main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Thriller Dragon Warriors: Bloodlines

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by greyjedi125, Mar 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShadowLeonheart

ShadowLeonheart Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 15, 2005
    Michael Lorado
    Wongs hip village... Hong Kong

Michael exited the hut well rested and with a newfound confidence. He wondered around to find Wong teaching a small martial arts group. Michael Stood behind the gathered monks and begun to mimic there moves and drills. It seemed as though there style didn?t match most monk cultures. Most monk cultures are almost entirely composed of defensive techniques. Wong was instructing a technique that was all defensive but every move put the monk in a position to go offensive with minimal energy and with little blockage. It also seemed to adopt primarily an African branch of tiger stance kung fu... this was panther style, it had far more attacks that spawned from a lower position then the enemy

Michael continued to mimic moves until the monks dispersed and he was alone with Wong... "Where did you all learn this technique?"

Tag: Grey

2. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    IC: Teresa Starkos
    Home, London, UK

Teresa sat at her kitchen table, head resting on her hands, staring at the box.

The trip home had been unwaveringly normal. She had walked to the station, taken the Underground (packed, as usual), walked home, and opened the front door (the key had stuck in the lock, also as usual - she really needed to get that fixed). Then she had gone about her usual coming-home routine: deposit her keys in the bowl and her bag on the chair by the door, hang up her coat, change into comfortable slippers, wash her hands and face ...

But what was usually a comforting pattern was just a distraction today, and Teresa knew it. Her mind kept returning to the box, and so she had finally taken it out of her bag and placed it on the kitchen table.

And now she was staring at it, vaguely trying to convince herself it wouldn't explode or something when opened.

Stop it, Teresa scolded herself. She was being ridiculous. It was just a box. A simple, ordinary, wooden box ... that could hold virtually anything ... but she had never been afraid of the unknown. Why, then, did she hesitate now?

Because Old Jackie had been on to something. Old Jackie had told her something important, something really significant, even if she didn't know what it was ... and if she opened the box, something would change. Something. She just didn't know what.

Did she want something to change? She liked her life as it was now.

But in the end, curiosity won out. Teresa opened the box.

TAG: Grey

3. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    Fiona "Flex" O'Hara/ New York City/ USA
    Madison Square Garden, Rooftop

Time seemed to stand still during the silence, during which Fiona found her heart beating harder for some reason or the other. The unknown lurked ever closer to her, and as soon as this conversation was done and she collected her things it would engulf her. It was as though there were eyes on her back, but when she turned to look there was nothing there. Unnerving was a good word for the way it felt, and unnerved definitely fit her state of mind.

Then the silence ended and the odd sensation passed to the back of her mind. White Lotus looked at her, and odd mixture of disappointment and approval mixing themselves in her voice as she told Fiona to go and take care of what was needed, and being told she would meet Fiona at the exit.

Bowing her head slightly in appreciation and respect her voice came out very softly again, "Thank you." And then she found herself holding the little box, and White Lotus took a step back and bowed, which Fiona returned, and then pounded the ground, forcing her staff to bounce into her hand.

"Light guide your path."

Slightly confused, but realizing it was something of a ritual parting, Fiona decided to return it. "And yours," her voice coming out stonger than it had been. Things were settled, somewhat, and she knew her immediate path, even if the rest was decidedly shadowed in "what ifs".

Turning back towards the entrance to the main building Fiona headed downstairs and back to her locker. It was a drastically longer walk than it had been as she was in no particular hurry. Dealing with her coach was one reason for that, the fact that her mind was somewhat occupied with what she might need to do was another. Her parents would have to be told she was going on a trip, ticket to wherever bought, and she would also have to pack for a potentially extended journey. Hopefully extended journey, because if it wasn't it would mean she had failed, and quickly.

Arriving in the locker area there stood her coach, a worried expression on her face one that quickly turned angry as soon as she saw that Fiona was ok. This was a woman who had known Fiona for over sixteen years at this point, one who was almost family (in a tough love kinda way), and who had been there for her when Fiona needed someone. In short a second mother who also happened to be able to train her to be her best. Margret Williamson was probably the closest thing that Fiona had to a best friend on top of everything else, and she was about to do something that would basically cut the woman out of her life potentially forever.

Coming over to her, Margret had her hands on hips and her voice was stern. "Where have you been young woman? You missed your turn and this will be the first thing you have lost in years! How could you do that? Is something wrong?" Concern had crept back into her expression, but the anger was still very much in the forefront.

Going to her locker Fiona started cleaning it out, and considered changing clothes but decided that could wait. "I'm find Mags, but I'm done. I need something more challenging as this has become something of a farce. You know it, they all know it," here she waved out towards the arena, "and what's more I know it now. As to where I was, someone issued me a challenge... And I effectively lost for the first time in almost six years. And you know what? It felt good. It meant there was still more to learn out there, and something to push myself for. But it's not this... It's not gymnastics, even though what I've learned and done will definitely help me." Here she looked at her friend and mentor, smiling sadly. "I don't know when I'll see you again, but I want you to know I appreciate everything you've done for me. Everything you've taught me. I hope I get to see you again, but if I don't you should know that I love you for sacrificing your life for mine. Now you get to have one for yourself." Here she looked at the older woman and saw something nearing acceptance.

Sighing softly Margret

4. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    Raven Topeni
    Topeni Dojo, Brooklyn, New York

Master Wei gave Raven a nod after he saw her go in to a fighting stance. It showed that she made the right choice in adopting the stance then just speaking in terms of agreement. Master Wei came rushing in at Raven with incredible speed. He was inside striking range in no time flat.

The Master was already in motion as he executed a spinning backsfist strike with his left arm. Raven was ready, her mind was focused as she saw the elder man come rushing in for the attack. With a spiining backfist strike, Raven instantly motioned her lower left arm which parrelled the masters and brought it up for the block. Master Wei followed the strike with a full rotation roundhouse kick with his right leg.

A full roundhouse at this range? This came as a surprise to Raven for the impact of such an attack at so close in range would not have the full effect. It could knock her down, but it would be his leg not foot that could deal the blow. Either way Raven knew she had to do something to avoid it.

