Dragon*Con 2003

Discussion in 'Charlotte, NC' started by anakin_girl, Jun 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anakin_girl Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Is anyone else interested in going? It's Labor Day weekend in Atlanta--I think we could all drive down there. The Hothlanta Rebels always set up a FanForce table, and it's a good place to hook up with folks from other FanForces.

I think if we go ahead and make plans now, we can make travel arrangements and get reservations at less expensive hotels.
  2. Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling

star 5
    Come on down! :D

I do hope that a few of you will be able to make the trip down here to Atlanta for Dragon*Con. It really is alot of fun. :)
  3. Singularity Jedi Knight

star 2
    I'm game for that. We were already planning on going as it is. It'll be even more fun with others!
  4. Cartooncheryl Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'm going! :) Wouldn't miss it! Woohoo!
  5. Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling

star 5
    It will be nice to see you again, Cheryl. :)
  6. spooky-kid Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Sorry to intrude on your forums. My name is Jason Cain. I'm trying to start a Winston-Salem Fan Force chapter. Can any of you tell me what kinda stuff ya'll did at your first 3 meetings and and how you organized them?
    Thanks-
    May the Force or the Dark Side be with you...Always.

Caija Wikin(jedi name)
  7. anakin_girl Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    OK, guys and gals, I've got my reservations at the Fairfield Inn on Piedmont Avenue (couldn't afford the Hyatt or the Marriott--not with the other travelling I'm doing lately). Two blocks away from the Hyatt is what the Dragon*Con site says. I'm leaving right after work on Friday the 29th so I should be in Atlanta by 8 p.m. You guys post what you're going to do or PM me so we can hook up. :)
  8. motf-jan Jedi Knight

star 3
    That's a nice hotel anakin_girl, I stayed there in 1996. Close to alot of restaurants etc. Be sure to head to registration to get your badge on Friday night. Saturday morning is bound to have a large line, even if you preregistered.

Janet
  9. Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling

star 5
    Heed Janet's wisdom. :)

Heck, I went to pick up my badge Friday night last year, and it still took me an hour. However, Saturday will be much worse. It is better to wait and hour than two or more hours.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.