main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Dr Evazan and Ponda Baba

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by CoolyFett, Jul 6, 2015.

1. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    I think Rebels is a perferct opportunity to flesh out these two characters. The thing that made TCW great to me was the non Republic non Separatist characters. The bounty hunters, pirates, scoundrel type of characters. We dont see tons of it in the complete saga films, but it was showcased in TCW. When I think of OT characters that could fall under the non Empire non Rebellion category, other than Boba Fett and Greedo, I have to look at these two guys. Who are they? What do they represent? Anyone else fans of these 2 guys from episode 4?

cwustudent likes this.
  2. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    I second wanting to see those two in Rebels; it certainly would be intereresting to have them appear on the show and maybe delve into their backstory a bit (perhaps especially since the one established in the old EU is void now).

CoolyFett likes this.
  3. The Wampa Lover

The Wampa Lover Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 6, 2014
    I would love to have them expanded upon, especially since they made it to where Evazan dies in A New Hope. I could see them working for someone (Azmorigan, maybe?) And working to intercept something that may be valuable to their boss. This could also lead to them recieving their death sentences, if those weren't just buffs.

CoolyFett likes this.
  4. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    I wonder what Evazan has a doctorate in?

But I wouldn't like to see them show up. They don't need every minor character from the films turning up.

That would be like doing a series set before the Prequels, and expecting Elan Sleazebagganno to turn up.

5. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    It's hard to tell in ANH whether he dies or is just wounded enough to stop attacking Obi-Wan. The EU at least kept him alive - but I don't know if the newcanon will.

6. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Plus if I found out that my opponent is a Jedi Knight, I would definitely stop attacking.

Iron_lord likes this.
  7. The Wampa Lover

Aug 6, 2014

As per the Ponda Baba page in the Databank, Cornelius was killed. Personally, I wish he wasn't, as then he could be in other things like the tale he had in Tales from Mos Eisley Cantina or his appearence in the Galaxy of Fear book. I've read his tale, but not the Galaxy of Fear one. Regardless, they could of done something with him, whether it be similar to his later appearences in the EU or not.

8. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    If the Kenner toys are anything to go by, I wonder if Ponda Baba is a Beatles fan.

9. The Wampa Lover

Aug 6, 2014

Well, I haven't watched the scene in a while, but I think I remember him saying, "Goo goo g'joob!"

darklordoftech likes this.
  10. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Scrotum mouth had a hernia which the good doctor will take care in Rebels, and it will feature Lando smuggling medical supplies and smiling a lot.

11. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Yea kinda like a do over for them, but an expansion on them as well.Their scene in episode 4 is a classic!