It was times like this that Raven's cheerleading and hip hop dancing came in to play. To some it might seem inconcievable, but Raven was a person that would use her full arsenal of skills in any type of battle, even if it was considered unorthodox to some.

Raven immediately went in to a split, which should make the roundhouse kick completely by pass her. Then using her upper arms to hold her weight, she decided she would counter by kicking the back of Master Wei's left knee before his right leg could come back in to position. If all went well, then Master Wei should fall flat on to the ground while Raven's legs would be sweeping back in to her own position letting her get back up on to her feet.

TAG: GreyJedi

5. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Ambrose Charles Ambrose
    Temple Bar, Dublin

He nodded slightly at the statement, the local variety about tradition, it was old and well versed one in his circles. Often used to infer how if one did not honor traditions, or heritage, than one lost themselves, and the best why's one lived or brought others to live. Of course there were the other meanings and interpritations but Mr. Miyagi was talking again as the busboy left.

"I'll lay em' out fer ya' then." putting a fist on the table he stuck out one finger, adding another with each point "One. Where is tis' exactly? Two. How in blazes am I supposed to be gettin' there? Three. Is this a lone journey of contemplation to the location or do I need to be studying along the way? Four. Will I need to find a special trainer or will one be provided? Five."

At this he leaned forward slightly as he stuck his thumb out, hand spread flat against the table, "Since I don't much care about a huge monetary prize, and we both know this isn't about that now, what is it exactly that I am fighting to have or to protect?"

6. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    Itzhak Peled
    Victoria Harbour, Hong Kong, China

The bookstore proprietor matched Itzhak Peled's steely gaze as the SOG agent presented his answer.

?I was given this invitation the other day. What do you know about it??

The agent's answer was brief and glaringly bereft of information. However, what Itzhak held in his hand told a very different tale. It spoke volumes for him.

The proprietor cleaned his glasses before visually examining the jade invitation. He was noticeably taking his time. He even leaned in and made a few sounds as he looked, but at no point did he take the item.

"It seems to me you have the genuine article." He said in conclusion, finally looking up. "I doubt you could have taken such an item by force, but if you by some miracle could...." he paused, his eyes studying Itzhak. " Then I guess you were meant to have it, excpet that... you've already stated that it was given to you, which I'll accept as the truth."

The old man cleared his throat once again.

*Ahem...*

"This is an invitation to the World Martial Arts Tournament." The old man declared with a smile as he spoke the words. "You must feel very honored. Would you care for some tea?" He asked cordially.

The old man turned and began to move away as he was expecting a verbal answer. He needed only his ears for that, his eyes were needed to find the tea set necessary to show proper hospitality.

Now where did he put it?

Mandeillord

May-Ling Parker & Hikari Oda
    Hibiki Saikyo Karate Academy, Hong Kong

"So what would you like to do first after we check in? Eat, sight-see or something else?" Master Lu Chan had asked.

May-Ling pulled herself away from the window, to look at Master Chan, grinning. "Well, that depends on how much time we have." May-Ling stated, all but bouncing in her seat. "But I think... I would like to grab a bite to eat, and take in a few sights..." May Ling grinned.

"But I really would like to find someplace to get some uh.. extra training in." she added with a wink.

At this Master Chan raised an eyebrow, even if he was unable to conceal his smile. He put a hand to his chin and thought for a moment.

"Ah...I know just the place!" he said, snapping his fingers, then leaned forward to give the cab driver new instructions. The driver nodded affirmitively and smiled knowingly before making a sharp left away, from the harbor and the general direction of the hotel.

"Oh, don't worry..." Master Chan reassured May Ling with a smile. "This should all work out rather nicely."

Master Chan finished with a broad smile and a wink of his own.

***A few moment's earlier back at the Hibiki Saikyo Karate Academy***

Grand Sensei Hibiki had offered to aid Hikari in whatsoever he should need while in Hong Kong. The young Oda accepted the offer with the honor befitting his family name.

? Grand Sensei Hibiki?you bring us much honor by your help. I believe that knowing a general direction in which to go would be a great start. Maybe a landmark to look out for could help us measure our progress and our travel time. We were told that Hong Kong would be a good starting place, and from here we would learn where to go next. Meeting with you like this at the beginning of our journey is truly good fortune and a good sign.?

Osamu could not help but to give a hardy laugh of approval.

"Oh ho ho! You are truly your father's son Hikari Oda. It will be an honor to provide you with all that you require."

?I hope to one day repay your kindness Grand Sensei Hibiki?arigato gozaimasu!? Hikari says as he bows respectfully before the Grand Sensei.

"Ah, Hikari. You do your family honor, but there's no need to be quite that formal. You have my leave to relax a bit." Grand Sensei Osamu gives the burgeoning warrior a smile and a wink, and at that moment, tea is brought out and placed on the table before them.

****Currently, At the Hibiki Saikyo Karate Academy[

7. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Ambrose Charles Ambrose
    Temple Bar, Dublin

Nodding slightly he thought for a little bit before responding with hands folded in kind, "May the moon shine softly on your path, as a subtle reminder of a bigger picture than can be seen."

Smiling as he sat back he simply nodded, "An' if ya' have the notion I be open to travel donations." spreading his hands wide a little before picking up the wooden box and looking over it at Master Miyagi.

8. ShadowLeonheart

ShadowLeonheart Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 15, 2005
    Michael Lorado
    Outskirt village, Hong Kong

Michael was a bit surprised by the request from Wong, but he didn't want to insult the one who seemed to be his ally. "Ok but after this you owe me some answers" Michael said as he grinned.

He stood shoulder with apart. He let his weight sit on the balls of his feet in a 50/50 weight ratio where he was half forward and backward in the placement of weight, not centered. With his elbows anchored and his hands out in 45 degree angels he achieved a sort of boxer?s stance. He now was in a deflective stance of Kenpo Karate. His eyes were closed this whole process while he projected a strange glowing blue aura around his temples that traveled down the sides of his neck, to his pectoral mussels, to his shoulders, then faded to nothing as it went down his arms near his half clenched fists. This was obviously unknown to him and disappeared as the stance was perfectly set and his eyes opened.

