main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Thriller Dragon Warriors: Bloodlines

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by greyjedi125, Mar 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Ambrose Charles Ambrose
    Victoria Harbour, Hong Kong, Side-street bookstore

"Why thankee!" he smiled at the man, this furtive stop was just getting better and better. Graciously he accepted the offer of seat and cup of tea, though it seemed much weaker than he had been used to at home these past years he still gave a small smile of appreciation.

"Ta' be quiet honest it wasn't even what I hoped fer'. But I'll gladly take it. Ya' see, I been travelin' a long way's from home, and as fer' how I read your sign, well I knew a Mister Miagi, and ta' destination...I was kind'a hopen you could help with that."

With that opened his trenchcoat as he set down the cup of tea before pulling out the wooden box and dangling the jade book mark in the air, "Although the first step was sleepin' and tomorrows was how to be gettin' to the mainland. But ain't against mixing some of the early steps up for yur convenience." With a bit of a grin he looked at the man before him and waited to see how he react.

TAG: Grey,

2. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    DRAGON WARRIORS:BLOODLINES; ACTIVE PLAYERS LIST.

*Players who have posted within the last 4 weeks are considered active

In alphabetical order

Ameteth - Hikari Oda

blubeast1237 - Fullo Ocean

DarthXan318 - Teresa Starkos

Ktala - May-Ling Parker

Mitth_Fisto - Ambrose Charles Ambrose

Trimaj - Fiona O'Hara

RETURNING TO THE GAME

Despised1 - Vajra Pani

INACTIVE STATUS *has not posted in over 4 weeks

Darth_Elu (Co-GM)

Mandeillord - Itzhak Peled

Shadowleonheart - Michael Lorado

Spacelady - Kamiko Takahashi

NO LONGER IN THE GAME *(Reasons may vary)

Note: Characters may become NPCs

darthramza - Ronald Gespenst (honorable exit)

Darth_Joesha - Maya Yubari

LordPullus - Darius S. Carter

TheManinBlack - Shinji Anno

Saintheart - Kensu Chang

Please forward all questions, comments and concerns to the GM's PM Box

[b]Teresa Starkos[/b]
    [i]The Journey Begins...[/i]

[color=blue]The young doctor had made up her mind. She was going to [b]Hong Kong[/b], and further more, she was going to do her darned best to unveil the mystery of these symbols and their relationship to her family. Her father thought it best to keep her in the dark, well, that certainly did not turn out as well as he'd planned.

All in all, [b]Teresa[/b] found the long flight from London to Hong Kong not entirely unpleasant, though it did seem to take forever. Arriving at Hong Kong's International Airport proved to be a daunting experience, but Teresa was not one to be deterred, especially not after she'd set her mind on a particular goal.

Like any International Port, Tourism was big business, so Teresa had no real problem getting herself situated in a hotel that she could afford. Having the prerequisite guides, phrase books and tourist maps, did seem to allay the pressures of suddenly being in an unfamiliar land.

Evening had finally come to [b]Victoria Harbor[/b] and the wondrous city lights dominated the cityscape. It was just like Broadway, but just much BIGGER!

Funny how despite being jet-lagged, the sense of a beginning adventure could prove galvanizing. So, now Teresa was free to rest, dine or pursue any option that came to mind. She was recently arrived in the big city, and the night was young.[/color]

[b]Tag: DarthXan318[/b]

[b]Raven Topeni & Sensei Aalok Topeni[/b]
    [i]Undertaking the Journey of a lifetime...[/i]

[color=blue]It was all settled to satisfaction. [b]Raven's[/b] brothers would take care of running the [b]Topeni Dojo[/b] while she and her father were away at the [b]World Martial Arts Tournament[/b]. 'Don't come back without a trophy', one of her brothers managed to joke. The general mood was celebratory as more and more people came to say good-bye to Raven and wish her good luck. A lot more people than the few originally expected were in attendance. Apparently someone had been busy 'bragging' about Raven's recent accomplishment.

Either way, the very next morning the pair was off to JFK International Airport, where they boarded a plane which took them to [b]Hong Kong[/b] after a lay-over in [b]Hawaii[/b]. Travelling half-way across the globe was certainly a taxing endeavour, especially after 18 hrs of flight time.

"Lord of Mercy!! Thank you!Land. Finally!! Beautiful land!!" Raven's father exclaimed with clear exuberance despite his exhaustion. " I think I can die now..." he said half-jokingly as they recovered their luggage amidst a multitude of other passengers. "I'd forgotten that travel could be this draining... UGH!"

But as usual, Sensei Topeni refused to give into the weight of his circumstances and somehow found a second wind. Summoning new vigor from some long forgotten reserve, the Martial Arts Sensei hefted their luggage with seeming ease.

"Alright. Let's find a taxi to take us to the Hotel. I need some real food."

At the mention of

3. blubeast1237

blubeast1237 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 10, 2007
    Fullo Ocean
    -Greensboro, North Carolina

He stood up and eased himself out. Talking to Harold right now might not be the best way to continue living, so he just closed the door quietly as he walked out. Fullo saw that Carol was writing something down away from the counter and since she was alone, maybe this was the best time to ask her.

"Carol, hey, um...am I off now? I mean, my shift is over and when do you get off? The catering gig tomorrow is going on and the customers wanted me to stop by tonight. You want to come?"

He remembered the fighting that had gone on and tried to imagine what they could possibly want with him. Maybe they wanted him to fight in some underground fight club in Asia. Or what if they wanted him as a bodyguard? No, that was stupid. He had seen the guy pick up the giant samoa on is back and the girl could fight, like really fight, so they definitely would not be needing any protectors. He shook his head as he came back to the present and, while waiting for Carol to answer, began trying to understand the iPhone.

He looked for the contacts list. Hopefully, they had left their number in the contacts since they had given him the phone.

