main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Drabbo's Challenge, the Saga Responses -- New challenge July 26!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Drabbo_Fett, Feb 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Woohoo, Arin's finally at 1000 and it's the miniscule post. Perfect. And sweet topic.

2. SarkaVrae

SarkaVrae Jedi Master star 5

Jun 3, 2004
    very cool, Arin! congrats on the 1,000th post. this little drabble was nice! that Luke was surprised that he got his eyes from his father...very cool idea--sets my thoguhts spinning in all sorts of directions! good job! :)

3. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Okay, this bunny bit sudden for the Crossover challenge. Thank Drabbo for the inspiration. I feel like this fic needs a pic of Davis though. ;) My selection is a Tru Calling/SW blend. Forgive me if the characters aren't quite right, never did them before and this hit really quick and hard.

Be Kind, Rewind

Cue Theme: Performed by Full Blown Rose
    Been haunted by a whisper
    A chill comes over me
    I've been trapped inside this moment
    I'm not a victim, I'm not a freak
    Free me before I slip away
    Can somebody help me
    Somebody help me

?Damn,? the brunette young woman rushed through the still darkened streets of Theed, her heeled boots echoing loudly on the permacrete pavement.

The invasion of the droid army had been brutal and devastating and many of the basic necessities she?d taken for granted all her life were still hard to come by, like the simplicity of lighted avenues in the evening hours. Though she missed the brightly lit lanes she walked nightly on her way to work, it would have been far more heartbreaking to see the daily reminder of how much damage her beloved city had sustained in the bombing. At least this way the twenty-seven hour diner she frequented for an early morning meal now fractured and crumbling was just another indistinct shadow.

After the initial fear, she?d almost been happy her normal schedule had been disrupted. Medical school was proving quite the challenge and with her other calling demanding so much of her time and energy, it had been beginning to look like she might have to repeat at least a couple classes of pre-med.

Pursing her lips, she tried not to think about how much more help she could be if she was already a graduate healer. There?d been so many people killed and injured, she hated the thought of those that expired for want of simple first aid.

Strangely, her other vocation, whether thrust on by fate or the Force, was in full swing. Where most had been waking every morning to greet the same sunny day that had the potential to be the last day of the occupation, she had already nearly lived a full and eventful week and it was beginning to wear on her.

Crossing the street, the bustling woman elicited a short, sharp cry when a shadow detached itself from the wall and spoke to her.

?Where you rushing off to Tru?? The male figure leaned casually against a partial wall, what was left of another destroyed business.

?What do you want Jack,? she replied harshly, her features an extreme interpretation of loathing.

?Just wondering why the need to rush,? the mild appearing young man shrugged innocently, ?Guess you haven?t hear the news.?

?What news?? Tru folded her arms over her chest, clearly unimpressed with her nemesis? lack of sincerity.

?It?s over,? he motioned to his surrounding, ?all this, the war, occupation, invasion whatever you want to call it, it's over.?

?That just breaks your heart too, I bet,? Tru snorted with distaste, ?sith like you are really in their element when the death count is nice and high.?

?Hey, it was not my doing,? Jack held his open palms up in surrender, ? Just like you, I?m only doing what?s expected of me. Consider me your counterpart, a balance or sorts. Just like the Force, there?s a darkside,? he points to her, ?and a light side,? he lays a hand gently to his chest offering a small smirk.

?Accckk,? Tru gasped in disgust, her arms flying down to her side, hands clenched in tight fists. ?Get out of my way,? she finally responded in anger. No longer desiring to continue this confrontation, she brushed him aside and continued on her way.

?Give it up Tru,? he called after her, ?you can?t save everyone.?

Five minutes later she entered the palace infirmary. After the Queen had escaped capture and the rest of her advisors had been removed and secured in a processing center, rumor had it executed as well. The Trade Federation had then taken up residence in the royal palace and commanded the household to wait on them as they?d done for the Queen so fo

4. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    Oh wow Leona!!

Please please please write more! I really want to read that episode!! It felt as if I were reading a Tru Calling fan fic! I am impressed!

Now get to work! [face_devil]

5. Drabbo_Fett

Drabbo_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2003
    Yes, HL! =D=

It felt as if I were reading a Tru Calling fan fic!

You were, you were. [face_mischief]

6. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    =D=

I loved it, Leona! Wonderful. :D

7. BlindMan

BlindMan Jedi Master star 2

Nov 25, 2001
    Great job, Leona! You nailed the Jack/Tru dynamic perfectly! :)

So...would Harrison be a small-time smuggler in this reality?

