main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Drabbles and Drabbles and Drabbles Oh My! [for the Ultimate Drabble challenge week 3 6/8 ]

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by thesporkbewithyou, Jul 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thesporkbewithyou

thesporkbewithyou Jedi Master star 4

Feb 13, 2005
    These drabbles were written in response to Zonoma's Ultimate Drabble challenege in resourse. They take place in no particular era, and I will attempt at using as many characters as possible, though will most likely wind up using the OCs that appear in the first set of drabbles.

Oh, and I kind of cheated on the last two. I think I have one word extra on each of them.

So, without further ado, I present to you Week 1.

Sit back, relax, and enjoy the show.

Beginnings

He watched as she ran into the street crying for help, the large bulge in her stomach about to deflate. But no one answered her. No one rushed to her aid.

Finally she collapsed on the road, her legs unable to support her anymore and he ran to her to give the aid no one else wanted to. He gently lifted the upper half of her body so it wasn?t resting on the ground, and encouraged her to push.

Soon, a baby?s wail filled the streets.

?It?s a boy!? he announced.

The new mother smiled, then closed her eyes forever.

Middles

The boy ran to his room then shouted, ?I hate you!?

He sighed heavily and wondered why he had ever taken in the orphaned boy. He wasn?t married, and didn?t know the first thing about children.

And yet...

Some unknown force had compelled him to take the newborn as his own. And he did love the boy, no matter how difficult he got.

He smiled to himself as sometime later he heard the sound of a door opening, and his ward crept down the stairs. The boy threw himself into his waiting arms, and sobbed.

?I love you,? he whispered.

Ends

?But I don?t want you to die!? the boy ?no, man- cried.

From his bed, he lifted a hand to stop his son?s protestations. As he studied his fully grown form, he couldn?t help but think back to the wailing baby he had fallen in love with. Their relationship had grown a lot since then.

?It is the will of the Force my son. Please, just accept it. Don?t make this any harder than it has to be.?

The man sighed, and the two stared at each other. Finally his eyes closed, and his last breath drawn.

?I love you.?

Firsts

He stormed out the door after his latest argument with his father, and ran to the one place he really felt comfortable in.

Why didn?t anyone understand him? Because if they did, then they would know why he did the things he did.

He sighed, then leaned against a tree and drew his knees under his chin. It wasn?t that he liked getting in trouble and having fights with his father; he just? didn?t know what else to do.

Suddenly, he heard a twig snap and he looked up as he felt a hand on his shoulder.

?Hello, I?m Nichal. Who?re you??

Lasts

Rouin felt buckled down by a sense of déjà vu as he tenderly held her limp form in his arms. His eyes desperately looked over her body for any signs of life. He refused to believe it?

His throat closed and he found it hard to breathe. Then, he realized that he didn?t want to. If this wasn?t some sick joke, then life wasn?t worth living anymore without her. He couldn?t bear living life as half a man.

He felt a gentle hand on his shoulder, and his son guided him away from her tomb.

?Let?s go dad.?

Edit: Edited for spelling, punctuation, and changed a name.

2. magehound

magehound Jedi Master star 4

Jun 4, 2006
    awwww...Beginings was so sad! Middles was very nice, and so much like a child! Endings was sad, in a meloncholy kind of way. The other two were very nice as well, i liked Last better though. Very good on these! :D

3. Alishu06

Alishu06 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2005
    Wow that was sad.

4. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    Really impressive, Sporky :eek: It's hard to believe someone could fit that much emotion into 100 words, but you did it (though I guess you did have 101 in a couple of them, so I guess that explains it :p). Seriously though, these are great :D Way to go! :)

5. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    He smiled to himself as sometime later he heard the sound of a door opening, and his ward crept down the stairs. The boy threw himself into his waiting arms, and sobbed.

:_| [face_love] Oh, that line really got me. Such a wonderful relationship you created between fathers and sons, it totally cancels out the extra words. :p Looking forward to your future sets!

6. mastermeg_0228

mastermeg_0228 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2006
    wow...i'm so happy to see something that i can comment on!:D I know i could always send a PM but oh well!

I loved Beginnings the most! You really conveyed the emotions of the woman in labor! And I loved the last line...so subtle yet precise! Wonderful work!

I love how Middles and Ends are connected by the last line yet so very different in their own way...you did a great job with these!

I loved the imagery in Lasts...the flashback was beautiful!

Terrific job with these, Sporky! (i'm using Yobi's name for you because it rhymes with my nickname!)

Sparky

7. UnderCoverJedi

UnderCoverJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 19, 2006
    Those were wonderful! Drabbles are sometimes difficult to write, but you did a magnificent job. =D=

8. thesporkbewithyou

Feb 13, 2005
    Wow, thanks for the great response guys!

magehound:awwww...Beginings was so sad! Middles was very nice, and so much like a child! Endings was sad, in a meloncholy kind of way. The other two were very nice as well, i liked Last better though.

