main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Dragon Con 2003

Discussion in 'Archive: King of Prussia, PA' started by Calixte, Jul 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maleficant

Maleficant Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 16, 2002
    OK then should we be emailing our pics to them then? Also someone needs to start surfing the net and look for more pics of us. I am starting to see pics all over the place.

2. Calixte

Calixte Jedi Youngling star 4

May 3, 2002
    For everyone:
    If you have pictures of an event that you would like to include in our archives, please send them to Jack and/or Rick. Please wait for their instruction ,however, as to how to proceed.

Jack/Rick: Both of you decide how you want folks to send you pictures. You may want to set up a separate email account that both of you can access to receive pics since some of the files tend to be large. You guys will also want to set up a separate thread on this board with instructions as to how you want folks to proceed sending you things.

Wendy - collecting pics off links is part of the Archivist's job. They have already received instruction from me about collecting from DC 2003.

Everyone - Jack and Rick have a HUGE job ahead of them as I have instructed them to go back to June 2002 looking for pics online. Let them get organized and stay tuned for their instructions. Please everyone - do not go looking for pictures online on purpose - this is our Archivists' job. If you happen to come across one then send them the link. The reason not to go looking is they may already have found the link and saved copies of the pics from it. I don't want them to get confused.

We will be saving pictures in three ways:

1)Jack and Rick will collect and store in an online location which will most likely be on phillyouterrim.org for the gallery as well as possibly an online photo storage site to hold the ones not showing in the gallery.

2) Jack and Rick will be transferring pictures to CDRom once they are set up for it in order to ensure we always have a copy.

3) Hardcopy photo albums will be created with specific pictures for display at cons and other events where appropriate.

Thanks All! :)

3. jackdoud

jackdoud Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2002
    Hey everyone,
    Rick and I are still working out how we're going to do this. I've been collecting pics as I find them once I get the owner's permission. If you have your pics up on a site you can email me the link and I'll get them there. Unfortunatly my Hotmail account is constantly overflowing so I can't have anyone email me pics directly yet. We'll get back to you with more details once we figure out what they are :)

-Jack
    (jackdoud@hotmail.com)

4. Maleficant

Maleficant Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 16, 2002
    Thanks for the info everyone, I'll wait till someone gets back to me about my pics then. :D

5. strangebehaviour

strangebehaviour Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2002
    Hey Mal, do you have that picture of us posted anywhere? I'd like a copy. :)

6. TenguJedi

TenguJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 29, 2002
    Jack and I are working out the details and we'll get back to everyone very soon.

7. jackdoud

jackdoud Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2002
    Does anyone have Mary Alice's email address? I tried the one listed on the 501st website but it didn't work. I'm trying to get permission from her to download her Dragoncon pics for the archive.

-Jack

8. TenguJedi

TenguJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 29, 2002
    Anyone wishing to send in thier photos can now send them to

PORArchive@yahoo.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.