And do we get to see more? (HINT HINT ;) )

:) Blind Man

8. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Love to see the replies for my viggie... Tru Calling is just so underappreciated, thank you all so much. [face_blush]

9. Drabbo_Fett

Feb 5, 2003
    Tru Calling is just so underappreciated

But enough about the FOX network. :p

Anyone else think they pre-empted the last episode just so they claim it as an extra for the DVD? :rolleyes:

10. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Title: Raging Waters
    Author: VaderLVR64
    Timeframe: Deliberately vague, as I think everyone would have their own idea of when this might take place.
    Characters: Allison Dubois, Anakin Skywalker
    Summary: Allison Dubois, psychic, finds herself in the midst of yet another disturbing and prophetic dream. Crossover between SW and Medium.
    Notes: Now in the proper spot. I am SO SORRY! [face_blush]

Raging Waters

Allison stirred restlessly on her pillow. A part of her knew it was only a dream. A dream could not touch her or harm her. But her heart sped up no matter what her mind told her. She turned and in her sleep she reached out for him. Her hand curled around Joe?s arm and her muscles relaxed. Her anchor, her love ? sleeping beside her and keeping her safely moored in their tiny harbor.

She let her consciousness flow into the dream then, feeling secure at last.

A river? A river of?

Interesting. She was surrounded by a river of beings. Humans and aliens flowed around her, the low buzz of their conversation resembling the sound of water as it gurgled over rocks. Coruscant did not have such things, at least none that she had ever seen. Why did she still think of a river?

Giving a mental shrug, she concentrated instead on her dream.

A boy.

A young boy was standing there in the middle of the flowing mass of sentient beings. It was easy to focus on him for he seemed illuminated against the darker backdrop of those around him. He shone.

The source of the light seemed to be both external and internal. She felt drawn to him. Pushing her way through the crowd she came to the little boy. She knelt down so that they were on the same level.

?Hello,? she said gently.

Worried blue eyes turned her way. ?I?m lost.? Tears lurked just beneath his words.

Allison reached out and took his hand. It was dirty, as to be expected from a child his age, but also heavily callused. She ran a finger over the hard ridges of flesh. ?Maybe I can help you find your way home.?

He seemed content to let his hand rest in hers. ?No, I don?t think you can.?

She brushed back the dark blond hair that had fallen into his eyes. ?I?ve helped a lot of children find their way home, sweetie,? she assured him.

The small hand in hers seemed to grow cooler. ?No,? he said firmly. ?You can?t help me. Only I can find my way.?

She stared at him. His eyes were not a child?s eyes. They were old and burdened with knowledge no child should have. She felt the chaotic mix of his emotions rushing out toward her. Fear was a sour note that flavored all of them, but a streak of anger gave an odd, audible twang as she read him, drawing her attention.

Fear and anger to that degree in a child of this age was unusual.

He looked around him and his expression mutated from one of confusion to one of disdain.

?What?s wrong?? She asked him.

He smirked. ?They?ll all be dead, you know.?

?Who will be dead??

He pointed at the crowd milling around them. They were a solitary island, just the two of them. ?They will, the Jedi.?

And Allison realized where they were then. They were in the Jedi Temple. All of the beings around them were dressed in similar garb and lightsabers swung from their belts. The Jedi would die? Impossible.

?The Jedi won?t die,? she told him. ?They are the guardians of the Republic. They?ve been around for a thousand generations.?

The little boy grinned, but it caused an icy finger to run down her spine. ?The Republic will be gone, too. We won?t need the Jedi anymore.?

She released his hands and sat down on the floor. ?That?s not possible!?

He nodded and began pointing at various figures. ?She?ll die on a planet called Geonosis,? he said as he pointed to a young human. He indicated a Zabrak. ?And he?ll die just a few meters from where I?m standing.? He looked at her and smiled. ?I?ll kill him myself,? he said proudly.

The boy looked up and beamed at some young ones gathered on a balcony. ?They?ll die in the Clone Wars. But I won?t kill them,? he said with a chilling

11. Drabbo_Fett

Feb 5, 2003
    This idea came to me yesterday morning. It's a response to both the crossover and drabble challenges. The parts in parentheses are Mary Alice's narration.

Secrets Big and Bigger

On Wisteria Lane, it seemed like just about every secret was out.