He extended his gaze and grinned saying, "Go for it Wong".... he said confidently.

Tag Grey....
    Ps, nice video =D=

9. Ameteth

Ameteth Jedi Master star 1

Mar 28, 2009
    Hikari Oda

So much was going on in such a short space of time that Hikari had to take a few moments to quiet his mind and absorb the moment.

To begin with, he was starting to like Grand Sensei Osamu Hibiki very much. Not only did the Grand Sensei have the bearing of a powerful warrior, he also seemed to have a great deal of empathy and good nature. The young Oda couldn?t help but wonder what it would be like to study under Grand Sensei Hibiki?s guidance, maybe it would be possible to explore that possibility in the near future.
    Hikari was also finding great appreciation for all the years of decorum training that he had to undergo as a child, considering the social status of his family. At the moment his western side was at odds with his eastern side, wanting very much the instant gratification of having all his questions answered on the spot. Luckily the eastern upbringing was holding sway and he would have to exercise patience and allow for the answers to be revealed in due time.

The secret world of Wuxia was unfolding before him and his natural curiosity was almost getting the best of him, for example, the recently arrived visitors; Master Lu Chan and the young lady May-Ling Parker.
    Even though Hikari had never heard of Master Lu Chan, the warm reception and familiarity between Master Lu Chan and Grand Sensei Hibiki made it clear that these two had history together and mutual esteem.
    But what did he mean by ?my former student?? Was he bringing May-Ling to the Hibiki Saikyo Karate Academy to study under Grand Sensei Hibiki? To be introduced directly like this could only mean that the young lady was extremely talented.

Having glanced at May-ling and watching her take a seat, Hikari was struck by the young lady?s bearing. The heat of the teacup against his hand warned him that he was probably passing the few seconds that are polite in observing a person and was dangerously entering the stage of staring.
    He noticed that her features suggested mixed parentage, most especially the way her blue eyes contrasted with her onyx black hair, with the hairpins and curious jewelry braided in. There was something about the way she moved, the precision of it, the way she sat, perfect posture but not rigid. She seemed to be radiating?strength, not brute force, but something akin to confidence and determination?Hikari couldn?t yet determine what it was, but he was slightly mesmerized. She was beautiful, not like the ?Barbie? girls from South Beach Florida with their cosmetic expertise; it was probably her aura that he perceived. ? Ha! The lady dragon casts glamourine of her own? he thought almost smiling.
    Catching himself almost staring and not wanting to look some caveman blockhead, Hikari takes a sip f his tea and glances over to his friend Dean to see if he has taken the same level of notice of May-Ling.

"And these are my two visitors. Hikari Oda and Dean Law." offered Grand Sensei Hibiki by way of introduction.

"Oda...?" Master Lu Chan echoed, but did not comment further. "A pleasure to make your acquaintance." He said to both of them.

?The pleasure is ours Master Lu Chan?? _responded Hikari and gave a respectful bow.

The young warrior did notice that Master Lu Chan seemed to recognize the Oda name, but didn?t find it significant at the moment. His mind briefly went on to consider that somewhere, perhaps not too far, there were other warriors and Masters meeting and convening in readiness for the World Martial Arts Tournament. He wondered what they would be like?and then it dawn on him that perhaps these two were also on their way there.

?Uh-oh?what if I have to fight her??, now he really couldn?t look over at May-Ling without wanting to study her. This brought an interesting feeling of confusion.

"So, to what do I owe the honor of your visit?" Grand Sensei Hibiki asked good naturedly.

Hikari looks at Dean before turning and facing the two new comers, his expression is genial yet casual, ready to l

10. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    May-Ling Parker

]"But I really would like to find someplace to get some uh.. extra training in." Mayli told Master Chan. His response had been interesting. Master Chan had raised an eyebrow, He put a hand to his chin and thought for a moment. "Ah...I know just the place!" he said, snapping his fingers, then leaned forward to give the cab driver new instructions. The driver nodded affirmatively and smiled knowingly before making a sharp left away. Mayli looked over at Master Chan curious. "Oh, don't worry..." Master Chan reassured May Ling with a smile. "This should all work out rather nicely." Master Chan finished with a broad smile and a wink of his own. Mayli giggled, he was up to something. Soon the taxi stoped at an eight story building, which still possessed an old-eastern flavour in its decor with a decidedly modern touch. Though stairs were good for exercise, elevators were better for business.

"Well, Here we are May-Ling. The Hibiki Saikyo Karate Academy!" Master Lu Chan announced as they walked into the eight story building. May-Ling looked around the building with interest, as she followed Master Chan into the building. Master Lu Chan quickly spoke with the receptionist, who was stationed by the lobby's display of banners, class pictures, various displayed weapons and tournament throphies. Even the 'dancing lion' was kept behind glass within the lobby. May-ling looked at the many items on display. It was quite fun to look at all of the items. The smiling receptionist motioned towards the far elevator and Master Lu Chan thanked her before moving in the direction indicated.

"We are going to visit an old acquaintance." He explained to May-Ling as he pressed the call button. An old acquaintance? May-Ling thought to herself. She quickly smoothed out her clothing with her hands, making sure she looked presentable. Smiling, she followed Master Chan out of the elevator. Master Lu Chan spoke to another, and then they were usured into a large room, by another person. Already in the room, was three men, one looked much older than the other two.

"Grand Sensei, Master Lu Chan is here to see you."

Grand Sensei? Interesting title. Grand Sensi spoke up. "Well, if it isn't Master Lu Chan..." Osamu said with a knowing tone in his voice, though he bowed respectfully.

"Grand Sensei....Osamu Hibiki." Master Lu Chan announced, also with a knowing tone and an equally respectful bow. Both men chuckled to themselves, almost as if holding in some private joke. Hibiki? His name sounded somewhat familiar. So, they obviously knew one another from the way they acted. She learned something new about her old Master every day.

