main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive Dr. Noah (Star Wars . . . 007 style)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Dubya_Scott, Jun 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Mitch Nifesta

"We activate the jammer. " Carfax replied, fumbling for a handheld device and thumbing it on. There was no noticeable effect, but without knowing what was being jammed, Mitch wouldn?t be able to quantify the effects anyway. "Safety first, mate."

Markus looked around speculatively. "Secure the room, but leave some droids intact. I have an idea."

?Roger that.?

Mitch moved to the nearest set of droids, warily ducking and diving out the way as their outstretched blaster hands swayed towards him, as if they were tracking his movements.
    He plucked the blasters out of their hands whenever he went up to one. Their outstretched arms still swung to follow him, like the petals of a flower turning to follow the Sun?s passage across the sky, but without their guns, they were impotent.

Mitch moved onto the next one.

Tag: XANA team, XANA

2. Dubya_Scott

Dubya_Scott Jedi Master star 5

Jun 11, 2002
    IC: Europa Kapanen
    XANA Base

She, too, slid the night-vision goggles over her face when the lights went out. The young blonde reached out and grabbed the line that dangled down through the hole. She slowly made her way down the line and touched the floor of the next level down. She watched as the green silhouettes of her teammates moved around. "What do you need me to do?" Europa asked, looking from Nifesta to Carfax.

TAG: XANA Team and XANA...

3. Imperial_Hammer

Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 25, 2004
    IC: XANA

XANA was displeased. His house was falling around upon him. All because of MI-5 and their team!

His basement forces were being jammed. Its only now that he regretted skimping on the communication systems for the Version 1s. But who really had access to such powerful jamming technologies? A resentment welled up inside XANA, mad that he had not foreseen this turn of events.

Ah well, he still had his basement forces. And his small auxiliary generator in the basement, which he kept right by his person. No doubt MI-5 would figure it out when the heavy blast doors to the basement were still operational.

And his version twos, albeit small in number, would provide the firepower and reliability that would serve as his last stand.

TAG: Teal

4. LightWarden

LightWarden Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 11, 2001
    Damaya Tadro
    XANA's base

"Secure the room, but leave some droids intact. I have an idea."

?Roger that.?

As Mitch left the room, Damaya spoke to Markus.

"Well darlin', looks like everythin' is goin' accordin' t' the plan. Our opponent has activated his back-up generator just as we expected. When you have a limited power source, you've got t' pick the things that are most important t' you. And accordin' t' him, his most important systems are right..."

She pointed at the floor.

"...down there. Of course, he's got a few larger droids protectin' him, but there are ways of dealing with that."

She smiled.

"And Ah think Ah have a pretty good idea as t' what you're plannin'."

"What do you need me to do?" asked Europa.

"You see darlin', these droids lack even the basic processor found in the most simple of labor droids. Instead, they operate based off a remote processor, which is a central control unit that broadcasts orders t' the droids in range. It makes it much easier t' coordinate movements as a unit, and it also cuts down costs, as the droids only need t' be equipped with a remote receiver instead of a full processor. Of course, if the droid only has a remote receiver, then when it can't receive a signal from the remote processor, it simply shuts down. This sort of event occurs when the processor's transmitter is damaged or destroyed, the droids move out of range, or... if the droids enter a strong enough jammin' field. If the Quartermaster's toy is as powerful as Ah requested, then simply walkin' within range of the droid with the jammer activated should be enough t' shut it down. But if our resident technicians have a few tricks up their sleeves, we might be in for somethin' even more interestin', especially if they can make that jammer work in a particular way."

She turned to face Europa.

"If you don't mind darlin', could you please fetch Major Boothroyd from the speeder? His technical knowledge might come in handy in a few minutes."

TAG: Markus, Europa, anyone else

5. Livi-Wan

Livi-Wan Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    Markus Carfax, Alexei Vikenti
    XANA power generator room
    Suffer, fleshy ones

Markus nodded absently at Europa as he went over to investigate the droids that Mitch had disarmed. Behind him, Alexei was using his rifle to trip the droids, blind in the darkness, and take away their guns. As the hacker had planned, without XANA's signal they were just so much scrap metal. That was, unless somebody else decided to give them a different signal...

Working as fast as he could, Markus took out his portable multitool, opened the casing of the droid and fiddled around inside, rewiring the reciever to take signals from a different source; in this case his datapad. As long as this droid stayed inside the jammer's radius it would obey commands from Carfax and Carfax alone. It wasn't just XANA who could use droids to his advantage.

Whistling tunelessly to himself, Markus moved onto the next one. Pretty soon he'd have a regular robot army.

[TAG XANA, XANA team]

6. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002
    IC: Europa Kapanen

"Yes, ma'am," she said, nodding. She climbed back up the rope, through the hole and headed back for the building's entrance. Approaching the old man in the speeder, Europa said, "Alright, Boothroyd, it's time to show us what you've got."

TAG: No one in particular...

(ooc: be back with Boothroyd in my next post.)

7. Livi-Wan

Sep 29, 2002
    OOC: I'm going to be away on Tuesday and Wednesday. The things I've set Markus up to do should run uninterrupted until then anyway but if anything disastrous happens just keep him alive and carry him along with the story, ok?

Ta,
    Livi

8. LightWarden

Oct 11, 2001
    OOC: Wow, wouldn't it be funny if no one actually posted on Tuesday or Wednesday? Anyways, I still haven't sorted my situation with the net, so expect my posting to be... well, around its regular rate.

In other news, if you haven't spoken to me about our next game, it might be a good idea to get a word or three in as I flesh out the plotline. I have a great deal of material laid out, but I'm always open to tailoring it for your interests. Espionage is the name of the proverbial game, so think sneaky. Also, I'm probably going to limit the number of players to avoid the massive hemorrhaging we experience mid-game as it would make absolutely no sense. Still doesn't mean that there's no room for cameos and tag-along segments of the game, but expect the core of it to be limited in for real in-game reasons as well as GM reasons. Actually, expect multiple things to be limited for both in-game and out-of-game reasons... I will be doing some shaking with your vodka martini.

[b]Girraki, Raya O?jaraka[/b]

[i]"Oh. Yes. Who-sa might you-sa be?"[/i]

"My name is Raya O?jaraka, and the kid's name is Girraki. Pleased to meet you."

"Most exultant!" said the blue-skinned humanoid.

"Kid, go pick up our guests and take them back to the ship."

"With effort at the maximum!" he said, saluting and heading into the back of the shuttle.

"Hipparra wants them moved to a safer location. Doctors orders and all."

She held out her hand, a comlink slowly rotating in the air above her palm.

"And before you ask the next obvious question, let's just say that we're familiar with the members of the Jedi Order working out here."

The comm suddenly dropped into her hand. She twirled it around one finger before tossing it to the Gungan Jedi.

"You might want to keep in touch. There are some strange people in this organization, no?"

Girraki emerged, Janus carried over his shoulder with one arm, Hipparra's organic bundle carried in the other.

"Call if you need anything. Come on kid, let's load up before Straight accuses us of slacking off in a hostile situation or something..."

"Your crime!"

"And who's going to believe you, kid?"

[b]TAG: Gruu, anyone outside the vessel[/b]

9. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002
    IC: Europa and Boothroyd
    XANA Base

The girl headed back into the building with the old man tagging along behind her. She approached the rope dangling through the hole in the floor, grasped the rope, and slid down to meet the others.

Boothroyd hesitated as he reached out to grab the rope. He was older and didn't have much strength in his arms and upper body. So when he slid down the rope, he slid a little too fast, causing his hands to burn. Then his feet hit the ground hard and there was a snapping noise in his ankles. "Ow..." he said under his breath as he blew on his burning hands.

TAG: XANA folks...

IC: Gruu
    Noah's Ark

Gruu caught the communicator and watched the two new people walk out with the Sith Lord. "Strange people in da organization," he muttered to himself. "You-sa ain't kiddin'." He then followed the two out of the ship.

TAG: Ark folks...

10. Livi-Wan

Sep 29, 2002
    OOC: I'm back! Looks like we didn't move along too much on the game, so I'll see who else posts and then try and move this along, okay?

Livi

11. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002

It had been five minutes since he had disarmed the last droid, and the fun and excitement had begun to pall.

"All droids disarmed," he relayed to Markus and Bossy Boots. "Now what?"

Tag: XANA group, XANA

12. Rilwen_Shadowflame

Rilwen_Shadowflame Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 27, 2005
    IC: Ruana Trebond

Ruana had been rather impressed by the Jedi woman's language. She hadn't thought Jedi knew how to swear, especially not to such a remarkable degree. Nevertheless, she concentrated on the injured person, feeling a mounting sense of frustration. There was so little she could do to help. The bandages, the other things, sure, but it wasn't enough.