"Carlos was importing goods made by Wookiee slaves?" Bree asked. "That's unconscionable. As a proud Alderaanian, I..."

"Helped your son cover up the murder of an old woman?" Gabrielle shot back.

"I can't believe you're defending Carlos after he..."

"Guys!" Susan shouted. "You're ignoring the most important thing!"

"Yes," Lynette agreed. "Wait. What?"

"Zach!" The others looked at Susan a moment, then continued arguing.

Meanwhile, far above Wisteria Lane, another secret was about to make all the others seem rather trivial.

Tarkin nodded. "You may fire when ready."

12. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Ohhh these are good! I agree though Leona you need to continue that one! ;)

And VaderLVR64... this... that was like wow!! He shook his head. ?No,? he whispered. ?I am the flood that will wash them away. Their dam is too weak,? he said and he pointed at all the Jedi moving around them. ?I?m part of them, but I am not one of them. I?m already the seed of what I will be.?

That totally blew me away. Loooooved it!

13. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Tarkin nodded. "You may fire when ready." HOly smokes Drabbo... talk about shocking. That was great!!!

14. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    VaderLvr: Wow! Quite intense. Although this really effected me... ?Tell them I would have loved them.? His eyes bored into hers and his voice was urgent. ?Remember to tell them!? He really wanted to be a part of them, but was never able to. Incredible!

Drabbo: I will never look at Desperate Housewives the same way. :eek: I was not expecting that!

15. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Ahh Drabbo did sneak one in when I posted for VaderLVR! I thought this line was pretty funny myself:

"Carlos was importing goods made by Wookiee slaves?" Bree asked. "That's unconscionable. As a proud Alderaanian, I..."

I could actually see that being said!! [face_laugh]

16. Drabbo_Fett

Feb 5, 2003
    Thanks, HL, m2, and Kyn. :) It helps in writing dialogue when characters are so... well-defined.

17. VadersMistress

VadersMistress Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 7, 2004
    Wow! Wonderful entries! =D= =D=

I really hope I am doing this right...

I'm posting this very tentatively, as it is now 2:15 in the morning. If it sucks, blame it on the time. :p

A HUGE thank you to [color=green][hl=skyblue][b]Jedi_Anais [/b][/hl][/color] for betaing. [face_hugs]

[b]Title[/b] Harassment of the Heartthrobs
    [b]Author:[/b] VadersMistress
    [b]Timeframe:[/b] Pre TPM and then pre AotC
    [b]Characters:[/b] Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, Anakin
    [b]Genre:[/b] Humor vignette
    [b]Keywords:[/b]
    [b]Summary:[/b] Oh the woes of being a heartthrob!
    [b]Notes:[/b] This is a viggie that is pure silliness written at 1 in the morning in 10 minutes and 23 seconds. (Isn?t it sad that I time myself?) The characterization is messed with on purpose. This is also an answer to challenge # [b]5[/b] It was also inspired by [b]VaderLVR64[/b] and my anarchists as well as by watching [i]Top 100 Child Stars[/i] on VHI. But mostly the first two. :D

Gah! I can't stop editing. Stupid last minute comments.

Some of the weird details such as the hips comment were put in there to show Obi-Wan's appeal. (As if we needed that to see it!) Be kind or else I'll sick my sithly mommy on you. [face_devil] And I don't think any of us want that.

[b]Harassment of the Heartthrobs[/b]

Obi-Wan charged into the room and slammed the door behind him, quickly sliding the lock into place. He held a hand to his side and gasped for air; he had just run nearly eleven blocks trying to get away from them.

He knew he wasn?t supposed to feel anger or hate, but sometimes it was darned hard. How was he not supposed to get angry when he had them chasing him? They looked in through his windows, they followed him everywhere he went, and one time when he walked into the ?fresher naked, they were hiding behind the door! Can?t a Jedi get a break?

Apparently not.

He heard a deep chuckle; the kind that rises from the chest and slowly makes its way out the mouth. His master swiveled around in a chair and took in his padawan, who had sheen of sweat across his forehead and pink cheeks, and was doubled over panting for breath. Obi-Wan scowled.

?I take it you ran into your fan club??

?They?re not my fan club,? Obi-Wan retorted, rolling his eyes.

?Oh yes they are. What else do you call a screaming bunch of girls who would do anything to catch a glimpse of you? Other than a mob of course?? Qui-Gon threw his head back and barked a laugh.

?It?s not funny.?

?Yes it is.?