"I see your school has grown, it is now a fine Academy." Master Lu Chan observed as he looked around appreciatively.

"Thank you, please make yourselves at home." Osamu gestured to two free seats. " I am already entertaing guests. A spot of tea perhaps?" the Grand Sensei offered.

"We are honored by your hospitality. Thank you. This is my former student, May-Ling Parker." Master Lu Chan said, introducing May-Ling as he took the seat next to May. Ugh.. did he HAVE to save former student? She held back a sigh. She would indeed miss his company, so she focused herself on the introductions being made.

"A pleasure to make your acquaintance." The Grand Sensei said with a nod.

May-Ling smiled, and gave a respectful bow, "I am honored to meet you." she said polietly to the Grand Sensei, as she had been taught, as she waited for Sensei to sit, before she took her seat after the two men. She looked from one to another, with a grin.

"And these are my two visitors. Hikari Oda and Dean Law."

"Oda...?" Master Lu Chan echoed, but did not comment further. "A pleasure to make your acquaintance." He said to both of them.

?The pleasure is ours Master Lu Chan?? _responded Hikari and gave a respectful bow.

May-Ling nodded her head. "Nice, meetin

11. DarthXan318

Sep 12, 2002
    Home, London, UK

Teresa picked up the jade carving, frowning. It was a ... dragon? A coiled Oriental dragon, as opposed to one of its huge-winged western counterparts, no bigger than a bookmark and topped with a golden tassel.

Curious. And unlike anything she'd seen before -

No. No, that wasn't strictly true.

In fact, come to think of it, Teresa was quite certain she'd seen it before. She turned it over in her hands, absently rubbing a thumb over is grooves. Somewhere, somehow she knew this carving - it was a very very familiar design, maddeningly so. She couldn't fathom why it should be, but it was.

This made no sense. A carving given to her by Old Jackie shouldn't be familiar, but it was.

Teresa exhaled loudly. Never mind how or why, she was positive she had seen it before ... and that meant she just had to remember where. Her memory rarely failed her, a useful skill for medical school exams; it just needed to be jogged sometimes. Teresa focused on the carving, the details that turned it from a block of jade into a dragon floating in the clouds, and let her mind roll back through the years ...

I hope it's clear enough what Teresa is trying to do... :D

12. Teegirloo

May 26, 2005
    Raven Topeni
    Topeni Dojo, Brooklyn NY

Raven immediately went in to a split, which caused Master Wei?s roundhouse kick to sail harmlessly above her head, completely bypassing her. She then used her upper arms to hold her weight, as she decided she'd counter by kicking the back of Master Wei's left knee before his right leg could come back into position.

Her eyes glanced over toward Master Wei as her feet was coming back in to position. He actually fell down. Though she knew that the result of the fall from the kick was inevitable, it still surprised her somewhat. Master Wei was no novice, he was an exceptionally skilled martial artist. Raven considered herself lucky for even getting the drop on him. It maybe the only time she ever will, since the fight had only begun and he didn?t know what to expect from her.

Just as she thought as she was finally getting up from the ground, Master Wei palmed the floor with both his hands and smoothly turned the fall into a back-springing action. He immediately executed a double fisted strike to her midsection.

She stepped backwards while her stomach felt like it buckled from under her due to the impact of the hits. After finally regaining her composure, she started to go on the attack hoping to back up Master Wei toward the wall.

With a series of full frontal kicks exchanging it with side kicks, she hoped to be able to connect toward Master Wei?s chest with the power that she had in her legs.

13. Mandeillord

Mandeillord Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 13, 2006
    Itzhak Peled
    Bookstore, Victoria Harbour, Hong Kong, China

It seemed as if the old man took hours to examine the invitation and Itzhak did not know whether this was his fatigue setting in or just his childish impatience. He tried to shake away the weariness from his body, as an agent of his caliber had to be alert and ready at all times.

"It seems to me you have the genuine article." He said in conclusion, finally looking up. "I doubt you could have taken such an item by force, but if you by some miracle could..." he paused, his eyes studying Itzhak. " Then I guess you were meant to have it, except that... you've already stated that it was given to you, which I'll accept as the truth."

The old man cleared his throat once again.

*Ahem...*

"This is an invitation to the World Martial Arts Tournament." The old man declared with a smile as he spoke the words. "You must feel very honored. Would you care for some tea?" He asked cordially.

The man gave no new information to Itzhak at the moment, but he was a patient man and would be willing to sit for longer with the old bookstore owner if it meant gaining valuable knowledge about his task. Itzhak would usually deny an offer for refreshments, but in his exhausted state he needed some caffeine to kickstart his mind and muscles.

?A cup would be nice.? He paused to rub his temples. Even talking strained him at this point. ?I realize that this invitation should make me feel extremely proud and honored, but I honestly do not know any information about this tournament. If you know anything I would be very grateful if you shared your knowledge with me.?

14. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    Fiona "Flex" O'Hara/ New York City/ USA
    Madison Square Garden, Exit

There was silence as they walked together, towards the parking garage that held Fiona's car. She was one of those privileged people in New York City to be able to actually afford one, not that she'd ever really thought about it that much. Where she was raised pretty much everyone had one, and just jumping in and going was not unusual by any means. She was thankful for White Lotus giving her some time to get her emotions under control before asking anything.

There were really two options as to how to deal with her parents, on the phone or in person. At the moment she just wasn't up to going out to where they lived, which meant the phone. So with that in mind there was really only one place to go, and that was back to her apartment. "I think I'm going home first. I need to get packed." It was then that she realized that she had no clue where she was going other than Asia.

Reaching into her pocket Fiona realized she'd left her key's in the bag she carried, along with her purse. Delving into it in search of the keys it took her a moment or two to finally extract them. "Where exactly am I going anyway? All I know is it's somewhere in Asia..." Here she climbed into the car after unlocking it, and hit the button that unlocked the rest of the doors. Also be useful to know what to take, for that matter. But that could wait for the moment.

After White Lotus had climbed in she took off home.