Thanks for reading! Yeah, I have to say that Last was my favorite one too.

Alishu06:Wow that was sad.

Thanks for stopping by.

[/b]YodaKenobi[/b]:Really impressive, Sporky

[face_blush] Thank you!

It's hard to believe someone could fit that much emotion into 100 words, but you did it (though I guess you did have 101 in a couple of them, so I guess that explains it ).

:p Ha ha! I actually just did another word count now, and you'll be delighted to learn that I only have 101 in one of them now.

Thanks for reading!

JadeSolo:Oh, that line really got me. Such a wonderful relationship you created between fathers and sons, it totally cancels out the extra words.

Thank you! I had a hard time with that one, because there was so much I wanted to do with it. But I'm glad that it worked out.

[/b]mastermeg_0228[/b]: You know, I meant to get that PM off to you last night, but I was really tired after I posted them so I just went to sleep.

I loved Beginnings the most! You really conveyed the emotions of the woman in labor! And I loved the last line...so subtle yet precise! Wonderful work!

Thank you! I was never able to witness someone giving labor, and was only sometimes around one that was pregnant, so I was worried about pulling that off. But I'm glad it worked out, especially since we were seeing it through someone else's eyes.

And the last line was my favorite of that one too.

I love how Middles and Ends are connected by the last line yet so very different in their own way...you did a great job with these!

I'm happy you caught that. I was worried about it in the beginning, but I decided to use it anyway because it worked.

I loved the imagery in Lasts...the flashback was beautiful!

[face_blush] Thank you

Terrific job with these, Sporky! (i'm using Yobi's name for you because it rhymes with my nickname!)

This might just get a little confusing [face_grins]. We've got to remember to keep our A's and O's straight!

UnderCoverJedi: Those were wonderful! Drabbles are sometimes difficult to write, but you did a magnificent job.

Thank you! [face_blush]

9. Maggy

Maggy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    Sporky:

you wrote also drabbles :D yay :D

Beginnings

aww sweet ? weird that nobody wanted to help but it?s all too true :(

Middles

love and hate are weird feelings ? hate can change into love and vis versa .. and all far too fast :)

Ends

:(

Firsts

teehee :D
    first girlfriend? :p

Lasts [/i]

o_O[face_thinking]

wonderful done Sporky :D =D=

~ Mags ~

10. thesporkbewithyou

Feb 13, 2005
    Maggy [:D] Thanks for stopping by dear, and I LOVED your Yobi pic for entertainment.

11. Araxie

Araxie Jedi Master star 3

Mar 6, 2006
    Very sad. well done.

12. thesporkbewithyou

Feb 13, 2005
    Araxie:Very sad. well done.

Thanks, I'm glad you liked them.

Okay folks, here are the first two drabbles of my week two set. The rest of them will come when I write them.

A very big thank you to Maggy who beta'd for me![:D]

Hours

Today, the hours had stretched forever - untill the moment he would be united with his love. Now, standing under the flower-decorated canopy, he only could think about what he was getting them into. She had said she never cared about the baggage he had, that she had known about it all along, but he suspected she would regret her decision.

Rouin fought his rising panic. What if she changed her mind? What would he do then?

Nichal, looking breathtaking, squeezed his hand gently, and the panic subsided. Belatedly, he realized that he had almost missed his cue.

?I do.?

Days

Nichal still couldn?t believe that she had gone against all the well meaning advice of her close friends. The new experience of walking through her ? their ? house felt like a living dream.

But if it was one, then she didn?t want to wake from it. Ever. Being married was better than she had expected, ever hoped for. Each day gave them a chance to get closer to each other. Each day was a new adventure in its own way.

Suddenly, strong arms closed around her and pulled her against a firm chest. And her dream turned into a waking reality.

13. Maggy

Oct 2, 2004
    [:D] =D=
    they are sooo great, Sporky

looking forward to the next three of this series

~ Mags ~

14. thesporkbewithyou

Feb 13, 2005
    Maggy:they are sooo great, Sporky

looking forward to the next three of this series

[:D]Thank you muchly!

15. mastermeg_0228

mastermeg_0228 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2006
    wonderful job on these!

i love newleyweds...and its always a treat to see how someone writes them! i think you did a terrific job!

can't wait for the rest!

meg

16. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    I can't wait for the rest, either.

17. thesporkbewithyou

Feb 13, 2005
    mastermeg_0228: wonderful job on these!

i love newleyweds...and its always a treat to see how someone writes them! i think you did a terrific job!

can't wait for the rest!

Thank you!

SilSolo: I can't wait for the rest, either.

Thanks for stopping by.

Okay, the rest of last week's should be coming this weeks, and all I have to do is actually get this week's written down.

18. thesporkbewithyou

Feb 13, 2005
    They're a little late in coming, but as promised, here are the last three from the week 2 set. Week three's drabbles are being written now.

