Dragon*Con

Discussion in 'Atlanta, GA' started by Hama, Aug 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA

star 6
    Greetings! It's that time of year again... time to let your hair down and party (or if your hair is already down, put it up in hairbuns). Yes, it's time for Dragon*Con 2005.

Is anyone here organizing a FF table? If so, do you need me to spread the word on recruiting people to work the table?

Also, is the usual FF dinner scheduled for Saturday night?
  2. Riachia Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hi,Ft. Lauderdale will have people there, and they would like to know the same. I will check in once in awile to spread the word if any thing is going on.I wish that I could go and have with you guys. I will be there in spirt.
  3. RosieWook Jedi Knight

star 3
    I'm sorry to report that we will not be having a FanForce table, this year. Without Mandy around to organize things, we just didn't have the manpower to get it going.

However, both the 501st and Rebel Legion have assured us that they will let us non-costumed types hang out near them.

We will, however, be hosting a Jawa Swap Meet at some point during DragonCon. Hopefully we'll be announcing the details of "when and where," this week.

So start looking for collectibles you'd like to trade with someone.
  4. Dark-Master-Jedi Jedi Knight

As I stated in another post; Have you seen the Dragon Con board in the Costuming and Props section? There are a group of people who are dressing like Star Wars characters who are getting together at D*C. Just FYI.

click here

DMJ
  5. Riachia Jedi Knight

star 1
    Thats a shame, the table was nice to be around when I got to go.I will tell the group about the offer.I hope that everyone who gets to go have fun. Theres a lot of stars I would love to meet.If you get the change to go out to eat try Pitty Pats Pourch, great food and service. Enjoy everyone.
  6. AllieFox Jedi Knight

Whatever happened to Minacia?

Has she totally dropped out?
  7. RosieWook Jedi Knight

star 3
    Mandy has gone back to school. She's also dealing with some family things. So we only get to see her every now and then, these days.

Maybe she'll come back to hang out when she graduates in a couple of years?

Hopefully we'll get to see her at DragonCon!
  8. Allie Fox FanForce CR Macon GA US

Chapter Rep
    star 3
    When you see her, tell her that the CLONES wish her the best.

;)
  9. Sereana_Nightstar Jedi Master

star 4
    Really sorry to hear this..the Hothlanta FF table was the best to hang out at...I plan to be available to man it any year I am at DC. I dfo hope we can all meet up and see each other..you have all been so kind and good to me since I was a newbie 2 years ago.

I wish Mandy the best but the Atlanta FF is still ur regional seat and I support you.
  10. Allie Fox FanForce CR Macon GA US

Chapter Rep
    star 3
    I take it there will be no FanForce dinner at Hanoi Hank's (or whatever that place is called).
  11. Jace Darkrider Jedi Knight

star 3
    LMAO! In a really politically incorrect way, that was funny! You mean Trader Vic's??? Doesn't sound like the group has it together to do such. But things could change, right?
  12. citizenjohn Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    LMAO Allie [face_laugh]

Last tiem I went to Dragon Con, my table at the fanforce dinner had a $1300.00 food & liquor bill. Keep in mind there was like 14 of us. However I wasnt impressed with the food. Good booze though.
  13. Lily_Skywalker Jedi Knight

star 2
    I keep meaning to come to meetings but life tends to get in the way but hopefully I'll make it to Dragon Con this year
  14. ObiWill Jedi Master

star 4
    Once again, we have to skip DragonCon. Perhaps next year. Until then, have a Mai Tai for me. :)
  15. RosieWook Jedi Knight

star 3
    We decided not to do Trader Vic's, this year. Too pricey and it always seemed to conflict with 501st events.

We will, however, be hosting a Jawa Swap Meet. At this point, it looks to be on Saturday afternoon in the Marriott lobby. But we're waiting for the MOTF track to get back to us with schedules.

So start looking over your collectibles and see if there's anything you'd like to trade out.
  16. Allie Fox FanForce CR Macon GA US

Chapter Rep
    star 3
    Well that does it!

I'm not going unless Will and Kristen are there. ;)

Pardon my French. Hanoi Hanks. Trader Vic's. DeMonay. SeeBinay. SiBonay. Whatever!?!?
  17. citizenjohn Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  18. Erick Jedi Padawan

Hi Im looking for a rommate for Dragon+Con. Im staying at the Hyatt were the Con is. My contact is erickandkim@cox.net
  19. RagingBantha Jedi Knight

yeah ok I suck...I kinda disappeared off the map for a while. Most of you guys I havnt seen since the ROTS thingie at the regal. I'll be at D*con though. I might even get to debut my new armor. I'm sorry once again for my absence and non participation...you can kick me in my white plastic codpiece at the con.
  20. Vesper2112 FF President & CR, Chattanooga, TN

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    What's up guys? Listen... our group will have a FanForce table set up. The Star Wars Alabama Syndicate approached us about sharing the table, but by looking at their boards, they aren't planning anything, so I was going to extend the offer to you guys as well. I know it's just one table, but maybe we can have a tri-state thing going? Anyway, I know how nice it is to have a table to "meet" at and stuff, and because we have to have it manned during the whole con, it would be nice to spread it out some. We have a banner that we were hoping to hang off the table, but other than that, you're more than welcome to set up there. Let me know. See ya there!
  21. Ktala Force Ghost

star 6
    =====
    Ohh. Well, I shall be looking for you guys. Maybe this means, next March at the Con in Chatanooga (was Galacticon) I will be seing you guys there.

See you at D*C

22. Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA

star 6
    Vesper2112 posted on 8/27/05 5:25am
    />

Cool deal! I hope you don't mind me littering the table with paper X-wings... ;)/>/>
  23. Vesper2112 FF President & CR, Chattanooga, TN

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Litter away! LOL. Man... is it next weekend yet? [face_dancing] Anyway, yeah, that would be great! I'll be there Saturday and Sunday, but a few of our guys are going Friday to get the table up. I'll let them know to be expecting an X-Wing invasion. =D=

Oh... and yeah, we'll be at Galacticon (or whatever) next year. We wanted to do something last time, but we were still new and not all together yet (if that makes sense). See ya there!
  24. RosieWook Jedi Knight

star 3
    That sounds like fun! Hopefully they'll actually put all the Star Wars groups together, this time.

I don't know why they're so reluctant to do that. I guess it causes people flow problems. But it's so much more fun when the mobs of SW fans can be all in one place.

Sadly, Aaron Allston won't be able to attend, this year. He messed up his knee at GenCon and just doesn't have the ability to prepare for and move around at a con, right now. A true shame, as he rather enjoyed hanging out at the fan tables.

But I did e-mail with Steve Sansweet. He is still healthy and planning to be there with the updated Star Wars Spectacular.

Mike Stackpole is also planning on attending. So keep an eye out for him at the writers tracks.
  25. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    We have 4 of us coming down from The Rebellion (Rochester, NY FanForce). It'll be the first Dragon*Con for all of us! Hopefully we'll get a chance to stop by the combined state FF table and say hello.

~Doc_Bev
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.