main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roch, NY Dragon*Con - Atlanta, GA - Sept 2nd-5th

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Doc_Bev, Jul 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    KnightShade and I will be attending this con and was wondering if anyone else from up here was thinking of attending.

Here's their website: www.dragoncon.org

It's the weekend right after CNSFX so it'll definitely make for one expensive month, but it should be a blast.

~Doc_Bev

2. HothGirl

HothGirl Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 23, 2002
    I was going to try really hard to get there but I don't think it's going to happen. This week I realized that I really don't have the funds or the time I can take off currently (though if I get a new job between now and then....)

But yeah, as much as I wanted to go I think CIII pretty much tapped me out for the year.

3. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    If anyone wants us to pick up autographs for them - let me know. Just take a look at the guest list, we'll be in line for a lot of the celebrities for ourselves anyways.

~Doc_Bev

4. TD-027

TD-027 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 27, 2004
    Wow! You guys are nuts :). As great as it sounds, I think we will be saving every penny for awhile as we try to buy a new house.

D-

5. TX4277

TX4277 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 6, 2005
    I have succeeded in scheduling, getting my 4 day pass paid for, getting flight reservations... just leaves hotel!

WOOHOO I'm going to dCon!

M

6. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Yeah!!
    [face_dancing]

~Doc_Bev

7. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Well, there goes my chances at getting a Firefly cast shot completed. Nathan Fillion just cancelled from Dragon*Con. Also Louis Fletcher (Kai Winn from ST:DS9) and Anthony Cistaro (Irons from Witchblade) cancelled and those were two other people I was hoping to get autographs from... :(

~Doc_Bev

8. HothGirl

Dec 23, 2002
    There's been a lot of talk on the boards about Joss as well, as to whether or not he's really going to show. He sent out an email to the browncoats saying he didn't know anything about it, told someone else he was going and no one wants to confirm or deny. :p

Guess if this is his idea of a joke, it's certainly got people talking.

Sucks about Nathan and Cistaro too...bummer. :(

9. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Im considering going but would need to tag along with someone ... anyone have any floor space in their hotel? :)

10. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Not us, sorry.
    Since we managed to get a babysitter for Connor - we're not planning on sharing our room. ;)

TX4277's the only other one from Rochester that I know of that's going down. Maybe TC0620 too - I can't remember what he decided. I don't know if either of them are interested in sharing rooms.

This will probably be our first and last Dragon*Con for a few years. I know at least for next year we'll probably be at CNSFX. They just announced the dates for their 2006 show and it will conflict with Dragon*Con '06. :(

~Doc_Bev

11. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Oh, man! Now Summer Glau has cancelled too... :(

Strawbary - I would recommend trying Rebel Legion or 501st boards. I'm pretty sure both have roommates threads.

~Doc_Bev

12. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Well, now it's official - Joss Whedon won't be at Dragon*Con. :(

And, we have just been informed by Universal that due to a personal commitment Joss Whedon will not be attending Dragon Con this year.

~Doc_Bev

13. HothGirl

Dec 23, 2002
    Joss has been saying that for a month now but no one has confirmed. :( Still stinks...but as someone posted on the Browncoats boards that asked him about it, he said family comes first.

Gah! It would be nice to catch him at another con...Oh! Here's an idea, maybe Rochester should host a big ol' Shindig and have everyone come out! Joss, the cast...hehee...A girl can dream, right? ;)

14. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2001
    Yeah a shindig here in rochester would be nice, and you can wear that big poofy dress.

15. HothGirl

Dec 23, 2002
    I HAVE to make that dress..."I love the ruffles!"

16. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
  17. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Wish us luck as KnightShade, TX4722, TC0620 and I head down south! We do have internet access in our room, but since there's a fee I don't know how often I'll be online.

I'm not looking forward to $6 a gallon gas prices, that's for sure. :mad:
    It's a good thing our hotel is within walking distance.

~Doc_Bev

18. T_StarFlyer

T_StarFlyer Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2004
    OH Dave was going down too????/ Ok tell him to ignore my PM about seeing if he wanted to do the telethon :oops:

19. JediXXL

JediXXL Force Ghost star 6

Apr 11, 2003
    I'm sure they found out about this at Dragon Con but it was also announced today:

Costumer & Rebel Of the Year announced
    Sunday, September 04, 2005, 10:07:24 PM

Rebel Legion Echo Base
    It is my pleasure to announce to the entire Legion that 2 members have been singled out for their contribution to the Rebel Legion over the last year.

In a legion wide vote, Darren Blum was selected as Costumer of the Year. His work on his Wookie costume impressed just about everyone who's seen it, and this award recognizes his work.

Also Matt Hofmann has been selected Rebel Of the Year. His work over the past year has inspired many, and was recognized by first being appointed XO and later elected as CO Of the Midwest Base.

My congratulations to both Members.

May the Force Be with you.

Let's hear it for Darren! =D=

20. T_StarFlyer

T_StarFlyer Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2004
    WOOHOOOOOOOO![face_dancing]

21. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Yay! [face_dancing]
    Yes, this was announced at the Rebel Legion dinner at Dragon*Con on Friday evening. We're very excited about it.

~Doc_Bev

22. BobaChris12

BobaChris12 Former RSA star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 30, 2002
    Congrats Darren! Well deserved!!!!

23. RogueSquadronWingnut

RogueSquadronWingnut Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2002
    Agreed Well Done!

24. MadKidJedi

MadKidJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2005
    All right!! Well-deserved indeed! Now, what're ya gonna do for next year...???

25. -KnightShade-

-KnightShade- Jedi Youngling star 2

May 18, 2004
    Thank you all!

MadKid - that was one of the first things out of my mouth after I learned that I won...
    "How does one top a Wookiee?"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.