main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Thriller Dragon Warriors: Bloodlines

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by greyjedi125, Mar 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ameteth

Ameteth Jedi Master star 1

Mar 28, 2009
    Hikari Oda
    Victoria Harbor, Hong Kong

The Black velvet curtain of Night had draped itself over Victoria Harbor, prompting the buildings that form the skyline to dress themselves in their brilliant arrays of lights. In the quiet ride back to the Saikyo Academy , Hikari took a moment to listen to the hypnotic call of the city lights; they appeared as welcoming sprites, promising merriment and mental ease to whomsoever followed their lead.
    He was currently waiting for his Reiken Arena password and account to be authenticated and verified on his PET hand computer, the prompt indicated that the process would take about 120 seconds, so naturally his mind went on to replay the amazing events from earlier in the evening.

The big event had been Grand Master Hibiki?s class. The class in and of itself was extremely instructive, fun and challenging. Hikari?s mind was absorbing everything that was being said and every nuance to be observed.
    The height of the lesson came in the form of a ?free for all? challenge at the end of the class. The entire thing, even now, seemed so surreal. The level of discipline and art displayed was probably a surprise to everyone involved. There were moments when Hikari wasn?t sure how ?safe? the exercise had been since he had to pull some maneuvers from his proverbial left cheek to avoid injury.

Furthermore, it was hard for him to tell who was holding back and who was not. He felt for certain that Grandmaster Hibiki had called him out on several occasions by adding a few surprise twists to his challenges, and he was glad for it, he couldn?t help but receive it as a vote of confidence.

Not being able to fight his curiosity, Hikari had taken a few glances at May Ling Parker during the combat session and was impressed with her intensity. She was a no nonsense combatant and he felt glad that they were on the same side. But what if he had to fight her during the World Martial Arts Tournament ? That was something that he didn?t really want to dwell on.

By then it had already become quite clear that Grandmaster Osamu Hibiki was fond of pushing his students to surpass their limits.
    "I can't recall the last time I had these many talented students in the same class." The Grand Master had commented after an intense exchange, which everyone had rather enjoyed.
    This statement only added to Hikari?s conviction that something very special and of great importance was happening.
    In fact, they were in a legendary place, were legends were born and often made.
    Destiny was leading them inexorably towards?what? He couldn?t begin to fathom.
    But whatever it was, he felt that with present company, they could achieve most anything.

Looking down at his PET, he noticed that it was downloading and optimizing several items for what looked like the Reiken interface; some of it was in the traditional pictographs but were promptly ?translated?.
    The silence in the car was suddenly filled with Grandmaster Hibiki?s voice as he genially announced_ "Tomorrow I shall be taking you to the airport where you shall be taking a private transport to Wuhan, which is in the Hubei province. From there, things will get a lot more interesting."

?A lot more interesting? I really can?t begin to imagine what that would be like?? Hikari thinks silently to himself as he looks over to his friend Dean and shares with him a look of incredulity and excitement.
    Invariably he finds May-Ling and Master Lu Chan in their dynamic duo susurrations. At that moment he can?t help but hope that she will develop a similar rapport with her new teacher.

Grandmaster Hibiki then invites everyone to dinner and was not permitting anyone to decline his invitation.
    Hikari was all too happy for the opportunity to spend and evening in with everyone in light the unknown that lay ahead.
    He had more than a few questions about the World Martial Arts Tournament, but he was also eager to learn about the Dragon that seemed to a central aspect to all this.

As sile

2. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    Ambrose Charles Ambrose
    Hong Kong, Victoria Harbor

As Ambrose sang his sailor's song and enjoyed the brisk evening air that permeated the harbor, he was sure to hear a bit of giggling not too far from earshot. The sound instinctually drew him, and without even really thinking about it, Ambrose turned towards the sound, only to see Xi Yi looking at him with hand in mouth, vainly attempting to stifle her giggling.

"Oh, Mr. Ambrose, please pardon me. I do not mean to disturb you." Xi Yi managed to say as she brought her giggling under control. The proprietor's daughter gave Ambrose a small and respectful nod of salutation before continuing to speak, but did not take a step closer. Ambrose could see that she held a small box in her hand.

"My father has gone to rest, but he wanted me to give you this in his behalf."

Xi Yi smiled, then briefly glanced at the small box in her hands before looking up at Ambrose and offering the box up to him with both hands. As she did so, her eyes lit up as she suddenly said: "Oh! I think it's about to begin." Xi Yi began to walk towards Ambrose as her gaze looked just past him.

"Look behind you, towards the Harbor. The Symphony of Lights.... it's about to start."

Tag: Mitth_Fisto

Teresa Starkos & Raven Topeni
    Victoria Harbour, Hong Kong

"I'm going to take a walk outside - I hear the Symphony of Lights performance is quite good." Teresa had said as they finished dessert. 'Quite good' was not the effusive praise her guidebook had heaped upon the show of lights and lasers projected from various buildings that ran every day at 8pm, and would be taking place in just a few minutes. "Perhaps you'd like to join me?"

"We'd love to..."Raven declared, excitement becoming evident in her voice. Even her father's eyes lit up at the prospect. "Weren't you telling me about that just earlier...?" the elder Topeni declared to his daughter, a bit taken by the coincidence.

Thus, Raven, Teresa and her father took a cab to see the Symphony of Lights. As they chatted, Raven could not help but keep smiling. In her mind, she was reminded of Disney Land and the fire works extravaganza bestowed upon the attending crowd every night. Would this be as magical? would it rival it? no way!

Raven was now smiling as she chit-chatted with Teresa about, well...everything that came to mind.

As the two girls chatted, Sensei Aalok Topeni, Raven's Father, fell a few steps back and allowed the girls to immerse themselves in conversation. The joy he felt at seeing his daughter be so happy was boundless. This was turning out to be a grand experience indeed, even for him.

By the time the three of them had arrived at the location in the Central District, a large sized crowd had already gathered around the plaza. Lobbies to nearby buildings were blocked off as not to clog access. As expected, Raven's father used his massive size to navigate through the crowd and find them a near- to -ideal spot to watch the show from. Some folks gave him looks as he passed by, but he just smiled them away. Seriously, who was going to argue with a tongan man his size. Suddenly, the lights around the plaza were dimmed, but not turned off. An announcer came on, and greeted everyone in several languages, welcoming them to Victoria harbor and wishing them to enjoy the show.

As he finished, an orchestral fanfare began to play and a bright colorful strobe of brilliant light heralded the beginning of the dazzling Symphony of Lights.

Tag: Xani, Teeg ( Xan, Teeg is a bit caught up with RL stuff, so I'll be herding Raven along with ya, hope you don't mind.) :p

Kamiko Takahashi
    Hong Kong International Airport, Victoria Harbor

Even for someone as stoic as Ming the Monk, he could not help but to smile at Kamiko's eagerness and enthusiasm.

"What will we be doing first, Mr. Ming?" Kamiko

3. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Ambrose Charles Ambrose

As Ambrose sang his sailor's song and enjoyed the brisk evening air that permeated the harbor, he was sure to hear a bit of giggling not too far from earshot. The sound instinctually drew him, and without even really thinking about it, Ambrose turned towards the sound, only to see Xi Yi looking at him with hand in mouth, vainly attempting to stifle her giggling.

He couldn't help but grin and blush a little at seeing her then, what corus had he just sung? Throw him in the brig with the captain's daughter? He might have been a pale skin a few moments ago but he was most definately red now if the heat in his cheeks were any indication.

"Oh, Mr. Ambrose, please pardon me. I do not mean to disturb you." Xi Yi managed to say as she brought her giggling under control. The proprietor's daughter gave Ambrose a small and respectful nod of salutation before continuing to speak, but did not take a step closer. Ambrose could see that she held a small box in her hand. "My father has gone to rest, but he wanted me to give you this in his behalf."

"Thank you." he abashidely replied as he tried to search for some earlier gusto that had been around to fill in awkward silences. Nothing was to be found, as he didn't know what else to say. But at least she knew what to do and then say...one of them had better anyways or it could have gone for ever.

Xi Yi smiled, then briefly glanced at the small box in her hands before looking up at Ambrose and offering the box up to him with both hands. As she did so, her eyes lit up as she suddenly said: "Oh! I think it's about to begin." Xi Yi began to walk towards Ambrose as her gaze looked just past him.

Reaching out he accepted the box before stepping to the side to allow her to pass if she wanted, both eye brows arched a silent 'what?'.

"Look behind you, towards the Harbor. The Symphony of Lights.... it's about to start."

Turning his head he took in the silent and still lights that he could see, now sticking the box under his opposite arm, as the show began.