TAG: GREY

OOC:
    been debating with myself about doing it all in one post, and decided against it. i do have the whole situation plotted out however.

:snoopy

15. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Ambrose Charles Ambrose
    Temple Bar, Dublin

Smiling, Ambrose sat back and simply nodded, "An' if ya' have the notion I be open to travel donations." spreading his hands wide a little before picking up the wooden box and looking over it at Master Miyagi.

The Martial Arts Master regarded Ambrose and gave him a knowing smile of his own. He remained silent for a moment, then looked steadily at the invitation before speaking.

"All that you need to get you to Hong Kong and 'beyond', you already have in your hands. Use it wisely. Utilize your senses and you will 'see', they won't lead you astray. No matter what you 'hear'. Be mindful of what you 'say' and to 'whom' you speak. The road to Wudang is full of many lessons. The time is right for you to travel as you are, do not tarry however." There was a nod and a brief pause before Miyagi added: "Understand that the journey itself is also a test."

With that being said, Master Miyagi rose from his seat and bowed deeply to Ambrose.

"I must be taking my leave from here friend. If you have no other questions, then I will show myself out."

Master Miyagi looked around and noticed more patrons entering, then he found the person he was looking for. He made brief eye contact with the busboy turned waiter and made a visible gesture of leaving a tip on the table. He then turned his head to face Ambrose and said; "Light guide your path."

Master Miyagi made to leave if there were no further questions, and perhaps, just maybe, there was a chance that Ambrose would cross path with him again.

Tag: Mitth_Fisto

*********************************************************************************
    Michael Lorado
    Outskirt village, Hong Kong

Wong was silent as he watched Michael prepare and square of to spar against him. He nodded almost imperceptibly as he sensed Ki energy. But that was only a small part of what he wanted to know. He had already witnessed Michael use Ki to 'defend' himself. But according to Michael, that had been a reflex.

Micheal's stance was solid and he seemed ready as his eyes suddenly opened.

Looking upon the monk, he smiled saying, "Go for it Wong".... he spoke confidently.

Wong gave a nod, and looked Michael directly in the eyes. Once he had his attention, he exploded into action. Wong stepped in with two consecutive overhead strikes, the second which was more of a parry that blended smoothly into a frontal reverse fist to the jaw, followed by a straight punch to Michael's chest. Depending on his opponent's in-combat reaction, Wong would probably be able to better infer some of the answers he was seeking.

Tag: Shadowleaonheart

*****************************************************************************
    Hikari Oda & May-Ling Parker

Dean may have been quiet all this time after opening his mouth and embarrassing himself, but as he busied himself with his tea, he did not fail to notice all the goings-on in the receiving room.

Grand Sensei Osamu Hibiki received visitors in the forms of one Master Lu Chan and...well, as the Master had said himself, his former student. An attractive female by the name of May-Ling Parker. Dean caught on to the possibility that the two Masters actually knew each other by the way they acted, as well as Master Lu Chan's tone as he repeated Hikari's family name. The way he had uttered 'Oda', almost as if he knew something. Odd and interesting.

As for his beautiful 'former-student', Dean certainly did not fail to catch how Hikari had been catching glances, and her doing the same. Oh, to be suddenly rendered invisible!

Dean chuckled behind his tea cup. He turned his head to wink at Hikari and was certain that would get the young lady's attention. Once he made eye contact, he smiled politely and mouthed at her with big rounded gestures since he did not want to speak over the two Masters; 'Hi, I'm Dean, nice to meet you."

Aft

16. Teegirloo

May 26, 2005
    Raven Topeni
    Topeni Dojo Brooklyn, NY

Raven continued to use kick after kick getting closer to the Martial Arts Master, even brushing the fabric of his clothing. Everything seemed to be going well. Each kick was designed to back Master Wei up toward the wall. She was setting him up for a much stronger kick. Raven?s next move was a powerful thrust kick that was sent to his chest and Master Wei stepped into it and caught it with both hands. The impact resounded through the Dojo, and yet he seemed unfazed. The Martial Arts Master wore a smile as he gave Raven a small approving nod, then twisted. Hard.

The move surprised Raven for she never expected him to catch her foot. The strength in his body was amazing. She knew she kicked him hard, he just had to feel it, yet he never showed an ounce of emotion that it hurt. Instead he gave her a smile.

Then Master Wei did something that Raven calculated as one of the few option moves in his position. He started to twist her foot counter clockwise. Raven on the other hand had very few options. She knew she had to improvise to get out of her position.

As Master Wei started to twist her foot, Raven decided not to fight the twist and go with the flow of it. Her body started to twist around and Raven swung her arms to give her momentum, so that her free leg would twist right around and kick the Martial Arts Master in his head.

If this all worked out, then Master Wei would have to block the kick and most importantly release the leg he was holding. Now she had to wait to see what the Martial Arts Master would do next. Either way Raven would be free of the awkward position she was in.

17. DarthXan318

Sep 12, 2002
    Home, London, UK

Teresa's eyes snapped open, more confused than before.

She remembered that conversation, of course - it was unforgettable. That was when she told her parents about her desire to follow her grandfather's footsteps and become a doctor. In any other family, "I want to be just like Grandpa," would probably not have been a problem, but unfortunately for Teresa her favourite grandfather had been the black sheep of the flock.

Most of the Starkoses, beginning with her great grandfather, had what Teresa privately thought of as an odd fascination with the East. They were all involved in the 'family business' in some way or another, apothecaries or folk healers or kungfu practitioners of some kind - heck, her parents ran a martial arts store and her uncle ran a dojo. Her grandfather had been different; her grandfather had been a renowned surgeon and a brilliant doctor, and he'd always had time to spend with his youngest granddaughter.

It was one of Teresa's regrets that he hadn't lived to see her graduate. He would have been so proud.

She pushed away that upsurge of melancholy and refocused on the pendant. So her father owned a hanging scroll with the exact same motif as the pendant Old Jackie gave her - how was that possible? Her father wasn't one for 'fashion' - he never bought something because it was in vogue, or just because Everyone who was Someone had one - and even though his study wasn't done up quite to Teresa's taste, it was still very tastefully decorated. In other words, he wasn't likely to own something given to him by a homeless drunk.

