main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson DOWNTOWN PARADE OF LIGHTS 12/08/2007!!

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by dialswiftjustice, Sep 1, 2007.

1. dialswiftjustice

dialswiftjustice Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    Alrighty its been announced! Its going to be the same route:

http://www.downtowntucson.org/downtown_parade_of_lights/

Start Time is 6:00pm

For those that dont kow what this is, The Tucson Parade of Lights is the yearly tradition where clubs, organizations, and businesses can enter as walkers or with floats, or even just decorated vehicles, and we walk downtown. It has a pretty big draw, and last year we made a splash just be being there with only lightsabers and a banner!!

This is another great opportunity to show we are a local public club that participates in community events. We had costumed and non-costumed walkers. The Downtown Alliance just wants light, and as much as possible. As walkers last year we had more than anyone else with our numerous sabers and decorated jedi's! So, what do you all think? Want to do it again? I do!

2. hal9k1

hal9k1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2003
    Well, I"m not working so if we (as a group) do this I can make it

3. thatsMISTERwookiee

thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2005
  4. Mugen

Mugen Jedi Padawan star 4

May 7, 2005
    I may be working 3 days in the middle of the week now. T-W-T, from 5-9pm. So as of now, I may not be able to make it...but I'll find out for ya, for sure.

5. PikeKrzoick

PikeKrzoick Jedi Youngling

Oct 15, 2006
    I wanted to join all of you on this one last year, but Willcox's light parade was the same night. If they fall on different nights this year, I'll try to be there with you. I'll let you know for sure when I find out.

6. Bylar

Bylar Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 4, 2006
    yes myself and my 2 kids are definately in for the parade (all 3 Jedi)

we had such a fun time last year.....even with the sign issues lol

7. _Anakin_Vader_

_Anakin_Vader_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 8, 2005
    I'm most likely in.

Frankie, are you still in touch with Ultra Sabers? This is such a great event that they could promote themselves as well.

8. firstsonofsolo

firstsonofsolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 2, 2006
    I am so there!

9. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    Yep Frank has already asked them and they have expressed interest.

10. thatsMISTERwookiee

Nov 12, 2005
    I said I would be here, and I will.

11. Zedd

Zedd Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 20, 2007
    While I totally disagree with your new signature, I am glad that you will be coming!

12. thatsMISTERwookiee

Nov 12, 2005
    Can't say I'm overly thrilled with the "people are stupid" part of your signature, but hey, it is YOUR SIGNATURE, and how one wishes to address the world is entirely up to the individual.

13. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Flaming, baiting, derailing a thread with off topic remarks and insulting each other on a public message board isn't going to help the situation. You both have access to each other's Private Message box and probably email, phone numbers, etc.

14. thatsMISTERwookiee

Nov 12, 2005
    Thank you so very much for all of that pertinant information, Honorary TFF Member Hope, amd if I ever see any evidence of some one flaming, baiting, derailing a thread with off topic remarks and insulting each other on the CHARLOTTE public message board, I will be sure to notify you immediately since you are the Chapter Representative of the Charlotte FanForce.

Here in Tucson, we happen to have our OWN Chapter Rep, a fine fellow that goes by the name of Chris Jackson, which is only appropriate, since that happens to be his name, and if I notice any of the aforementioned actions taking place on the TFF threads, please rest assured that I will immediately inform him, so that he may take care of any issues here.

Thanking you again for your concern...

15. Zedd

Zedd Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 20, 2007
    No worries people, as per request, I believe the issue is resovled via PMs.

By the way, my signature quote about people being stupid is from my favorite book series from which my name (Zedd) comes from: The Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind.

16. thatsMISTERwookiee

Nov 12, 2005
    Mike, in all the confusion over the past 24 hours, you never said whether you have changed your status from "likely to go" to "going for sure". Any change, amigo?

17. Zedd

Zedd Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 20, 2007
    Not really, but am 99% sure that I can go. I save the 1% for emergencies, etc. but everyone pretty much always does that, right?

18. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    if we are serious about doing this, Ill put inthe application her eis the solicitation email:

The Downtown Parade of Lights is looking for quality entries for this year?s parade, taking place on Saturday, December 8. Now in its 13th year, this Tucson holiday classic is one of Downtown?s biggest annual events, drawing more than 30,000 participants and spectators to the streets. Families, companies and organizations of all kinds are encouraged to participate. Prizes will be awarded to the best entries. Come celebrate the holidays in the streets of Downtown. Join the Downtown Parade of Lights!

Parade Info
    The Downtown Parade of Lights & Festival takes place on Saturday, December 8, 2007 at 6pm, and is brought to you by the Downtown Tucson Partnership and City of Tucson. A festival at Armory Park begins at 4pm. View a map of the parade route online.

19. thatsMISTERwookiee

Nov 12, 2005
    Need to keep this on the front page for awhile longer.

20. Zedd

Zedd Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 20, 2007
    Bump.

This event is in a week and a half people!

21. padumavati

padumavati Jedi Youngling star 1

May 30, 2007
    Where does the group meet and at what time for this event? :)

22. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    this one is less than a week away :)

23. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    I would recommend meeting at Damians house if he'll allow it, if you would like a central meeting place, otherwise try and park as close to Armory Park as possible. Armory Park is the end point, where the festival will be held
    Here is a parking map. Id get there early. We can change in the senior center again, but be prepared to store your tubs in someones car as it is not a secure building. I will bring the Jeeop with rom for about three tubs if someone wants to throw theirs in with mine.

http://www.knowyourwaydowntown.info/parkmap.html

For those coming in out of town, remember the freeway is CLOSED, for getting downtown and to take the frontage rd.

http://www.downtowntucson.org/downtown_parade_of_lights/

24. firstsonofsolo

firstsonofsolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 2, 2006
    The parade starts at 6pm we need to be ready by 5pm so if you plan on changing figure 4-4:30.

25. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    by ready, that means COSTUMED AND IN POSITION!