When it all had passed he merely spoke in awe, "Now that ain't somethin' you be seein' every day." As it closed, the lights resuming their normal functions he simply looked back at Xi Yi, "Thank you fer sharing that with me."

Wanting to avoid another awkward moment pulled the box out, "Let's see what yer da' has sent me, that can't wait til' mornin." and with that he preparred and opened the box to have a good look inside.

TAG: Grey

4. spacelady

spacelady Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    OOC: Hope you don't mind if I jump ahead to the hotel, Grey. Everyone else is at the light show already, so I might as well be. If you had something in mind, ignore this silly post of mine. :p

IC as Kamiko Takahashi

To her fortune, it wasn't much long later when Kamiko and the monk, Ming, had arrived at the hotel. After checking in and having their bags taken to their appointed rooms, they even had time for shopping! And before Ming could register, Kamiko exited a store, bags cluched in her hands, and boxes fill with garments and shoes, piled on top of Ming. It wasn't often that Kamiko could shop without the ruling guidence from her father. He would be angry, afterward, with the money she had spent, but when she came back home a champion, she doubted it would matter.

Besides, she mused, glee lighting her dark eyes, I have to look my best for him! And if it takes a few dresses to find the right one, then so be it! Father will understand.

They, then, made it back to the hotel, giving Kamiko enough time to hang up the dresses and outfits she had purchased. The irons in the hotel weren't the very best, and she couldn't afford to have even one wrinkle on her when she met the love of her life!

She invited Ming in, so they could watch the Symphony of Lights from the window in the room. It was very interesting, lights on roofs across the harbor and the lights on the buildings blinked on and off, and moved in rhythm. At the end of it, Kamiko looked to Ming with a nod. "It was beautiful...but shame on them, they're wasting electricity with all of those lights." She then shook her head, folding her arms under her chest.

Tag: Ming

5. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    May-Ling Parker
    Hibiki Saikyo Karate Academy, Hong Kong

To say that the mood in the dining room on the top floor of the Hibiki Saikyo Academy was jubilant would be overstating the obvious. The semi-circular room was well lit and decorated with artifacts and tapestries from all over Asia, beautiful plants also adorned the comfortable room, and decorative blinds depicting a misty mountain range with a dancing dragon spanning along the whole expanse, covered the large bay windows and kept the outside world from peering in.

May-Ling sat with her jaw in her lap most of the night. The plae was just to fab for words! It was so beautiful, and she wished she didnt feel the tourist urge to snap pictures like crazy. Her parents would NEVER believe her..neither would her friends. Everything had happened so fast, and now it was all so wonderful.

She leaned back, grinning on the large pillows which served as seats along a long semi-circular table. The wait-staff for the evening dinner was small, very friendly. That made her feel very relaxed. Steaming bowls of varying delicacies paraded past her so much, that she was using her utmost willpower to not stuff herself. Not with a tournament so close. But, it all smelled so wonderfully heavenly. She smiled, holding back a laugh as the Grand Master gestured to Dean.

"Ho ho!" Grand Master Hibiki laughed as he gestured to Dean.
    "Try these. You might find the shrimp bowl or the sushi version to your liking." Dean's eyes regarded the platters hungrily as he gave a nod to the Grand Master. "Thank you Grand master, I think I shall." Osamu watched, then laughed as Dean dug into the shrimp bowl.

She was in such a wonderful mood. It had been quite a day. And Master Lu Chan also smiled as he quietly busied himself with his own bowl. As he did so, he caught May-Ling's eye. She blushed breifly. "What is it May...?" Master Lu Chan inquired.

"What did the Grand Master mean by ... 'more interesting'?" she asked with a sly grin. "After seeing the people in the Reiken Arena, I am taking it that this tourney is quite different than the ones we have ever attended..."

After she had seen her own report, she had been simply blown away. The classes were simple icing on the cake. So many more questions were formed, but she held those for now. Master Lu Chan couldn't help but to give May and all knowing smile.

"Are you sure you want me to spoil the surprise?" he asked with an almost mischievous tone in his voice and accented the question with a wink of his eye.

She laughed softly, and gave him a nod. He was NOT going to say. But if his reactions were any indication, it should be quite interesting. Hakari was looking at some piece of equipment. May wished she had her laptop available, but she had put it away, not wanting to be rude. She would find out more later.

Suddenly, Grand Master Hibiki called to have everyone's attention.

"Here ye, Here ye! Look here everyone." Osamu said in a loud voice and waited to have everyone's attention. "First of all, allow me to express how very honored I feel to have you all here and to have made your acquaintances. I am greatly enriched by every single one of you and for that, I am very grateful." HE WAS GREATFUL?!?! May felt her cheecks warm slightly. To have met a Grand Master..and one her own Master knew so well.. wow.

Osamu bowed before his guests, then lifted a hand so he could continue. "And now, I would like to share with you a Hong Kong original..." A smile graced the Grand Master's face as he turned toward the bay windows and watched the blinds rise as if by magic. The dancing dragon and the misty mountain vanished as the curled up into the ceiling and a grand view of Victoria Harbor was revealed. The view of the lit buildings was crisp and crystal clear.

"Please my friends, enjoy Hong Kong's own Symphony of Lights.." That being said, the Grand Master gave a huge smile and gestured towards the windows. Music started to play all around the dining room as the a brilliant strobing flas

6. Ameteth

Mar 28, 2009
    Hikari Oda

Getting ready for dinner had been more frustrating than Hikari cared to admit. Dean had been a good friend and kept his laughing to a minimum. Hikari had tried the simple outfits they had packed in so many different ways it was beyond comical.
    ?You look booo-tiful? Dean had said mockingly which almost earned him a black eye via speeding soap bar which he barely got to deflect. ?Don?t make me drop kick you before dinner Dean!? Hikari warned chuckling and half growling. After the third hairstyling attempt he decided that it would be too obvious that he was sprucing up for the lady guest. Taking a few calming deep breaths, he decided that neat and simple was best. He had to agree with Dean when he pointed out that one of the styles made him look like a Yakuza porcupine.

Once at dinner, a wonderful feeling of belonging took residence in his heart, everyone was present and was emanating such joy and enjoyment.

To say that the mood in the dining room on the top floor of the Hibiki Saikyo Academy was jubilant would be overstating the obvious. The semi-circular room was well lit and decorated with artifacts and tapestries from all over Asia, beautiful plants also adorned the comfortable room, and decorative blinds depicting a misty mountain range with a dancing dragon spanning along the whole expanse, covered the large bay windows and kept the outside world from peering in.

There it was again, the Dragon in the clouds over the mountains. Hikari was drawn to the image and tried to remember every detail of it, he once more felt the determination to find out all he could about this Dragon, he was becoming more convinced that in knowing the Dragon he might get a cleared picture of his destiny.

On a more immediate note, Hikari couldn?t help but notice that Grand Master Hibiki , though humble, really knows how to do things with great style. Without being extravagant, the Grand Master had not spared any expense in making his guests comfortable.

Large pillows served as seats along a long semi-circular table. The wait-staff for the evening dinner was small, very friendly and efficient, as they made a smooth process of serving Grand Master Hibiki's guests. Steaming bowls of varying delicacies were served as well as a variety of teas. Tarts and pastries were not to be left out of the equation. The dinner, by no means traditional, was a decidedly eastern affair with a few touches of western class.
    Hikari?s ?silver spoon? upbringing afforded him a keen appreciation for the amount of preparation and the generosity involved in the presentation of this sumptuous dinner.
    Certainly this kind of hospitality can only come from those whose heart are rich and abundant in their love for sharing.

Taking his place at the table, Hikari immediately scanned for May-Ling and saw that she was enjoying herself; to him she looked radiant and relaxed, and that somehow deepened his own sense of relaxation. He started smiling because she was smiling.

On the other side of him, Grand Master Hibiki was enticing Dean to indulge himself.
    "Ho ho!" Grand Master Hibiki laughed as he gestured to Dean.

"Try these. You might find the shrimp bowl or the sushi version to your liking."

Dean's eyes regarded the platters hungrily as he gave a nod to the Grand Master.
    "Thank you Grand master, I think I shall."

Osamu watched, then laughed as Dean dug into the shrimp bowl.