Unless ... and the unpleasant do-I-want-to-know-this feeling returned with this thought ... unless it Meant Something. Teresa just didn't know what.

The simplest solution would be to call her father and ask. She glanced at her watch; it was not late. She could. If she wanted.

Teresa sighed.

She knew it would continue to bug her until she found some answers - that was just the way her mind worked - and calling her father would be the quickest and most direct way to get them. (While Old Jackie had told her to go to Hong Kong, it was just a little bit far away.)

Teresa grimaced. Then she picked up her mobile and dialled her father's number.

18. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Ambrose Charles Ambrose
    Temple Bar, Dublin

Maybe someday he would see Master Miyagi again, but as he watched him leave he closed the wooden box as he headed back to his 'office'.

Once inside he quickly went about leaving messages for all the right people to let them know he was closed for business until further notice, even to go so far as change the answering machine message and write out a few letters. In all of these things he merely mentioned that due to a sudden emergency he would be unavailable for a short while.

Next he emptied what spare money he had into his wallet and secreted onto his personage before he stopped by the window looking out at the city. A right beautiful place it was, not to mention filled with the best drinks and damsels a man could ever wish for most of the time, not to mention right ole' lads. "For now it will have to do with one less." He muttered to himself.

Tucking five maps and three printouts into his inner trench coat pocket he pulled out the wooden box, and remembering what the man had said, or rather how he had said it he headed up to the roof. Once there and securely alone he pulled out the box again and using the Ki heightened his senses. First his eyes as he turned and scrutinized the box's exterier, then did so again with every other sense before opening the box and examining its inside, and dangling the Jade bookmark in the wind he moved on to scrutinizing it with all his senses.

Methodically he moved through each one, not stopping even if he found something but just making note of it before continueing the investigation of the items. Once he was finished perhaps it might yield another answer.

If not he had to bike to ride and a ferry to catch to England, a bike to ride through the tunnel to France, and then a train to catch as he headed for Hong Kong. His first large stop along the journey, why that was anyone's guess.

19. Ameteth

Ameteth Jedi Master star 1

Mar 28, 2009
    Hikari Oda

The room suddenly felt brighter, more suffused with the energy of probability, potentiality and hope.
    This was one of those times when Hikari could clearly see some of the lessons that his mother would spend hours and days inculcating.
    She had been instructing him in some lores and philosophies not generally found in your average learning institutions. Veronica Oda had recognized in her son an inquisitive nature and was guiding him in the ways that would make that nature an indispensable tool for his future; she was teaching him to ?listen to the Universe?.
    With each revelation, Hikari was quietly grasping many things and yet many more things remained hidden from his understanding.

"Well, May-Ling has accepted an invitation to the World Martial Arts Tournament, and I was wondering if she would be welcomed to train at your academy while we were in town." declared Master Lu Chan in answer to Grand Sensei Hibiki?s query.

Deans coughing fit was an interesting echo of Hikari?s thoughts.
    The young warrior felt elated to learn that the beautiful May-Ling Parker had been chosen to participate in the World Martial Arts Tournament . This seemed important for some reason, and personally it was a long awaited answer to a question that had been burning in him for many years now: Were there any Lady Dragon Warriors in this world other than his mom.
    May-Ling?s presence and status as a fellow Dragon Warrior brought a relief and a sense of understanding to Hikari, he was beginning to see some of the details and intricacies of being part of a secret society like Wuxia, in a way that he couldn?t appreciate before.
    He fantasized briefly about fighting in some epic confrontation alongside May-Ling and Dean and suddenly he was curious and excited to see her in action; ?I bet you she?s really deadly? he thought and smiled to himself.

With those thoughts in mind Hikari looks at May-Ling with appreciative eyes and gives her a congratulatory nod and a warm smile, he also does the Warrior?s sign of respect by putting his right fist against his left palm, held perpendicular and across his chest. ? Yes, Congratulations in passing the test and accepting the invitation?, he spoke with empathy and respect, aiming to show some appreciation for her trial, having passed his own test after a great deal of nerve ?wracking anxiety.

"Oh, this is very good!" The Grand Sensei declared.
    "It's good to see that Dan will have good company and fair competition."

Dean, almost on cue, started coughing again and Grand Sensei Hibiki?s hearty laughter proved contagious.

Yes, this was good, almost too good. Hikari couldn?t help but recall more of his mother?s lessons. She always said that Life was like and ocean, with currents and waves and as we navigate through it we learn ways to better survive the changes, and like good captains, we must always watch the stars and listen to the winds, using wisdom as our telescope.
    Hikari couldn?t help but feel that if this moment announced the coming together of ?good? Dragon Warriors, there would inevitably come a time, and agents, that would test that goodness. This was a Universal Axiom, and for Hikari, it seemed to hang in the background of this journey like an elusive shadow.
    In spite of his ?sobering? reflections, Hikari took comfort in the present company, inwardly reveling in the potentiality that a meeting like this brings. He felt the invisible power of the past in the form of the Dragon invitations propel the present; Master Lu Chan and Grand Sensei Hibiki, guide and help prepare a way for the future; Dean, May-Ling, Dan and himself.
    He felt sure that together they could face any challenge, no matter how severe, yet that feeling of foreboding wouldn?t leave.

Tag: Greyjedi

20. blubeast1237

blubeast1237 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 10, 2007
    Fullo Ocean
    -Greensboro, North Carolina

He cocked his head to the side, till breathing hard, than shrugged and began to walk to his car. He had just got into a fight with a girl. What was he thinking? Physically shaking his head to snap himself to the present, he opened up his car door and turned to the twins.

"Yeah, sure. What do you need to talk about?" He said over the hood then began to search for a shirt in the back of his car. He found a prospect, then realized it was dirty and smelled like sweat, not to forget the multiple holes in the fabric. He sighed and shook it outside, about to put it on, though decided against it and to go shirtless. This would not be a good thing once his boss saw him, but the catering business could get his butt saved.

