Dragon*Con 2004

Discussion in 'Atlanta, GA' started by Meriwyn, Jul 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council

star 7
    It is a silent auction. The seller number you will get at the auction before it starts and write it on the tickets. The Item number is your items 1-10 or what ever. The sellers usually just write down their names rather than badge numbers. At the end, he or she who has the highest bid wins. You collect up your winning bids(if a buyer) and check out and pay. If your a seller, you collect those items that don't sell(hopefully not alot) and then go to the MOTF room I think she said about 2 pm and get your money!

All right. I gotcha. Thanks for the explanatioin.

I've got more questions... [face_blush] I've only been to C2 before, so pardon my newbieness...

What is the Walk of Fame?

Are the documents such as the ones listed in [link=http://www.dragoncon.org/]Announcements[/link] available in printed form at the con? All I really need is the schedule listings, but I don't want to print that out if copies will be available at the con...

What is the sign area? I saw that all autographs in the "autograph area" are free, though numbers may be limited. Is this what SIGN refers to?
  2. SoyTuPadre Jedi Youngling

The Walk of Fame is where all the "big" stars will sign things for you :D The "SIGN" area is the free ones, mostly authors.

And yes, all of the things on the Announcements page are printed out at the Con...well the pocket program is anyways, and there's a schedule in that :D

Yeah I went all fangirl too Triani! [face_laugh]

God bless!

-Mallory
  3. Mos_Eisleian_Radio Jedi Master

star 4
    I'll be attendng Dragon*Con again this year. I had a lot fun last year, so I'm looking forward to this year even more.

Phil
  4. Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council

star 7
    The Walk of Fame is where all the "big" stars will sign things for you grin The "SIGN" area is the free ones, mostly authors.

Ok, I gotcha. I figured that was what SIGN was and I know most movie/tv personalities charge for autographs, so I'm not surprised. Thanks! :)
  5. trianiigirl Jedi Master

star 5
    I hope it doesn't rain on us again this year.
  6. RosieWook Jedi Youngling

star 3
    According to WSB-TV, we have the usual summertime chances of rain.

Of course, Hurricane Frances could change course and really mess up that forecast. Or, alternatively, it could just mess up the coast like the last one and leave us with a picture-perfect weekend!
  7. Jace Darkrider Jedi Youngling

star 3
    I think we'll be fine. The storm won't even hit the northern part of FL until Sunday if it goes on it's projected path. But we'll probably get the scattered showers. At least, that's wha the weather.com says...but then, when are weather folks 100% right?
  8. ObiWill Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Have fun everybody! We have our DC 2003 badges on in solidarity with all you con-goers. :D
  9. trianiigirl Jedi Master

star 5
    w00t, I got the first post-Con post! :p

Hehehe, I had a blast this year. I got to see both Daniel Logan and Ray Park! What dolls! [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]
  10. Jedi_Samantha Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Pictures Pictures! Come on! Im dying to see pictures!!!!
  11. Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council

star 7
    Squee! Squee! Dragon*Con was awesome! :cool: Ok, I'm like dead. Honestly. I'm still in a half asleep daze. I-)

I had an awesome time though and met a lot of great people, both famous and others I just knew online. I went through 5 rolls of film and I'll post pictures when I get them uploaded. :D
  12. Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling

star 5
    I need sleep... :p

I had a wonderful time. It was great seeing old friends and meeting new ones. :D

I also got to meet the three members of the Firefly cast who were present. And Sharon and I ran into Ray Park in the Marriott fitness center on Friday morning, which was pretty cool. :)
  13. Jedi_Samantha Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Bria.. hehe Daniel logan likes you to? Hehe..

He met me in New Jersey in trooper armor.. and remembered me 1 year later out at comic con.. hehe. Kids got a good memory!
  14. Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council

star 7
    Bria.. hehe Daniel logan likes you to? Hehe..

He met me in New Jersey in trooper armor.. and remembered me 1 year later out at comic con.. hehe. Kids got a good memory!

Yep, he said he loved the fangirls. I definately count as that and he did meet me at Dragon*Con... more than once. :D

Isn't it awesome when these folks remember you? I know trianiigirl was happy that Ray Park remembered her and I was thrilled that Aaron Allston remembered me from Celebration 2... :cool:

I feel like an idiot having to ask this... but Temuera Morrison was actually there, right? I didn't see his name as a guest, and I thought that there was just an awesome Jango that coincidentally looked like the actor, but after the Boba Fett thing on Sunday, I'm thinking it really was him... or was I right all along and it was just a fan? :confused:
  15. ObiWill Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Glad to hear you guys had a good time. Hope to see y'all next year. :D

-Mr. Star Wars Hopeful 2005
  16. Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling

star 5
    We did miss you at the dinner and Mr. Star Wars contest this year, Will. I do hope to see you next year. :)
  17. motf-jan Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Mr Star WArs was awesome! We laughed so hard, and the winner, what a cutie! I'd take him!

Kudos to all the Rebels for the hard work that went into that program and for a great fan table. It was nice see you all again. DragonCon is always alot of fun!

Janet
  18. DarthGyos Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Hello all,
    It was nice to meet you at DC!

I hope to be there again next year. This year was too much fun!

Later!
    ~DG~
  19. wookiechick66 Jedi Youngling

star 1
    The Columbus GA Fan Force folks enjoyed our volunteer time w/ you all. :)

I had a good time even though the 501st raffle had taken over the floor during the hour I was there.

DC is always fun, no matter what.

HOTLANTA - I loved looking at your scrapbooks. We have several folks who scrapbook DC photo's here and I keep the FCFN book.

See you soon I hope.
  20. Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling

star 5
    That raffle got insane, didn't it? ;)

It was a pleasure meeting you Columbus folks, as well. And I am glad that you enjoyed our scrapbooks. Several of us put alot of work into them and we feel our work is rewarded when folks enjoy looking at them. :)
  21. RagingBantha Jedi Youngling

Sigh....its over. I had a great time. Most of which was spending seeing how much self torture i could inflict to myself in that armor. It was all worth it. It was so nice to be drunk around those I do know on saturday you guys know who you are. Working the table was fun both times though that 501st raffle did crowd everything. Me and zak and the signs were awesome. of the 4 times I've been to dragoncon this has to be the most memorable thanks everyone for making my year.

The Raging Bantha
  22. RosieWook Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Thanks to everyone for coming. And congrats to Nabooty Call for being our Mr. Star Wars 2004!

And no...Tem Morrison was not at DragonCon. There is a gentleman in the 501st who looks amazingly like him, though. They took a picture together at CII.

And Raging...you were drunk? I'm shocked! :)
  23. Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling

star 5
    I'm just wondering if Raging's chicken biscuit ever got eaten. :p
  24. Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council

star 7
    And no...Tem Morrison was not at DragonCon. There is a gentleman in the 501st who looks amazingly like him, though. They took a picture together at CII.

Thanks, Rosie. Like I said, I didn't think it was him... but then I saw the rapport between him and Daniel after the Boba Fett panel and I got to wondering... that is an amazing resembelence!
  25. Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council

star 7
    Shoot! I just missed the edit time.

Anyway... [link=http://www.pbase.com/tyrus/image/33587746]look what I found[/link]! :cool:

I can't believe I didn't recognize them on Sunday after meeting them Saturday... [face_blush]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.