The shrimp bowl looked even more appetizing now that Dean was vigorously enjoying it. Hikari?s mouth watered in anticipation of the flavor and sympathetic gusto.
    As he reached for his chopsticks, his PET device vibrated to life signaling the completion of the 'membership only' access to the Reiken Arena roving database.
    A surge of excitement shot through him as he took a quick peek at the welcome page, the default settings and then his inbox. A cursory glance revealed the missives to be from Reiken Arena Administration, he saw some quic

7. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    May-Ling Parker

May-Ling smiled at Master Lu Chan, smiling widely. "Thank you Master Chan...for all of this." she said softly, as she watched, feeling as if she was a tiny child all over again. As she watched to show, she quickly turned, to take a peek at the cute one ... Hakari. She took a moment, to steal a glance at him and smiles ...

She must have caught him by surprise, for Hikari suddenly blushes beet red and looks down quickly. Her smiles beams even wider. He looked sooo cute as he blushed. He quickly looks back up at the window once more. Which was fine with her, for it gave her a moment to study how he had dressed. She smiled once more, before she looked back at the window. She leaned towards Master Lu Chan. She was so happy, she wished at that one moment, that she could levitate, and sand draw. And take down her hair. She kept it up out of respect for the Grand Master, but she felt so happy. It was best to enjoy it now, as soon, the tournament would begin, and it would not as pleasant as this. She gently begins to twirl a bit of her hair around her finger as she finishes watching the show.

But even with all of this excitement, she has to stifle a small yawn. From the time they hit the tarmac at the airport, they have been constantly on the move, and it is beginning to catch up with Mayli...especially with the jet lag from the time changes. She gently leans against Master Lu Chan, her eyes closed as she feels the flow of happy energies around her, the music flowing around them. She opened her eyes slowly, and with a satisfied grin, watches the rest of the show until it was over. As tired as she was, she still had questions about what was expected of them, about the tournament. All of the hokey martial arts movies came to mind, as she wondered about that part of things.

She grinned.

Tag: Ameteth, Greyjedi

8. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    GM's Note: Please read the entire update

Ambrose Charles Ambrose

"Now that ain't somethin' you be seein' every day." Ambrose commented of the Symphony of Lights after it came to an end. "Thank you fer sharing that with me." He said to Xi Yi, who smiled and gave him a curt bow of her head.

"You're very welcome." she answered in her sweet voice.

Wanting to avoid another awkward moment, Ambrose pulled the box out, "Let's see what yer da' has sent me, that can't wait til' mornin." and with that, he opened the box to have a good look inside. Folded neatly inside of it, was a white canvas belt normaly tied around the waist of a martial artist. Facing Ambrose, were asian characters embroidered upon the face of the belt.

Xi Yi stepped closer and read the words aloud for Ambrose' benefit.

"It reads, 'Qian Zai'. It means 'Potential'."

Smiling, Xi Yi looked up at Ambrose as she spoke.

"My father wanted you to have it. He said to tell you that it will bring you luck at the right moment and that if worn, it will help you to unlock the potential he's seen in you, just like it helped him so many years ago."

Xi Yi then regarded the belt for a brief moment.

Should Ambrose touch the belt, he would feel just a hint of energy emanating from the belt, almost as if it were somehow asleep.

"You should get some rest. Please allow me to escort you back home."

With that said, Xi Yi escorted Ambrose back to the bookshop, where she showed him the small room he'd be staying in for the night. It was a small and humble room, with its small bed, night stand, lamp, single desk and chair. Which was a much better alternative than sleeping in the streets.

"Rest well..." Xi Yi said after showing Ambrose to his room, then retreated once she offered a small bow. Whether or not the martial artist went right to sleep was none of her concern, but his own.

Now alone, Ambrose could hear the deafening quiet that came over the bookshop. The day had been long and full of adventure, and now finally, and in a few hours, his destined journey would continue.

Tag: See update below

Kamiko Takahashi

Ming and Kamiko enjoyed the Symphony of Lights from the comfort of their hotel room. It was indeed a treat to ahve seen the city wide show.

"That was memorable." Ming commented as he turned to Kamiko.

"Now I believe it is time for us to retire. We have a long day ahead of us." The monk bowed respectfully to kamiko.

"Goodnight, m'lady. See you in the morning."

With that, Ming respectfully departed Kamiko's presence and retired to his own room, where he would spend the night in meditation. The morning would come soon enough, and as Kamiko's assigned escort, he'd have to be well rested and in top condition.

Tag: See update below

Teresa Starkos & Raven Topeni

When it was all said and done, Raven, her father and Teresa had really enjoyed the Symphony of Lights. To have a whole city perform a lightshow in concert was not something one got to see everyday.

"Consider me very impressed!" Raven's father declared as they waited for the crowd to thin out a bit more. The cool harbour breeze was more noticeable now that the crowd was thining out.

"Besides, I think we should really go back to the hotel and get some rest..." Sensei Aalok said and underscored his meaning by yawning. "We got a big day ahead of us tomorrow."

Aalok was happy there were no objections from the two young ladies. They had no idea how much energy the evil jet-lag had zapped from him, and he wasn't about to let it show either.

Thankfully, they were back at the hotel soon enough and the trio parted ways and said their good-nights in the Lobby.

"Guess we'll see you tomorrow. It was nice to meet you." Sensei Topeni said, and gave Teresa a bow. He watched as r

9. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    IC: Teresa Starkos
    Hong Kong

Teresa had woken up with an uneasy feeling in her stomach, and as Zang ushered them first into a sleek Mercedes Benz and then out onto an airfield with a private jet on it, said uneasy feeling grew.

It was becoming increasingly obvious that she was going to be in over her head. Oh, she should have known from the start - the thing was called the World Martial Arts Tournament, for crying out loud - but she had been too wrapped up in the desire to find out whatever her father didn't want her to know that she hadn't seriously considered the fact that by doing so, she was signing herself up for a fighting tournament.

And Teresa's martial arts skills were frankly woeful.

She had a fairly solid grounding in Judo, of course, having been practicing it ever since she was small. She had even attained a decently respectable grade in the art. But by no means was she an expert, and by no means would she have had the faintest chance in a regional competition, let alone a world championship with people with titles like Sensei and Grand Master in attendance. She was a doctor, for crying out loud!

Yet - and yet - Teresa fingered the little dragon in her pocket. For some reason, she had an invitation. Wasn't that odd?

She had an invitation, thus she must deserve to be here. But Teresa still didn't quite dare go first.

TAG: Someone else :p

10. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    May-Ling Parker

A well deserved round of applause filled the room once the Symphony of Lights finished. The mood was jovial and light. Dessert was served and the huge jumbo screen was turned on, where music videos of world famous recording artists played, almost larger than life. It was a grand evening, but soon Mayli was having trouble trying to keep from yawning. It was getting late in the evening and they all had more traveling to do the next day, which was a fact Grand Sensei Osamu Hibiki pointed out. A small crystal bell rang, drawing everyone's attention. The Grand Sensei had an amused look on his face as he put down the bell and addressed his guests.

"My friends, this has been quite an enjoyable occasion, thank you for being a part of this. But, alas, we have much to accomplish tomorrow. Allow me to present you with these small tokens of appreciation before we depart."

Osamu gestured and the wait-staff brought in gift bags for the Grand master's guests.

"May-Ling's eyes lit up, as she nodded and bowed, thanking him for the gifts. She gave a amused look towards Master Chan.

"Should anyone need to, you are welcomed to stay here at the dojo. We have rooms available." the Grand Master concluded. There was some more milling about before it was decided that it was time to depart. May gave a mischievous look for a moment, as she walked over towards Hikari and Dean.

"I look forward, to seeing you tomorrow." She said, looking directly at Hikari. With that, she turned, and headed back towards Master Lu Chan.

The Grand master insisted to have them chauffeured to their respective destinations. No one tried to decline his offer, having learned their lessons from before. "Ho ho ho, excellent then, I shall see you all in the morning." With that, Osamu waved good-bye.

May-Ling could only wonder what would await them in the morning. But she was glad to finally see their hotel, and after a bit of levitation to calm herself, she quickly settled down for a wonderful nights sleep.

The morning seemed to come earlier than normal for May-Ling. For May-Ling and Master Lu Chan, breakfast was a peaceful affair. Former Master and apprentice ate in silence, enjoying the peace brought on by each other's presence. May was excited, and full of energy, as if her body knew what was in store of the day. She felt as if she nearly glowed. She had spent the morning as she woke up, reading the book Master Lu Chan had given her, before carefully packing it away. The other was spent, looking at her invitation...as if she wanted to remember every single line and curve of it.

"You are more than ready for this." Lu Chan said reassuringly after putting down the morning paper. "Whatever happens, win or lose, do your best. That is all you can do. Everything is a learning experience." May-Ling smiled. "I know Master. I will do my best to make you proud." She chuckled softly. "I just will miss 'this'" .. she gestured. "Our time. And I hope my new Master dosent mind my chatter.." she said with a soft smile. She had dressed in something loose, and relaxing, but workable. Blue, with embroidery of bright colors of all types of designs, including dragons on the material.