Weeks

He ran to the door as he heard the mail slot being opened and closed, then grabbed those precious pieces of flimsi. There were just some things that were too important to be delivered by the HoloNet, and accepting someone as a new employee was one of them. Rouin had waited for this letter for weeks.

Unable to wait any longer, he tore open the letter.

?Nichal!? he called excitedly. ?Nichal, it?s here!?

His wife rushed to the door, and they read the letter together.

Dear Mr. Vissi,

We are delighted to inform you that you have been accepted ?

Months

They had waited months for this moment, for when he would be by her side when she would bring a new life into the galaxy. One that would ensure the continuation of their family. But now that it was here, he could only watch in a daze as Nichal pushed with all her strength, and hurled curses at him that were unacceptable for small ears.

Finally, a piercing cry tugged at his heart, and he stared at the tiny life form in the doctor?s arms.

?It?s a girl!? were the last words Rouin heard before his vision faded to black.

Years

?Lieutenant Vissi, are you sure you want to do this??

The young Lieutenant faced her Commander, and rewarded him with the look the rest of her squad mates had come to fear. Of course she wanted to lead the mission; she wouldn?t have volunteered for it if she hadn?t wanted to. Everyone knew she had become a fighter pilot so she could exact revenge on the Vong for destroying her family. This mission would allow her to accomplish her goal in a way that just participating in a dogfight wouldn?t.

She nodded, determined.

?May the Force be with you, then.?

19. Maggy

Oct 2, 2004
    aww great three drabbles :D
    what stand in the letter?
    cute a baby girl
    and sorry to see that their family was destroyed by the YV :(

looking forward to the new set :)

~ Mags ~

20. thesporkbewithyou

Feb 13, 2005
    Maggy: Thanks! And the letter was his first job acceptance thingy.

Yeah, it was quite sad.

Thanks for reading, and I'm already working on the next set.

21. thesporkbewithyou

Feb 13, 2005
    As promised, here's week 3! This week features J/TK, the galaxy in general, Ben and Krayt, Jaina, and Nichal, one of my OCs from the first two sets of drabbles. Oh, just so you folks know, the J/TK one is just slightly AU, and the Ben and Krayt one is also slightly AU and Legacy speculation.

Red

Red, the color of desire. Of my desire for her; to run my fingers through silky hair that?s often held back, and to feel the heat of our passion envelope our bodies.

At times, I know she feels how strong my ? love ? for her is, and I know it scares her. But soon, she will come to appreciate it. Soon, she will realize that it is our destiny to be together as rulers of the galaxy.

And when that happens, she will tell me the secret that has been kept from me, and I will rule her body and soul.

Black

Black, the color of the despair that has settled over the galaxy and threatens to crush it. The citizens of the Galactic Alliance have been embroiled in a bitter fight for their lives for far to long, against an enemy that has more lives than a Tuunga cat. But as many lives as the Yuuzhan Vong have, they have taken many more, destroying all who stand in their way and mutating planets so that no survivor could return home.

This time, though, they cannot depend on the Jedi to save them because once again, they are being targeted for genocide

White

But even as the knight reaches his darkest heights a new hope is born, rising from the ashes of destruction to bring light to those who have been without it for so long. Imbued with the best of his mother and father, and backed by the Living Force, he is a force to be reckoned with.

Yet, he hesitates as he faces his foe. Because he is an old friend who just got lost on his quest for knowledge.

?Will you join me?? Lord Krayt asks.

He shakes his head.

?No. I am a Jedi, like my father before me.?

Grey

It would have been so easy.

She could have refused his offer and said, ?Thank you very much, but I don?t want to rule an empire.? Now, standing in a room full of grey clad officers in ordered rows, she wished she had refused. Their undying loyalty and how they accomplished everything with mechanical precision was frightening. This was something she had come to expect from her husband, but he was an anomaly, wasn?t he?

And yet ?

She felt a rush every time she used her power. She sighed, and stared at the soldiers.

It shouldn?t be this easy.

Blue

?Quick ? get me something blue!?

In the last moments before she would walk down the aisle, Nichal remembered her outfit was missing one crucial item: something blue. How could she have forgotten it? She had the whole day to remember it.

Sighing, she joined her bridesmaids in the searching for it. Now she wished she had picked blue as the wedding colors.

The door open, and she looked up to see her mother holding something. Her mother stood behind her, then fastened a chain around her neck with a blue amulet.

?It was your grandmother?s,? she whispered. ?Use it well.?

22. Maggy

Oct 2, 2004
    Sporky:

Jacen is a bit 8-} but what do you expect from him? :p ;) :D
    the next on is a bit frightening ... [face_worried]
    I like the line "Like my father before me" great adaption =D=
    also grey is unsettling .. what have they done?? :eek:
    and white .. hilarious .. :D nice to see that she is using her grams amulet

wonderful job :D

~ Mags ~

Thread Status: