Dragon Con 2004

Discussion in 'Daytona Beach, FL' started by Q99213, Jun 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Q99213 Jedi Master

star 4
    May as well start now. It looks like DC is going to be the first weekend most of us start the fall semester: Sept. 3,4, and 5. I know that puts a damper on things for most of us, but here's some info for anyone else that's interested:

If you haven't booked your room, do so NOW. I've already heard reports that the Marriott is completely booked.
    Dragon Con prices have gone up ($10 I believe) over previous years. You save money by buying a membership early.
    DragonCon.org has a new layout, go check it out.
    501st Track
    Rebel Legion Track
    A new independant Costuming Track (all genres).
    Steve Sandsweet - Episode III Presentation?
    A Star Wars Wedding
    The Star Wars Costume Contest
    The Dragon Con Costume Contest
    501st/Rebel Legion Mixer
    Rena Owens
    Daniel Logan
    Steve Sansweet
    Jeremy Bulloch
    Richard LeParmentier
    Dave Prowse
    Mike Quinn
    Greef Keefer
    and much much more.

Jimmy Burns
    Georgia 501st CO
    www.ga501st.com
  2. Jayna Jedi Master

star 4
    It's in Atlanta, right? How far of a drive would that be? Would it be a possibility for me to just drive there and back? I don't know if I'll be able to spare a whole weekend, but I've always wanted to check it out.
  3. Q99213 Jedi Master

star 4
    Depends on how fast you drive. Average is about 7 hours. The thing is, if you want a decent hotel you have to book now, so it's kinda tough to start planning ahead. And the thing about DC is, it's not the con that most people enjoy, but the nightlife.
  4. jedidoughboy Jedi Knight

them georgia troopers can smell an out of town speeder from 5 miles away. try to avoid rush hour traffic.
  5. Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling

star 5
    it's not the con that most people enjoy, but the nightlife.

I have to disagree with that a little. ;)

While the nightlife and the parties are a huge part of Dragon*Con, the con itself is a blast. I enjoy seeing all the costumes, talking with all the FanForce folks that show up, and checking out many of the panels.

The Hothlanta Rebels will be holding at FanForce dinner during DragonCon on Saturday, Sept. 4th, at 5:30 p.m. The location will be the Trader Vic's restaurant that is in the Hilton hotel (which is across from the Marriott). This time may change once the DragonCon schedule firms up.

We'll also be hosting the 2nd annual Mr. Star Wars contest, which is part of the Matters of the Force track. More info on that will be forthcoming.

It should be noted, for those who aren't familiar with DragonCon, that it is the largest Sci-Fi/Fantasy convention in the Southeast and one of the largest cons in the nation. If you can spare the time and the cash, it is worth attending. :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.