general public wont dis you for not having it. Yes I have the make up, spirit gum etc, but I have not had time to try it, so when we do put you in it it wil be kind of a crash course. If anyone has more make up skills than I do please step forward, Aos are you going to have your saber or a cane or want both? I can provid the cane, but honesltly we need as many sabers as we can get. Preferrably not toys (Bylars we will supply you).

What size did you need rebel mom? I forgot.

20. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Ladies size 9

21. _Anakin_Vader_

Mar 8, 2005
    Sorry if I sounded all mean and stuff. I know that this is a big favor that he is doing for me, and I really do appreciate it. Things have just been stressful for me, and I'm losing it. I had talked to Brian a couple weeks ago, and he said it was almost done. I saw him at the Tucson Mall pcking up his daughter, so we didn't really have much of a chance to talk.

And I'm a little confused as to who you are addressing (in the red). I don't have a cane, if you are talking to me about my costume, I was planning on using a red saber, maybe Jack's Vader FX if I remember right.

22. thatsMISTERwookiee

thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2005
    Yeah, the more I think about it I believe I did offer the Vader MR saber to you at November's meeting. Just remember, NO DUELING!

Guess I'd better put batteries in it and make sure it still works.

23. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    Yes I was still talking about you.
    and this is a god reminder! FRESH BATTERIES! I want us looking as bright as possible for this.
    Looke like the Ultrasabers guys might not make it since they are slammed with the Christmas rush. That being the case, can anyone who has a MR lend someone in costume who does not have one. I have a green ROTJ Luke I have offered to BYlar. Preferrably, Id like to avoid the toys so we can dazzle the crowd. Please lend a saber just for the event! Especially those with at least two or more.

Here is our stagin info. We are Entry #1405. wE ARE STAGING ON 14TH ST BETWEEN 6TH AND 5TH AVE. Here is a map (I have also posted it into the Photobucket site.)

[image=http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a322/TucsonFanForce/Random%20TFF%20Pictures/LightParadeMap.jpg]

We need to be there no later than 4:30!!!

Also we need volunteers to carry the banner (it will take two)
    I also have a posterboard sign I printed up if someone wants to take it.

Here is alink to a parking map. Looks like the closest parking to us will be at 6th and 14th, so someone who can drop you off at the staging area will be best.

http://www.downtowntucson.org/cmsFiles/dt_parking.pdf

On a cool side note, I went into batteries Plus to price out an adapter and battery pack for the lighted banner, and it woul dcost around 100! But after talking tot he manager (who happened to be helping me) Ray, he offered to donate everything! I didnt ask or solicit him either! He is also putting it together himself to be picked up tomorrow!

Also do we want to have a radio strapped to the back of the banner for music?

24. jedirevan1

Mar 4, 2006
    Dustin,

Is there anywhere in particular you want to meet at so Morgan can get into the armor?

25. hal9k1

hal9k1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2003

[face_idea] I have Some MR sabers I can lend out.

Ep.3 Anakin/Vader MR(blue), Ep.V Vader MR(red), and EP.3 Mace MR(purple).

Just remember "break it U buy it". :oops:

Very cool @ the banner.