May-Ling's former master gave her a solid nod of his head and a confident smile that meant to ease her anxieties. Then, his cellphone chimed. It was a text message. Master Lu Chan read it and put away his phone, then looked upon May-Ling.

"Well, this is it. The Grand master said he'll be here to pick us up within the hour. There's no turning back now." A big smile appears on Master Lu Chan's face as he places a hand on May-Ling's shoulder.

"This is where you are meant to be..."

May-Ling gently placed her hand over his, and offered him a smile, as she simply nodded.

---------
    ONE HOUR LATER...

Hikari Oda, his friend Dean Law, May-Ling Parker and her former master Lu Chan, are traveling in surprising comfort aboard the spacious black SUV being 'piloted' by none other than Grand Mas

11. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Ambrose Charles Ambrose

Sleeping the night away, with strange images of the Qian Zai and Xi Yi both mixed together dancing with him somehow between and within. Perhaps it was from touching that thing last night, the energy it had was strange and oddly sedated as though sleeping. Made only stranger by the fact that it was an item and not living thing.

As he woke he merely shook his head before grumbling, "Beats the nightmares at least."

The rest of the morning went well, with eating the lovely meal the girl had preppared, conversing slightly with Kwan Yi. Another plane was going to be interesting, for a group that likes ancient traditions they sure didn't abide by them with travel arrangments it seemed.

*******Airport******

Riding in what appeared to be Xi Yi's grey Toyota Corolla to the airport he found himself fiddling with his pack that sat next to him on the back seat. This was all so strange, so...so...surreal that he didn't know what to make of it.

Of course the strangness only built when they went from being apart of the main stream to the only airport he knew of as a tourest, to being what now appeared to be one of only four different vehicles all headed to the same direction.

Their's was the first car up, and as Kwan Yi leaned past his daughter to show something to let them pass, Ambrose had the odd distinction of wondering who else would be coming from the three cars behind? And why did they all arrive at the exact same moment? Even with a group of people wanting to be punctual it was unnatural to have them all arrive at the exact same time instead of in a staggard arrival over several minutes at best.

When they arrived Kwan Yi got out and checked with the other drivers and what appeared to be the head henchman from the Sean Connery Bond flicks brother. If this was merely the start he didn't look forward to whom else he would have to fight at the tournament.

"Well, I guess this is where we part ways." Kwan Yi said with a smile. Xi Yi got out and came around to join her father.

Getting out and putting the pack on he smiled at the both of them, registering with an ear the boarding instructions for those coming, including guests. "I wish ya' both could come with me, but I know ya both got your work waitin' on ya."

Shuffling his feet for a brief moment as his eyes seemed to take an interest in them, "Thank ya both, you were a pair of life savers, and more generous than a man could ever hope to meet." With that he grasped them both in a quick and tight hug, "God Bless ya both."

With that he quickly turned heading to the check in kiosk where another, a girl, one of several here, was checking in. Well, now it really was weird that they had all arrived at the same time.

TAG: All!
    (GREY, Ameteth, Ktalla, Spacey, Teeg, Xany)

12. Ameteth

Mar 28, 2009
    Hikari Oda

The hour was late, almost morning and the air was crisp and not too chilly as Hikari Oda sat quite comfortably in the reclining sofa chair out on the large balcony of his luxury suite at the Mandarin Oriental Hotel.
    By all rights he should be exhausted beyond endurance, but the level of elation and positive energy that he was feeling was keeping all the effects of fatigue from registering.

With a contented smile, Hikari looks at his PET (Portable Everywhere Terminal) device, and reads over the mail he had received from his dad, Master Yatsumori Oda ; Hikari was not expecting to see his own family crest in the inbox and the pleasant surprise gave him a feeling of support and reassurance.
    He couldn?t help but marvel at his parents? foresight. Did they foresee that he would eventually come in contact with the Reiken Arena people? Was the right path knowable to those in harmony? How far could they see? He was sure that his mom had probably consulted the stars at some point before all of this started.

As the calm winds lent a background to the excitement of his thoughts, Hikari looks at the beautiful Victoria Harbor Skyline and proceeds to recall the amazing events of the early evening; a sumptuous dinner at the Hibiki Saikyo Karate Academy .
    Grand Master Osamu Hibiki had demonstrated an extraordinary capacity for kindness, leadership, humility and class. Hikari had been thoroughly impressed by the Grand Master?s hospitality; the sense of being enriched by this encounter was very strong in his mind.

Gathering all the details as they came to him, with a quick tap to the screen, the young Oda begins to record a Movie Message to send to his parents,
    ?Hello Dad, hi Mom, so much has happened since I left?where to begin??
    He tells the story with the natural excitement of a young warrior discovering a brave new world. He continues to describe the new people in his life, Grand Sensei Osamu Hibiki , Master Lu Chan , and then he simply cannot stop himself from breaking into a big cartoony smile as he mentions the lady warrior in the group; May-Ling Parker. His mind immediately flashes to the part at the end of the evening when May-Ling had approached him and Dean and pointedly said "I look forward to seeing you tomorrow." A chuckle escapes him as he appreciates the clever use of the plural and the mischievous twist as the singular is communicated by her looking straight into his eyes. Wow! That made his heart skip a beat?again.

The recap is thorough and exhaustive; he mentions his intense interest in the Dragon and his intentions of possibly pursuing that interest further.
    By the end of the recording, Hikari?s energies are spent and he is barely able to press the send button before fatigue finally takes a hold of his body and sends him crashing into sweet unconsciousness.

Later that morning

Dean was already enjoying his breakfast by the time Hikari got to the table. Hikari had ignored his various wake up alarms and voice prompts because he had gone to sleep so late and needed the additional hour, for the first time since he could remember, he actually used the universal ?snooze? button on his PET.

"What happened this time ?couldn't make up your mind on which watch to wear?" Dean said, teasing his friend.

Haw haw! I don?t recall ordering any early morning humor with my breakfast_ came the retort, accompanied by hunger pains and a wry smile.

"Relax, Hikari. I think she's already interested. Why don't you try talking to her next time you see her. It only feels like you're gonna die...you'll be fine. You'll see."

Dean, you?re a genius! But if I die during my next attempt, my ghost is coming after you?forever!
    Unsure at his attempt at humor, Hikari concentrates on his breakfast, looking to placate the demands of his hunger and thinking that skipping morning meditation is definitely not the best way to start one's day.

Dean refrained from teasing his friend t

13. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Ambrose, Hikari, May-Ling, Kamiko, Raven, Teresa
    Hong Kong, Airfield: Boarding Private Jet en route to Wuhan

Saito gave a short bow to May-Ling and Master Lu Chan after he had looked over her invitation and confirmed its authenticity. How exactly did he do that, May-Ling would have not the faintest idea. Once that was done, Saito then quickly keyed in Master Lu Chan's name on his ultra-thin electronic clipboard.

"Welcome. Please proceed aboard." he said, gesturing simultaneously for them to board. "You may take whichever seat you'd like." With that, Saito turned to receive the next guest.

"Welcome."He said and repeated the process with Hikari. Saito's expression changed slightly, as one of recognition once he saw Hikari's last name. "Oda...? I see." Saito smiled and finished the process without fanfare. Dean chuckled, knowing full well that Hikari's mind would turn into a whirlwind after that.

Next was the lovely Kamiko and her escort/ bodyguard, Ming. Saito's eyebrows rose in surprise once he saw her last name as well. "..Takahashi?" he whispered to himself. His gaze went from Kamiko to Ming, who only smiled knowingly and gave a nod, as if to confirm Saito's suspicions.

"Please make yourselves at home..." he said as they boarded.

It would seem that Saito found the father and daughter pair of Raven and her father, Sensei Topeni rather charming, as he bowed to them and even shook the sensei's hand.

"Greetings and Welcome. May I see your invitation?" he asked of Teresa. Saito regarded her with curiosity, but did not add any commentary as he politely invited her to board. He'd seen his share of seemingly unlikely warriors revealed to be dynamos.

And Speaking of.....

"Greetings and Welcome." Saito said to Ambrose, whom he couldn't help but to curiously appraise as he inspected his invitation. "Everything is in order, sir." Saito intoned with a nod a short moment later. "Please proceed aboard the aircraft."

Inside, the aircraft was quite spacious and luxurious. Each cushioned seat, which looked more like rows of lazy-boy seats, was big enough to be considered an upright bed. They all swivelled independently from one another and came with individual computer terminals affixed. The interior decoration, although minimalist in design, still seemed sumptuous. Seating arrangements were not going to be a problem aboard this flight.