Tag: Grey

4. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    IC: Teresa Starkos
    Hong Kong

Teresa's righteous indignation carried her all the way to Hong Kong. Immigration, customs, security, queues, delays - ordinarily all the little annoyances of international travel would give her fits, but today she suffered through them with only cursory attention. Today, her mind was on other things - her father, Old Jackie (or, as Teresa supposed his real name was, Master Jackie Cheung), the little wooden box in her purse ...

She dozed fitfully in the plane.

At long last, she arrived at her destination. Navigating the technicalities of arriving in a foreign land was a little more troublesome than the flight had been, but in short order - and with the help of a helpful information desk attendant and a Cantonese phrasebook - Teresa managed to book herself into a reasonably-priced hotel on Hong Kong Island itself. She unpacked her small suitcase, took a shower to wash off the grime of travel, and ...

Well, and began to feel a little foolish for travelling across the globe on a word and a whim.

What was she doing here, really? Go to Hong Kong and then to the mainland, Old Jackie had said - but Hong Kong was a rather large place, and now that she was here Teresa had no idea what to do next. (Nor did she have any clue why she couldn't just travel to said mainland, but she supposed mainland China was considerably larger than Hong Kong.)

It would have been nice of this invitation included an address. Or at least a number she could call.

Though Teresa had the sneaking suspicion that that had been a deliberate omission. Undoubtedly she had to go on some quest to prove her worthiness or some such nonsense and the first test was to figure out what the quest was, just like in those movies.

That didn't make her feel any better.

If you don't know what to do, one of her teachers had been fond of saying, do something. Delay kills more patients than anything else. She might not know what to do or where to go, but she wouldn't find any answers from the inside of her hotel room.

Teresa sighed and got up. Well then. Maybe she would get some food - the tourist map had indicated some decent restaurants not too far from here. And after that ... well ... the night was young, and she was in Hong Kong, at the beautiful Victoria Harbour. She would find something to do.

TAG: Grey

5. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Ambrose Charles Ambrose

Sitting there quietly he awaited to hear the man's reactions as he stared at the bookmark/world tournament pass. When he finally did he couldn't help himself.

"A-mahno Miyagi..." he repeated quietly, half to himself as he finally got the rest of the man's name, and in part to the shop owner as a confermation.

Listening once more he returned the nod he was given, but really to say that it was the only way he could of gotten into the tournement was just too much. If wasn't for the man's generous offer to help him, why he would've given him a piece of his mind!

"Thanke' sir. I wouldn' want to be bein' any problem." taking another sip of the watery tea, it finally felt like it would hit the fan as his Irish blood finally reached a boil within his veins.

"But if I ha' wanted to even' do dis' thing I woulda' found a way even without ta' Mister Miyagi! If there be one thing my bloods good fer' it's a sticken' to what I be wantin' to do, and then by George I do it." snapping his trenchcoat he leaning back in his chair before reattaining his cup to drink some more of the weak tea.

He fully intended to take up the offer of help, and maybe do a bit of meditation and iron body with Ki practice before falling asleep to prepare for another big day, but he couldn't let that one slide. Even if there was a compliment attached soon after.

6. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    May-Ling Parker
    Reiken Arena, Hong Kong

May-Ling listened carefully, as the receptionists from the center began to explain things. Ling Li was the female and Hwang was the male. They were both speaking to Dean, Hikari, May-Ling and Master Lu Chang as a group. A large digital screen appeared behind them as they began to explain things.

"As you may know, one can only become a member of the Reiken Arena by invitation or recommendation, and I'm glad to say that you are all quite highly recommended." Ling Li informed the small group as she gave them a charming smile. Wow. They were highly recommended. Mayli smiled at that bit of news.

"For now you are considered visitors, as your are the honored guests of Grand Sensei Hibiki. Unfortunately, this means you have limited access to our programs." Hwang told them. "However, to become an official member is quite easy, All you need to do to register is simple." Ling Li interjected cheerfully. With her right hand, Ling Li gestured smoothly towards a small round platform, no bigger than 2 meters in diameter.

"That is our Combat Analysis Machine. It is an essential part of the Arena. Putting it simply, the machine acquires a detailed scan of your bio and neuro systems and records their functions and efficiency levels. This is an invaluable aid for tracking your training progress and growth as well as your combat proficiency. All Reiken arena members have a Proficiency Profile, and that information is highly confidential and under the very best protection the latest technology can provide."

Now things were really getting interesting to May-Ling. So much massive technology, to scan and keep up with their personal umm, functions. Bio neruo this and that. More than once, she was reminding herself to close her jaw, looking at all the technology. She wished she had a tenth of it back at home.

"Of course, there is no obligation to join..." Hwang put in smoothly. Why wouldnt you WANT to? she wondered to herself. Unless having your info put someplace that might be ... stolen. But with all of the security, she hightly doubted.

They talked about viewing certain classes as guest, and that they could view more if they were members. It did peek her interest that Hibiki's class was once on Ki-Deflection. Maybe she DID want to check that class after all.

She listened to the breakdown of the programs, but it was all so very much for her, she felt as if her head would simply swim, with all the new knowledge. It was nice to see that they thought that they were all at least professional level. She was silent, as she listened to the rest of the speel, wondering what to pick. She perked up, when she listened to them speak about Grand Sensei's class.

"To take Grand Sensei Hibiki's class, you'd have to be a registered Professional, who's selected Combat Training Program and has chosen a Ki-Defense Combat training class, specifically Grand Sensei Hibiki's. Likewise, there are many sparring classes to choose from, which you'll find under combat training, which as you can imagine, is our most popular curriculum. You could choose basic hand to hand, weapons, ki, or any combination."

Wow. She could imagine. Then again, she didnt know if she wanted to spar with anyone so close to the time of the tournament. Just watching would show her much. Some warm ups of course, were ALWAYS welcomed This was just simply far too much to take in, so she stayed silent, and listened.

Dean raised his hand and Hwang nodded, allowing his say. "I'll be taking Grand Sensei Hibiki's class. I shall be participating."

"Will that be as a guest or as a registered member?" Hwang inquired.

