main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Dragon*Con: TFN presents... MIDI-CHLORIANS!

Discussion in 'Archive: Atlanta, GA' started by Chris Knight, Aug 21, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris Knight

Chris Knight TFN Humor Staff star 4 VIP

Jul 8, 1998
    Will be posting this to the main page later tonight. In the meantime, Hothlanta Rebels gets VERY FIRST DIBS on this:

TheForce.net will definitely be making it's presence known at Dragon*Con! We've got Peter and the TFN Digital crew coming. Joanie from FanForce is set to be on a panel discussion about fan websites. Darryl from TFN FanFilms should be around.

And it was confirmed this morning that your friend and humble narrator will be presenting "TheForce.net: Midi-Chlorians" on Friday night at 10 pm at the SW Cantina. This presentation will be an in-depth dissection of midi-chlorians: what we know about them, what they might be and how they work, how they tie into the Force... accompanied by a discussion of real-life issues such as biology, physics, and theology. If you've ever seen the Midi-Chlorians section this will have some BRAND NEW stuff that hasn't been published to that yet.

Anyhoo, it should be a fun time, and can't wait to see all you guys again :)

2. Lord_Gita

Lord_Gita Former TFN FanFilms Staff star 4 VIP

Oct 5, 2000
    You wrote the midi-chlorians essay? Very nice, I read that just when I started working in my bio lab. :)

3. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    Very cool, Chris! Thanks for giving us a heads up. :)

4. MysterySith

MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 17, 2000
    I'll be there too!

Cannot wait!

5. Jace Darkrider

Jace Darkrider Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 1998
    Yo-yo-yo...don't forget I'll be representing in the house with Joanie on that panel. So it looks like we'll have good representation at DragonCon. Our panel is Friday night at 8:30. I guess you could say we're your opening act. I'm gonna hold off on reading your essay to hear real scientific facts put forward on midi-chlorians.

6. red_rose

red_rose Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2001
    Woohoo! A TEM of a mitochondrion on TFN!!!! :D!!!

Ok I do TEM and SEM so its nice to see a connection being made between what I do and SW. I'll calm down now.
    Your essay is definitely food for thought Chris.

7. Nabooty_Call

Nabooty_Call Former RSA / Obi-Wan Impersonator star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 11, 2000
    CK, I thought that essay on TFN was greatness! Hopefully this presentation will open some of the closed minds re: the concept of midichlorians.

Way too many people took it the wrong way, imo...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.