As it was, a lovely stewardess was already waiting to serve their needs.

Once everyone was on board, Saito turned to those who had driven them here. His face took a thoughtful expression as he scanned the group.

"What is it?" Kwan Yi asked at once.

"The White Lotus is on my list, but I see she is not here."

This time, it was Kwan Yi's turn to raise his eyebrows. Grand Master Osamu only nodded gravely. "Let's hope she is only delayed." he put in after a beat.

"Aye. Let's hope." Kwan Yi agreed. His tone serious.

Osamu was about to say something, when he stopped short and slowly turned around, as if something of great interest had drawn his attention. Coming into the airfield was a black limo. Kwan Yi, Saito and Grand Master Osamu gazed at the vehicle with intensity. Xi Yi knew that look and stepped back.

The black limo stopped at a descrete distance. At once, the driver got out and came around to open the passenger side. A rather large figure stepped out. It was a very tall and very broad man dressed in black; abnormally big in fact. His eyes were hidden behind black shades and he sported a military buzz cut. His face was split by an evil-looking grin.

"Let me guess. Crimson Band?" Kwan Yi inquired with distaste.

Osamu nodded somberly before answering. "I'm afraid so..."

"Masters, allow m..."

"No." Osamu said without looking back, as he put out a powerful hand to stop Saito's forward step. "You have a mission to fulfill. Go now. Get the plane in the air. I'll handle this."

"Yes, sir."

Saito gave one last look, then turned and did as he was

14. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    May-Ling Parker
    Hong Kong, Airfield: Boarding Private Jet en route to Wuhan

Grandmaster Osamu Hibiki had told them that they were going to "a private transport to Wuhan, which is in the Hubei province. From there, things will get alot more interesting."

He sure was right about that.

Saito gave a short bow to May-Ling and Master Lu Chan after he had looked over her invitation. She wondered what he was looking for, but evidently he found it, because he then quickly keyed in Master Lu Chan's name on his ultra-thin electronic clipboard.

"Welcome. Please proceed aboard." he said, gesturing simultaneously for them to board. "You may take whichever seat you'd like." With that, Saito turned to receive the next guest. May-Ling started to enter when she heard Saito mention the cute boy's last name..like he might have recognized it. Most curious indeed. She smiled, and quickly disappeared inside the aircraft.

She took a look, and gave a small smile. Inside, the aircraft was quite spacious and luxurious. Each cushioned seat, which looked more like rows of lazy-boy seats, was big enough to be considered an upright bed. They all swiveled independently from one another and came with individual computer terminals affixed. COMPUTERS!!! At last, something she could use to relax with. She would have to wait of course, until take off, but she looked forward to getting a chance to use them. The interior decoration, although minimalist in design, still seemed sumptuous. A stewardess was already waiting to serve their needs. May-Ling asked for a juice, and then turned her attentions to studying the others as they entered the plane. So much to learn. She could tell some folks were probably related to each other. Some, she had no clue. She peered out the window when the doors began to close. She was rather surprised that the Grand Master had not come on to wish them all well. Actually, she was surprised that he was not going at all. But it seemed that way, once the plane began to leave the area, and head out to the runway to take off. She tried to look out, and see if she could see their kind host, but looked back when the stewardess came with her juice. But for a second, she thought she had seen something. A flash, maybe? But she wasnt sure. And now she could no longer see the area, as they were lifting off. She looked back at the others in the plane.

This all seemed a rather big production just to get them to the tournament. She thought back to old stories she had heard. Not so much to do with the fight to come, but Occult stories about the dragons. The dragon symbol they used for this battle. There was something - unusual to all of this. Not dangerous, but strange. Like it was almost expected. She had drawn a dragon before they had left. Interesting. And now, all of them flying together in the same flight. Towards the same destination.

She leaned back, and spoke softly towards Master Lu Chan. "Master. Is there... some OTHER significance, with the Dragon, and this tournament? I seem to be running into the image of it far too many times to NOT notice it..." she stated softly, as she looked at the others in the plane.

There was much to ponder here. She offered a quick smile to Hikari as she waited for Master Chan to respond.

Tag: Everyone! Ameteth, Mitth, Spacey, Teeg, Xany.

15. Ameteth

Mar 28, 2009
    Hikari Oda

Hong Kong; Airfield: Boarding Private Jet en route to Wuhan

Hikari had no recourse but to close his eyes and enter a semi meditative state; he had to calm himself and control his sense of urgency as the private jet sped to takeoff. The flash of light outside simply did not bode well, it was very sudden and unexpected: The adventure had begun?with a bang.

Everything seemed fine when they had boarded. May-Ling Parker had boldly taken the lead and started the boarding process; she and Master Lu Chan had been the first to enter the luxurious jet plane.
    Even though it might not have seemed terribly significant, Hikari felt a wave of satisfaction that it was their group that took the first step towards this very important destiny. He thought that it was a subtle show of confidence and valor, to take this final step onto the unknown, onto Wuhan and then on to the World Martial Arts Tournament .

Saito, the very large Asian man that was checking them in, was cordial and pleasant despite his intimidating mass. He had been polite when admitting May-Ling and likewise when it was Hiraki?s and Dean?s turn.
    There was a curious moment when Saito had seemed to recognize Hikari?s last name, which invariably amused Dean since he knew that this was going to drive Hikari into a fit of thinking and guesswork.
    It was beginning to dawn on the young dragon warrior that his father, rather, the Oda Family Clan, might have deeper involvement with this Wuxia Society than he could possibly imagine.
    Hikari surmised that his father had made preparations way ahead of time with the Reiken Arena people in the eventuality of his becoming a member?was this just a case of good connections or more??

He had eyed Saito?s wafer thin electronic clipboard admiringly, he wanted to peek at the screen to see if it was linked to any other device, but that would have been rude and impulsive, and not a good way to stay on the huge man?s good side.

Once inside he found the accommodations to be as first class as they can get, if not a bit better. The seats were more like huge recliners, almost like upright beds, deliciously comfortable and complete with computer terminals: Yea, definitely first class.

Hikari had chosen window seats so as to have a scenic trip and also so he could wave goodbye to Grand Master Hibiki .
    With an impish smile, he noticed that May-Ling and Master Lu Chan were sitting across the wide isle and one row ahead. He was planning to go over to her during the flight and ask May-Ling if she wanted to send a Movie Message to her folks before the Tournament grounds proper. He had no idea what surprises would await them out there, so it seemed prudent to make the offer now before they got swept away by all the possible fighting and training to come.

As he sat there trying to find the options/ set up menu on his terminal, his attention was divided between what was transpiring outside with Grand Master Hibiki and the other people boarding the jet plane.

Several other passengers had boarded and it was hard to tell who was the guest and who was the competitor.
    There was one couple that looked related, either older brother/younger sister, or cousins or father and daughter, it was hard to tell because of the familiarity between them and the large male had a ?youthful? demeanor about him that didn?t seem to scream overprotective dad.
    The girl somehow looked familiar but he could not place her, and for some odd reason he kept linking her to clubbing and that felt strange, given the circumstances.

The next couple was equally hard to read, except that they both seemed to have a high degree of training; their moves were precise and purposeful, no energy went to waste. The young lady was graceful and the man accompanying her was very attentive to the surroundings, Hikari noticed that he had made a complete 360º scan of the cabin before sitting down.
    Either of them could be competing.

But something was going on outside, Grand Master Osamu, Saito and another older man

16. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Ambrose Charles Ambrose
    Hong Kong; Airfield: Boarding Private Jet en route to Wuhan

"Greetings and Welcome." Saito said to Ambrose, whom he couldn't help but to curiously appraise as he inspected his invitation. "Everything is in order, sir." Saito intoned with a nod a short moment later. "Please proceed aboard the aircraft."

Nodding he proceeded to do just that. Boarding the plane had begun after the brief goodbye's, and soon found himself within the private jet, taken aback a bit by the over flowing luxury that it provided. Quickening his pace he found a seat on the far side of the plane, where he stowed his only bagage, his rather large back-pack which he strapped onto the back of his seat.

Buckling into the over cushioned and relaxing chair he closed his eyes and began some simple focusing technique's to help him clear his mind. Once that was done, ostensibly after the last person had boarded and the door was closing, he decided to take stock of the people around him. It was an old technique to gauge the strength of the others, but he sensed after a little while quickly drew his attention away from the others to stare at the opposite side of the plane where the Master were outside.

