main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Edmonton Dragon*Con 2007

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by BFett333, Oct 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. liannb

liannb Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2002
  2. Ky-Wan

Ky-Wan Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    hey if the passport place in meadowlark opens at 9 should I get there by 7 or so?

3. BFett333

BFett333 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 22, 2003
    Just my two cents.....but I'd go to the main one if you're going to stand in line. I'm pretty sure my passport is waiting for me at the post office so that's only 3 weeks from the date that I stood in line. I think, but could be completely wrong, that the outlets aren't the same as the main office. That's my understanding anyway. But like I said....I could be wrong about that.

4. Ky-Wan

Sep 19, 2002
    From what I understand it's like an extra 30 days but as long as it gets processed that's fine. I really have no desire to go to canada place that early for this thing. And I do not like driving down town. If the other place doesn't process them which I understand it does then I'll go to the main one

5. Domino_Leia

Domino_Leia Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 4, 2005
    I'm bailing on going to D*con. Sorry.

6. Ky-Wan

Sep 19, 2002
    aww sorry to hear that Kyla

7. BFett333

Jun 22, 2003
    So CIV was great.....but I stand by my previous statement that DCon is waaaaaay better. CIV had a much different feel than CIII. I'm glad I got to go....but if there is a CV I doubt I'll be going. I'll tell you guys allllll about it. Now...onwards with the DCon planning! WOOT!!!!!

8. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    cool can't wait to hear about it, getting excited for dragon con

9. BFett333

Jun 22, 2003
    I took several pics of the Slave Leia in the archives for you and Erin, Liann, as well as some different angles of the two dresses they had there. 6 million of the ROTJ Fett as well of course....hehehe

Everyone that I talked to was more than pumped for DCon. It's going to be a GREAT Con. CIV was a lot of work for a lot of us who volunteered. DCon is much more packed with just fun. Don't get me wrong....I loved every minute of CIV but....you'll all see when you get there what the differece is.

So.......at the moment we have two rooms. I'm guessing that now that Kyla isn't going....and I'm not sure about Terry and Shanna, that I might be able to get rid of one of those rooms? Liann I have room for you in my room as well as for one other so no worries. And....I have a taker for the other room so I need to know who's going and who's not so these people know whether or not they have a room.

10. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    awesome i was so choked when i saw it was on display and missed it.

i think shanna is coming

11. Ky-Wan

Sep 19, 2002
    I'm still coming and room is booked, stil gotta get plane ticket and ticket for the con..adn hope passport come sin august the beginning tops

12. Jenisteen

Jenisteen Jedi Youngling

Apr 14, 2007
    I was really hoping to go this year but finances will not allow. But I'll be attending next year with my own table in the dealers room ( if everything works out). Can't wait to read some con reports and see pics!

13. Ky-Wan

Sep 19, 2002
    cool you coming tot he june meeting?

I'll be proposing my larp idea at dc assuming I have enough intrest there I can run it past rl and 501 people here as it will require a lot of people

how was your c4?

14. Jenisteen

Jenisteen Jedi Youngling

Apr 14, 2007
    Alas I cannot hit the meeting coming up. I have a friend visiting from Australia for another 3 weeks so.

Celebration was amazing, we had such a great time, our hotel was amazing and the people and friends we met made it all worth it. I came back broke so you know its got to be good.

15. Ky-Wan

Sep 19, 2002
    lol cool, we a;ll had the same expereince when we wetn to c3 and probably will when we go to dragoncon as well or at least that's the hope heh

16. BFett333

Jun 22, 2003
    Okay.....I'm getting rid of one of the rooms then to friends I have in Atlanta. The remaining room will be me, Liann, Shana and my friend Rhonda.

17. ShatirLavan

ShatirLavan Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 19, 2005
    After a wonderful week at CIV, I've decided that I'm also going to hit up Dragon*Con this year. Jentress from the New England Garrison and I are sharing a room at the Marriot. I've purchased my badge, but I have yet to purchase my plane ticket.

The list of costumes I have to finish is extensive. Some are almost done, most are not.

BSG Olive Drab BDU's - 95%
    King Leonidas (alongside Jentress' Queen Gorgo)
    -costume - 60%
    -ripped muscles and gnarly beard - umm, not yet
    AOTC Anakin (alongside both Fireside Padme and Asajj Jentress) - 40%
    Custom Mando (alongside Jen's custom) - 10%

I might try to throw together a couple other quick night costumes, but only time (and my wallet) will tell.

18. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    thats great :)

19. Ky-Wan

Sep 19, 2002
    cool see ya there

20. BFett333

Jun 22, 2003
    Don't forget about the big parade, Shawn....if you want to march you'll need a 501st costume. Unless you're marching with the Rebel Legion...in which case you're all set!

21. ShatirLavan

Sep 19, 2005
    I think I'll march with RL. I don't think I'll be able to fit the clone in with everything else I'm taking.

22. Ky-Wan

Sep 19, 2002
    Don't know if I'm gonna with the Legion or Jedi Assembly or maybe the Lord of the Rings guys

23. ShatirLavan

Sep 19, 2005
    If there are a group of Spartans marching, I might join up with them. Or any custom Mandos. I'll figure it out later.

24. BFett333

Jun 22, 2003
    We should start looking at our flights folks. My Greg is coming with us now! He's not going to attend the Con though. So while I'm doing Con stuff he's going to take in some baseball games etc. He and I are going to go to the Aquarium and stuff! Should be fun!

So flights right now are pretty much what I paid last year....$517 plus taxes. That's with one stop. I have a preference for leaving early on the 30th simply because it's a loooong travel day and I'd rather get in to Hotlanta in the late afternoon so we can get our DCon passes and settle in rather than late at night. There is one flight that looks good - we leave Edmonton on United Flight 5940 at 7:00 a.m. and arrive in Atlanta at 4:22 with one stop in Chicago. The nice thing about stopping in Chicago is that the longest part of the flight is over by then (3 1/2 hours) and we only have another 2 hours to go. We'd have just under 2 hours of layover in Chicago which is perfect. It's a HUGE airport and we'll need some of it just to get to our terminal. Then we can get a bite to eat....and hang out a little before we get on the next plane.

The flight is over half booked already so if we all want to travel together we better decide asap! We should look at other airlines too.

25. BFett333

Jun 22, 2003
    Ooooo...Northwest Airlines looks good! Same price - I think including taxes - bigger planes (3 and 3) and shorter travel times! WOOT!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.