main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA Dragon Con 2003

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by padme_skywalkr, Jun 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. padme_skywalkr

padme_skywalkr Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 21, 2002
    Email from Miss Lor'a Keyvar (RL & 501st member):

I know it seems far off, especially compared to Comic Con, but is anyone
    planning to attend DragonCon this year?

http://www.dragoncon.org for more information.

The convention is in Atlanta, GA, over Labor Day weekend (August 29th-Sept.
    1st), and it's a lot of fun.

There is a group discount for 10 or more buying memberships at once (you
    have to send them in to the office in the same envelope, confirmation
    letters will be mailed out separately).  I'm willing to organize this if
    enough people are interested.  The membership cost would be $55 each (it's
    $60 for individual memberships).

Let me know and I'll get it organized quickly.  The rate is only good until
    July 15th.  Airfares are currently around $250, if you fly out Thursday, and
    fly back on Tuesday.

Laura
    ID-1983

If anyone is interested please email Laura at:
    lora_keyvar@hotmail.com

2. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    If I have actual am working and getting a steady flow of $$$ then I'm in... ugh... darn expenses, I gotta stop buying stuff at the Sharper Image site. lol

3. The_Rock

The_Rock Jedi Youngling

Jun 12, 2003
    Is this a big SW convention?

4. padme_skywalkr

Nov 21, 2002
    Yes this is a big convention. It was the biggest sci-fi related con until Comic Con snatch that title for this year. The difference is that CC is on the west coast & DC is on the east coast. But I heard RAY PARKS is going to be there!!!!!!! Okay now its my turn to calm down.....

5. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    ooo... Lord Maul will be present... that should be good. Any other SW related actors/actresses in the mix?

6. padme_skywalkr

Nov 21, 2002
    Umm..I dont think sobut here are some I found interesting..

Drew Johnson broke into pencilling comics in 1998 with the Star Wars: Rogue Squadron mini-series "Masquerade."

Rebecca Moesta is the author of more than twenty-three books, including the award-winning STAR WARS: Young Jedi Knights series and two original Titan A.E. novels, which she co-authored with husband Kevin J. Anderson.

Tom Wilson is best-known to SF fans as Biff from Back to the Future, but his acting career extends much farther and wider. He also has musical projects under his belt.

Acclaimed Welsh-born actor John Rhys-Davies is probably best known to film audiences for his roles in the blockbuster hits Raiders of the Lost Ark and Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.He portrays Gimli in the new The Lord of the Rings trilogy.

Rowena has painted several hundred book covers in the SF and fantasy genres; her work has been included in anthologies such as Tomorrow and Beyond.

Anne McCaffrey will be there as well....One of my favorite Sci Fi fiction writers!

7. AgenKedar

AgenKedar Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 11, 2003
    Sounds good! I would like to do that group thing but I might have to put that off until after Comic-Con because I know I'll be broke after that event. So, looks like I'll have to pay 60 for membership to Dragon Con. (If I decide to go.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.