"You know what? That's actually a very good question...." Dean said, now scratching his chin and turning to look at Hikari.

"Any suggestions of what would be useful?" May-Ling asked Master Lu Chan after the long explanation.

"Yes." He answered, then added. "I have an idea." His eyes lingered on May-Ling before he looked up towards Hwang. Oh my. What

7. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    Raven Topeni
    Enroute to Hong Kong

It became a party, though Raven never expected it to become one. She just wanted her family there to celebrate her entry in the World Martial Arts Tournament. Somehow more people showed up. If she had to guess who opened their mouth and started bragging to people, she would have to say her father was the culprit. He was never one to keep a secret., especially if it had to do with an accomplishment of one of his children, particularly Raven. It was a long night of fun and goodbyes. Raven just wanted to get some sleep. It was hard because thoughts swam through her mind like tropical fish in an ocean. She knew she would regret it if she didn?t sleep.

Four hours later the alarm went off. It was time for her to get up. Forcing herself to move out of the bed Raven made her way to the shower then afterwards proceeded to get dressed. She heard a knock on the door and it was her father, while her brother was outside in the car waiting to drop them off at JFK International Airport.

They boarded a plane which took them to Hong Kong after a lay-over in Hawaii. Raven slept off and on, but the turbulence was a bit rough, which made her lack of sleep worse. The fact that it was an eighteen hour trip didn?t help either. Raven couldn?t wait till she was in the hotel. All she wanted was a goodnights sleep. Heck maybe she will sleep a week the way she feels.

The plane finally landed and Raven didn?t have the energy to be as excited as her father apparently was for being back on the ground.

"Lord of Mercy!! Thank you!Land. Finally!! Beautiful land!!" Raven's father exclaimed with clear exuberance despite his exhaustion. " I think I can die now..." he said half-jokingly as they recovered their luggage amidst a multitude of other passengers. "I'd forgotten that travel could be this draining... UGH!"

She gave a tired smile at him as he somehow gathered up extra energy that she wished she had. "Alright. Let's find a taxi to take us to the Hotel. I need some real food."

At the mention of food, his stomach rumbled in response, almost as if expecting to be fed on the spot. "Calm down you..." Raven's father said as he rebuked his stomach, then chuckled at himself.

"Let's go."

Raven didn?t have a chance to protest. She was completely wiped out but she was also hungry. She decided to go along with her father, watching act like a child bouncing off the wall after eating sugar. They didn?t have to wait to get checked in thanks to her father?s impatience. Her room was across from his in Room 809. The room was quite nice. It had a bar and bathtub jacuuzi and most importantly a large king size bed that Raven couldn?t wait to fall down on. Food was first as she finally finished unpacking and went out to meet her dad.

TAG: GreyJedi

OOC: I wasn't mentioned in the active list, but most importantly I had an update.:p

8. Ameteth

Ameteth Jedi Master star 1

Mar 28, 2009
    Hikari Oda
    Reiken Arena, Hong Kong

?Your Destiny starts with the first step??

Hikari was finding it increasingly difficult to keep the awestruck look from his face; everything about the Reiken Arena and its facilities was beyond anything in his wildest expectations.
    The technology seemed to match and perhaps exceed anything he has seen so far or read about in any of the many technology oriented sites he subscribed to.

By this point both receptionists introduced themselves, Ling Li was the female and Hwang was the male. They were both speaking to Dean, Hikari, May-Ling and Master Lu Chang as a group. A large digital screen appeared behind them as they began to explain things.
    Hikari tried to notice if the screen was artfully suspended by hidden means or if it was a holographic projection, but he was more interested in what was being said.

"As you may know, one can only become a member of the Reiken Arena by invitation or recommendation, and I'm glad to say that you are all quite highly recommended." Ling Li informed the small group as she gave them a charming smile.
    ?Highly recommended?? hearing this made a great impression on the young Oda. Undoubtedly the recommendation had come from Grand Sensei Hibiki himself, using his position and influence to ease this step of the process. Hikari couldn?t help but feel honor bound to Grand Sensei Hibiki for his continued show of selfless generosity. Fully aware that he was now on a path were his decisions would affect the rest of his life, Hikari was willing to trust his instincts and innate sense of direction, he also made a mental note to have a serious session with his father, one of those ?tell me everything you know? kinds.

"For now you are considered visitors, as your are the honored guests of Grand Sensei Hibiki. Unfortunately, this means you have limited access to our programs." Hwang began to explain.

?Limited access?? I wonder how?? the metal query was automatic as he listened.

"However, to become an official member is quite easy." Ling Li interjected cheerfully. "All you need to do to register is simple." With her right hand, Ling Li gestured smoothly towards a small round platform, no bigger than 2 meters in diameter.

Hikari?s eyes were immediately riveted to this new item, his awestruck expression slowly creeping back to his face, like some archeologist who has found Atlantis and has been dwarfed by it?s magnificence.

"That is our Combat Analysis Machine. It is an essential part of the Arena. Putting it simply, the machine acquires a detailed scan of your bio and neuro systems and records their functions and efficiency levels. This is an invaluable aid for tracking your training progress and growth as well as your combat proficiency. All Reiken arena members have a Proficiency Profile, and that information is highly confidential and under the very best protection the latest technology can provide."

With this new information, Hikari?s countenance became quite pensive. This was a very serious proposition.
    The information that this machine gathered was as intimate as a retina scan, fingerprint or DNA sample. Hikari understood that these readings could be used to track a person globally with pinpoint accuracy and with great ease. What about impersonation?
    In a flash, Hikari had to consider the ramifications of undergoing such a scan and the level of trust he would be giving to this organization.
    He wasn?t sure if his own father was a member or his personal opinion about the organization or the procedure.
    Would this be considered a breach of security? Or was this a test of trust? Where was the line where his personal actions did not involve the family name, was there such a line at all?
    The fact that Grand Sensei Hibiki was a member was definitely a good sign and it supported a positive decision.

