main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson DOWNTOWN LIGHT PARADE - Saturday December 9th

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by dialswiftjustice, Nov 3, 2006.

1. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    Sounds like we are all pretty much ready. See you all there!

2. Bylar

Bylar Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 4, 2006
    man i was gonna buy that double sunriders from them that i asked them to bring. after all as a soon to be ordained Jedi Minister, i can't be usin a toy anymore. i mainly use the toys so my kids don't feel gyped if i got an ultrasaber and they didn't cause lets face it to buy 3 at once.... ouchie. hmmm mabey a tax deductable charatable donation??? lol just kiddin everyone.
    o ya i got some battery operated strings of xmas lights (bright led's) one is white and 4 are colored. we are using 3 of the colored ones to hang aournd our necks, and the clear one can be used either on the banner if the rope light isnt enough or on the poster you made Dustin. that leaves one set of colored lights for someone to wear if they want.
    cant wait... we gonna be on tv? maybe news or something?? need lots of light on the banner and poster if thats the case WOOT!!!

3. dialswiftjustice

dialswiftjustice Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    I can definetly use the light on the poster, but I hate to say it, but light hanging around our necks might make us look kinda....un-starwars-ish. But thats my opinion. I know alot of others like the roller derby girls are doing the same thing, and I was hoping we would not go that route to avoid being confused with anyone else. After all no one is expecting Jedi and star wars in this parade, and a christmas lighted Jedi might be confusing.

Damian, mind if some meembers use some of you MR sabers since you have the most, if not thats understandable, we all know they are not toys. Also, if someone neeeds a saber they can carry vaders, he looks cool enough to go without.

4. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    It will be live on TV

Access Tucson?s production truck will be set up in our parking lot, in order to bring the parade live to Tucsonans. Join us, on site, Saturday, December 9th from 6-9pm and watch the parade go by. If you can?t make it, watch the action on Access Tucson channels Cox 99 and Comcast 74.

5. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    Thanks Damian! I just read this, so disregard my asking.

Eh, I am not that familiar with downtown anyone have a meeting place suggestion? we should meet somewhere to gear up as much as possible and then go to the staging area

6. Bylar

Aug 4, 2006
    k well mabey wrapped around our waist, but as long as we have an ultrasaber, there will be no confusion as to what we are lol. i was just trying to get as much light as possible on us so we stand out even more. i'm open to any and all suggestions. we can check it out prior to the event and see what everyone thinks.

7. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    Long as we remember we are doing this event to have fun, last year the organizers of the event passed out extra light lapel pins to the people in the parade to wear to make it even brighter. In any event we will have fun and enjoy ourselves.

8. hal9k1

hal9k1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2003
    Anyone have a Hard Disc recorder or VHS deck and cable that can tape the event?

9. JediObiKat

JediObiKat Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 15, 2006
    I think it would be great if some of you were nicely wrapped in Christmas lights. The point of a light parade is to have a much light as possible. Most groups wrap themselves in lights for the Chandler parade and it just makes you look more festive. So, while UltraSabers are very bright, I think wearing a strand of lights would be a great, too.

10. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    do you mean VHS at home.. yes.. Jake and I can tape it from home. As for taping it as we walk... the best we can do is to digitally video it with the camera. Not sure how big it would turn out, the camera is 4mp.

11. _Anakin_Vader_

_Anakin_Vader_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 8, 2005
    My saber is still unpresent and unaccounted for up at UltraSabers, so Im gonna need to borrow a red saber.

If you get a free split second could you check that for me Frankie? I understand you probably don't even have enough time on your hands to even breathe, but if at all possible, I would like to know about my saber. I haven't paid for it yet, I don't know how much its gonna cost for the upgrade. Ive PM'd and E-mailed my info to you a while ago, let me know if you need anything else. Thanks!

12. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    Good news per Frank! Ultratodd is coming down to march with us and bringing some loaners! Please be gentle with them and realize they are loaners, and he WILL get everyone one of them back intact.

As far as the double bladed sunriders destiny Steve, sounds like that is a special order they would nt fill unless paid for, so dont be crushed when it doesnt come!

