main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Padu, KY Dragon Con

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by TKchris, Mar 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TKchris

TKchris Jedi Youngling

Feb 14, 2008
    so i was wondering if someone could tell me roughly how much i would expect to need to bring for dragon con if i went. ballpark guess is fine, i'm not planning on buying a bunch of toys, collectibles, or really anything like that. just food, gas if necessary, and the essentials-maybe a little extra spending money though.

2. DarkLordOsirisPrime1

DarkLordOsirisPrime1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 18, 2006
    Two thousand now plus fifteen when we reach Alderann.

3. thesilverspyder

thesilverspyder Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 11, 2007
    35000, because I'm holding a thermal detonator. :)

4. willismaximus

willismaximus Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 17, 2006
    OVER NINE THOUSAAAAND!!!!!

5. SithMonger

SithMonger Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 1, 2005
    Just stay away from Republic credits. They're no go there.

6. DarkWolf2k

DarkWolf2k Jedi Youngling

May 25, 2007
    "Republic credits will do fine..." *waves hand*

o_O

7. DarkLordOsirisPrime1

DarkLordOsirisPrime1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 18, 2006
    this is tkchris, thanks for being serious guys, appreciate it!

8. ED-VADER

ED-VADER Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 2006

..."Perhaps you think your being treated unfairly?"..........

9. lil_trooper

lil_trooper Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 8, 2007
    i'm planning on going and seeing as i'll be moving back to murray in june(gods, i wish the govt would make up it's mind what to do w/me)i won't be riding up there w/ larry so i'd be happy to take you if you wanna just help a bit on gas.

10. Valhalla

Valhalla Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 26, 2006
    I've never been to a big con so I can't give you a definite answer but here's what I'll guess. After you hash out your travel (gas) and room expenses , I would count on $15 to $20 a meal for food and plan 4 meals (include the day you travel there and the day back). I know that sounds a little steep, but if I'm not mistaken the prices at the con for food are crazy. And the forth gives you a little snack and drink money per day. Then just decide how much you want to take as spending cash. Then add $100 to $200 in case of emergency, unexpected purchase, or something outside the con you want to do comes up. If you don't spend it all so be it. Better to come back home with an extra $100 or so then to get up there and have to come up with an extra $50 somehow.

If there is anyone else that has actually been to con that can give TKChris a legitimate and serious answer, please help the boy out.

Try talking to Brent. He goes frequently and should be able to tell you what you need.

11. TKYTROOPER

TKYTROOPER Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 18, 2005
    I've never been to Dragon Con before this year either but haveing been to several others here is my take. You will or should know what your part of the hotel is going to be before hand, probably same for gas. Val is right con food is overpriced but luckily you can prob get a continental breakfast and if you are like me you probably will be too busy for much of a lunch anyway.(usaully skip it or do with a small snack.)So that means basicly dinner and soda money. It is definatly better to have more money than not enough though. If you are going to buy stuff, set that spending money aside and when thats gone your done buying stuff. That should leave you with your return home cash. As far as a number I can't say. Just alot yourself like $25-30 bucks a day outside of spending money, room/gas for the basics. That help?

12. kywildcatt

kywildcatt Jedi Youngling

May 29, 2006
    Regarding everyone's comments about food and such:

Food at the con itself is a bit pricey, mostly due to the fact that's it's counters/restaurants set up by the hotels. However, there are quite a few places within easy walking distance (i.e. Starbucks, Hooters, McDonalds) etc. It is still a bit pricey because it's Atlanta - higher taxes and such. There's a food court area within walking distance where you're probably looking at $10ish for a meal. At least I think that's how it was last year. Last year Jenn, Scott and I had snacks in our rooms - packing granola bars, beef jerky etc definitely saves you on a long day. It's also great because you're set if you're waiting for autographs and such.

Dragoncon does have several big rooms for exhibitors and dealers, so spending money is good. Also most stars charge an average of $20 for autographs. A few are more, but $20 is a good ballpark. The dragoncon site had some good FAQ sections, as well message boards where you can talk to others who have gone.

Hope this helps!

13. TKYTROOPER

TKYTROOPER Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 18, 2005
    Just a reminder. Today is the last day to get tickets before a price increase. If your going get your tickets now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.