Though what was transpiring was lost to his senses the bright light told of something happening that most likely should not. All his instincts, from the military, from the jungles, from bartending even screamed at the light, for something was not right, and the reactions of those by those windows only confirmed his suspicions. But there was nothing he could do now as the engines roared and the plane the ground.

Only three questions raged inside his skull: What happened? Are my hosts alright? and What have I gotten myself into?

Hopefully time and senses would bear answers, but for now he could only stare and try to gauge what was happening.

TAG: Everyone! Ameteth, Ktala, Spacey, Teeg, Xany.

17. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    OOG: Welcome back Trimaj

White Lotus, Fiona
    Hong Kong, Airfield

They were late, and White Lotus hated being late. Period. But, something much more critical was afoot. She could both sense and feel it. The High Priestess looked at their driver, and made the same inquiry yet again.

"Kip, could you not go any faster?" she asked with singular intensity.

"With all due respect honorable one, I'm already way over the speed limit. Our safety is what I'm concerned about."

After a brief moment of contemplation, White Lotus gave the driver a solid nod.

"I understand, but this simply will not do. " White Lotus commented, then looked behind her to the two passengers aboard the cab, and her traveling companions.

"Fiona, Nicole, please remain in the vehicle until I instruct you to do otherwise."

White Lotus did not wait for a response as she turned once again to Kip.

"Do not come any closer than one hundred yards. Wait until I give the O.K. to approach, understood?"

Kip nodded affirmatively as he continued to focus on the vehicle now doing over 90MPH.

White Lotus did not wait another moment as she opened the vehicle door on her side and literally leapt into the air in one graceful motion. Kip simply closed the door behind her as if nothing out of the ordinary had occurred and only allowed himself a small glance as White Lotus became airborn and easily out raced the speeding vehicle. Kip looked ahead and could now clearly see the bright flashes of light, which were accompanied by the sounds of thunder. The driver grimaced at one particularly potent display, but did not waver. However, he did wonder if one hundred yards from the action was cutting it too close still.

The battle between Grand Master Hibiki and the 'Huge Adversary' that arrived at the airfiled had grown in greater intensity; so much so, that Xi Yi had to back up her car for fear of it coming apart due to the shockwaves. Kwan Yi noticed that the black limousine driver had taken similar precautions.

"What's taking so long?" Xi Yi shouted over the din of the battle to her father. "Are they equally matched? That's unbelievable."

Kwan Yi was silent for a moment, as even he was having trouble keeping up with the battle.

"I'm...not sure. It's hard to tell..."

Suddenly, an ear-piercing whistle split the air as a white flash streaked past them, rocking their vehicle, then impacted with the two combatants.The resulting shockwave almost caused them to tip over the other way. Light, sound and dust filled the air all around them, blocking their senses.

A moment later, a soft wind ventured into the area, wiping away the dust-clouds and settling dust. Kwan Yi and his daughter regarded the epicenter of the combat zone and held their breaths as everything had gone quiet. Three figures were in shilouette. They seemed to be just standing there. Then the bigger of the three fell like a mighty tree and thudded audibly as it hit the ground. The two other figures began to move after a moment and were coming towards Kwan Yi. The Old Master's eyes grew wide in recognition. He quickly got out of the car and bowed.

"High Priestess White Lotus!!" he said in reverence and relief. The sound of Grand Master Osamu's mirthful laughter filled the air, which Kwan Yi interpreted as a good sign. Victory was theirs and the adversary was vanquished...until the next time.

"At ease Master Kwan Yi. It seems my being late was not without purpose." The High Priestess commented in good humor, then turned around to signal for Kip to approach.

"Always an honor to do battle beside you, Grand Master."

"The feeling is mutual, High Priestess.." Osamu said, returning White Lotus' bow.

"Please forgive my curtness, but I still need passage to Wuhan. For three."

"There is nothing to forgive, for it is I who is in your debt. Come, let us see about getting you on a flight."

No Tag

Ambrose, Hikari, May-Ling, Kami

18. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    IC: Teresa Starkos
    Plane Ride!

The man Teresa presented her invitation to waved her forward, but not without a curious look. Her anxiety doubled. He could tell she wasn't supposed to be here, too - trying not to worry more, she entered the plane -

Wow. Martial artists travel in style.

The aircraft was spacious and luxurious, easily equal to the first-class section Teresa had walked through so often but never sat in. Each chair looked more like an armchair than an aircraft seat - an armchair complete with a full reclining feature, a computer terminal (on an airplane!) and - as Teresa sat down and glanced at the armrest - a swivel feature, too. What for, Teresa wondered. In case someone disliked the glare from a window?

She was not so preoccupied with the surprising luxury, however, to miss the altercation on the ground. Teresa watched through the window, her eyes wide, as the two men faced off, and only tore her eyes away when takeoff reduced them to specks in the distance. Only then did she sit back, unsettled.

This was the world of martial arts, so different from the world of medicine she had left behind - left behind? Teresa blinked, surprised by the finality of that thought. She had not left it behind; she was still a doctor with a promising career, she was just on leave -

So why did this feel like the plane was bringing her into an entirely different world, one she would not be able to come back from?

No. That was crazy. The plane was bringing her to Wuhan, and later another plane would bring her back. Anxiety was making her melodramatic; that was all.

Teresa shook her head and, seeking a link to the normal world, booted up the computer. Perhaps she would write some emails, or read the news ... or maybe she would indulge herself and watch a movie ...

Not a martial arts movie, though. She already felt like she was in one.

TAG: Anyone

19. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    OOC: thanks for the welcome back grey.

IC: Fiona "Flex" O'Hara/ Nicole/ Flying/ China
    Beside a window

Silence reigned for the moment. Sure, there was the constant thrum of the airplane's engines as it pushed them through the air, but there was nary a word to be heard for several moments after lift off. The two young women were too much in shock from what they had witnessed. Fiona could remember Nicole's hushed whisper perfectly. "You're... going to learn that?" The bugging eyes to practically falling out, the stare at the explosive contact between the three combatants, the sheer power of the spectacle overwhelming both of them utterly. Fiona's reply? A stare at her friend. There was no way she would ever be able to do what White Lotus had just done. It was impossible, beyond what she had seen before.

Leaning back with her eyes closed, ignoring the brilliant light pouring in through the open window Fiona thought. Well, one thought really. It had run around her mind since boarding the plane and was showing few signs of leaving. What have I gotten myself into? Fiona knew she had power, that she could tap into... whatever it was the masters had been using back on the ground, but was it even possible for her to have the focus needed for that? What have I gotten myself into? Would she be able to stick with this to a point where she could actually compete? Dear God. I have to face people like that. What have I gotten myself into?

Jumping as Nicole touched her hand, Fiona opened her eyes and looked at the blond woman. "Fiona? You ok?" What have I gotten myself into? The look of concern pasted across her face made Fiona wonder what she looked like. Surely it wasn't THAT disturbing. Not having a mirror she couldn't actually confirm that.

Taking a deep breath, holding it for several seconds, and then letting it out slowly she replied. "Yea. Just... worried. I didn't even know a world where anything remotely similar to that was possible less than forty eight hours ago and then to see something like that? My mind is just a little bit blown Nicole. How can anyone do something like that? I just don't get it. Damn my parents for hiding this from me." Her face sank into a scowl, mainly to mask the hurt that threatened to come boiling out. She was family less, and that terrified her more than her father's displeasure. What have I gotten myself into?

A rueful smile found it's way onto Nicole's face. "Imagine how I feel honey. I thought this was just fist fighting, not... Whatever that was." Absently she waved a hand back towards where they had come from. "What you told me about on the roof I figured was just hyperbole." The smile broadened. "Silly me huh? But you're gonna be able to do that kinda stuff. How cool is that?! I really wish I were you right about now Fiona. Family problems or not, that is so awesome to think you're gonna learn about that. Me? I'm probably just gonna get in the way." Her smile sank a little as she realize how utterly useless she very well might be.

Now it was Fiona's turn to play the cheer up game. "You're my friend, and I'm gonna need all the moral support I can get. White Lotus realized how much I needed your support, surely you have to see it. You're one of the most perceptive people I know, how've you not realized that yet?" Taking her friends hand she gave it a squeeze.

Nicole smiled again and squeezed back. Then she turned to White Lotus deciding to ask something she had been wondering for a while. "Umm... Sorry to bother you but... Uhh... What're we getting ourselves into White Lotus?" A loaded question if ever there was one.

Fiona just sat silently, listening for whatever the Asian woman would say, her mind again playing through it's track and echoing what Nicole had asked. What have I gotten myself into?

