main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Macon, GA Dragon Con plans?!?!

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by whipwarrior, Jan 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whipwarrior

whipwarrior Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 25, 2002
    Since I missed the last meeting, I have NO idea what the plans are for the Dragon Con. I have my membership form completed, and the check ready to go. How many of us are going, and when do we send our forms off? (Remember, the sooner we do so, the less it will cost). Somebody please tell me what we're doing!

-Dale

2. Allie Fox

Allie Fox FanForce CR Macon GA US star 3

Jan 13, 2000
    Go ahead and send your form off. At worst it will be you and me going. I'm pretty sure that at least SmilingOtter, LitlleJedi, Grand Admiral Jedi and Sabrann will be going too. Force_Me is a likely (more than not) candidate too. I'm sending my money for membership at the first of the month(when I get paid again). I'll also be reserving a room at that time as well.

3. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    I do hope that you Macon folks will hang out with us Atlanta folks while at Dragon*Con. :)

We may be holding another FF dinner like we did during Dragon*Con 2002. More details on that will be forthcoming as Dragon*Con approaches.

4. whipwarrior

Oct 25, 2002
    I may have to bring a sleeping bag and crash on the floor of your room, (which I am not above doing) because I'm not sure if I can afford $200+ a night. I do hope that more of the Macon Clones are able to attend with us, as it could potentially help defray the cost.

-Dale

5. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    If you let the hotels know that you are coming for Dragon*con, you should get some sort of discount.

And, most folks share a room with one or more friends, as that is the most economical way to attend the con. :)

6. sabrann

sabrann Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 23, 2002
    Actually, me and Jamie are both going but, I will probley wait til taxes to send off our money though......I figured we would all get a room and split the cost with however shows...is that correct Allie ?

7. Force_Me

Force_Me Jedi Youngling

Nov 12, 2002
    Meesa not Goina go to Con. :(

8. whipwarrior

Oct 25, 2002
    I sent my form off yesterday.

9. Allie Fox

Jan 13, 2000
    <waves hand at Force_Me>

You WILL go to Dragon*Con.

;)

10. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    I wanted to go to Dragon Con this year... I really did... but it is the same dates that John Williams is conducting at the Hollywood Bowl... decisions... decisions... *sigh*

11. RemyCat

RemyCat Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 3, 2002
    I'll be there. I've made reservations at the Marriott this year instead of the Hyatt as I actually plan to get a little sleep. If you want to make reservations for the Hyatt, I suggest doing so now. Also a little tip, when you get to the Hyatt, request a room in the International tower. I have for the past 3 years. There are fewer people in that section and it's much easier to get an elevator if you need to get back to the room. Also I suggest staying at the Hyatt or Marriott if you are going to be in costume. It can get very warm trudging up the street in Jedi robes or a flight-suit.

RemyCat

aka X-Wing pilot "Phrog"

12. Allie Fox

Jan 13, 2000
    I just got off the phone with Dragon*Con staff and they took my $50. I DID get the four day membership in exchange.

So?!? Who's going?

Me.
    Whip Warrior.
    Remycat.

Who else?

Post here when you get your membership. I'd also like to know how long we(as a group) intend to stay. I'd still like to get a room at or near the Con and we need to do that soon.

13. whipwarrior

Oct 25, 2002
    Well, I sent my check off two weeks ago, and I'm just waiting for them to send me my badge or whatever it is.

P.S.- Everybody else get the new Insider yet?

14. Smiling-Otter

Smiling-Otter Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 21, 2001
    You'll likely get a confirmation letter or something like that, but I suspect you'll pick up your badge when you arrive. The good news is that you'll be in a MUCH shorter and faster line than those who register on-site.

- Tom

15. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    You should receive a postcard in the mail which will confirm your Dragon*Con registration. You will take that card with you to pick up your badge when you arrive at the con.

A little warning, you probably will spend some time standing a line to get your badge, even if you pre-register. The length of your vigil will depend upon what time of day you go to pick up your badge. I went to pick up mine on the Friday afternoon of the con, and I think I was in line for about an hour. But, if you don't pre-register, you could be standing in line much longer.

16. Smiling-Otter

Mar 21, 2001
    They now have their guest list started at the site.

Among those listed:
    George Takei
    Walter Koenig
    Bruce Boxleitner
    George Lazenby (the lost 007)
    Richard Kiel (Jaws from the Bond movies)
    James Marsters (Spike from Buffy)

- Tom

17. sabrann

sabrann Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 23, 2002
    Unfortunately, me and jamie both will not be able to attend again this year.
    Blast it all ..... maybe next year.

18. Allie Fox

Jan 13, 2000
    I got my postcard sometime last week. There's no turning back now. Next task:

Pressure those that have said they are not going into going with us!

;)

19. wookiechick66

wookiechick66 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 15, 2002
    I hope I can meet most of you at the Con. VidaBuan and I (wookiechick66) will be there for sure. We are Eternal Members, so... We stay at the Marriott as well. Last year, the Sports Bar was good place to grab some grub.

20. bluestarwizard

bluestarwizard Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 25, 2002
    I can't wait to meet you guys at the con. This will be my first year. My girlfriend, me, and HeadHunter will be going from our group.

21. RemyCat

Sep 3, 2002
    Be prepared to have a good time! Maybe we could set up a time and place for the Georgia groups to get together. I know the FanForce dinner is Friday night, but the 501st and the Rebel Legion are also having their dinners Friday night. (sigh, too much to do, too little time) Maybe we could have a get together Sat morning as most of the activities don't start until 10am. Perhaps just before the parade?

phrog

22. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    Just a little FYI:

The Dragon*Con FanForce dinner is now set for 5:00PM on the Saturday of the con. That way, folks will have time to hang out and go to the big evening events which usually kick off around 7:00PM.

We will also be hosting a FanForce fan table. I will be posting a volunteer sign-up sheet soon. If you will have an hour to spare, we'd love to have you help us out.

Heck, I spent almost all of my time at the fan table last year. It ended being the FF meeting spot. :)

More info on the dinner and table will be forthcoming within the next few days, so keep your eyes open.

23. bluestarwizard

bluestarwizard Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 25, 2002
    Saturday morning sounds like a good time to meet, and the FF table seems like a logical spot I guess. Whatever time would be good for everybody else is fine with me. :)

24. Smiling-Otter

Mar 21, 2001
    It seems DC has added a few new guests - Ray Park, for example. Also John Rhys-Davies, Rowdy Roddy Piper, etc.

25. RemyCat

Sep 3, 2002
    Only 21 more days! I hope everyone is ready to go! :) My roommate and I will be leaving from Macon around 8am to get there around 10am on Friday morning. If anyone would like to convoy with us, just let me know and we can set up a time and place. We'll be staying at the Marriot but probably parking at the Suntrust parking deck next door. (The daily rates are a bit cheaper.)

I hope everyone will come out and watch the parade on Sat morning. The details are still being hammered out, but it looks like the 501st is going to put on quite a show!

Phrog

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.