main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Vancouver dp4m's West Coast Adventure...

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by dp4m, May 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Heya all -

I'll be hitting the West Coast for ~2 weeks of fun and work. I plan to try and view ROTS in all of the cities I will be visiting with the relevant Fanforce chapters there, if possible.

So, I'll be in the Vancouver/Burnaby region the week of June 20th for work. I'll be working somewhere in the Vancouver area, wherever my company has their development center.

Anyone up to take a NYC boy to the best movie theater showing ROTS in he area?

2. TIEPilot051999

TIEPilot051999 Jedi Master star 7

Mar 27, 2002
    *waves hand eagerly* :D!

3. dooku-ca-choo

dooku-ca-choo Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 5, 2004
    It would be a pleasure. If you're really lucky we'll even have weather that will resemble summer during your time here. ;)

4. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Last time I was there (1997) during the summer it was gorgeous weather and I almost stopped at UBC to pick up girls in bikinis heading down to the water via hitchiking... ;)

5. dooku-ca-choo

Jun 5, 2004
    Ya, when the weather is good, the scenery is nice--especially around the beaches and the seawall. The problem is it changes more often than Padme in TPM.

6. TIEPilot051999

Mar 27, 2002
    Last time I was there (1997) during the summer it was gorgeous weather and I almost stopped at UBC to pick up girls in bikinis heading down to the water via hitchiking...

Sneaky. ;)

7. Sister_Sola

Sister_Sola Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2002
    Sounds like fun dp4m (well the RotS part anyway, I'll pass on the chicks)!

8. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I think my girlfriend would also prefer I pass on the chicks this time... :p

9. dooku-ca-choo

Jun 5, 2004
    Party pooper.

10. TIEPilot051999

Mar 27, 2002
    Yeah. How is she gonna find out? ;)

11. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Meesa here!

So how does Thursday work for folks? Tuesday and Thursday are my best days, but I can swing whatever.

I've also been informed "You must go to Tojo's" -- sounds good to me. What should I expect for a bill there?

12. Master_Ikrik

Master_Ikrik Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2004
    what you talking about Alex, you couldn't get a girl to save my life, or your life for that matter.

13. TIEPilot051999

Mar 27, 2002
    How funny. Tuesdays and Thursday's aren't that great for me. Unless you're willing to come to Coquitlam.

14. dooku-ca-choo

Jun 5, 2004
    [dp4m]: "I've also been informed "You must go to Tojo's"..."

Never been there myself, but judging by the menu I'd say it ain't cheap to say the least.

As far as the day goes, I can usually make myself available any evening depending on notice and travelling time. Speaking of which, where would be the most convenient place for you to go in the lower mainland (ie. downtown, Burnaby, Coquitlam, etc.)?

15. Sister_Sola

Nov 19, 2002
    Welcome dp4m!

Tuesday or Thursday evening works for me too.

I notice it got sunny today at long last - thanks for bringing the good weather with you!

16. Azeria_Jade

Azeria_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2001
    I have provincials on tuesday, but thursday works if we're all planning something.

17. Jedi_Ulic_Qel-Droma

Jedi_Ulic_Qel-Droma Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 9, 2002
    Tojo's is the best Japanese Restaurant in Vancouver.. I believe the best way to enjoy this place is to try the OMasake. But that runs from $50 - $100 per person. If you go to the Omasake Bar where CHef Tojo is at, the bill would run above $120, but it will be the best japanese meal of your life. But you can try the four course omasake for $50 from a regular table. Reservations are highly recommended.

But from my experience, you cant go wrong with this place. (I go here about once a month..hehe). If you have any other dining questions around Vancouver, feel free to ask me. I work in the industry and obviously, I love eating out!!! :D

18. Sister_Sola

Nov 19, 2002
    So what day is best for everyone? Would Wednesday work better perhaps?

19. dooku-ca-choo

Jun 5, 2004
    Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday will work for me.

20. Jedi_Ulic_Qel-Droma

Jedi_Ulic_Qel-Droma Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 9, 2002
    My days off are Thursdays and Fridays for the entire summer....

21. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I think TIE bribed my coworkers. I'll be working the Thursday evening shift (read: graveyard) so Wednesday is looking better now. ;)

Lemme know when/where to be and if I need to give rides to anyone!

22. Sister_Sola

Nov 19, 2002
    Okay let's go with what works best for you dp4m, since you're limited by work and travel time (i.e., leave Van on Friday).

Sounds like Wednesday works for dooku-ca-choo (Rudy) and me as well. Don't know about Alex (TIEPilotetc.) or others?

Showtimes:

- SilverCity Metropolis - 7:35 and 11pm - 7:35pm is the obvious choice

- SilverCity Coquitlam - 7:10 & 10:30 or 7:40 & 10:50

If we choose Coquitlam I'll need a ride if that's okay (but I'm on the way to it, and Rudy could possibly meet up with me at Lougheed Mall Skytrain and get a ride too? Just a suggestion).

dp4m - choose which one works best for you and let us know where and when we should meet you tomorrow.

23. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    The 7:35 at the Metropolis sounds good, which is funny considering I'm working in Burnaby and have an afternoon meeting back in downtown Vancouver. :D

24. Azeria_Jade

Azeria_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2001
    If it's Wednesday I can't make it, sorry. I have to work that evening. Have fun everyone!

25. dooku-ca-choo

Jun 5, 2004
    Wednesday at Metropolis for the 7:35 show works for me. Anyone wanna meet up early, at say 6:00-ish?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.