Suddenly Hikari's PDA beeped softly as it once again gained access to the web.
    Hikari recognized the soft beep as the ?all systems green? beep, meaning that all was well with the home base securit

9. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    DRAGON WARRIORS:BLOODLINES; ACTIVE PLAYERS LIST.

*Players who have posted within the last 4 weeks are considered active.

In alphabetical order

Ameteth - Hikari Oda

blubeast1237 - Fullo Ocean

DarthXan318 - Teresa Starkos

Jedi_Teegirloo - Raven Topeni

Ktala - May-Ling Parker

Mitth_Fisto - Ambrose Charles Ambrose

Trimaj - Fiona O'Hara

GM's Note: Re-posted with my deepest apologies to Jedi_Teegirloo for that most embarrassing omission of mine. No more sleepy updates!! [face_frustrated] :p I-)

10. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    May-Ling Parker
    Reiken Arena, Hong Kong

May-Ling had just finished speaking with Master Lu chan, when she noticed the cute one.. Hikari is looking toward them.

After a moment Hikari bows deeply to Master Lu Chan and says, "Thank you Master Lu Chan, for the lesson and your great wisdom, your actions have been most illuminating." He finishes with a smile. May-Ling eyes twinkle, as she gently give a nudge to her former Master.

"Illuminating." she whispers softly, as she grins up at Master Lu Chan. She was trying hard not to snicker, as she smiles happily, giving him a wink. She notices that Hikari is grinning sheepishly, as he bows as a gentleman would before a lady and waves her to proceed before him "Ladies first.../i] He chuckles to himself.

Now it's Mayli's turn to keep her cheeks from blushing, as she feels them grow warm... and it didnt help that Master Lu Chan was now smiling at her.

"Um...Thanks." she said with a smile, as she edges her way towards the machine. It was obvious, that they were both very curious about the machine, and what secrets it might reveal about the both of them.

May-Ling had a feeling this tournament would be quite an eye opener for her life.

Tag: Ameteth, Greyjedi

11. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    GM's Note:Despised1 has graciously bowed out of the game. Lets wish him the best in his future endeavors. :-B

12. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    This (massive) combine is brought to you by Trimaj and greyjedi125. Please Enjoy!

Tears and pain are Fiona's entire world for the moment. Why it hurts that people have never really shown any love towards her, only that she was an inconvenience in most cases, is decidedly beyond her. But now she doesn't even have that familiarity to fall back on. So she cries, mourns what has been lost even though it was something she barely valued when she had it. Loss is the best teacher of how to value something, even when it's something impossible to get back.

Ever so slowly the world expanded again to include things beyond pain and hurt feelings. It still took several moments for Fiona's eyes to focus through the tears, but she saw someone kneeling in front of her... which could only be White Lotus in those clothes. Maybe it shouldn't have been a surprise, given what the other woman was doing to help her as it was, but Fiona honestly didn't expect an off of help at the moment. From anyone, really. Why should you when your parents have completely severed all ties?

Blinking again to clear her eyes more, tears still leaking from their corners, "I..." Fiona shook her head. Everything was so jumbled. "Did I do the wrong things?" It sounded almost like a little girl, her voice was small, broken. There was almost no trace of the confidence that had once been there, even if it had always been a mask. What she wanted, needed, was to be held, but given that White Lotus and her were still practically strangers...

"I wonder if your father is asking himself that same question..." White Lotus said, speaking softly. "Perhaps your mother is thinking something similar..." she mused, then reached out and gently grasped Fiona's hand.

"When you follow your heart, that is always the right thing." The High Priestess said to her charge, for that's what Fiona had become. "Sometimes the right decisions are the hardest to make, but the results.... are beyond compare, even if you cannot see them at the moment."

White Lotus waited a moment, allowing Fiona to continue to work through her grief.

"An elephant that has been shackled to a post since it was a cub is held fast by the same tether and post that held it physically as a child, but could not do so as an adult, because it believes that it can. Free the elephant and he might linger to the same post, confused. But once it realizes what has taken places and that it has been set free, no post... no tether, will ever hold it captive again."

Silence followed White Lotus' little anecdote as she wondered if Fiona understood what she was trying to tell her.

Fiona did get what White Lotus was saying, and was exceedingly grateful for the hand holding. But being set free in a way such as that... Well, it hurt. A lot. Odds were that was something the other woman had never felt. It was something most people never felt, as they were wanted to some degree. Most accidents became loved, and accepted members of a family. Fiona never had. Oh, it was still her family, and she knew she was part of something. That was what made this so difficult. What was she a part of now? Being set adrift like this was not only painful but confusing. "Did you know I was an accident? A perpetually unwanted accident." It was something she had never told anyone else. But it was something that had been hammered into HER for years. "I never learned how to deal with that." Closing her eyes again, she breathed in deeply, held it for a moment, and exhaled. None of the pain went with it, sadly.
    Looking up at White Lotus again, "I get that I'm free now. Completely free, unlike before. But... Where do I belong now?" That was the question she kept drawing a blank on.

White Lotus nodded at Fiona in deep understanding.

"There was once a beautiful little girl that lived in a humble village. She was happy and content. Her parents were humble farmers and she was adored by them, since she was their only child - for her mother was a sickly woman and could not afford to bare another child. Now, this girl was

13. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    Raven Topeni
    Mandarin Hotel, Hong Kong

Raven and her father were waiting for the elevator to take them to the lobby. It had been a long flight and she was not only tired, but extremely hungry. The chime of the elevator chimed as the doors opened up. There was only one other person in the elevator. A medium sized female with long blond hair that was tied up.

Raven gave a soft polite smile toward the stranger as she entered the elevator. They were completely quiet, which was quite surprising since her dad was normally anything but quiet. Still he was on his best behavior, it was a relief for Raven since she knew her dad could be a bit embarrassing in front of people.

The elevator bell chimed, indicating that they had reached the lobby, then the elevator doors parted as they slid open...only to reveal a small throng of teens. The gathered youth consisted of both boys and girls, but mostly girls, who collectively rushed forward as soon as they had laid eyes on them, consequently trapping them against the closing elevator doors.

"What in the world!!??" her father exclaimed aloud.

"Raven! Raven!! Oh, my god, it IS her! Raven!!

Raven?s eyes widened with surprise. She had no idea what was going on. How did they know her name and why were the teens suddenly mobbing them like she was someone famous?

The teens surged toward them making it very uncomfortable as they were now against the closed doors of the elevator. It also appeared that the blonde young woman was trapped as well.

"Please sign my book!" One teen girl asked. "Could I have your autograph?" another one inquired anxiously. Someone had a poster sized picture of Raven in the middle of a fantastic dance routine, stage lights beaming behind her as she moved to a beat. And that's when it clicked together. At least for Raven.

At once the scene in the poster was recognizable to her. The picture had been taken during a performance on a Michael Jackson video. It was one of her better performances as dancer, which seemed to be inspired principally by her proximity to the King of Pop.

"We loved you on the video, you were awesome!!" someone said, two rows behind. Many voices cried out in agreement.

Raven smiled as she finally realized why the sudden frenzy. She grinned as she thanked them for their support. Using pens that her fans had given her she signed notebooks, posters and anything they had that they wanted her to sign.

She had some brush with fame back home but nothing to this caliber. She knew that Michael Jackson was the one who deserved all the credit. She was just a dancer and though she was able to dance with him. He was the star, not her. Still she was humbled by the admiration. Who knew that appearing in videos with famous people would actually create fans for her.

Raven looked up at her father who was beaming with pride. Then she glanced next to him and noticed the young blonde lady was still trapped unable to get out of all the hoopla. The poor woman, Raven thought as she continued to sign autographs.

?I?m so sorry, you were caught up in this. I hope you are ok. I know this can be daunting especially if you are not used to it.?

Raven said graciously toward the woman. She meant every word for Raven herself wasn?t sure if she could get used to such fame.

Just then it seemed as if the crowd grew and the sound of her name was being shouted in much more velocity through the lobby. Raven was unaware that hotel security came to check out the disturbance.

TAG: Xan, GreyJedi

OOC: Lol, my five minutes of fame.[face_laugh]

14. Ameteth

Ameteth Jedi Master star 1

Mar 28, 2009
    Hikari Oda
    Reiken Arena, Hong Kong

? Real Greatness does not require advertisement??

Hikari was beginning to understand why the ?Elders? never did much talking, the Universe offered just too much to contemplate and grasp, thank goodness contemplation didn?t fatigue the body?initially.

Standing here in the Legendary Reiken Arena was a monumental achievement of a lifetime for any martial artist, so the sense that something special was going on permeated every step of this journey and made the ultimate destination, The World Martial Arts Tournament , and even more important and grandiose goal that it had been on the onset.

Hikari couldn?t help the feeling that all this was in preparation for something of great importance, that all that he knew of the World of Wuxia and Dragon Warriors was going to change from childhood fables and never ending competitions to something more?something more pivotal, all this technology and secrecy pointed to a more serious conclusion?but the conclusion was escaping him at the moment.

Standing there behind May-Ling Parker, his contemplation became side tracked as he took a quick glimpse of her hair. The beautiful black strands shone as if made of black glass or black onyx and the silvery white luster was in great contrast with the jet black of her hair; it was such a natural harmony. Even her curious spiky hair adornments seemed to lend character or personality to May-Ling. He was curious about her choice of adornment because it was so different and seemed to have a story behind it.

He was almost startled by Hwang?s voice.
    "Please stop fidgeting young, sir." Hwang said as he looked up from his console at Dean who was now standing in the round platform of the Combat Analysis Machine. Dean's excitement was obviously getting the best of him. Hwang shook his head in amusement and waited patiently.

Hikari?s head snapped up with interest and his attention became focused on what was going on with his friend Dean and the wonderful Chi-reading machine.

"Ok, ok...three breaths, right?" Dean inquired anxiously as he attempted to bring himself under control and under a serene state.

Hwang nodded. "As if you were about to enter meditation.." he instructed.

"Meditation. Right."

That's all Dean needed. With that bit of direction, he closed his eyes and immediately his vitals leveled off.

"Excellent." Hwang announced, and before Dean knew it, he hit the 'scan' command.

Blue light enveloped the young Law, and before he knew it, his 'combat data' and proficiency profile were recorded.

"Congratulations." Hwang announced happily.

"Woo Hoo!!" Dean exclaimed as he came rushing to the reception desk, where he proudly received his Reiken Arena membership card. There was no way he was about to contain the cheesy smile that had taken over his entire face as he turned to face both Hikari and May-Ling.

Hikari couldn?t help but smile back; he was feeling the same excitement and possibly a few butterflies too.

It was May-Ling?s turn now to get scanned and he gave her huge reassuring smile and the thumbs up. The gesture, meant to cheer on May-Ling was also helping him control his butterflies, since he didn?t want to appear nervous.

As he watched the blue light envelope the young lady?s athletic form, his head involuntarily began to fill itself with questions; will he be able to access his proficiency profile from his portable computer, will he have access to a knowledge base exclusive to members, will he find anything on the Dragon?
    Oh! That was quick. May-Ling was done and now it was his turn. OK, breathe as if you were about to enter meditation? The young Oda began to calm his mind and his body to a normal state. He wanted to offer the best readings possible, and using this goal as his focus, he attained his center swiftly.

Dispelling all boyish excitement and first timer butterflies, holding his center, he stepped into the dais with calm and confidence and went through the procedure without a stitch. So centered was he that the tickling sensation was

15. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    May-Ling Parker
    Reiken Arena, Hong Kong

May-Ling watched with amusement as Dean was being scanned by the machine. She let her mind wander, as they scaned him. What would HER score be like? Could this place help her develop even more? It seemed like this trip was opening up so many questions for her.

