main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto Dragon*Con

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Woofer, Jun 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    Is anyone from Toronto planning to get away from the WorldCon crowd this Labour Day weekend and join the Dragon*Con crowd instead?

I have the vacation time off, and I can budget the expense, but I'd be looking for people to share a room with before I commit. The hotel prices are a bit steep for a single person.

Not looking for a firm answer, but at least want to know who might be going. The website for the con is www.dragoncon.org

2. TheGrandePoobah

TheGrandePoobah Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    That guest list certainly looks good, but I'm not sure how I'd get down to Atlanta for it. John, were you planning on flying down?

3. Woofer

Aug 27, 2001
    At this point.. probably a flight from Buffalo, mainly because I don't feel like driving. I do enough driving for work as it is.

I still haven't firmed up my plan yet though because the hotel cost is whats holding me back ($148 US per night single or double). At that rate even just one roomate results in a 50% price reduction without having to pay extra for two beds.

4. sw-starwarsfreakness

sw-starwarsfreakness Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2003

Considering it.. yet I have enough expences on my plate at the momment.

If I figure out the figures, I might cosider going.

5. TheGrandePoobah

TheGrandePoobah Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    If I could carpool down with someone else, I could think seriously about it. No way I could fly down, too expensive.

6. SLam

SLam Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 2, 1999
    What hotel were you looking at? I booked a room at the Mariott for $129 (USD)/night. I did book the room for 5 nights, so there could be an additional discount worked in there.

Plane tickets from Toronto->Atlanta (direct flights) are/were $329 (Canadian).

If you don't mind being a bit farther from the action, then the surrounding hotels are much cheaper.

In any case, it does sound pricey but trust me, if you can only get out to one con you have to go to Dragon*Con (or get out more often).

Later,
    SLam

7. Woofer

Aug 27, 2001
    Found a room to share.

Staying for 4 nights in a quad with JediToren from Nashville and 2 more. The cost breaks to to approx $50 US per night.

I checked Expedia.ca and a flight from Buffalo is $210 CDN. Thats what I'm going to go for I think. I'm a bit closer to the Buffalo airport than Pearson as well.

8. Woofer

Aug 27, 2001
    Who from Toronto is going to be there for sure?

The reason why I'm asking is that Minacia from Atlanta is setting up a FanForce dinner on Saturday night and they need RSVPs by August 16th.

Assuming you plan to attend the dinner that is.

9. Kenobi2

Kenobi2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    I'll be at DragonCon but I'm sure there are a few Dinners on Sat that I'm expected to be at.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.