main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Dragonball Z

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by GreenGreatWarrior, Jul 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GreenGreatWarrior

GreenGreatWarrior Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2003
    Apparently Fox has bought the rights to a Live Action Dragonball Z movie and ILM will be doing the effects and God (Good 'ol Georgie) will be responsible for the effects that ILM is doing. Does anyone have any confirmation on this?

2. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    Where did you hear this from? If you have some sort of source, it'd probably be easier to verify or prove wrong.

Edit: According to this site, it is unconfirmed. However, I know nothing about Dragonball Z, so I have no idea if that site is any good or not.

3. flyingseal

flyingseal Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 20, 2002
    I've heard this rumors as well more then a year ago.
    It was said back then that Jackie Chan was going to play one of the main characters :p :D...

I don't have a link though, I heard it from friends.

4. malducin

malducin Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 2001
    Yep I've also herd it as arumor quite some time ago, around March 2002. Apparently Fox bought the rights but the rumors had Spielberg as the director, which can't be since he is directing Terminal and Indy 4 first, and ILM doing the VFX. Supposdely i's slated for a 2005 release.

As far as I know, ILM doing the VFX is just a rumor and totaly unconfirmed and highly suspect. In any case I'll be talking to ILM at SIGGRAPH to see any new projects they might have coming up. A lot of people aren't evn aware of the projects they have lined up this year.

5. Tycho556

Tycho556 Jedi Youngling

Jul 19, 2002
    Well, I really doubt that the movie will even gets made, and I haven't heard anything close to confirmed about it yet.

P.S. Jet Lee as Vegeta

6. lumberjedi

lumberjedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 17, 2002
    But you know what will happen? It will be Colin Farrel as Vegeta.

All you need is love!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.