main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Colum, GA Dragon Con 2003 - ANYONE GOING???

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by wookiechick66, Apr 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wookiechick66

wookiechick66 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 15, 2002
    Besides myself and boy friend who is planning on attending Dragon Con??? I would like to meet some folks in person. I am sure we will all spend a lot of time at the Matters of the Force Track.

2. Allie Fox

Allie Fox FanForce CR Macon GA US star 3

Jan 13, 2000
    I will be there along with at least whipwarrior from the Macon Clones.

Will you be attending the FanForce dinner put on the the Atlanta group?

3. RemyCat

RemyCat Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 3, 2002
    I'll be there and I'll probably be busy running between MOTF stuff and RL stuff.

RemyCat

aka Phrog

4. motf-jan

motf-jan Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 25, 2001
    I'll be there along with 8 or so Dagobah Swamp Foxes. We hope to all go to the FF dinner. We'll be spending time at the LOR, some MotF events, maybe actually go to the Miss Klingon padget, art show, dealer's room of course, and this year the 80's dance! Oh yeah, Parade if they have one!.

5. Allie Fox

Allie Fox FanForce CR Macon GA US star 3

Jan 13, 2000
    It's good to hear from you phrog! Maybe we can get together at the con. Will you be going to the FanForce dinner?

6. RemyCat

Sep 3, 2002
    I hope so, it just depends on what else is going on at the time.

7. wookiechick66

Sep 15, 2002
    What is the Fan Force Dinner???????? I would love to go if I can

8. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    The FanForce Dinner is a dinner hosted by my chapter, the Hothlanta Rebels. It will be held the Friday evening of the con. Last year, we had folks from the Dallas TX, Nashville TN, King of Prussia PA, Ft. Lauderdale FL, and Raleigh NC FanForce chapters join us for a few hours of food and good conversation (and I think a few folks tried to start a fire. ;) ).

More information on this year's dinner will be forthcoming at the end of June.

9. darthmrw

darthmrw Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 8, 2002
    It is possible that I and some of our people will be there this year. I've never been to Dragoncon...still have memories from my last Vulkon! As for the Hothlanta Rebels, they are a good bunch of folks and whatever they are involved in will be well worth your attendance.

10. MotF

MotF Jedi Master star 2

Jun 2, 2001
    I'll be there. Roaming between MotF, LOR, and fan-based tables.

Great news - I'm happy that I can finally announce that Ray Parks, Darth Maul, will be at Dragon*Con 2003.

Can I keep a secret or what?

(runs for cover)

Cathy

11. RemyCat

Sep 3, 2002
    So that's what you were hinting at last time we chatted. I'm impressed that you kept this under your hat for so long Cathy. It's a wonder you weren't bursting at the seams! ;)

Phrog

12. wookiechick66

Sep 15, 2002
    Yeah A Star Wars guest. Way to go Cathy. Good keeping your secret too. I cant wait. I guess I should start to work on that Darth Maul Paper doll. (dont think I can't do it!)

I am so excited about DC.

13. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    Good job, Cathy! :D

That poor man is going to be swamped with fans. ;)

Thanks for the kind words, darthmrw. We try to make every event we do fun for all. :)

14. Darth_Decol

Darth_Decol Jedi Youngling

Sep 26, 2002
    Me and my friend like star wars. And we want to go to the dragon con, but how much does it cost? (if it costs anything) and is it as great as i been hearing it is? (first con i will be going to) you think i would injoy it as a first time thing or what?

15. RemyCat

Sep 3, 2002
    Unfortunately, DragonCon is not free. (sigh) The earlier you register though, the cheaper it is. Check out the website at dragoncon.org. It's got info on current membership prices as well as the different programming tracks and guests.

DragonCon is everything you've heard of and then some. :) It's definately something that you have to experience first hand! It's way to much fun to be crammed into 4 days.

16. wookiechick66

Sep 15, 2002
    Phrog is right on. Check out the website and get registared. Make sure you get a hotel NOW if you are going. Hotel space is hard to find durning the CON.

Hope to see you there.

17. Malz4JESUS

Malz4JESUS Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 12, 2002
    I doubt anyone will need one, but does anyone by any chance need an extra ticket? ?[face_plain] My brother won't be able to go so we're trying to see if we can sell it...

God bless!

-Malz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.