main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson DOWNTOWN LIGHT PARADE - Saturday December 9th

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by dialswiftjustice, Nov 3, 2006.

1. dialswiftjustice

dialswiftjustice Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    Did you happen to get it recorded?

I emailed you the pics to

2. jedirevan1

jedirevan1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 4, 2006
    Hey Guys,

Just wanted to drop a quick note and let ya know we made it home.:) That was a blast today!!!!![face_dancing]

3. Bylar

Bylar Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 4, 2006
    hey we waited at frys there for a while then came home. Frank, you ever answer your phone?? we called from our house and then from frys when we couldnt find your house and had to leave messages each time so sorry guys. i shoulda wrote the darn address down like i wanted to lol. well the kids were a bit disappointed but i told them we would see you all at the xmas party and that seemed to cheer them up a bit. we had a great time and hey can we get a copy of that tape of the parade?? k well we will see you all at the party.

May The Force Be With You and With Us All

4. thatsMISTERwookiee

thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2005
    A couple of glitches with the banner, but other than that, the parade was FANTASTIC! We DEFINITELY have to do this again next year. The head rush from hearing all of those people cheering and screaming was exhilerating, to say the least.

5. Mugen

Mugen Jedi Padawan star 4

May 7, 2005
    Bylar, sorry about that, I didnt hear my phone both times...I think I may have left it in the back room or something. We can do it again sometime...if you bring Coca-Cola [face_dancing] thanks for everyone's support and attendance to this event. It was a huge success and really got our name out there. I believe that we got the most accurate well spoken introduction than anyone out there. Thanks Old School and crew for coming down, especially Mandalore...you're assistance with the whole event completely saved ALL our rear ends. Dusty, thanks for the pizza, and bringing me a Coke!!! [face_batting] and thanks to everyone who came by the house, we will have to do some more get togethers there.

I had a blast, and I thank you all.

6. hopeful501st

hopeful501st Jedi Youngling

Apr 26, 2006
    Hey all, had a great time at the parade! That was totally worth waiting for, although I'll try to tone it down a bit the next time per Frankie's suggestion [face_peace]

Anywho, will you guys be posting the pictures from the event, or e-mailing them to specific people? If it's the later, could you guys send them to me puh-lease?

My e-mail addresses are as follows:

scottgrayson17792@hotmail.com

scottgrayson17792@yahoo.com

And my MySpace address is http://www.myspace.com/morganbenton

Thanks in advance guys!

-Morgan

7. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    Just sent he pics Morgan, there arent many as we were walking, and couldnt stop to take them, but the video was awqesome. I will have copies burned as an X-mas gift to you all at the party.

The parade was an awesome expereince, You coul dtell the crowd didnot expect vader, Chewy or Jedi/Sith in it! We heard silence until we turned the corner then the kids and the crowd erupted! Morgan dont change or tone down bro, you workin the crowd was awesome.

Sorry for making the banner so heavy. When it was dont, I didnt think it was that bad, but carrying it I realized I misjudged. Next year, it will roll, or we will. Otherwise when it did work I think it looked good.

Thanks to the Bylar ministry for carrying the signs We got a great shot of the little sign on camera to. You guys also looked great. All the other banner carrying groups didnt have anything as dynamic.

Sierra VIsta Outpost, you guys rocked, thanks for helping us out, especially Brian who made it possible for Morgan and I to finish the walk with our costumes intact!

8. jedirevan1

Mar 4, 2006
    It was our pleasure to come up there and troop with you guys. Even though we live way down in SV, we still consider ourselves part of the TFF. :)

I have to agree with all that the parade was a BLAST!! The crowd was pretty quiet until they saw Vader and the crew come around a corner. [face_dancing]

Dustin thanks for feeding us afterwards, and Jack thanks for the Gatorade and water!!=D=
    And to my fellow Old School brother, Frank, thanks for having us and letting hang out before and after the parade. I agree we all need to get together more often. Steve, you and the kids looked great. It was great to finally meet you guys.
    Though, I think if we do a float next year, I'd still like to walk. The ability to interact with the people, especially the kids, was the awesome.

Hopefully, Morgan and I will see you guys at the Christmas party. As far as I know, there's no family stuff going on. But I'll let you guys know for sure in a couple days.

9. Bylar

Bylar Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 4, 2006
    we had the greatest time. that was the first parade my kids were ever in and it will leave great memories for them to tell as they grow up. that means more to me than anything. i will always do my best to be there for the group and its members regardless of the role i have to fill in doing it. my humble thanks to each and every one of you.

10. hal9k1

hal9k1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2003

Lord Vader.....If U send me da pics I will post them to the website if U wish.

-->I have 5 things to say @ the light parade?.

1. Without Brian we all would have fallen apart in public. Killer job taking care of us!

2. Thanks to Bylar and the family for always being great sports, you guys seem to get stuff "dumped" on you by us helmeted troopers. Great teamwork!

3. Thanks for Sierra Vista guys for driving up, hope it was worth the trip to ya, we really appreciated it.

4. I got to admit, loved the ?rocking? stormtrooper! Reminded me of the excitement I felt the first time I all put on armor or any ?costume?.

