main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming The Inquisition's Here and It's Here To Stay: The Dragon Age Series

Discussion in 'Community' started by DocRevan, Jul 13, 2008.

1. TheRevanchist

TheRevanchist Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 13, 2012
    Origin was one of the best games of last decade. In every aspect it was near perfect. Personally I put it as one of the best Bioware games and (by default) Western RPG games.

DA:2 had a lot of potential, the best part of it was that the story wasn't black and white like in most video games and fantasy worlds. But after that, the less we spoke the better. Story didn't advanced as it should and then became black and white again, all mages became blood mages and all templars became cold killers. Gameplay, dialogues, customization and the recycled dungeons were all from average to poor. About characters, Anders was great but he was a returned character from Awakening and Isabella was pretty decent. Others, not that interesting.

I have high hopes about Inquisition although BioWare failed us in their last 3 games. This will be make or break for them and if they disappoint again, I think that for a large number of fans is over. The story most likely will continue from both games. I would like the Warden to return in some capacity. The return of Morrigan is excellent, I think that she is the second best BioWare companion (only after Garrus Vakarian from Mass Effect trilogy). I would love if she would be the leading character though chances are slim about it.

While I don't expect a game as good as BioWare's past great games, I still expect a great game. Hopefully!

2. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Pretty much every single companion's fate can change though. The ending of DA2 is like it is because it's pretty much set-up for DA:I.

ME2 and ME3 are the only recent BioWare games to not use environments over and over. Origins did it a ton in both the origin stories and it's DLC (except Awakening). ME1 had all of the recycled buildings that served as side-quests.

It just hurt DA2 the most because it was mostly centered in one location, and you would expect the place to change in 7 years or so. Rushed development, that was down to.[/quote]

3. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I didn't mind the same buildings in ME1, oddly enough. I think it's because it made a certain sense that they were all similar. It's like they were construction kit buildings designed to be mass produced cheaply.

Really looking forward to Inquisition. Such a long wait for it and I want it now. :(

07jonesj likes this.
  4. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Just got through the Family Matters quest and talk about uneven.

It drops a massive poison trap + massive enemy ambush, result is a slaughtered party with Hawke left alive and it just keeps spawning enemies able to evade arrows with ease, no breaks, no reviving or healing between waves and why is healing so damn difficult anyway?

Got through it, just but it was no fun whatsoever.

Feeling like this game has taken a very good attempt at killing itself with this damn quest.

Plus, as per usual it seems in Bioware, there's no point in trying to upgrade weapons or armour, it'll all either be crap or deemed unsuitable due to character points.

5. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    [/quote]

I think the problem in DA2 was more that you went to different places (cave/building/warehouse) and they were all exactly the same. Not so in DA1, returning to the same location isn't the same as recycling the same models for different locations.

07jonesj likes this.
  6. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Does DAIII have a release date yet?

7. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Something like Sept I think.

8. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Fall/Q3, yeah. Though we have many trailers, gameplay videos and all of the companion reveals to come before then.

9. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Cool, can't wait

I kinda hoping that they re-release Origins and II for the Next Gen so we can import the saves into III

10. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Have you heard of the Keep, Legolas Skywalker? It's a website that will be released a couple of months before Inquisition, and will allow you to set up your "world-state", which is comprised of all of the choices you made in the first two games. You can then directly upload that information to your games console. The great thing about it is it isn't platform-specific, so if you played the original games on Xbox and have switched to the PS4 or vice-versa, you'll still be able to use your choices.

Gorefiend likes this.
  11. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    That's interesting, will definitely check that out when it's released

Wonder if Bioware will do the same thing when ME4 comes out

12. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Man I hope I can carry my choices over! Put Alistair on the throne; relationship with Leliana and knocked up Morrigan - damn straight I want those in-game!

13. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Especially Morrigan's considering that she might be in the game

14. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002

New Trailer today for Dragon Age: Inquisition. It looks decent so far but hard to tell since this is mainly just showing off the landscape. I'm still holding off judgment after the bad taste DA2 left in my mouth though.

15. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    One scene at 1:44 looks like the scene from Return of the King

16. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Looks pretty, but I wish it had something plot related.

17. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    We'll probably get some plot details when we get closer to the release date

18. DarkEagle

DarkEagle Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 10, 2009
  19. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Holy cow, that was amazing

20. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    So the Inquisitor has some strong connection to the Fade, presumably even if their class isn't Mage. Intriguing. Obviously, Flemeth is involved somehow. Game looks beautiful, I'll give it that.

Also, that last image. There's the Inquisitor and twelve others, with all six revealed companions thus far. Are we having twelve companions? It was previously revealed that there would be nine.

21. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    I'm still not convinced. Sure it looks great and seems to be an drastic improvement over DA2 but it will take a lot of good reviews/word of mouth before I pick this up. "Fool me once Bioware..."

22. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I loved Dragon Age: Origins and Dragon Age 2, so I preordered the special edition yesterday.

23. Shadow Trooper

Shadow Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jul 18, 2013
    If you look at the image with the whole team, 3 of the people do not have weapons, the guy on the far right, Leliana and the scribe looking lady between the archer and the warden. I think we can safely assume that anyone without a weapon is not a party member as the devs have already stated Leliana is not a companion and if the other 2 unarmed people are discounted, all 9 spaces are filled.

07jonesj likes this.
  24. Shadow Trooper

Shadow Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jul 18, 2013
    New Trailer!

Adam of Nuchtern likes this.
  25. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012