main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Draftmania: The Wrestling Draft - winner: Shadow_of_Durron

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by EmpireForever, Jul 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shadow_of_Durron

Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Knight star 6

May 2, 2003
    Because I eat my vitamins and say my prayers.

Btw, Steve Austin is still on the list.

2. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    That's odd...I was pretty sure I deleted him.

Crisis averted.

3. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    FYI, I will be doing breakdowns after round 3 is over. Then again most likely after round 6, and then once more after teams are complete. [face_peace]

4. MandaloreYak

MandaloreYak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 29, 2004
    And the last of my top picks is off the board.

5. YGJ

YGJ Jedi Youngling

Jul 17, 2008
    Kane, plz.

6. captain-fantastic

captain-fantastic Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2007
    I'll take another multiple-time world champion.

Hulk Hogan (Hulkamania)
    Steve Austin (Texas Rattlesnake)
    Dusty Rhodes (The American Dream)

7. Goddess-Jaina-Redick

Goddess-Jaina-Redick Jedi Knight star 4

May 5, 2005
    Wow. I'm really surprised with that pick. I wasn't expecting anyone to pick him for at least another round. (Not like I wanted him or anything. I've never liked Dusty and he would be on no team of mine. :p Just sayin' is all. :p )

8. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    Umm....

Hmmm...

Mr. Perfect?

9. Talon_Kenobi

Talon_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2003
    Well I was hoping he would fall to me! What can I say, that would have been....perfection

10. Goddess-Jaina-Redick

Goddess-Jaina-Redick Jedi Knight star 4

May 5, 2005
    I was hoping for that too! :( Grr! Now I have to figure out who my next pick is going to be! lol.

11. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Well, I had about seven guys on my list, and you guys managed to only take two of them (thanks, Shurron and cap-fan), which means I have to pick two from the five.

Well, for the first one, I'll take a guy who participated in arguably the greatest match of all time, and is a former World Champion. And, for the other, I'll take a former multi-time World Champion, who has also held just about every other belt he's been eligible to win, including a Tag Title with my team captain.

Welcome aboard ... Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat and "Big Sexy" Kevin Nash

The Dudes with Attitudes

[image=http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d42/DarthIntegral/Wrestling_Draft/sting.jpg]

This ... is ... Sting!

[image=http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d42/DarthIntegral/Wrestling_Draft/bruno.jpg]

The Italian Strongman ... Bruno Sammartino!

[image=http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d42/DarthIntegral/Wrestling_Draft/dragon.jpg]

Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat!

[image=http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d42/DarthIntegral/Wrestling_Draft/Oz.png]

"Big Sexy" Kevin Nash

12. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    What kind of Kevin Nash pic is that? :p

13. BartSimpson-SithLord

Jan 24, 2002
    Time to make the pick that decided my team name.

Big Van Vader

UNDERPANTS?!
    [image=http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/2923/undahpantsde4.jpg]

[image=http://img77.imageshack.us/img77/6608/andregirlscl0.gif]
    Andre the Giant

[image=http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/4198/flowrestlerem7.jpg]
    "Macho Man" Randy Savage

[image=http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/8509/200pxwwfmrperfectbr0.jpg]
    Mr. Perfect

[image=http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/5293/vaderjq5.jpg]
    Big Van Vader

14. captain-fantastic

Jan 10, 2007
    In another cohesion shattering move, I'll take another former WWE (F, at the time) champion, as well as a guy that held numerous other belts. Let's face it, you can't hurt this guy.

Hulk Hogan
    Steve Austin
    "The American Dream" Dusty Rhodes
    Mick Foley

15. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Weeeeeeell, Via IM YGJ selects the Big Show

16. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    That's his original WCW gimmick.

BTW, cap-fan, I seriously considered Foley, among two others, so glad to see him get taken.

17. Shadow_of_Durron

May 2, 2003
    So me, then? Okay, and now for my next trick. Seems to me that there's really no such thing as a wrestler here that could be considered a 100% guaranteed win... or... no, wait, there actually kinda is.

To be perfectly honest, I'm not a huge fan of the one mandatory female wrestler thing, but it's here, so I'll make do. Looked over the list, and there's one pick on the female list that simply will not get beaten by any of the other chicks. It's just not gonna happen. There's a few that are capable of giving her a good match, sure, but absolutely none that are better. Not even with prep and a choice of match type. That won't matter. Neither will a manager at ringside, IMO.

