main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Drabbles of an Odiferous Wookiee (Enter at Your Own Peril!)--Week 1

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Odiferous_Wookiee, Sep 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Odiferous_Wookiee

Odiferous_Wookiee Jedi Youngling

Sep 24, 2006
    Since I'm new to writing and to posting, I'll first admit to having been a long-time lurker, and state that the talent here often leaves me laughing, weepy and cheering--you all amaze me! Disclaimer in place, I thought I'd have a go at some of the writing exercises in the Ultimate Drabble Challenge thread in Fan Fiction Resource. It seems a good place to begin.

"I have a certain number of Drabbles to complete in this life; right now, I'm so far behind that I will never die."

Story Time

Beginnings

Han waded into the whirlwind comprised of his offspring, holding the well-worn book away from the bobbing heads and flailing hands?Leia smiled from the bedroom doorway then was instantly gone.

?I?m sitting on Daddy?s lap this time!"

?No you?re not?it?s my turn!"

?Me! Me!"

?It?s not your turn! You go to last time!"

?Nuh-uh!?

?Alright!? Han bellowed, silencing the cacophony. He dropped onto Anakin?s bed, and they piled around him, with Anakin grinning on Han?s lap?location was everything in establishing priority. Han finally got everyone settled and opened the book.

?Long, long ago, on a faraway planet??

Middles

?And the Little Lost Bantha looked up at the Dewback, who said?"

?I?m going to eat you for lunch!? squealed Anakin.

?It doesn?t say that!? Jacen fired back, incensed.

?It might, you know,? Jaina said with a shrug that seemed too mature a gesture for her.

Han blew out a sharp, noisy breath, catching the attention of the children, who grudgingly quieted. He cleared his throat loudly, then continued.

? ?I do not know where your herd is, Little One,? and it lumbered away. The Little Lost Bantha sighed and looked around for someone else who might help him?"

Ends

?The kindly Wizard smiled, pointed into the valley and said?"

?Look out! Sandpeople!?

?Anakin?cut it out!?

?Or maybe he asked for ten credits,? Jaina chirped, causing Han to promptly forget the story for a moment.

?Asked for ten credits?why would he do that?? he asked, perplexed.

?Dunno,? she replied matter-of-factly, "but you always ask Uncle Lando for ten credits when you do him a favor.?

Han?s face clouded for a moment, and he vowed to pay closer attention to where the children were when Uncle Lando came to visit.

?Alright?quiet down and let?s finish this thing ??

First

Leia was curled up on the couch, a steaming mug of Corellian tea on the low table in front of her. Han flopped down beside her, and she placed the mug in his hands and snuggled to him. He regarded her with his typical one brow up-one brow down expression, then slowly shook his head.

?Well, this was the first time I?ve been ?caught? by my daughter,? he sighed dramatically.

?How so?? Leia asked.

?She heard me kidding Lando about owing me ten credits for doing favors, and thought I was being serious?they?re really starting to pay attention now.?

Last

Leia smiled, a knowing expression on her face.

?I?ve got news for you, Han,? she said, ?They?ve been paying attention all along. And I would guess that tonight won?t be the last time you ?get caught.? "

Han stared into the steaming cup, shook his head again and wondered how in the great galaxy he had missed this development. His children were growing up so fast?almost before his eyes--and he sometimes still felt so inadequate to the task of being their father? He smiled down at Leia, cuddled into the curve of his shoulder, and nodded.

?Yeah?probably won?t.?

2. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    Aww, that was sweet! I nice slice of homelife. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.