Thus, Ruana looked up hopefully when another Jedi was introduced, Hipparra. "You are the healer, then?" She glanced down at the injured woman again, then back up at Hipparra. "We did what we could...I don't know as much about this sort of thing." A note of concern had crept into her voice. Ruana was quite obviously worried about the one the creatures had attacked- though, no doubt, her worrying thus over the fate of another, or even worrying about anything, might be surprising to some.

It was almost getting to be a habit. Odd, that. She shoved the musings over her attitude to this situation into the back of her mind. They could be dealt with later, when things weren't quite so pressing.

Tag: Hipparra, Enna, others on Cortania

13. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002
    OOC: Sorry. Had some real life things going on. Work, school, hockey, girls, friends... You know how it is. :p

Although, the game doesn't look like it's moved much. So I didn't miss anything.

14. Livi-Wan

Sep 29, 2002
    Markus Carfax
    XANA base

Markus looked up from the latest droid and saw that Nifesta had finished disarming the droids. Miraculously, he had managed not to destroy any of them.

"All droids disarmed," he said, coming towards them. "Now what?"

"Now I reprogram these droids to recieve signals from my datapad." the hacker replied, moving on to the next disabled 'bot. On the way, he noticed that Boothrotd had joined them. "With Boothroyd's help, if he'd stop standing around like a plonker and get to it."

color=teal][TAG XANA team][/color]

15. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Mitch Nifesta, SCRAMmed reactor

Standing in the dark, albeit shrouded in green light thanks to the night-vision goggles, Agent Nifesta realised why he felt uncomfortable.

He had no way of knowing what effect their actions were having on the enemy, if any at all; and their continuing vulnerability in Operation All-Eggs-In-One-Basket was beginning to gnaw at him.

Damaya had already explained why they had travelled here in the one craft; so as not to alert XANA to their approach.
    But, they were inside his edifice, shooting his defences; XANA ought to be alerted like a fragger by now
    So why were they still clumped together?

He started to raise his hand, then dropped it again, flushing under his mask.
    Aside from the embarrassment factor, if Markus and Damaya weren?t going to respond to a spoken query, they were hardly likely to react to the blurred green image of him putting his hand up.
    Then Markus surprised him by eventually responding to his query.

?Now I reprogram these droids to recieve signals from my datapad." the hacker replied, moving on to the next disabled 'bot. On the way, he appeared to notice Boothroyd?s presence. "With Boothroyd's help, if he'd stop standing around like a plonker and get to it. "

Now that he had the hacker?s attention, Mitch made his play:

?Request permission to check out the sewers; see if I can find another way into this drokker?s base??

Tag: Markus, team, XANA

16. LightWarden

Oct 11, 2001
    Damaya Tadro
    XANA's base

As Markus was working on one of the droids, Damaya moved to another, setting her case at her side. Popping the latches, she opened it slightly with one hand, and small object shot out and into her waiting palm. Closing the case, she stood back up, multitool in hand. Assuming you knew what you were doing, it wasn't too difficult to reconfigure a droid to accept a different signal. You just had to have a droid that wasn't trying to kill you, and a signal worth using. Now, she wasn't perfectly sure of what signal Markus would be using, but the Quartermaster had had told her of the Markus's usual operating range. Though even if she was incorrect, the worst that would happen would be that the droid was completely unusable to anyone. Well, that or if XANA managed to get within signal range and successfully guess the slicer's usual MOO, he'd gain a few more expendable minions. Well... it never hurt to check.

"Darlin', are you usin' the usual?" she asked, working on the droid.

?Request permission to check out the sewers; see if I can find another way into this drokker?s base??

"Might be difficult... this is the Vertical City, it's hard t' find anythin' big enough t' fit your arm, let alone your body... that and there seems t' be a large pitfall with one long drop on the floor below us. Still, nothin' much t' write home about, he's just attemptin' t' make a stand with a few of his larger friends... he doesn't have any power in the rest of the building, and he can't do anythin' other than exist until he deals with us."

She pointed at the droids.

"So since he's not inclined t' come t' us, it might be better t' put up some expendable labor before facin' him."

TAG: Markus, Mitch, anyone else

OOC: And since Mitch is apparently impervious to laser weaponary, superstrong, superfast, and incapable of staying dead in a conventional firefight, it might be helpful if you'd actually use your powers for good... set Mitch up as a speedbump and tank for the more mortal members of the group...

17. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002

The woman made sense in what she said, as she joined Markus in his efforts.