TAG: GREY

20. Ameteth

Mar 28, 2009
    Hikari Oda
    Private Jet en route to Wuhan

Hikari was quickly coming to the realization that patience was going to play a key part in the preservation of his balance and mental health. He was nearly beside himself with anxiety, worry and unanswered questions.
    Here he was, in a luxurious private jet going away from what seemed like a violent and fearsome clash of titanic powers.

The last thing Hikari saw as the plane took to the air was the generous Grand Sensei Osamu Hibiki , speeding and colliding with a very large dark male figure, they both had disappeared in the ensuing blinding flash of light and Hikari had been too shocked to immediately register the awesome power being unleashed.

Now all that occupied his mind where the questions, who, what and why? Who would dare assault the Grand Sensei? Why did that happen? What were we going to do about it?
    His eyes frantically searched the cabin for any sign of the large Asian man that had admitted them all on board, Saito , he would definitely have some idea of what had taken place and would surely provide answers that would set his worries aside.
    Had Saito called the Reiken Arena and alerted them of the debacle? Where they sending healers and warriors to aid the Grand Sensei?
    Hikari had to trust that the right steps were being taken and that the Grand Sensei would prove to be indomitable. Even so, all he wanted to do was to turn the plane around and go back to help.
    It struck him as odd that the other passengers seemed so subdued about the fight.

Hikari was so distracted with worry that his friend Dean?s voice almost came as a surprise, even though he had just asked him if he had seen what had just taken place down below.
    "You know, I'm very tempted to hit redial and call back Grand Master Osamu, and ask him if he's ok.? said Dean with a trace of anxiety in his voice? ?But then, I don't want to look like I'm overreacting. This is so frustrating. Does this sort of thing happen all the time? It feels so...I don't know, surreal...oy!"

?Yea, I know exactly what you mean, this sort of thing doesn?t happen at the clubs or beaches back home?ever!?

"What the heck just happened down there?" he asked, brimming with pent up frustration and anxiety.

?I?m going up to the front to get some answers??_ said Hikari as started to undo his safety belt.
    At that very moment Saito emerges from the captain?s cabin and proceeds to address the passengers.
    "Welcome aboard everyone. How's everyone doing so far? I'm told by the pilot that we'll have clear skies all the way to Wuhan, so make sure to enjoy the view when you get a chance. Our estimated flight time is just under two hours."

Saito paused and smiled, just enough to gauge the reactions of the guests.

"Additionally, we have several in-flight movies for your entertainment, as well as a variety of music and video channels, including access to the internet, as I see some of you have already discovered." Saito allowed himself a small chuckle of amusement at this."Also, feel free to mingle if you so desire, or ask "Judy" for any refreshments or snacks."

A jolt of adrenalin surged through Hikari about one heartbeat after the silence following the word ?snacks?. Saito had not mentioned the incident down below and it didn?t seem to be forthcoming without some prodding. Hikari closed his eyes, took a deep calming breath and took a firm grip of the armrests as he prepared to rise.
    He was formulating his questions in his head in a diplomatic and proper manner, for he was a guest here and his behavior would no doubt determine the type of answers he would get.
    But just before getting up Dean had raised his hand and was waving it intently.
    Saito saw this and could easily read the Youngman?s expression on his face. There was just no way around it.

Hikari let out a sigh of relief followed by a smile, feeling fortunate to have his best friend next to him for this trip. Dean had a way of simplifying things by way of honest directness and Hikari was always ama

21. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    May-Ling Parker

Saito exited the pilot's cabin and entered the passenger's lounge. "Welcome aboard everyone. How's everyone doing so far. Well I hope. I'm told by the pilot that we'll have clear skies all the way to Wuhan, so make sure to enjoy the view when you get a chance. Our estimated flight time is just under two hours."

Saito paused and smiled. "Additionally, we have several in-flight movies for your entertainment, as well as a variety of music and video channels, including access to the internet, as I see some of you have already discovered." He smiled. "Also, feel free to mingle if you so desire, or ask "Judy" for any refreshments or snacks."

May-Ling noticed that Hakari's friend Dean had raised his hand by now and was waving it intently. Saito spoke up again. "Concerning what you may have seen on the runway during lift-off, please do not be overly concerned about it at this time. Unfortunately, these 'incidents' happen from time to time, and are a reality to those in the field of martial arts. I can assure you that Grand Master Osamu is more than capable of handling himself and is quite likely alright, however, I will request an update once we land in Wuhan, in order to ease your concerns. For now, please focus on the tournament ahead of you. Is this fair enough?"

May-Ling looked over at her master. So, there HAD been something going on. Obviously, Dean and Hakari were able to see more clearly. And perhaps so had Master Lu Chan, as he payed careful attention to everything that was being said. But he didnt say anything, until folks began to relax, and he was finally able to lean over and answer My-Ling's question concerning dragons.

"Well, little one. In 'our' culture, Dragons are benevolent forces of nature. Powerful and wise. But other cultures embrace a 'less noble' dragon. Generally thought of as strictly mythical, those who are wise know that myths have to come from somewhere. Furthermore, who's to say myths only happen in story books." At that, Master Lu Chan was true to character and gave May his trade-mark, 'I-know-a-secret' wink.

One of May-Ling's studies was into ancient lore...and suddenly she had a feeling she was running into ancient bull to her. There WAS something more..but he was not telling her. He continued, "But don't worry your head too much about that right now. Stay focused on the tournament for now, distractions will only split your focus, and you're going to need that if your going to compete." Master Lu Chan said with a warm smile, then turned to the console in-front of him and gave it a dubious look.

"Now let me see if I can figure out how to get the music channel on this thing."

BINGO! He was trying to distract her now. Was HE worried about something, and not trying to let it get to her? She gave a soft sigh. She knew she would not learn anything else from him. With a shake of her head, she leaned over, and helped him figure out how to get ahold of the music he wanted. Unstrapping her seatbelt, she got up, and walked over to a internet access, and pulled up her laptop. As she did, she looked at the other faces on the plane with her. She wondered if she would have to fight any of them - especially Hikari. She waved a bit, to get 'Judy's' attention, in order to grab a juice, and then she sat about getting access. She had a tiny camera in her equipment, and she took a brief shot of everyone in the plane. Especially cute Hikari.

She stared at the monitor for a moment, not sure what she wanted to do, before she logged in, and began look up their destination, Wuhan. She decided to see what other info she could find, while she surfed the net. She quickly hooked up her drawing pad, and let her fingers doodle a few images of clouds and dragons while she worked on her search. She was letting her mind free to wander, and find out its own information, while she searched, trying to calm her nerves. Not so much on what would happen once they arrived there, but what would happen after it was all ov

22. Ameteth

Mar 28, 2009
    Hikari Oda

A warm and happy feeling spread through Hikari?s being as he saw May-Ling Parker working her computer terminal and what looked to be a pretty nice laptop. Maybe she also felt the need to relax by reconnecting to the soothing familiarity of cyberspace.
    He decides to wait a few moments before going over, not wanting to interrupt the set up process since he was well aware that it could take a few minutes and one needed to pay attention to these things.

As he waited for what seemed like the perfect moment, he was almost surprised at the absence of nervousness in himself. Perhaps it was a combination of familiarity and a growing appreciation for the seriousness of this trip that was chasing away any trepidation on his part, that and a real concern for their well being as a group and for her person.

He had to admit to that he was attracted to her for reasons that he could not fully explain; she exhibited inner strength and martial prowess and wit as sharp as any saber, and he found these qualities simply intoxicating.
    He also had to admit that he found the parade of living Barbie dolls back home?uninspiring.

?Excuse me Dean , I?ll be back in a few?? Hikari says without looking back at his best friend, fully expecting him to make a silly face or maybe the thumbs up sign in imitation of Grand Sensei Hibiki .

As he approaches her recliner, he notices her set up and the camera in her equipment, which brings a smile to his face. He can?t help but find the luxury and convenience built in to this jet very impressive.

Just before he begins his greeting, Hikari notices the drawing pad and May-Ling?s drawing of clouds and dragons, and is almost dumbstruck with amazement, but he recovers most of his composure, not wanting to look or sound awkward.

? Hey May-Ling?I hope I?m not interrupting anything?? He says looking at her and giving her a warm smile with a bit more tenderness that he originally meant to show.
    Quickly remembering his manners he looks over to Master Lu Chan and greets him with a slight bow of his head ? Master Lu Chan.?

?Wow! You are drawing dragons, over clouds even, how fantastic! May I see these??
    Feeling quite at ease in her presence, Hikari focuses his attention on whatever May-Ling might say next, happy that his anxieties are mostly gone, he can only hope that a good friendship can bloom from here, anything else would be a blessing form the Dragon himself.