Tag: Grey

21. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    May-Ling Parker

"Well, May-Ling has accepted an invitation to the World Martial Arts Tournament, and I was wondering if she would be welcomed to train at your academy while we were in town." her old Master replied to Grand Sensei Hibiki questions.

"Why, Of course!" Osamu responded immediately, obviously delighted.

"...And congratulations young lady. You've been bestowed with a great honor." The Grand Sensei said, turning to face May-Ling and gracing her with a congratulatory smile.

"Thank you, Grand Sensei Hibiki." May-Ling said politely, as she tried NOT to look at the young men. Especially the CUTE one. May-Ling felt as if she could have melted through the floor at that moment. It was almost comical. The quiet boy, who seemed to do quite a bit of coughing. The other young man, who kept staring at her.. Did that other boy just wink at the other man? Suddenly, she noticed the other boy looking towards her, as he smiled politely and mouthed at her with big rounded gestures since he did not want to speak over the two Masters; "Hi, I'm Dean, nice to meet you."

The first boy she noticed, gives her a congratulatory nod and a warm smile, he also does the Warrior?s sign of respect by putting his right fist against his left palm, held perpendicular and across his chest. "Yes, Congratulations in passing the test and accepting the invitation".

May-Ling gave a brilliant smile to the two younger men, and a quick nod. Course, it did make her wonder if the other men were also in the tournament.

"It seems you will be seeing young Hikari Oda at the Tournament as well, since he is also participating."

Dean glanced at May-Ling and found himself coughing suddenly. His tea had gone down the wrong way.

"*Cough* Cough* Uhm...*cough* I'm sorry....*cough*, no...I'm Ok. really...."

It took a moment for Sean to recover his composure and clear his throat. All were silent and looking at him.

"Uhm.... Congratulations." He managed to say to May-Ling and even smiled. Dean raised his cup to her and took a sip. "Ahhh.... good tea." Mayli was trying not to giggle.

"Well, Congratulations to you Hikari. You bring your family honor." Master Lu Chan put in and raised his cup to Hikari.

"Oh, this is very good!" The Grand Sensei declared. "More Tea." He called out, and immediately servers came out to refill their cups.

So, there were more like her, May-Ling thought to herself, as she sipped on her cup of tea. This tournament might be more difficult than she originally imagined, but it sounded like it was intriguing as well. Like the trip here, it was so far, one very grand adventure. Well, at least if she did manage to practice here for a bit, she would be able to see what some of the other fighters had, and what to look out for.

Mayli took another sip of her tea. Yes, this was becoming quite interesting. She wondered suddenly if her master had set this up to, somehow. She had a slight smile on her face, as she drank her tea in silence. She wiggled a tiny bit. After sitting on the plan for so long, she was wanting to do some stretched, or sparing or something, just to be out of the sitting position.

TAG:Ameteth, GreyJedi

22. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Raven Topeni
    Topeni Dojo Brooklyn, NY

At first glance, the scene inside the Topeni Dojo would seem surreal to any spectator who was not familiar with the ways of the warrior. The silence that shrouded the main training room could be said to be deafening, except for the sounds of martial combat. Grunts, parries, the sound of a striking fist or foot. These were the only sounds that could be heard.

Master Topani was completely enthralled as he silently watched his daughter, Raven spar against Master Wei. He knew his daughter was talented,very talented... so why was he feeling so nervous. So enthralled was he, that he did not notice his son and his new girlfriend walk in and become just as enthralled by what they were witnessing.

Raven had been kicking Master wei into a corner, when suddenly he moved in and caught her kicking leg in his hands. The impact resounded and echoed through the dojo, but the martial arts master continued on unflinchingly as he twisted Raven's leg. Hard! The spectators winced, fully expecting Raven to go down, but then, they were both amazed and surprised by what Raven did next.

Unbeknownst to them, Raven decided not to fight the twist and go with the flow of it. Her body started to twist around and Raven swung her arms to give her momentum so that her free leg would twist right around and kick Master Wei in his head.

Master Wei was forced to block Raven's revolving kick to his head, which he did by raising his an arm with swift fluidity, but in doing so, he had to let go the leg he had been holding.

There was a lound smacking sound as Raven's foot hit Master Wei's forearm. The martial arts master struck out swiftly with his free hand as he tried to grab hold of Raven's retreating pant leg, and missed by a hair.

Master Wei gave a small smile and Master Topeni could almost see what was coming next as Master Wei chambered his leading arm for a split second and rotated his palm as Raven found her footing and attacked at that moment. Raven had been on the offensive a moment ago, and now it was his turn.

Master Wei stepped in with a side thrusting Buddah's palm to Raven's midsection. His stance was deep, so it would ensure that the blow moved her center by at least a meter and send her sprawling....if it connected.

How Master Wei tried not to smile, but there was no use for it. He was enjoying this. Within himself, he already got the answer he was seeking. It was only a matter of time before he shared it.

Tag: Jedi_Teegirloo

Home, London, UK

The phone rang for several moments in Teresa's ear. It was the only sound that existed for her at the moment, for no other sound intruded upon her. The ringing almost seemed surreal and for a memonet it was though it would go on forever.

When was the last time she had spoken to her father?

No, no distractions now. That was a question for another time.

A familiar sound came then, drawing her back to the moment. Someone was speaking to her. Oh! the ringing had stopped and the phone call had been answered.

"Hello,Teresa! Teresa? is it you? ...is everything alright?"

Her father's voice came through clearly and audibly through her mobile.

The moment was finally here. Teresa would either gather the courage and finally aske her questions, or forever hold her peace.

Tag: Darthxan318

Ambrose Charles Ambrose
    Hong Kong International Airport

The evening skies were crisp and clear and the beauty of Victoria Harbor glittered all around. The airline jet was taxiing into the terminal and Ambrose had a moment to appreciate the nuances of his journey thus far. It had taken him a while to figure it out, well, more accurately, it took a tight situation to give him a clue that the invitation, when presented to certain individuals under the corrcet circumstances, guaranteed safe and free

23. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Ambrose Charles Ambrose
    Hong Kong International Airport

To find out that he probably could have saved himself a good bit of cash from the start of his travels was a nice surprise. One he wished the old man had had the decincy to have told him about before leaving him to this adventure.

