main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Jersey Dragon-CON '03

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Ghosts_Of_Anakin, Apr 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ghosts_Of_Anakin

Ghosts_Of_Anakin Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    Yeah, I stole this from Samantha in the NYC boards. Let's hope she doesn't hunt me down and kill me.

Official Dragon-CON site

Dragon Con ticket prices

$50 to May 15, 2003
    $60 to July 15, 2003
    $75 through August 29, 2003

Ticket prices are non-refundable, but, you can transfer your ticket(for a $10.00 fee) to a friend or whoever. Then just have your friend pay you.

Hotels

The Marriott will host the daytime convention functions (Autographings, Art Show/Print Shop, Dealers Room and Exhibit Hall, etc.), while the Hyatt will host all 24-hour programming events; Computer Gaming, Video Rooms, our Convention Hospitality Suite (or consuite), Concerts, etc.

The Marriott and the Hyatt are across the street from each other, and are also connected with a climate-controlled tubeway if it's really pouring. The Marriott is easily the most architecturally unique hotel in the city, if not the entire Southeast.

It seems like most people stay at the Marriot hotel. Thats where all the fun is.

Single: $148
    Double: $148
    Triple: $158
    Quad: $168

All suites are available at a 30% discount from rack rate.

The Hyatt is also offering a $4/night discount with a minimum three-night stay. (That makes it the same rate as in 2002.)
    They are still working on adding an online reservation page for 2003; meanwhile, use the Hyatt's phone number, 1-404-577-1234, to make reservations.
    The Marriott Marquis is also working to add online reservation capability; meanwhile, their direct phone number for reservations is 1-404-497-4661 (7:30am-11pm ET).

Due to the prices, I suggest sharing rooms. This will cut the costs down.

BOOK YOUR ROOM AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!! ROOMS ARE SELLING FAST! Be sure to mention you are with Dragon Con when you call any of the hotels. If you don't, you may be quoted a higher rate, or be told the hotel is sold out.

Transportation

Delta Air Lines is Dragon-CON's official airline for Dragon-CON 2003. You can save by booking your flight to Atlanta for Dragon-CON, by booking your flight on Delta Air Lines. Delta Air Lines is offering special rates which allow you a 5% discount off Delta's published round-trip fares* within the continental U.S., Hawaii, Alaska, Canada, Mexico, Bermuda, San Juan, Nassau, the U.S. Virgin Islands and the Caribbean only. By purchasing your ticket 60 days or more prior to your departure date, you can receive an additional 5% bonus discount.

*Applicable restrictions must be met. Seats are limited. Booking classes I, U and T are not eligible for Delta Meeting Network discounts.

A 10% discount will be offered on Delta's domestic system for travel to/from Dragon-CON based on the published unrestricted round-trip coach (Y06) rates. No advance reservations or ticketing is required, but if you purchase your ticket 60 days or more prior to your departure date, you can receive an additional 5% bonus discount. Booking classes I, U and T are not eligible for Delta Meeting Network discounts.
    All you have to do is call Delta Meeting Network reservations at 1-800-241-6760, Monday - Sunday, 8:00 am - 11:00 pm Eastern Standard Time. Or, have your travel agent call Delta's toll-free number to obtain these same advantages for you. Refer to File Number 191357A.

Basically, Delta and Continental are the only 2 airlines that I have searched that have DIRECT flights to Atlanta. Otherwise your stuck making a stop somewhere in DC or Philly.

Plane ticket prices in the last few weeks have been around $240-260 round trip with taxes included. They go up and down every week.. so book them soon!

Also parents: This is not exactly a convention you bring little children to. There are a lot of parties, a lot of intoxicated people walking around, and a lot of not apprioriate things for young children to see. Please please please talk to other people who have attended Dragon Con before to see if bringing your child is appriopria

2. buster726

buster726 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    sounds good but still unsure. Mostly depends on how much money I have left after SWW in disney.

3. Apprentice915

Apprentice915 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 27, 2002
    No way for me. RA job means I'll be at school during that time.

4. Maleficant

Maleficant Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 16, 2002
    I already have my ticket and hotel room reserved, just need my airfare and to finish my new costumes.
    Hope to see some of you show up at this one.

5. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Yeah, I'm going. Already have my room reserved and paid membership. My friends and I are on one of the SW panels (Evolution of Jedi Costume). So, hope to see you there. It was a blast last year!!!

6. Jedi_Satimber

Jedi_Satimber Jedi Knight star 8

Jul 3, 2002
    that's great diane...you want to be a representative for the NJO, too?

Maybe take down some fliers with you? ;)

7. BellaSabrina

BellaSabrina Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 13, 2002
    I'm still up in the air about this. I more than likely will have monetary issues because of my trip to Vegas AND I have a bbq I am in charge of in July, which is from another association in which I belong to.

8. Jedi_Samantha

Jedi_Samantha Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    Nah i won't kill ya don't worry :p

Im in charge of Dragon Con organizing for SWNYC so i had the task of finding everything out...

Me, John and Maria from SWNYC have a room in the ECG block of the hotel. We're currently looking for maybe 2 more people to occupy the room to down the cost of the room (Which is 168 a night) Inquire within :)

Any questions feel free to ask! :)

9. Ghosts_Of_Anakin

Ghosts_Of_Anakin Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    Good deal. Thanks Sam. Most of us are still kinda iffy. Once I start raking in checks from the new job, I should have a definitive answer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.