Obi-Wan straightened and strode across the room, his hips swaying gracefully, yet with an air that could only be masculine.

Qui-Gon saw this and shook his head. Yes, the boy was hopeless.

Obi-Wan threw himself down into a chair and wallowed. ?Why do they do this?? Obi-Wan asked, throwing his hands up in exasperation.

?You are clueless, my very young and naïve padawan,? Qui-Gon said, throwing aside his datapad. ?They do it because they like you. Shocking isn't it??

?But I haven?t done anything for them to like me! I haven?t done anything incredibly brave, I haven?t cured a disease, and I haven?t brought the galaxy peace or anything!?

Qui-Gon sighed and closed his eyes. Would he ever learn? ?Obi-Wan, that doesn?t matter to them. They stalk you because they think you?re?what?s the word? Oh, right?[i]hot[/i].?

Obi-Wan blinked. ?My body temperature is average for a young man my age.?

Qui-Gon snorted, his long hair flying into his face. ?No, my dear boy, not hot as in temperature, hot as in cute, gorgeous.?

?What? Why would they think that? I?m just Obi-Wan,? he said, a look of utter disbelief crossing his face.

Qui-Gon shook his head and shrugged his broad shoulders. ?If I knew the answer to girls, I would be the smartest man alive. Alas, I do not and am not.?

?B-but isn?t there anything I can do? I don?t want to be famous or ?hot? as you so eloquently put it; I just want to be a Jedi!?

?No, there is nothing that can be done. Save going to a volcanic planet and burning yourself, marring every feature

18. OmnipotentSeal

OmnipotentSeal Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 15, 2005
    Title: The New Order
    Author: OmnipotentSeal
    Characters: A cast of hundreds.
    Time Frame: When Palpatine founds the Galactic Empire in ROTS. (That exact scene!)
    Genre: Drabble
    Notes: Just getting my name out on the board. I normally don't write exactly 100 words. I was trying to imagine an Eastern European town. This is what I get for listening to the IMPS soundtrack, eh. ;)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The New Order

The silvery, white dagger hovered ominously over the square. They only had one holoprojector. It lay in the middle of the square, outside the temple. From what they had heard, the Supreme Chancellor was to address all the worlds within the Republic. Snow drifted down as the crowd waited in their parkas. Their personal heaters keeping their hands warm, red embers that seemed to be like candles for a vigil. The starship dissolved. The crowd gasped. Arms raised, the Supreme Chancellor triumphantly announced, "In order to ensure our security and continuing stability, the Republic will be reorganized into the first Galactic Empire? for a safe and secure society!"

EDIT: Better quote... Yes, I went over the word limit for continuity purposes now... :p

19. Drabbo_Fett

Feb 5, 2003
    VM, that was wonderful, so true to life. [face_laugh]

OS, welcome! That was a fantastic piece, such a nice glimpse into lives barely touched by the machinations on Coruscant. =D=

20. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Oh VM! I loved it! Sounds like some of our convserations, doesn't it!?
    :D

Great work, OmnipotentSeal! :D

21. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    A most wonderful viggie VM.. 10 minutes??? I am so very jealous. I loved that Qui-Gon found his padawan's concerns amusing... but he is wrong you know...

?Get over yourself, it won?t last forever. Just until you get old and wrinkly like myself.? That hasn't stop droves from finding him 'hot' as well. [face_love] [face_love]

?Signing body parts certainly is. Especially some that you shouldn?t even know about!? Obi-Wan countered. Mops up the coffee spewed in laughter.... you could have warned me. :D

The New Order--- Very nice drabble OmnipotentSeal

22. Drabbo_Fett

Feb 5, 2003
    But HL, the "droves" that chase you when you're older tend to be smaller and slower, plus they get tired within the first block or two. :p

Now I have this image of Paul and Ringo being chased around a train station by a bunch of women in their 40s and 50s. In black and white, of course.

23. VadersMistress

VadersMistress Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 7, 2004
    ?Get over yourself, it won?t last forever. Just until you get old and wrinkly like myself.?

I included that bit just for you and dianethx, Leona. I knew it would get to you! [face_devil] Qui lovers beware! :p

Thanks for liking it! @};- [face_love]

Omnipotentseal- Wonderful drabble. =D= It said a lot even though it was only 100 words.

24. OmnipotentSeal

OmnipotentSeal Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 15, 2005
    Thanks for the responses... As they say, there is more of this where that came from... ;)

25. Drabbo_Fett

Feb 5, 2003
    New challenge is up!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.