main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ark Dragon Con 2008: Planning starts now!!!

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by hyperspace_police, Oct 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    So here's the deal:

It's always on Labor Day weekend... It's a great Con... I don't want to have to foot my hotel room by myself again...

Plus, as long as nothing changes between now and then... You get to see myself and Nyborg in a new light... (It'll be worth it...Trust me)

So, mark your calendars... start saving your dough.

I'm looking forward to this one!

2. solo71

solo71 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2007
    I'm interested. I've got a college friend named Stephen Granade who lives near Atlanta who volunteers every year, and helps write, produce, and act in some of the Dragoncon Tv skits (Bald guy, goatee, recently was Professor X in "The Mutant who Loved Me" James Bond parody, and did the lip sync to Jonathan Coultans song "RE: Your Brains.")

I thought about going this year, but didn't realy start thinking about it til to late and knew I would'nt have the dough. So roughly, what is the average expense like, in terms of the admission cost and hotel and such?

3. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    Thats freakin' hilarious... I saw that guy in skits all weekend on Dragon TV... (Heck... I sat and watched that all night one night) That is so cool...

Looking forward to it.

4. solo71

solo71 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2007
    Stephen was always a pretty funny and creative guy. One of my favorite skits he did for Dragoncon was a couple of years ago. It was modeled after the "the more you know" public service announcements on NBC. He was dressed up as Ming the Merciless, and said something to the effect of.."Remember, citizens of the empire. Never Assume, or you will make an ass out of you, and Ming."

5. otisdodge

otisdodge Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2004
    I would like to go and share hotel room costs. When is the deadline before passes go up in price?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.