Colum, GA Dragon*Con Initial Guest List

Discussion in 'South East Regional Discussion' started by Cosmic_Knight, Mar 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cosmic_Knight Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hi,

I finally got around to registering for the boards. :cool:

In surfing the net today, I saw that Dragon*Con has their initial guest list posted, some 43 people as I recall. I thought the local group would want to know, in case you haven't see it yet.

Everett
  2. MotF FanForce Chapter Rep Columbus, GA USA

Chapter Rep
    star 2
    Hi,

Yes, the initial list was announced yesterday at Director's meeting. The new webmaster is quick to task for getting them up.

As of this date, no Star Wars related guests, have not been announced.

I have been contacted by several to show interest in coming, a few to let me know they are planning on coming, etc. But, none to be announced.

To keep up to date for Star Wars Programming, visit www.dm.net/~sf-motf or www.dragoncon.org and select Star Wars.

Cathy Bowden, Director
    Star Wars Programming
    DragonCon, Inc.
  3. wookiechick66 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Howdy Everett

I will go check it out. Hollie will be thrilled.

I am excited about DC, since it will be my only vacation this year.

See you soon, maybe at another hockey game.
  4. Phoenix21 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hi, just saw the list then clicked over here and what are you talking about but DC. I'm looking forward to it. Can't wait for some names to appear for SW or SCG1. I did see Richard Hatch (as usual) will be there and that will be great so I can get my BSG book signed that came with the series.

Mike had a great time at the hocky game. He is looking forward to DC even more than before, now that he knows how much crazy fun is up there.

See ya'll soon. Hollie
  5. Phoenix21 Jedi Knight

star 1
    They just put out a name today...
    Daniel Logan will be there. For those like me who have a hard time remembering who is who, he played Bobo Fett (the kid) in Ep. 2
  6. MotF FanForce Chapter Rep Columbus, GA USA

Chapter Rep
    star 2
    Inside Star Wars Episode III with Steve Sansweet

This year at Dragon*Con, get a true insider?s glimpse into the Star Wars galaxy, straight from Steve Sansweet, head of Fan Relations at Lucasfilm, Ltd.

Just as the Star Wars saga has grown to be a vital force in popular culture through the years, Sansweet and his Star Wars presentations have become a part of popular convention culture. Enjoy a look into the making of the highly-anticipated Star Wars Episode III, the coming film that will tie the entire Star Wars saga together. Sansweet will also share insights into the upcoming release of the original Star Wars trilogy on DVD, as well as news on other special events coming up in the Star Wars galaxy.

Lots of exciting visuals, audience questions, and Lucasfilm answers - Steve Sansweet offers a Dragon*Con presentation that?s not to be missed!

There will be more announcements in the next few weeks.

Cathy
  7. wookiechick66 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Sounds like a good SW year at Dragon Con. Yeah........
  8. Phoenix21 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Sweet...can't wait...getting more and more excited. Hope to see lots of us up there having a ball.
  9. Cosmic_Knight Jedi Knight

star 1
    In the latest update from about a week ago, they added Peter Mayhew to this year's guest list on the D*C site. I believe the Star Wars guest list is currently:

- Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca)
    - Daniel Logan (young Boba Fett)
    - Rena Owen (voice of Taun We)
    - Steve Sansweet (Lucasfilm - not listed at D*C site yet, but confirmed here and other places)
    - Also, a couple of people who have worked on SW comics

Some sad news from outside the Star Wars realm. I have read reports that Richard Biggs, Babylon 5's Dr. Franklin, passed away suddenly this weekend. I have not gone to great lengths to verify that this is not just a rumor, but my sources say the news came from JMS. Mr. Biggs was to be a Dragon*Con guest again this year. :(
  10. Frank-0-Sport Jedi Padawan

Greetings ...

Here's the information on Mr. Biggs' passing from the JMSNEWS.COM web-site.

Wasn't a regular watcher of the show, but I remember the character Biggs played.

Peace and Flowers from Frank-0-Sport
  11. Wookieefan84 Jedi Padawan

Old face but new name. I had to re registar. JIll Here.

I have been away too long . Cosmic Knight reminded me. Books A Million has been providing me lots of hours. I hope we are doing something soon that I can attend. I will ask Phenix if it is the 19th, so I can take the day off from BAM.

We are welcome to meet at BAM i just have to give the GM notice. They have great new drinks there. Brad will lOVE THEM.
  12. Phoenix21 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Yes, the offical date is June 19th. Currently looking at a matinee and dinner after or lunch before. Still working out the details. Brad is checking with others. Will post when we have final plans.

May LaGrange use the force and come join us.
  13. Cosmic_Knight Jedi Knight

star 1
    Phoenix, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I read on another e-mail list that there will be no Stargate guests at D*C this year. Bummer. :( After having guests there 2 years in a row, it's a shame to have the streak broken.
  14. Phoenix21 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I've been seeing how they are stretched thin between several other Cons so I'm not surprised.

But that's ok - SW rocks!
  15. MotF FanForce Chapter Rep Columbus, GA USA

Chapter Rep
    star 2
    Hi,

As of the director's meeting July 10th the following Star Wars guests will be at Dragon*Con:

Aaron Allston
    Michael Stackpole
    Peter Mayhew
    Daniel Logan
    Jeremy Bulloch
    Richard LeParmentier
    Mike Quinn
    Rena Owens
    Dave Prowse
    Steve Sansweet

Pretty good line up! Had some changes to the schedule at the meeting, but will have the schedule (which is always tentative until the panel starts) at Star Wars: Matters of the Force

Cathy
  16. MotF FanForce Chapter Rep Columbus, GA USA

Chapter Rep
    star 2
    Dave Prowse will be unable to attend Dragon*Con. I received email from Norma with the following statement:

The abscess on his old wound site that we thought was clearing up suddenly got a lot worse and he had surgery on Friday to clean it up. He is undergoing more surgery today (same procedure) and it will have to be done again on Monday. It is unlikely that he will be fit for work for at least one month so it looks as if he will not be at DragonCon. I know he is very disappointed about this, and as you know Dave, he will be there if he possibly can.

If you would like to send 'get well' wishes to Dave, it can be done through me at sf-motf@att.net

Cathy
  17. Cosmic_Knight Jedi Knight

star 1
    Sorry to hear about Dave Prowse; hope he recovers soon.

On the main Dragon*Con page, they posted:
    The staff of Dragon*Con wish to express their sympathy to the family and friends of Kathryn Grant for her sudden death.

Anyone know who this is?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.