But here he was in Hong Kong International Airport, alot sooner than he had anticipated, and if the travelers charm of his pass was accepted here by others then the airlines he just might be off to a good start.

Casting about him he soon found one of those standing maps with the red dot of 'you are here' marked on them, from that and the thankful practice of using pictographs as well as words he was able to locate the carservice and information booths.

First stop. Information Booth, now as far as he had been able to figure on the plane he could either head out and search from the nearest village for where he was supposed to go, but that didn't fit with the first test of his journey being Hong Kong. So he would need to go into the city, which limited his options. Meaning rather should he search for a local hotel, monestary, or dojo, the last two by if they had the symble by their establishments. Which he avidly searched for in the maps, pamplets, and city establishment guides after looking for a moment at the invitation at the booth before replacing it in his trenchcoats zipped and buttoned inner pocket.

24. Teegirloo

May 26, 2005
    Raven Topeni
    Topeni Dojo Brooklyn, NY

Raven didn't even notice that the spectators grew by two. Her brother and his new girlfriend were watching along with her father as Master Wei twisted Raven's leg. They winced at the move that could have injured Raven so easily. Unbeknownst to them, Raven decided not to fight the twist and go with the flow of it.

Her body started to twist around and Raven swung her arms to give her momentum so that her free leg would twist right around and kick Master Wei in his head. The kick would either hit him in the head or he would block it. If it was the latter than he would have to let go of her leg. Either way Raven had the advantage though from appearance it wouldn't have seemed like it.

Master Wei was forced to block Raven's revolving kick to his head, which he did by raising his an arm with swift fluidity, but in doing so, he had to let go the leg he had been holding.

There was a loud smacking noise from the impact of Raven's leg hitting Master Wei's forearm. Her other leg was now free and Raven was able to barely miss her other leg being caught.

Raven knew that just because she had both feet in her control that this fight was far from over. The martial arts master was by far the toughest opponent that Raven has ever faced. Sweat was now pouring down her face, but she didn't care for she kept her focus as she regained her composure.

There was no stopping to rest, because Master Wei was now on the offensive and she had to prepare herself. She knew what Master Wei was doing after seeing him chamber his leading arm for a split second and rotated his palm. She remembered her father telling her about the Buddha's Palm technique at a tournament long ago. It was quite powerful if it connected.

He was coming with a deep stance and a side thrusting Buddah's palm to Raven's midsection. Raven reacted quickly for she knew that if she didn't the martial arts master would have sent her wheeling to the floor.

Lucky for Raven that she was able to get in a good defensive stance that allowed her to rotate her arm inward so that any blow that should come in would be blocked and batted away with her fore arm, preventing a break from the strike, including a grab. While one arm is in motion for the block, the other is ready to attack the open mid section that should be available if all goes to according to plan.

TAG: Grey Jedi

25. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    May-Ling Paker

The mood was light and amicable within the reception room where Hikari, Dean, May-Ling and Masters Lu Chan and Osamu took a moment to get acquainted while sipping on some relaxing tea. As May-Ling was taking a sip of her tea, she heard Master Lu Chan speak.

"Pardon my forwardness Grand Sensei..." Master Lu Chan began as he addressed himself to Grand Master Hibiki, "...but, would you mind if we took a tour of your fine Academy? Your training areas in particular?" Now it was May-Ling's turn to politely cough into her tea. He must have seen her fidgeting. She have a soft sigh, as she berated herself, on not having better control. She was amused however of the Grand Sensei's response.

The Grand Sensei smacked his own knee and gave a short laugh. "It's no trouble at all..." he said in response and began to rise from his seat. He turned half way to look at both Hikari and Dean.

"You both are welcome to come along. In fact, I insisit."

May-Ling wanted to groan. Last thing she wanted was an audience. Especially if they were in the tournament as well. Oh well, not like she had much say in the matter. She rose with just a subtle shift in movement.

"We'd be honored." Dean put in quickly, answering for both himself and Hikari. Dean turned his head and gave his friend an innocent smile. May-Ling decided it was not a total lost. The cute one was going to follow along too. Oh well.

"Good. Then it's decided. Let us be on our way." The Grand Sensei declared. With that, the small party of five walked to the main elevator. May-Ling took her time to look around the grand establishment. It was quite a different affair, than the one her old Master had. She was rather glad that her old Master was much more smaller in his surroundings. She wondered how her new master would be. Her current train of thought was interrupted when they came to a room.

The room was indeed large. It was a well balanced combination of mirrored studio, gymnasium and training ground. There were many students in their Academy gi's already partaking of the day's training program. May-Ling looked around, rather impressed with the facility. No heavy training here...far too much to damage. The mirrors alone would be a pain. But for an innocent stretch, it was more than perfect. The Grand Master spoke once more.

"So, Master Lu Chan. Where would you like to begin?"

"Hmmm....." May-Ling turned her head as she heard Master Chan. May-Ling's former master paused in thought as he stroked his chin, then turned to her. "Well, May-Ling. Why don't you choose what we should do next?" he asked her, with an unmistakable glint in his eyes.

May-Ling gave a wide smile. Oh, he was being a bit cheeky today! Perhaps because they were within another's dojo. May-Ling gave another look around the room, and noticed that some of the other students seemed to have stopped their practice, and was now staring at them. At HER. Wonderful. She chuckled softly, as she turned back to Master Lu Chan and the Grand Sensei Hibiki.

"Well Master, it was such a long flight in such a cramped space, I would be very happy just to simply stretch out a bit, and .." May-Ling had her own glint in her eyes, " ... Try out the room." She then looked over towards the Grand Master. "With your permission, of course." she added with a grand smile.

Later on, she would love to talk to Master Chan about her NEW Master, and when they might run into him. He had to be here someplace.

Tag: Ameteth, GreyJedi

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.