"Okay. So anything I can do to help?" He asked.

Tag: Damaya, Markus

18. LightWarden

Oct 11, 2001
    Damaya Tadro
    XANA's Base

"Okay. So anything I can do to help?"

"That depends... what can you do?"

TAG: Mitch

19. Livi-Wan

Sep 29, 2002
    Markus Carfax
    XANA base

Rewiring droids in semi-green darkness was tricky, Markus was rediscovering. Not that he couldn't do it- it would have hurt his pride too much to be less than competent in any area of electronics and he practiced regularly- it was just quite difficult to, say, cut the green wire when all the wires looked green. Fortunatley no cutting of wires was needed.

Damaya's voice eventually penetrated Markus' semi-Zen-like hacking reverie.

"Darlin', are you usin' the usual?"

Frag. That was what he'd been missing. He hadn't given Damaya or Boothroyd the signal to rewire the droids to. Feth on a speederbike.

"Yep." he replied, wincing at his own stupidity. "Assuming you know what my usual is."

He was vaguely aware of some sort of conversation having been going on while he was rewiring this droid. Something between Damaya and Mitch. Oh well, whatever it was it'd sort itself out.

[TAG XANA team]

20. Imperial_Hammer

Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 25, 2004
    IC: XANA

XANA was building something.

But he didn't know if it would work.

He had some time, and it was certainly precious.

There was that robot he was working on. Big thing. He hadn't figured out its propulsion system. Buuuuuut, if he just used those spare load lifter legs, he should be able to make that weapons platform mobile.

He just wondered if those legs would withstand the missile kickback. Calculations were mixed on the issue. He supposed he would just have to see.

His level 1s had just finished welding the struts on, and the connections were being worked on...

He ran through his checklist of what he would use to wipe out the agents.

He had his entourage of level 1s....

He had his group of hard-wired level 2s...

He had his personal level 3

And he had this new weapon that may or may not work...

He couldn't fight the feeling that he felt underarmed...

He looked around his place for more weapons parts...

TAG: Teal Team

21. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002
    IC: Boothroyd

"Rewiring droids," he stated as he moved toward one of the mechanical robots. Boothroyd reached into his coat, pulled out a datapad and brought up some data. He was MI5 personnel and had access to data on all agents.

Amongst the data, he found the correct frequency for Markus Carfax's datapad. He shoved the pad back into his coat and pulled out some small hand tools. Even though he was getting older, he still managed to keep a steady hand.

I would be difficult to work while looking through night-vision goggles, but, he'd have to manage. He opened up the droid and got to work.

TAG: XANA Team, XANA...

22. Rilwen_Shadowflame

Rilwen_Shadowflame Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 27, 2005
  23. LightWarden

Oct 11, 2001
    Damaya Tadro

As she closed up another droid, Damaya turned and faced the floor.

"Well, well..." she said, crouching down and pointing to a section of the floor.

"Looks like he's buildin' somethin'. Just doesn't know when t' give up."

She reached into her coat, pulling out one of the two EMP bombs that the quartermaster had given to them. She held it up.

"Anyone want t' do the honors?"

TAG: XANA team

24. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002

?That depends... what can you do??

Damaya?s matter-of-fact query stumped the enforcer. He liked to think that he was highly skilled in a number of areas, but it was a different matter to get called out on it.

Superfast, superspeed, can pilot a ship?

Ahead, the diffused light-green blur that he took to be the visored harridan, crouched down to the floor.
    ?Looks like he's buildin' somethin'. Just doesn't know when t' give up.? The coat she was wearing flapped aside as her two hands came up as if they had drawn something from inside her clothes.

?Anyone want t' do the honors?? She said.

Agent Nifesta frowned at her hands. The bright green of her hands melded in with the green of the spherical whatever-it-was she was holding. It could be an explosive, her pet Ball Creature, or a snow globe.
    For once in his life, the twi?lek decided to err on the side of caution.

?Define ?honours?.? he asked.

Tag: Damaya

25. LightWarden

Oct 11, 2001
    Damaya Tadro

?Define ?honours?.?

"Well, open another section of the floor over his head and toss a pleasantly large EMP through it. Of course, he's likely t' start shootin' rather than fall for this trick a third time, so if anyone possesses the ability t' manipulate objects from a distance, now would be the right time t' speak up. Otherwise..."

She jerked her thumb towards the droids.

"...it's expendable labor time."

TAG: Mitch

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.