She looked up as Dean came over, quite happy at his time in the machine. May-Ling stepped in next, and grinned as
    Hikari gave her a huge reassuring smile and the thumbs up. She laughed softly, as she the blue light went around her, and she felt the odd effect, but she stayed still, so that the machine could get an accurate reading. It was really quite nice. Hwang then scanned Hikari, who was the last to be scanned. Dean, who was excited all over again, gave both of them a hi-five! Hikari also joined in, and gave a satisfied laugh as he hi-fived Dean and also May-Ling.

"Woot! where in this! Ya-hoo!!"

"Like father like son.." Master Lu Chan commented as he shook his head in amusement.

Ohh. There it was again. A bit of her old Masters past peeking through. May-Ling smiled. She was in far too good a mood not to. All these boys, and their hand slaps though. It made her chuckle softly to herself.

"So, do you wish to view your Proficiency Profiles individually, or together?" Hwang asked the three young martial artists.

The reception area suddenly grew very, very quiet all of a sudden.

It didnt bother Mayli..she already knew how she would answer. The two young men looked at each other, and then the cute one looked over at May-Ling, as she stood calmly by. She simply winked at him.

"I think that private viewing would be the best option at the moment?well, at least for me. I also have some questions?" Hikari announced cheerfully and without hesitation, but noticeably after some thought. He winks at both May-Ling and Dean.

"I agree." she stated simply. "Though...I dont mind if Master Lu Chan takes a peek." she added, looking over at him with a twinkle in her eye. She added in a low voice. "Not that you might be surprised." she said with a wink.

Tag: Ameteth, GreyJedi

16. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    GM's Note: I'll be on reduced internet time from Aug.21-31, but will be able to progress the game during that time as well, so keep those posts coming. I'd like to get us all into the Tourney by the first week of Sept. the latest...and then, hehehehe. We'll, all will be revealed in time. So, let's do this! :D

Excelsior!

grey [face_peace]

17. DarthXan318

Sep 12, 2002
    Mandarin Hotel, Hong Kong

Teresa suppressed a chuckle. Well that explained why the girl had looked so familiar - she was some sort of celebrity, complete with a large teenage following. Teresa hadn't kept up with teen fads since she had been a teenager herself, but she'd probably seen this girl's picture somewhere before this regardless.

"That's my daughter." the man said with a chuckle of his own, half-apologizing and half-beaming with pride. "I guess she's famous out here. I had no idea."

"I?m so sorry, you were caught up in this." the girl - Raven, from the crowd's chanting - added. "I hope you are ok. I know this can be daunting especially if you are not used to it."

"Quite all right," Teresa assured them both with a smile. "I'll just - um - leave you to it. Best of luck."

She began trying to squish her way out of the crowd. It wasn't quite as easy as she thought it might be, and she thought that having squeezed through a crowd once already this week. This time, though, she was backed against the lift doors and the throng of kids didn't seem to want to let anyone go anywhere. There were enough people here that she could see hotel security over their heads, and those guards didn't look pleased.

Maybe she should've asked Raven to wish her luck, too.

TAG: Grey, Tee

18. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    Fiona O'Hara/ New York City/ USA
    Fiona's Apartment

Eyes opening to a much darker world, Fiona's room was covered in shadows. Her curtains were open and light still came in form the city that never sleeps, as did the constant sound of life, but her world was darker and muted. She lay there for a moment, luxuriating in the smoothness of her sheets, and the simple pleasure of waking up in a place that you are comfortable in. Then she looked at the clock by her bed and realized it was drastically later than she had intended. Was I really that tired? Nearly two hours beyond when Nicole would have bene off of work, nearly two hours that would be needed now lost.

Sighing to herself, Fiona rolled off her bed, dressed in the same clothes she had worn earlier, and emerged slightly disheveled from her bedroom. Upon entering the living room she saw White Lotus sitting on the floor, meditating again. Nicole was sitting on the couch, curled up with a book. One of her favorite past times. She looked up at Fiona and smiled welcomingly.

Returning the smile, Fiona headed towards the kitchen to get a drink of water. Reaching into her cabinet she grabbed a blue mug and stuck it under the faucet. After it filled, she took a sip and savored the coolness as it spread throughout her mouth and down the back of her throat. It brought another smile to her face, as she finished the cup. It was time to get plans in motion, no matter what that might mean for the future.

Going back into the living room she took a seat next to Nicole. A glance at White Lotus didn't really reveal much. Turning her attention back to her friend, Fiona tilted her head for a second. "She told you anything?" Her head tilted towards the woman sitting cross-legged on the floor.

Nicole had put her bookmark in to mark her page, and set the book on the coffee table. "Nope, not a thing. What's going on Fiona? I know you're leaving, but you didn't have to tell me to come up here. I was going to anyway." A look of concern crossed her features. Hopefully there wasn't anything bad that had happened.

Looking down, Fiona absently rubbed one of her knees for a moment. Where should she start? Telling Nicole that she could go to Hong Kong? That she no longer had a family? One was good news, the other... was confusing. When she looked up and met the blonde's eyes, it became obvoius to Nicole that there was something wrong. But she wasn't going to push. Maybe later, when it was just the two of them. Fiona did finally speak however. "White Lotus said that you could come with me if you wanted to. She thought that having a friend around would be a good thing. You still up for it?" There was a decidedly hopeful look on Fiona's face as she said that.

A grin quickly spread across Nicole's face, and she nearly leapt at her friend. "Yes! Yes! I'm so there. I just need to go home and get packed. I'll be back over here directly after." There was a large note of excitement in her voice and it was written all over her face. Then there was a slight hitch. "You have any clue how long it'll be? I do kinda need to know how much stuff to pack, and tell my boss..." Her face screwed up. "Well, I guess he really won't be my boss any longer will he?" She shrugged, not really caring all that much.

Shaking her head slightly, Fiona grinned. "I'm planning for at least a month, so I'd do the same. Probably be a bit longer. You should probably grab ten or so books, just to be on the safe side." There was a slightly mischievous expression on her face when she said that. Ten books would weigh a lot more. However, she did realize that there was at least one problem that needed to be dealt with. Flying arrangements. For that she looked back at White Lotus. "If we're leaving tomorrow... how're we getting tickets?" She wasn't entirely sure if White Lotus would actually hear her or not.

TAG: GREY

OOC:
    oh grey, feel free to time jump us now. i'll fill in other stuff with nicole during my next post as a time lapsed dealio.

19. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Ambrose Charles Ambrose

He took his current patrons laugh in stride and even chuckled a little himself, after all what is a man if he cannot laugh at himself? A tired man most likely.

The guest that had been at his side was now a slumbering log, unmoving but in shallow resperation as his host observed. As the hosts 'daughter' covered the man he rose with Xi Yi, who led the short way to a hidden door.

A hidden door with a chinese checkers combination lock, something he observed carefully, for in all his years as a private eye, bartender, or in the military he had never heard of such a thing.

Well tended trees framed the court yard, with its patches of grass and areas smooth rocks. Small bridges rose over tranquil ponds which connected the areas. At the other end of the court yard, there was what seemed to be a small shrine, but dominating the center area was a large ying-yang symbol made entirely of black and white pebbles.

"Well..." he started with that drawled out word as he looked upon the courtyard, "This here reminds me of da' January's garden from the Merchants Tale, though I would hope you think me no Damian." he spoke the last with a laugh as he took the scenery in.

"Fer' not yer' daughter would I ask but of your knowledge what er'ver you be willin' to teach me...whether for the Tournament or but a way to understand better. I would be most glad."

OOC: Currently DRL until September is hectic and crazy, but I will attempt to keep up so hopefully I won't vanish. If I do I will be back soon!

20. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    GM's Note: Hark Dragon Warriors! the wait is over! Regular posting will resume anon. There will be an update which will include a forward push in storyline, fyi. So, thank you all for your patience....aaand Game On! :D

21. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Moving things forward a bit. PLEASE READ.

Elsewhere, Chamber of the Sages and Oracles...

The late evening chants echoed sonorously throughout the Hidden Monastery, undeterred by the slight chill already settling in the night air. Few figures moved about at this time, but one of them did so with purpose. The Elder Abbot's footsteps were nigh inaudible as the venerable man approached the designated door. Upon reaching, he gently came to a full stop and looked upon the door's ornate surface. His left hand, which absently stroked his long white beard, now swung behind him, where it was clasped by his right. The Elder Abbot allowed himself a moment to admire the beauty wrought by the artisans who crafted the door's surface. Such artistry and detail! That small joy was in every way appreciated, before it was set aside in favour of a more pragmatic mindset.

As he brought his hand forth to rap on the door an announce his presence, a gentle female voice spoke out from within the chamber.

"Please come in. It is already open."

The Elder Abbot allowed himself a small smile. Of course. The Oracle would know that he'd be at her door precisely at that moment. Without wasting another moment, he gently opened the door and stepped into the Oracle's meditation chamber.

At once, The Elder Abbot became aware of the pleasing room temperature within the chamber, possibly due in part by the large circle of votive candles lit at the center of the large room, which was lit only by candle light, which unfortunately obscured the inspirational tapestries adorning the chamber's inner walls.

The Elder Abbot approached the circle of candles and came to a stop at a respectable distance. Within the circle, dressed in silk robes, a woman who appeared ageless sat in meditative silence. Her eyes remained closed as she sat in lotus position.

"Have you any news..." The Elder Abbot asked after a moment, skipping past the usual pleasantries.

"Yes. They are close and should soon be on the move." The Oracle answered cordially.

"Good. This is good." The Elder Abbot asserted before easing himself unto the next question on his mind.

"Have you foreseen any trouble?" He asked, hoping to sound devoid of all anxiety or expectation.

The Elder Abbot realized that after a beat, that perhaps his question could have been clearer, yet he was curious as to how the Oracle would answer.

"There is always trouble." She said simply. "Dark times are approaching, but so far, it's nothing that cannot be handled by the Guardians of Wudan." A brief pause was used for effect to underscore this fact. "The World Martial Arts Tournament will be held as planned."

This answer seemed to satisfy the Elder Abbot, who merely nodded affirmatively and began once again to stroke his white beard.

".....and what of the missing Relic?" He asked tentatively.

"You already know the answer to that question, even before it was asked. Nothing has changed."

A long sigh was all the Elder Abbot could offer in response. More silence filled the chamber before he once again found his voice with which to speak.

"Please send for me should you learn anything significant, Wise Oracle. Thank you for your time....By your leave."

"Leave granted..." The Oracle intoned graciously.

After a deferential bow, the Elder Abbot did take his leave from the chamber, as his mind was already working on the latest changes he needed to implement regarding the upcoming event.

Hong Kong, Victoria Harbor

Evening had come to Victoria Harbor and the city became lit up like a valley filled with spectacular christmas trees. It was indeed a festival of lights, one that was renewed daily after sunset. And like with all things cyclical, the ending of the day and the begining of the evening meant change, as well as heralding the fact that a new day was underway.

For Hikari Oda, Dean Law, May-Ling Parker and Master Lu Chan, it meant the conclusion of a t

22. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Ambrose Charles Ambrose

Stepping out of the shop of Kwan Yi, he deeply breathed in the night air. It was so different from home in so many ways, but yet it still held the scent of the sea...with a tinge of a different aroma mixed in, not only from the place itself, but from the different waters.

Any captain worth his salt will tell ya that each body of water not only has it's own temperament but also a unique flavor about it, the South China Sea is nothing like the Norwegian, and the Norwegian is different from the Northern Sea.

"Oh, what do you do with a drunken sailor?
    What do you do with a drunken sailor?
    What do you do with a drunken sailor,
    Er'ly in the mornin'.
    "

Softly he sung the song out, when was the last time he had even thought of the tune? Turning he began through the streets, his height, and trench coat probably made him stick out like a drunken sailor in Victoria Harbor.

"Throw him in the long boat till he's sober.
    Throw him in the long boat till he's sober.
    Throw him in the long boat till he's sober,
    Er'ly in the mornin'.
    "

Walking on he repeated the chorus, craining his next as he took in all the tall buildings, all the neon signs flashing. He hardly knew how far he traveled, he merely knew he just had to turn around to get back. Hmm, an instinctual fighter...yeah, he liked that attribute and gladly took it. Stopping he leaned back against a bare patch of wall looking up and down the street.

"Put em' in the brig with the Captain's daughter.
    Put em' in the brig with the Captain's daughter.
    Put em' in the brig with the Captain's daughter,
    Er'ly in the mornin'!
    "

As he continued to sing the silly old sea song he felt a wave of memories, from his childhood playing in the harbor, learning the songs the sailors sung to pass the time and work. Then getting his hide tanned by his parents when repeating them. With a grin he brought his mind back to the present and what tomorrow would hold with Kwan Yi being his guide.

Life was coming together for something, and he would be near the core. Smiling he sung on, yes the only the only thing that could make this moment better would be a toothpick.

"What do you do with a drunken sailor..."

TAG: Any in Victoria Harbor, Grey

23. DarthXan318

Sep 12, 2002
    Victoria Harbour, Hong Kong

Teresa had done a double-take at the news that Raven was also bound for the World Martial Arts Tournament (no matter how tactfully Zang had tried to reveal it). It seemed like such a bizarre coincidence that they had checked into the same hotel, on the same day, and had decided to go downstairs at the same time. What were the odds?

Either this tournament was more mainstream than she had been led to believe - Teresa thought not - or there was just something else afoot here.

Still, dinner with Zang, Raven and Raven's father was a pleasant affair, only mildly marred by Teresa's absymal skill with chopsticks. She had attempted to learn how to use them on the plane ride here, consulting the how-to at the back of her guidebook, but the finer points of using two thin sticks to pick up food still escaped her. Teresa discreetly watched Zang eat and was marginally better at it by the end of the meal.

After dinner, Teresa turned to Raven and her father. "I'm going to take a walk outside - I hear the Symphony of Lights performance is quite good." 'Quite good' was not quite the effusive praise her guidebook had heaped upon the show of lights and lasers projected from various buildings that ran every day at 8pm, a few minutes from now, but Teresa always doubted guidebooks. "Perhaps you'd like to join me?"

Teresa had no idea if they would take up her offer or not. After all, they had just met, and Raven might not want to risk getting mobbed again. But either way, as they were off to the tournament together tomorrow, Teresa had a feeling they would be seeing quite a lot of each other in the future.

TAG: Tee

24. spacelady

spacelady Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    IC as Kamiko Takahashi

Stepping off of the gate that led to the plane she and the monk trainer, Ming, had come from, Kamiko sucked in a deep breath at the sights surrounding her and grinned. She slammed her hands on her hips and mused to herself, World martial arts tournament, here I come! Kamiko Takahashi will be your next champion! Folding one hand into a fist, she pumped it into the air, silently vowing that she would be the winner.

Rounding on the male monk standing at her side, Kamiko held her hands together to fight off the eagerness building rapidly within her. "What will we be doing first, Mr. Ming? I'm so excited! Training? Signing up? Meeting with the other fighers?" she asked in a quick breath, her excitement obviously making her a touch hyper. "Oh, but if we meet the other contestants, I simply have to get something better to wear! I can't show myself in front of them in this ragged old thing!"

The young Japanese woman looked off in the distance, her mind instantly going to the love of her life. The one she had met at the previous World Martial Arts Tournament. He would be there, hopefully. There was rumor he would be and if not, she countered with a mental smile, he would see the beautiful woman fighting for his honor!

She could easily imagine it. "Ms. Kamiko Takahashi, you are one of the bravest and best martial artists in the entire world! I would be honored to have a private duel with you." A flicker of red heat settled across Kamiko's cheeks as she thought about it and sighed wistfully. He would see her fight, and he would fall just as much in love with her as she was with him!

Tag: Ming

25. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    May-Ling Parker

Evening had come to Victoria Harbor and the city became lit up. It was quite beautiful, almost as beautiful as the sunset itself. It had been quite an exciting first day in Hong Kong. Hikari Oda, Dean Law, Master Lu Chan and she had spent the entire day at the Reiken Arena. It was truly a well bit place. And what she had found there had been quite interesting. The class had been quite instructive, not to mention fun and challenging, especially at the end, with the unexpected 'free for all' challenge. But May didnt push too had. She wanted to save something for the challenge. After all, no mater how cute he was, she may have to fight him later on. Best not put all of her best out there just yet.

"I can't recall the last time I had these many talented students in the same class." The Grand Master had commented after an intense exchange, which they had rather enjoyed. Later after the class, and once they had returned to their vehicle and were well on their way back to the Saikyo Academy, Osamu made another announcement.

"Tomorrow I shall be taking you to the airport where you shall be taking a private transport to Wuhan, which is in the Hubei province. From there, things will get alot more interesting."

May-Ling looked over at Master Lu Chan, her eyes glittering brightly. 'More interesting?' She gave her old master a quiet nod. There was just so much she didnt know. It was both terrifying and exciting. Before she could ask him anything, the Grand Master then invited everyone to dinner and did not take 'no' for an answer.

It took every ounce of effort for May-Ling to not squirm in her seat. There was so many question that blossomed into her mind. How far was it? Was this a very formal combat? What were the rules? She hoped it wasnt too ... bloody. But her Master would have warned her...so, she didnt worry TOO much about it. She just waited until she could get a quiet moment along with Master Chan, right before dinner.

"What did the Grand Master mean by ... 'more interesting'?" she asked with a sly grin. "After seeing the people in the Reinken Arena, I am taking it that this tourney is quite different than the ones we have ever attended..." she asked softly. She brought her finger up to her cheek, as her mind began to churn with many questions.

TAG: Ameteth, Greyjedi

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.