As far as the lights on our persons, I know it is a light parade, but the streetside is not totally dark, some streetlights will be on, so we wont need to find a way to illuminate ourselves to be recognized, but this year the focus is to get our name out, be recognizibale, and participate in a unique Tucson event. I personally dont think Christmas light wrapped Jedi would be understandable to most. I personally dont like the idea and think it would look weird, but that is just my opinion. And Steve, yours, and yuor kids' Jedi costumes are among th ebest Ive seen , and I wouldnt cover them if I were you! Plus Ultrasabers is bringing extra sabers, so you would be able to carry two!

My father cant come unfortunatly, so Mike, Ill lend you his saber, but please take better care of it than my boots!

Ok, lets all meet at Armory park (refer to the map above and the parking map) we are going to have to change in the restrooms OF THE SENIOR CENTER and walk to our staging area (just a couple of streets away). Jedi and those that can arrive in costume can go on ahead and go directly to the staging area. AT THE STAGIN AREA LOOK FOR THE TUCSON POLICE EXPLORERS. teens in light blue police shirts. they will direct us into our spot, we are the 5th entry on 14th st.

Can I drop off the banner and sign with someone who can take it to the staging area?

Parking is going to be tough, get there early if possible. There MAY be parking fees, Im not sure. Im not going to recommend a specific parking place, just study the map and try to get there, this draw ALOT of people.

For those coming in from out of town, Id recommend taking Speedway from I-10 and go east, then take 5th Ave. south. Avoid taking Congress since it will be blocked off and congested.

leave early to get there on time, we dont start walking until 6, check in is 4:30

13. Bylar

Aug 4, 2006
    thanks for the compliments on our appearance. i'm honestly thinking of getting all the materials available to make more of our tabbords. if anyones interested in a pair like ours give a holler. it would be cool if all the Light Jedi in the group matched with those and belts and i even found some black belts for our Sith brothers who are still lost in the grip of the Darkside lol. well we shall see you all there. WOOT!!!! again even

14. JediObiKat

JediObiKat Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 15, 2006
    5th St. goes E/W...Do you mean Stone or 5th Ave?

15. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    Ave your right

16. jedirevan1

jedirevan1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 4, 2006
    About what time will everyone be at the park? We'll probably be up there very early anyway. I'm calling Frank in the morning around 9ish. We're just gonna spend the day up there.

17. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    Im going to try and be there no later than 3. Would some wraglers or Jedi mind coming to the senior center to help us gear up and then take the empty tubs to a car? The Empire will compensate you!

After the parade we just mingle take pics, but leave when we want. It the whole festial officially ends at 9, but we are not obligated to stay that long.Personally I think we shuold find a place to stand next tot he banner and be available for pics. I have no idea how long this is going to last, we just need to play it by ear! Anyone want to offer up their home to view the parade footage after? Cat? Hint Hint? Or go get some food?

18. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    Despite the maps, this is all really close together. We are only a steet away from armory park. Id recommend parking off of scott.

19. Mugen

Mugen Jedi Padawan star 4

May 7, 2005
    wow, the day has come...I am a little antsy in the pantsy about this event for some reason. It is a home town event that is long overdue...I guess I just miss you all, and love trooping with you. I think this is gonna be a blast.

A few things not only to remind you..but me as well.

*Batteries..lots of them.
    *comfortable insoles for youre boots
    *sounds silly, but dont forget your sabers!!!!!

if anyone wants to call me and meet up well before the event, I can work with you on twirling fundamentals with your sabers. Pm me for my number..awe heck with it :272-1357

this will be a night long remembered!! yay darkside!!!!

20. jedirevan1

jedirevan1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 4, 2006
    I'm really excited too!! Can't wait to see you guys. :) Frank I'll be calling you in a few so we can all hang out before the big event. :)

See you guys soon!!!![face_dancing]

21. firstsonofsolo

firstsonofsolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 2, 2006
    I will be midtown this afternoon and will have my Ultra-Nightwalker with me so someone call me so you can meet me to get it!!!!

-Chris

OH YEAH BY THE WAY I HAVE A NEW CELL PHONE ########## 520-664-8409

22. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    I'm sorry I didn't make it. I got my Jedi costume done, but I couldn't get downtown in time.

23. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    I taped it for the group. Sound quality was weird for the hosts for part of it, but other than that a great show!! Hope you all had a lot of fun. Sorry for the migraine ruining my walking and being there with all of you. I was there in spirit and watched the whole thing. You all looked like you had fun. I am so glad :)

24. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    I watched the parade as well. The sound was horrendous but it looked good.

25. hal9k1

hal9k1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2003
    we also made the ch.11 news, just for 3 seconds.