main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Dr.Who

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Darth_Daver, Mar 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    Reasonably good, there was a moment there when I thought he was really going to walk away. Not the scariest of all time by a long chalk, Blink still holds that crown for me. Nice set up for the Xmas episodes with him believing that there is no one around to challenge his power.

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    BBC3 is showing it on Wed night from 8-9 PM. I might catch the repeat.

3. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Rewatched it. Pretty decent, but the highpoint was the Doctor at the end. For a minute there it was like he was starting to go a bit manic. Makes me wonder if we see some kind of Evil Doctor in the Xmas specials.

4. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    They already have an evil version, he's called The Master :p

5. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    The End of Time will be on Christmas Day at 6pm, with Part 2 following on New Year's Day at 6.40pm

6. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    Hey, BBC! That Doctor ident with the TARDIS locked in the snow is very nice and all... but I'm now fed up with it and would appreciate a second. Thx.

7. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Agreed. It was nice seeing it maybe once a day, but having it in front of 3 successive shows is a bit much.

Variety is the spice of life.

8. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    I don't remember people complaining when it was the disabled basketball players :p

9. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I like the Dr Who ident.

10. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    It's great the way he has a problem, and his solution is to enslave the free reindeer population. Crack that whip, Doctor, they're only dumb animals.

11. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    A good if somewhat bizarre episode.
    John Simm was once again very good, balancing the fine line between parody and seriousness.

I am curious as to what the ending means, although I'm sure it will be explained. Exactly how so many Time Lords suddenly appeared is not clear. I wasn't sure if it was something to do with what The Master had done or if they were simply returning to rectify it all.

12. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    For me, the episode was a very pinnacle of the travesty that RTD has become. I just wanna get Tennant's Doctor out the way and look forward. It's such a shame, as Tennant and Simm are superb actors, working with the most convoluted trash I've ever borne witness to.

I'd be surprised if we even get a regeneration.

13. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    What didn't you like about it?

14. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I've got to agree with bizarre, especially the head-shaking bit. I didn't hate the episode, but it won't be a favorite either. The second part should be interesting.

15. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    Not Impressed, I like the potential return of the Time Lords which could be as a result of Cain breaching the time lock and allowing some to escape the war etc... but I felt the Master's return was poorly handled and I had no idea what was going on for most of the time.

Roll on RTD leaving

16. orn-free-tada

orn-free-tada Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2001
    I thought it was kinda crap. But I seriously look forward to part 2

17. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    I think the return of the Time Lords is more likely to be in relation to what The Master did.

Although, if indeed RTD's idea is to erase the effects of the Time War so Moffatt can start like it never happned, then Skaro & Gallifrey may indeed return.

18. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    As long as there are Daleks it should be OK.

19. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Problem is that Daleks are over-used.

20. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    ...because if they are not used once a year then the deal with the Nation estate is broken.

21. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    No, they should have more Daleks.

22. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Like they had more Borg in Star Trek Voyager?

Yeah, that really worked o_O

Having the arch-enemy appear all the time and get defeated simply makes them look weak. The Daleks are meant to be feared powerful beings yet they continuously fail.
    Having a break of one series and maybe introducing them after that might be better. Otherwise the finale of the series becomes predictable.

23. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Not long to go now - just about 30 minutes til showtime. I caught a repeat of part 1 earlier on BBC1 as I ate lunch.

24. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    I'm so excited I'm sitting through Eastenders at the moment. Some over blown rubbish about a gay man getting married to a woman at the moment.[face_plain]

25. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I'm watching Tony Robinson's Worst Jobs in History on Discovery Knowledge but I'm keeping an eye on the clock. I couldn't stomach East Enders - I'm not a soaps fan.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.