main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Dragon*Con FanForce Dinner

Discussion in 'Archive: Fayetteville, NC' started by Minacia_Brightstar, Jul 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    The Atlanta FanForce is hosting a dinner for FanForce and JC folks who will be visiting Atlanta to attend Dragon*Con.

The FanForce dinner will be held on Friday, August 30th, at 7:30PM. The location will be Trader Vic's, a restaurant located inside the Atlanta Hilton, which is just a short walk away from the Marriott and Hyatt where the con is being held. The exact address for the Hilton is Courtland & Harris Streets, NE, Atlanta GA.

The cost of the meal will be $38.10 per person (tax & tip included). It can be paid at the time of the meal.

Now, I know this sounds pricey, but this is a nice "sit down" meal. No one is required to pay for the meal, if all you want to do is drop by to visit. However, if at least 35 people RSVP to pay for the meal, we will have a private room, with our own servers.

Here is the menu that we, along with the Trader Vic's management, have put together:

Everyone will get all of the following "tidbits":
    • 1 spare rib

• 2 crab rangoons

• 1 egg roll

Everyone will get a choice of one of the following "starters":
    • Trader Vic's Mixed Greens w/ Javanese dressing

• Won-Ton soup with snow peas, black mushrooms, cha sui pork

And finally, everyone will get a choice of one of the following entrees:
    • Atlantic Salmon, steamed Cantonese style w/ ginger and green onions

• New York Pepper Steak (USDA Prime) w/ Cognac pepper sauce

• Kung Pao Chicken served w/ peppers and peanuts and a hot, spicy sauce

• Trader Vic's vegetable stir fried rice

• Stir Fried Chicken w/ snow peas and bok choy

Any alcoholic drinks or dessert will cost extra. More information about Trader Vics can be found at tradervics.com.

Anyone who is affiliated with FanForce or the JC is invited to join us.

Please RSVP by August 20th to minacia@hothlantarebels.com. Please let me know whether you will be paying for the meal, or if you will just be stopping by to visit with us. Remember, if we have at least 35 folks attending who will be paying for a meal, we will be given a private room.

If you have any questions, post them here, or you can send me a private message or an e-mail.

For more information about Dragon*Con, go to dragoncon.org

I hope to see all of you at Dragon*Con! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.