So I think I'll go ahead and take what I firmly believe is the only sure individual win in the entire draft. Chyna.

18. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Wow. The 1st female option picked.

19. BartSimpson-SithLord

Jan 24, 2002
    I see Shurron is also going for a full male team.

20. Shadow_of_Durron

May 2, 2003
    Now, now, she's really a chick... I think...

21. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    I could get a theme going here, now that I think about it...

THE UNDERTAKER ... and friends!

The Undertaker
    John Cena
    Edge
    Batista

22. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Kudos on that pick... Kind of.

Oh yeah, unless there are too many objections, I plan to judge face/heel as to when each character was at their peak.

23. captain-fantastic

Jan 10, 2007
    Thanks. I was a bit surprised you didn't take him, actually. I've got no cohesion at this point, I'm just trying to get guys I think can get some wins in individuals.

24. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    Talon_Kenobi
    Bret Hart, Triple H, Chris Benoit

Well Bret and Chris should have some decent cohesion, as both were trained under Stu Hart. Triple H seems to throw that cohesion off a bit, more so for Bret than for Chris.

I do like how the individuals line up for you though so far, and each one of them have more than a fair shot at winning most of their matches I think.

All around skill, experience and strength is rather high as well, which is always a bonus. All of these picks seem to have been chosen at the right time, none seem all that early IMO....and Bret is easily a first round pick though I do think there are a few out there who can maybe beat him.

Jaina_and_Jag
    Shawn Michaels, The Rock, Chris Jericho

I don't see any cohesion issues, which is nice. Skill is looking really good as well. The least experienced of the bunch is The Rock, but with 7-8 years of solid experience under his belt and having earned some major titles to boot that should be no problem at all.

I will be honest and let you know that I can't stand Shawn Michaels, but he is a solid first round pick. The Rock could have gone in the lower 1st round or upper part of the 2nd round IMO, so he was a good snag. Jericho, though smaller than most top contenders, is an extremely fiesty and skilled individual.

The_Loyal_Imperial
    Undertaker, John Cena, Edge

Undertaker was an absolutely great pick, and he is one of those guys who get better with age IMO.

Cena blows donkey kong, and I don't think he is a legit first round pick, but he does pull in wins....against some of the legends on the board though we will have to wait and see how he preforms.

Edge, well....I don't know. He is a cheater with few rivals, which isn't all that bad. Does he fit on your team? I am having a hard time seeing it. Him and Cena have had major issues, and I don't think Undertaker is very fond of him either. He may make for some great trade material, but then again he will pull in some wins for you as well.

All in all a solid set of individuals, but not a very cohesive team.

Shurron
    Ric Flair, Kurt Angle, Goldberg

Ric and Kurt are both individuals who can cripple someone, not only that but their talent level is through the roof. Both can take a pounding like few others, and can dish it out just as easily.

Goldberg was probably one of my favorites for a time, and I still like him a lot. His power is going to help your team IMO, and he has been shown taking wins over some of the biggest names in the industry.

I don't see them having any issues working together either, if any problems were to come up it would be with Angle...but he has worked both heel and face enough to go either way IMO so it shouldn't be a problem.

In regards to Chyna (though a 4th round pick), at first I didn't understand wth you were doing. But in thinking about who is going to actually defeat her, excellent pick.

YGJ
    Brock Lesnar, Rey Mysterio, Kane

I am not understanding this team really. Brock is decent in the first round, Rey not bad in the second though I think you could have done better, same goes for Kane in the third. Each should be able to pull in some wins, but I think you got them a bit early.

Not much in regards to cohesion either, not bad cohesion really...but nothing that specifically points towards good cohesion at all.

captain-fantastic
    Hulk Hogan, Steve Austin, Dusty Rhodes

I hate Hulk....though he was marginally more acceptable in the NWO...he sucks as a face. He does have an immense win factor going for him though, and a lot of opponents will have to get some major debate in order to pull a win against him. He also seems to be a great team leader type, and one who can rally the troops in times of need.

Austin is a worthy second rounder, and a great snag because I don't think he would have lasted much longer really. Decent skill, decent power, and able to take a beating and still pull out a win more often t

25. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    Nice breakdowns. Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.