Tag: Ktala

23. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    May-Ling Parker

Mayli was busy sipping on the drink the stewardess had brought her, one hand playing with the keyboard, and thinking of her old master was NOT trying to tell her when Hikari's voice brings her back to the present.

"Hey May-Ling?I hope I?m not interrupting anything?" He says looking at her and giving her a warm smile. May-Ling smiles as she looks up at him. And then quickly brings her hand to her face, as he looks over to Master Lu Chan and greets him with a slight bow of his head "Master Lu Chan." Dad would never have to worry him. The thought almost made her giggle. She hid her amusement at his actions, as he continued to speak.

"Wow! You are drawing dragons, over clouds even, how fantastic! May I see these?" May-Ling looked down at her drawns, and blushed slightly. Usually, she didnt like to show her artwork off, but he seemed interested. And he had correctly identified them, so perhaps...

"Sure." she said with a smile, as she slid her drawing pad over for him to look. "I seem to draw a lot of dragons, even when I'm not trying to.." she said with a grin, as she put her drink down. She looked up at him, and motioned for him to have a seat.

"I like to study the occult..you know, mystic, prophecies and such. And the Dragon has a lot of influence, within many cultures..." May-Ling shook her head. "I'm sorry. I'm babbling. Guess Im still a bit more nervous than I thought." She smiled at Hikari. This was the longest she had ever gotten a chance to speak with him before, and the closest as well. Things were looking up so far. And he was a familiar face on this plane full of strangers.

"So... what do you like to do? Well, besides the martial arts stuff, and jumping on a plane to who knows what with a bunch of strangers?" she asked him as she watched his face while he looked over her dragons. Her last dragon had been of the jade one they had received in order to take part of the tournament. It was definitely certain that THAT particular Dragon would be having sway over all of them.

That thought may May-Ling scan the plan once more, before settling in on Hikari's response.

Tag: Ameteth, anyone else on the plane

24. Ameteth

Mar 28, 2009
    Hikari Oda

There was no doubt in Hikari?s mind that he would have to become a follower of this Dragon that soars above the clouds. His fortune had been on a clearly ascendant path ever since accepting to participate in the World Martial Arts Tournament.
    Not only was he discovering a whole new world, but his eyes were being open even further about things that he only thought were myths and fantasies; a real secret society of Ki wielding Masters, the Legendary Reiken Arena, also known as the Soul Fist or Spirit Fist Coliseum, and then meeting Grand Sensei Hibiki as if by chance.
    There was definitely a guiding force to all this, and now he was sitting beside the beautiful May-Ling Parker , having a conversation that he could never possibly have with a girl in the normal world?

"I like to study the occult?you know, mystic, prophecies and such. And the Dragon has a lot of influence, within many cultures..."
    May-Ling spoke her words so honestly and as a matter of fact, that he couldn?t shake the sense that this level of coincidence just couldn?t possibly be coincidental, he felt like he was moving up the stepping-stones of destiny.

He tried masking his bewilderment with a smile as he listened to May-Ling?
    "I'm sorry. I'm babbling. Guess I?m still a bit more nervous than I thought." she shook her head and smiled at him, her words more of an explanation than an apology.
    ?Oh it?s not babbling at all. I also study the occult, and it is a very serious field. I don?t think it?s meant for everyone?duh! Well, that?s why it?s called ?Occult? right??
    ?But seriously, I?m glad to see that someone else is interested in the Dragon. I?ll let you in on a secret?? He lowers his voice a little and leans in a bit so she can hear him clearly but not getting too close that it would seem inappropriate.
    ? I?m actually waiting for the Reiken Arena administration to grant my library requests. I?m trying to get as much information about the Dragon as possible, even if I have to enroll on a study program, I just have to know more, I feel like it?s very important, almost more important than winning?if that makes any sense??
    At this he pulls back to a more natural distance, feeling that he might lose focus if he remained that close. This was the first chance that they have gotten to speak at length and he didn?t want to make a bad impression by getting lost in her eyes this soon, well at least not yet.
    ? If you like, we can share what we learn about the Dragon while we are out here, it would give us something to do during downtime?if we get any, hehehe??

That was definitely a nervous laugh, the very thought was an implied suggestion that the fighting ahead could become very intense and Hikari had to come to grips with the possibility of having to fight May-Ling for the competition.
    If she proved to be superior to him, he would be proud to have been bested by superior art, but he was sure to give it his all.

"So... what do you like to do? Well, besides the martial arts stuff, and jumping on a plane to who knows what with a bunch of strangers?" she asked with what sounded like real interest.

?Ah?well, hmmm?I guess I globetrot when I?m not training? I?m still trying to decide what to do with life and such. My mother runs a holistic wellness center and I help out regularly. I like gadgets a lot, but more as a semi serious hobby. Speaking of which??
    Hikari produces his P.E.T unit, which at first looks like sleek metallic wallet.
    ?This is my Portable Everywhere Terminal?it?s like a pocket computer, and it sort of does almost everything?umm??
    Hikari blushes with slight embarrassment at what he considers to sound like bragging. It is by dint of his family?s stature and fortune that he would have such an advanced piece of equipment in his possession and showcasing it like this felt a little juvenile.
    Pushing his chagrin aside he continues. ?Seeing how it is possible that we might not get much personal time once we arrive, I was thinking that maybe you might

25. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    - We're leaving on a jet plane.. :p

May-Ling Parker

Why did Hikari have such a strange look on his face? Granted, on his face, it was rather cute, but he had the deer in the headlights look..well, at least a little bit. May-Ling grinned.

"I'm sorry. I'm babbling. Guess I?m still a bit more nervous than I thought." she shook her head and smiled at him.

"Oh it?s not babbling at all. I also study the occult, and it is a very serious field. I don?t think it?s meant for everyone?duh! Well, that?s why it?s called ?Occult? right?" She laughed softly, nodding in agreement.

"But seriously, I?m glad to see that someone else is interested in the Dragon. I?ll let you in on a secret?" He lowers his voice a little and leans in a bit. It was like they where sharing a secret, so she leaned in a bit as well, smiling as she did. " I?m actually waiting for the Reiken Arena administration to grant my library requests. I?m trying to get as much information about the Dragon as possible, even if I have to enroll on a study program, I just have to know more, I feel like it?s very important, almost more important than winning?if that makes any sense?" He then pulls back away from her once more, as she thought of his words. She wondered why he thought that the Reiken Arena would have much about Dragons.

"If you like, we can share what we learn about the Dragon while we are out here, it would give us something to do during downtime?if we get any, hehehe?" He laughed nervously. May-Ling nodded. "I think we might find out more about the Dragon from the surrounding area, than the center, actually." May-Ling said, as she leaned back a bit. "Books only tell some of the story. But I bet some of the older folks here could tell much more...if only as a story." She sat back in her seat, smiling softly. "I hope we do get the time to find out. She noticed that Hikari seemed to be getting quiet so she quickly changed to subject.

"So... what do you like to do? Well, besides the martial arts stuff, and jumping on a plane to who knows what with a bunch of strangers?" she asked.

"Ah?well, hmmm?I guess I globetrot when I?m not training? I?m still trying to decide what to do with life and such. My mother runs a holistic wellness center and I help out regularly. I like gadgets a lot, but more as a semi serious hobby. Speaking of which?" Hikari produces his P.E.T unit, which at first looks like sleek metallic wallet. "This is my Portable Everywhere Terminal?it?s like a pocket computer, and it sort of does almost everything?umm?" Hikari blushes with slight embarrassment, and Mayli finds it rather striking. She smiled, looking at his P.E.T. with interest, giving him a bit of time to recover.

He quickly continued. "Seeing how it is possible that we might not get much personal time once we arrive, I was thinking that maybe you might want to send a Movie Message to your parents letting them know that you are ok so far and that you?ve met some nice people." He gives her a broad smile to punctuate his meaning. "But I see that you have a good set up here too." He waves at her laptop and the plane?s computer terminal.

At the mention of her parents, May-Ling's smile fades slightly. Her parents knew Master Lu Chan. They trusted him. She wondered what they would say of her new Master. OR, what they would think of all of THIS. Not that she could reach them anyway. They were off on one of their -retreats.

May-Ling looked out the window for a moment, and then looked back over at Hikari. "Thanks for the offer. But not necessary. I told them I was gone before I left. And they are gone. Got no way to contact them at the moment." She then gave a brief smile. "They will find out soon enough. And if I know Master Lu Chan, he probably took care of that already."

She smiled. "But I would love to check out the software you mentioned." she quickly added. "Hmmmm." She looked around the plane. She then gave a sly grin, and looked over at Kikari. "Why dont we do a vid about everyone

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.