5. Darth Revan wins the ?I can't see a thing in this helmet? award, great armor BTW!

11. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    So should I start the planning thread for next year???? Im thinking something that does not look like just a decorated flatbed with lights. Even though its a Holiday parade, everyone else will be doing that. We were dynamic becuase we were not the norm , or expected in the parade.
    And no flowers. I will boycott and not appear in the parade, unless its the death of padme funeral theme!! [face_skull]

Here are some things people have done in the past! Im thinking we should start drawing the ideas up to secure that best non-profit entry award

[image=http://salval.typepad.com/photos/art_car_parade_2005/img_0047.JPG]

Here's a simple addition to a car
    [image=http://www.laughingplace.com/files/WDW100MGMParade/P05-3.jpg]

Next year I want this! Lets invite the DSG!
    [image=http://loadedmouth.com/images/capt.flwd10106042006.star_wars_parade_flwd101.jpg]

12. jedirevan1

Mar 4, 2006
    We should definitely invite the DSG, and, if their interested, the Phoenix Fan Force possibly. The more, the merrier. :) Alright, start the 07' planning thread because you guys know with enough time, we could come up with a great float.

Speaking of the DSG, should I submit my Revan for consideration? What do the resident 501st guys think?

And Damian, from one "I can't see a thing in this helmet" to another, I accept your award. And I'd like to thank all the little people who made it possible to wear it, and not kill myself while doing it.

13. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Yes! It is very good, it will get you in with no problem I should think.

14. Mandalore69

Mandalore69 Jedi Youngling

Jul 11, 2006
    Thanks for all the kind words guys. Glad I could be there to help. Hopefully I will get more oppurtunities to show you guys some love.

Brian

15. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    Here is the rebroadcast schedule and who on what awards:

Watch the television rebroadcast!

Thanks to all who participated in the 12th annual 2006 Downtown Parade of Lights & Festival. To watch a television rebroadcast of the parade, tune in to Access Tucson Channels Cox 99/Comcast/74 on these dates:

Saturday, December 16 at 6pm & 9pm.
    Sunday, December 17 at 8pm & 11pm.
    Saturday, December 23 at 8pm.
    Sunday, December 24 at 10pm.
    Monday, December 25 at 8pm.
    Saturday, December 30 at 8pm.
    Sunday, December 31 at 10pm.

Parade WinnersCongratulations to the winners of the 2006 Downtown Parade of Lights entry competition.

Grand Marshal?s Award (Best Entry Overall)
    - ParkWise
    Presidio Award (Best Business Entry)
    - Two Men and a Truck
    Old Pueblo Award (Best Non-profit Entry)
    - Fruchthendler Firebird Save Chapter
    Bright Horizon Award (Best Youth Entry)
    - John Valenzuela Youth Center
    Pioneer Award (Best Use of Historical or Cultural Theme)
    - Guadalupanas Santa Monica
    Holiday Spirit Award (Best Use of Lights)
    - Old Nogales Summit Neighborhood
    Harmony Award (Best Musical Group)
    - Apache Middle School Marching Band

16. thatsMISTERwookiee

Nov 12, 2005
    The funny thing is, my left arm doesn't hurt from carrying the sign, but my right forearm is sore from swinging the lightsaber around.

17. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    http://www1.macys.com/campaign/parade/float.jsp?dst=float

how to build a float

I personally think Mustafar is a good idea, but not generally recognizable tot he public unlinke the death star (that at least looks futuristic)

I think we should do a half and half float, and make one half Hoth, maybe with a crashed speeder, or an icy archway with a hanging rebel trooper!

We can make the other half Mustafar that way we homage both trilogies

or we make a multileveled float with several battles going on at once!! ;-)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qToGpUMl3Bk

18. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    I just uploaded the footage to youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcZ1Kuz_mqg

19. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    just realizedd i never uploaded the pics
    http://s14.photobucket.com/albums/a322/TucsonFanForce/Holiday%20Light%20Parade%202006/

til now!

20. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Can almost hear what he's thinking....

[image=http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a322/TucsonFanForce/Holiday%20Light%20Parade%202006/100_2396.jpg] "Wha? Pretty lights. Wookiee like."

[image=http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a322/TucsonFanForce/Holiday%20Light%20Parade%202006/100_2402.jpg] "Ouch! Burned fur. Bad pretty light. Wookiee mad, Wookie not like you any more."

8-}

21. thatsMISTERwookiee

Nov 12, 2005
    So, when did Chewbacca start talking like the Incredible Hulk?:confused: [face_thinking]

22. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    I've assumed Wookiee speak was like that when translated into English (basic). Chewie spoke in shorter sentences then the dialog he was supposed to be saying as well as assuming most of the language was done in vocal inflections over proper whole English sentences. Wookiees seem very ?no nonsense? and "to the point" types so I assumed the language was also.

Maybe I'm just looing too much into it.

23. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Anyone know the exact dates and times for the halloween gig at Reed park and the hospital and light parade?

I have to request off very much in advance so I can have coverage if I want to do any of this stuff.