main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Dragon Con 2003

Discussion in 'Archive: King of Prussia, PA' started by Calixte, Jul 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Calixte

Calixte Jedi Youngling star 4

May 3, 2002
    Dragon*Con 2003, America's largest annual convention for fans of science fiction, fantasy and horror, comics and art, games and computers, animation, science, music, television and films, will be held Friday through Monday, August 29th - Sept. 1st, 2003 in downtown Atlanta, Georgia, USA.

Once again in 2002, we had over 20,000 in total attendance. For 2003, we're expecting at least that number. Thanks to all of you for your support!

Our host hotels will again include both the familiar Hyatt Regency Atlanta (most events, panels, activities and gaming) and the Atlanta Marriott Marquis (dealers' and exhibitors' halls, some programming, and our art show), located across the street and connected, if need be, via elevated enclosed skywalks.

As of June 10th, 2003, there were 151 guests confirmed for 2003 on our guestlist, including Kevin J. Anderson, Ray Park (Maul), John Rhys Davies (Gimli), Richard Hatch (Apollo), and Christopher Judge (T'ealc) to name just a few.
    ==========================

I've got an SUV filled with six people heading down early early on Thursday the 28th for a weekend of fun and costumes. Wendy, Natasha, Zippy, Dion and Tanya will be driving down with me.

If anyone else wants to convoy with us, please get in touch with me via PM or email. Also, if anyone else from the area is going, we want to have your contact information - where you're staying, your mobile number, etc so we can get in touch with you and not lose you in the crowd at the con. Please PM or email me that information. I will also make sure you have my cel phone number so you can reach us.

One of our very own is doing a panel on LOTR costuming - Julia! Congrats Julia. Be sure to let us know the time and date of your panel so we can come and support you! :)

There is FanForce dinner on Friday night! Please budget about $30 if you wish to go. Last year Natasha and I went and got to meet Timothy Zahn and Aaron Allston! Plus we met other FF members from around the country!

Our little group is in the 501 block in the Marriott. My room is under my name so feel free to give us a call at the hotel.

This is gonna be a great weekend! I can hardly wait!

:)

2. Calixte

May 3, 2002
    I have an extra room booked at the Marriott for this convention. I have up until 24 hours before the event to cancel it if I have no takers. Anyone? If you want it, contact me privately and I will give you the confirmation numbers and information.

3. Maleficant

Maleficant Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 16, 2002
    Please remember that the entire Council Staff will be at Dragon from today till very late Monday night.

Please have a safe and fun holiday weekend.

We will post pics of our adventures when we return! :D

4. Skidder

Skidder Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 7, 2000
    Enjoy

5. Khemist_Karla

Khemist_Karla Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 22, 2002
    Have fun you guys! :D

Can't wait to see the pictures!

6. JediMom3

JediMom3 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2003
    I wish I was going! :_|
    You guys have fun, we will miss you :D

7. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    Dragon Con rocked!!!! Pics coming soon.

8. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    We had a great time hanging with you guys! Can't wait for the next con! And Wendy...

ROYAL GUARDS RULE! :D

9. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    Meriwyn, I second that notion!!!

10. Toymaster

Toymaster Jedi Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    Nice to meet some of you guys at Dragon*Con! And Calixte, my Solo costume was waiting for me when I got home. I love it!

Oh yeah, and I'm proud to say that my roommate at Dragon*Con is this year's Mr. Star Wars! [face_laugh]

11. Calixte

May 3, 2002
    Hey Toymaster,
    Good to meet you too. Glad your Han costume made it - too bad it couldn't have been sooner. :)
    J

12. TenguJedi

TenguJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 29, 2002
    Welcome back everyone! I can't wait to see the pictures. :)

13. JediMom3

JediMom3 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2003
    Welcome Back, Glad your home safe. Looking forward to seeing all the pictures. :D

14. iycis

iycis Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 7, 2002
    I had such a blast this weekend!!! I'm going through withdrawal and was very sad to have to dress in normal clothing today :( lol. I wish I had a website otherwise I'd post my pics. I'm happy to say though that Jenni, Spat, and I won Judge's Favorite in the Star Wars Costume contest :)

15. PadawanNick

PadawanNick Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 6, 2001
    You DO have a web site.
    If you can email the pics to me, I'll have 'em on the PhillyOuterRim.org tonight!
    :D

That pretty much goes for anyone that's a member (as long as the images are in line with SW's PG rating that is 8-} )
    Just PM me if you need the address.

Glad to hear everyone had such a great time!!!

Have fun.

16. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    Thanks for reminding us Nick!! :D

17. Fermez_La_Boushh

Fermez_La_Boushh Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 2, 2002
    Just sticking my head in the door to say hey Wendy, Jenni, Julia! So glad to get together with y'all this past weekend. We do need to plan some more stuff together.

Everybody's costumes looked great!

Maria
    ID-1062

P.S. Mr. Star Wars was a hoot! Did I hear correctly that the winner helps run theforce.net?

18. iycis

iycis Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 7, 2002
    Thanks Nick. I'll send some over this weekend when I have a chance.

19. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    Hey Maria, we definetly need to get together again very soon. It was great hanging out with you at the 501st mixer and the FF dinner!! lol

20. Calixte

May 3, 2002
  21. Calixte

May 3, 2002
    Great to see you too Maria! Wish we'd had more chance to hang out. Saturday was way too busy...no more running from event to event any more..would rather hang out in costume and enjoy cold beverages with my pals. :)

22. Calixte

May 3, 2002
    Thanks for the welcome home Andrea. It is good to be home even though it's back to normal life now. :) Next con: Phil Con....

23. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    Hey all! :)

I'm just dropping in to say that it was an absolute blast meeting the contigent from KofP. Jenni, it was great seeing you for the second year in a row. Wendy, it was wonderful meeting you and we really should hang out together more next year. I have a feeling that we could get into a lot of harmless trouble together. ;)

Zippy, you were a great Mr. Star Wars contestant. I do hope you'll enter again next year. :)

And to the rest of you that I met, I want to say that it was a real pleasure to meet you and I do hope to see you all again next year. :D

24. PadawanNick

PadawanNick Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 6, 2001
    Just a reminder that you guys can email those pics to me whenever you're ready!!!!
    Looking forward to having them on our site!
    Have fun.

25. Calixte

May 3, 2002
    Nick,
    Photos will not be emailed just yet. Jack and Rick are our new Archivists and will be collecting pictures from links. They will then catalog them by event and date and work with you to put up specific pictures in the website Gallery. Eventually they will also be backing up copies of our pictures on CDRom and printing some out to create hard copy photo albums we can display on our table at conventions.

They will be in touch with you as to the process they set up. :)

Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.